IGNORED

Jinger and Lawson courting?

SPHASH

I go trough all 3 nephews regularly before getting the right name. And the youngest nephew does the same with me, he'll go: mom, gran, uhm auntie. And sometimes he trows in dad to.

My mom mixes me and my sister up a lot, sometimes including her sisters names as well.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dad would often run through all our names and still not land on the right one. I was lucky that he never called me by the cats' or dog's name, as happened once or twice with my sibs. But, if he called my sister "Pete" and me "George", he always got it "right". 

I can't imagine if he had had 19 kids. :pb_rollseyes:

Only child, my parents used to call me by the cats names all the damn time.

It'd be "Gil- Puss- Jim- EMMALINE"

We sometimes call our dog our son's name and vice versa. Horrible, I know. But they both are two syllables and end in Y. :)

My sister I have similar-ish names (both start with the same letter and are somewhat traditional/common) so even people who don't know one of us would accidentally call us by the other one's name! Genuinely answer to both now...

I'm really hoping the rest of the J-spawn realise alliterative names are a bad idea for this reason. Especially with so many kids you need to give each a shot at being an individual, rather than just another unmemorable addition to the brood!

My dad would often run through all our names and still not land on the right one. I was lucky that he never called me by the cats' or dog's name, as happened once or twice with my sibs. But, if he called my sister "Pete" and me "George", he always got it "right". 

I can't imagine if he had had 19 kids. :pb_rollseyes:

My grandmother does that with all the girls in our family. It's funny because she'll call us the full list of women before us. So, I'm "mom, aunt, sister, me," my sister is "mom, aunt, me, sister," my mom is "aunt, me, sister, mom," and my aunt "mom, me, sister, aunt." Every time. Lol

When my brother and sister were little, they sounded the same from across the house. I got tired of getting yelled at for yelling at the wrong sibling, so I eventually mashed their names together. Drove my sister insane. Lol

As for pets, my brother and my dog were always called the wrong name, particularly when my mom was mad. Though, my favorite "mom mad" mix up was when she was having an argument with me and meant to tell me to shut up, but used her name instead. I couldn't stop laughing.

If they do announce a courtship, it's going to be anticlimactic.  Too much stalling and your audience gets bored

Oh, please. If they announced this courtship, this board would explode. Even if we "expect" it, it'll still blow up. Speculating about a Bates/Duggar pairing has been happening since we first learned about the Bates, but there's never been more than a hint of a hint that one may ever happen. The second one is announced, it's going to be all hands on deck and the speculation train is going to be jammed with ever bit of bottled up hope and worry that has ever been held for a Duggar or Bates child/pairing.

My mom will do that. She'll try to call out my sons name and ends up saying my name first, then my sisters, then my kiddo. Always makes me laugh my butt off.

New wife's name is Meagan Forsyth.  Have no idea who these people are.

Jana and Jinger are dressed much nicer than for the usual fundie wedding.

links to these pics, please?  :)

links to these pics, please?  :)

I deleted the pic because the posters IG is private.  If you want to follow her, her screen name is @masiespace 

I think Joy was there too. I saw a photo of her with that furniture guy's family (who also had a post about being at the wedding.) I wonder if just the girls attended or if other Duggars were there.

My hope is that the announcement is not on Jill and Jessa's specials!!! I don't want to watch them. I can't explain to you why I will watch the Bates show. I know they are not that different as far as beliefs and lifestyle. I just HATE that these girls can make the covers of magazines and are so popular! I wish the specials could be cancelled. 

Rant over! 

I think Joy was there too. I saw a photo of her with that furniture guy's family (who also had a post about being at the wedding.) I wonder if just the girls attended or if other Duggars were there.

Yup, she was there and looking beautiful as always. I'll do some more sleuthing to see if I can find out anything else.

I was trying to see if those people had a special wedding hash tag for guests but couldn't find one. Was hoping to play "Where's Waldo/Wally" (Duggars) in the background. I assume this wedding had no dancing like all the rest. But some day I would love to stumble upon a photo of a Duggar dancing at a wedding.

Mum used to just run through all the kids names until she got to the correct one ie. Tom / steve/ Greg  JERRY but it would come out To/ Ste/ Gre JERRY! I don't remember getting the full name called

My mom sort of amalgamates my name and my sister's name into one when she's calling for the both of us. Most of the time, though, she and my dad would just resort to "GIRLS!"

My husband is one of four boys; he's in his late 40s, his brothers all in their 50s. But even after half a century of these guys, both parents regularly do name roulette with them, and on a couple of occasions I swear I heard my MIL cycle through all four names and then double-back until she hit the right one. And this with four very ordinary but dissimilar names, including one who goes by his initials.

If only she'd named one of them Spurgeon...

We sometimes call our dog our son's name and vice versa. Horrible, I know. But they both are two syllables and end in Y. :)

My kids are grown and out of the house.  We have two cats.  It may be understandable that I occasionally call the cats by the kids' names, but why I would call the kids by the cats' names still puzzles me--but I do it.

(Note: I don't address the kids by the cats' names. I refer to them by the cats' names as in, "I got a call from Motley--I mean Sandy--yesterday.")

I don't think Lawson and Jinger are courting. I remembered ages ago that people  were convinced John-David and Erin were courting! Then it was Jana and Zach. There probably will be a Bates-Duggar union in the future, but it will be between the younger kids.

I get the feeling Lawson is enjoying the single life right now. He might not get to travel and play country singer if he got married. Instead, he would have to resume his lawn care business in order to support a wife and growing family. It's more beneficial for him to wait.

I don't think Lawson and Jinger are courting. I remembered ages ago that people  were convinced John-David and Erin were courting! Then it was Jana and Zach. There probably will be a Bates-Duggar union in the future, but it will be between the younger kids.

I get the feeling Lawson is enjoying the single life right now. He might not get to travel and play country singer if he got married. Instead, he would have to resume his lawn care business in order to support a wife and growing family. It's more beneficial for him to wait.

Oh yeah, that's right,  this thread is supposed to be about Lawson and Jinger...

If he's content being single, that's even more the reason to get him married off. Cant risk him doing anything to besmirch the family name.

If he's content being single, that's even more the reason to get him married off. Cant risk him doing anything to besmirch the family name.

Yeah well, they tried this with Josh. And we all know how this one worked out. Not saying that Lawson is anything like Josh, but even the Bates should have realized by now that marrying someone off doesn't solve any problems.

Yeah well, they tried this with Josh. And we all know how this one worked out. Not saying that Lawson is anything like Josh, but even the Bates should have realized by now that marrying someone off doesn't solve any problems.

Josh already besmirched the family name, though. Even if the whole world didn't know by that point.

I don't remember any talk about JD and Erin.  Was this based on seeing any pictures of them together?  I know there's a rumor about Jana turning Zach down, but again can't remember if this was based on any visual evidence.  I'm not saying that they're definitely courting but I think there's enough evidence, pictures and a video which was deleted, for speculation.

It was ages ago on the TWOP boards after the Bates starting appearing on TV with the Duggars. People interpreted certain camera shots and interviews as hints of a courtship in the works. I remember it being a popular theory around the time of Josh's wedding special.

Ugh, the thought of pretty Erin ending up with John-David.

Still, there's arguably a lot more evidence with Lawson and Jinger considering the photobombs, them standing next to each other, the deleted videos, the obscured locations. It's not just based on a few camera shots, it's based on stuff they themselves have posted.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived