IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Lucky 13

happy atheist

Yeah I was quite surprised that they would be rollerskating to devil music. Don't they have Christian rock night at the roller palace?

She should take up roller derby.

I live more or less in the area and do roller derby. The other night as we were leaving practice, there were a bunch of people outside about to come in and it occurred to me that they had the fundie look- long hair/dresses, boys with tucked in button-up shirts, whatever. TON of kids per each fam, coming in vans gaudily plastered with religious bumper stickers, etc. It was about 11pm and some of the kids there were little-little and they apparently reserved a party there, it was totally creepy.

As we were leaving and they were getting ready to come in, I was curious and asked if they were having a birthday party. It was a church homeschool gathering, apparently. Everyone looked pretty excited and the kids were all perky, even the little-littles, which struck me as really strange just given how late it was!

Anybutts, I guess it's p common for groups like that to come in at the middle of the night for wholesome skating goodness.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

11pm? Interesting. Is it a fundie thing to be night owls? Haha! I know it seems like the Duggars are always up super late and kind of lack any sort of real schedule/routine. I suppose kids just get used to that. But I bet in the beginning it was bad. I know that most kids really do better when there is some sort of routine. I can't imagine taking my kid anywhere at 11pm...even if he is a bit of a night owl for an almost 2 year old. We had to be out that late when we returned on vacation and it messed him up a bit. It wasn't fun.

Yeah, when you don't go to school in the morning and don't have the strictest starting time for when class at home starts, it must be easy for littles to be nocturnal. I don't mind as long as they're not being forced to do it or ruining adult time by being taken to late showings at the theater or something, it just strikes me as something which is done to avoid heathens.

If that's the case, lol forever because their poor lambs were exposed to a bunch of derby weirdos in summer-appropriate workout rags and thigh-high socks.

11pm? Interesting. Is it a fundie thing to be night owls? Haha! I know it seems like the Duggars are always up super late and kind of lack any sort of real schedule/routine. I suppose kids just get used to that. But I bet in the beginning it was bad. I know that most kids really do better when there is some sort of routine. I can't imagine taking my kid anywhere at 11pm...even if he is a bit of a night owl for an almost 2 year old. We had to be out that late when we returned on vacation and it messed him up a bit. It wasn't fun.

Im not sure, cause there are plenty more who get up for ridiculously early Bible Study for no reason and are overscheduled. I think theres two flavours of fundies-the ones who can only cope with life by scheduling every second of the day because they have too many kids, and the ones who have forgotten any semblance of routine because they have too many kids and cant cope with them all.

Yeah, when you don't go to school in the morning and don't have the strictest starting time for when class at home starts, it must be easy for littles to be nocturnal. I don't mind as long as they're not being forced to do it or ruining adult time by being taken to late showings at the theater or something, it just strikes me as something which is done to avoid heathens.

If that's the case, lol forever because their poor lambs were exposed to a bunch of derby weirdos in summer-appropriate workout rags and thigh-high socks.

19 Kids Spinoff: Duggar vs Bates roller derby :pray:

I want need this to happen.

I just want to see Gil take out JB and JB get all pissy because "The jock was mean to me again mommy"

I just want to see Gil take out JB and JB get all pissy because "The jock was mean to me again mommy"

Hahahaha yes. And Michelle and Kelly elbowing and shoving each other to prove who is the superior mother since they are tied for number of children.

Oh lord I'm imagining Michelle flipping over a railing. Am a terrible person for laughing at that image?

I could have sworn the Duggar boys didn't wear shorts. Am I remembering that correctly or no?

Just wondering since I saw a photo of JB and some of the boys at an airshow and James has on shorts.

Hahahaha yes. And Michelle and Kelly elbowing and shoving each other to prove who is the superior mother since they are tied for number of children.

Oh lord I'm imagining Michelle flipping over a railing. Am a terrible person for laughing at that image?

I'm just going to leave this here...

3DZ2xMM.jpg

Why is TLC even featuring the Duggars' in a special about abuse? J'Chelle and Boob feel that Smuggar did nothing wrong, and all should be forgiven. This is not the right message to be portraying. Just axe the Duggars' all together, TLC. We've had enough.

Poor poor Jennifer.

I know, I saw these pictures too. :cry:

I hope someone is caring for her and giving her REAL personalized attention.

ETA: Her birthday is coming up. Hopefully she has a happy birthday and feels special. Seeing a picture of her smiling would really be nice.

I'm just going to leave this here...

3DZ2xMM.jpg

I'VE NEVER LOOKED AT A PICTURE AND WANTED IT AS MY ICON BUT I WANT THIS CAN SOMEONE MAKE THIS HAPPEN????

I don't know why being a night owl family means you have no routine.

I know the Duggars probably don't have a routine, but that's based on other factors, not getting up late. You can still have a routine. You routine just starts later and ends later.

I have always been a night owl. At like 5 years old I used to stay up till like 1 in the morning waiting for my dad because he worked nights and I liked hanging out with him when he came home. On the weekends obviously. If I didn't have to get up early for anything I could have very easily started my day at 11 and ended it at midnight.

When I went to Fundie school--that was like homeschool only we did it at the church.

We would arrive at school in the morning in our uniforms, pledge allegiance to the flag, and then do about an hour of ACE or Accelerated Christian Education. Then at about 10 we had recess and after that "chapel".

Chapel went on until lunch time. We had to spend a great deal of time praising and trying to speak in tongues. The principle said he was watching us and anyone who was not praising properly would be hauled into his office. Then we had some hellfire and brimstone sermon that scared the shit out of us.

After lunch, we went back to our individual cubicles and worked on our ACE paces until 2:30 when it was time to go home. Even the school work was so bible based that it was mostly memorizing bible verses, or reading some bible and answering questions about it---blah blah. Actual time spent on doing school work was less than 2 hours per day.

Oh yeah the girls got to go to a singing class with an opera singer once per week. She was only allowed (by her husband) to teach opera singing to the girls, not the boys because of all the deep breathing that opera singing involved. :lol:

There was church on Sunday morning and Sunday night and Wednesday night. I mostly avoided going to youth group.

So my point is that school was the lowest thing on the priority list even in a regimented time situation.

I don't know why being a night owl family means you have no routine.

I know the Duggars probably don't have a routine, but that's based on other factors, not getting up late. You can still have a routine. You routine just starts later and ends later.

I have always been a night owl. At like 5 years old I used to stay up till like 1 in the morning waiting for my dad because he worked nights and I liked hanging out with him when he came home. On the weekends obviously. If I didn't have to get up early for anything I could have very easily started my day at 11 and ended it at midnight.

It doesn't. There is actually a thing called sleep phase delay that a lot of people have. They start their day much later and they end it much later. It all works out good if there is no pressure, but there is always moral pressure because not getting up early is considered by many to be some sort of moral failing. So the night owls end up feeling bad about themselves and are stressed out all the time if they attempt to become an early bird.

When I went to Fundie school--that was like homeschool only we did it at the church.

We would arrive at school in the morning in our uniforms, pledge allegiance to the flag, and then do about an hour of ACE or Accelerated Christian Education. Then at about 10 we had recess and after that "chapel".

Chapel went on until lunch time. We had to spend a great deal of time praising and trying to speak in tongues. The principle said he was watching us and anyone who was not praising properly would be hauled into his office. Then we had some hellfire and brimstone sermon that scared the shit out of us.

After lunch, we went back to our individual cubicles and worked on our ACE paces until 2:30 when it was time to go home. Even the school work was so bible based that it was mostly memorizing bible verses, or reading some bible and answering questions about it---blah blah. Actual time spent on doing school work was less than 2 hours per day.

Oh yeah the girls got to go to a singing class with an opera singer once per week. She was only allowed (by her husband) to teach opera singing to the girls, not the boys because of all the deep breathing that opera singing involved. :lol:

There was church on Sunday morning and Sunday night and Wednesday night. I mostly avoided going to youth group.

So my point is that school was the lowest thing on the priority list even in a regimented time situation.

Do the Duggars speak in tongues? Oh man the money I woul pay to hear Michelle's baby voice speaking in tongues.

It doesn't. There is actually a thing called sleep phase delay that a lot of people have. They start their day much later and they end it much later. It all works out good if there is no pressure, but there is always moral pressure because not getting up early is considered by many to be some sort of moral failing. So the night owls end up feeling bad about themselves and are stressed out all the time if they attempt to become an early bird.

The problem is that kids who go to a regular school need to be in bed at a decent hour. So starting a party at 11pm wouldn't make sense at all. I certainly wouldn't want my kid to go to a party at 11pm when they need to be up at 7 or whatever for school. I know it's Summer now so it's a different story.

I am a night owl as well. But if I need to get up early, then I have to make myself go to bed early. Some people think it's bizarre that our 2 year old is up until 10pm. But he sleeps until 8am since I don't need to get up and go to work or anything like that. But once he's school aged, we'll have to adjust that. I don't want a kid that gets no sleep. He'd be a terror.

The problem is that kids who go to a regular school need to be in bed at a decent hour. So starting a party at 11pm wouldn't make sense at all. I certainly wouldn't want my kid to go to a party at 11pm when they need to be up at 7 or whatever for school. I know it's Summer now so it's a different story.

I am a night owl as well. But if I need to get up early, then I have to make myself go to bed early. Some people think it's bizarre that our 2 year old is up until 10pm. But he sleeps until 8am since I don't need to get up and go to work or anything like that. But once he's school aged, we'll have to adjust that. I don't want a kid that gets no sleep. He'd be a terror.

Yes but we're talking about Fundies who can pick their own times. Someone did imply that they have no routine just because Fundies can set their own times. Idk if that's exactly what they meant but that's how it came off to me, and that makes no sense.

Yes but we're talking about Fundies who can pick their own times. Someone did imply that they have no routine just because Fundies can set their own times. Idk if that's exactly what they meant but that's how it came off to me, and that makes no sense.

I don't recall anyone implying that. I know I mentioned the Duggars not having a routine though.

I know, I saw these pictures too. :cry:

I hope someone is caring for her and giving her REAL personalized attention.

ETA: Her birthday is coming up. Hopefully she has a happy birthday and feels special. Seeing a picture of her smiling would really be nice.

On the Duggar Facebook page, there are a couple photos where she's kind of smiling.

I don't recall anyone implying that. I know I mentioned the Duggars not having a routine though.

I must have not been clear about you not meaning "the duggars have no routine because they wake up late."

There are people who feel this way, so it wasn't a stretch for me to see that opinion. But if that's not what you meant then nvm lol.

Do the Duggars speak in tongues? Oh man the money I woul pay to hear Michelle's baby voice speaking in tongues.

No, I don't think so. They are Baptist. My crowd was independent Pentecostal.

Archived