IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Lucky 13

happy atheist

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friends, what do you think the Duggars opinion is on Ancient Aliens? (History channel TV show and the theory) :lol:

Please tell me some of you signed up for the Duggar Family Newsletter!

I did, after I read your post. Got an autoreply saying thanks for reaching out, we will pray for you, we're very busy but will consider coming to any speaking engagements. Click here to buy our book. Click here to subscribe to the newsletter [ :doh: ]. Click here to check out Dillards and Seewalds. Also, Jesus loves you.

Time to update that autoreply, Duggars.

I did, after I read your post. Got an autoreply saying thanks for reaching out, we will pray for you, we're very busy but will consider coming to any speaking engagements. Click here to buy our book. Click here to subscribe to the newsletter [ :doh: ]. Click here to check out Dillards and Seewalds. Also, Jesus loves you.

Time to update that autoreply, Duggars.

Invite them to come speak here.

Such a babyface! This is from furniture guy's instagram, and he stated if he would have know that the Duggars like wearing his shirts so much he would've given them a case years ago. DUH! JB loves handouts!

James has always seem to possess a certain whatever kinda vibe. Like if it takes me "watching" these fools to get food, fine. But lacking education or a skill his professional life may lead him to yard work with the boys. Though he does remind of JD. Besides PT constable and fire dept volunteer, and some construction, not really sure what JD's job is.

Seriously it's got to be sinking in with JB that he can have only so many of his sons do yard work/ construction for him. And he's got to know that those don't even sound like fun and fulfilling jobs bc it's not something they are choosing.

maybe hes lucky and skips the hairline. I have a soft spot for both James and jackson , they seem a bit special.

How is it that Michele and the girls and younger boys all look like they were dressed by Goodwill and Jim Bob's suit looks perfect? Well fitted suits and crisp shirts? Are his things the only things ironed?

How is it that Michele and the girls and younger boys all look like they were dressed by Goodwill and Jim Bob's suit looks perfect? Well fitted suits and crisp shirts? Are his things the only things ironed?

I wonder who does the ironing. If it's grandma Mary then I wouldn't be thT surprised if she only ironed her precious Boob's shirts. If it's one of the j slaves then they're probably too tired doing everything else they need to do that ironing isn't a priority. They iron Boob's stuff cause he insists.

Man I want these kids to break free so bad. With so many of them they EASILY out number boobchelle. I would definitely turn the other way if all the Duggar kids worked together and kept their parents in he basement eating scraps lol.

Invite them to come speak here.

I'd love it if they did a Reddit AMA style thing on FJ!

I'd love it if they did a Reddit AMA style thing on FJ!

Or on reddit. And the great thingd be, they couldn't delete legit questions.

Or on reddit. And the great thingd be, they couldn't delete legit questions.

No but they wouldn't be the first to ignore them. I would love to see them do an ama though. In the very least it will give us entertainment to see them making a fool of themselves and in the best case scenario they will even answer a few hard questions.

No but they wouldn't be the first to ignore them. I would love to see them do an ama though. In the very least it will give us entertainment to see them making a fool of themselves and in the best case scenario they will even answer a few hard questions.

That's what I'm saying. They can ignore but can't delete the anti messages. And reddit would eat them alive.

That's what I'm saying. They can ignore but can't delete the anti messages. And reddit would eat them alive.

Are you including the bunches of their fans that would be on there asking them stupid questions like what's it like having to wait for the bathroom with all those people. I think a lot of the hard hitting questions and comments would get buried. Also people would jump in and defend them.

JB is pretty good at the non-answer or asking a question that wasn't asked.

Are you including the bunches of their fans that would be on there asking them stupid questions like what's it like having to wait for the bathroom with all those people. I think a lot of the hard hitting questions and comments would get buried. Also people would jump in and defend them.

JB is pretty good at the non-answer or asking a question that wasn't asked.

Yes, I'm considering that. There's a much greater portion of reddit that is very anti-religion, liberal, etc etc.

Plus if you look on /r/19kidsandcounting? They're harder than us sometimes.

So while I agree that it's a possibility leghumpers would flood the reddit AMA I also think it's equally likely haters would flood it.

Thus why they wouldn't go near reddit.

I wonder if their contracts would allow them the availability to move to a different network so soon after the show was canceled. Or if there will be brand issues. TLC owns the 19 kids and counting brand. The Duggers can not take that brand to another network unless TLC allows the other network to buy the 19 kids and counting brand.

Is this a good thing ( the Calvinist side?)

And what are the main differences between Calvinists and whatever the hell the Duggars claim to be? Would moving towards Calvinism be a move in a less restrictive direction?

A good thing? Not necessarily.

Voddie B. hung out with the likes of Doug Phillips, Scott Brown, and such. Other hyper-calvin names include the Bayly brothers, James and Stacey McDonald, and Doug Wilson. Mars Hill prided itself on Calvinism, didn't it? But Mark Driscoll seems to be joining the lucrative Word Faith charlatans.

Hyper-Calvinist churches are hyper-patriarchal, in my experience.

(Edited to add a couple names I remembered)

A good thing? Not necessarily.

Voddie B. hung out with the likes of Doug Phillips, Scott Brown, and such. Other hyper-calvin names include the Bayly brothers, James and Stacey McDonald, and Doug Wilson. Mars Hill prided itself on Calvinism, didn't it? But Mark Driscoll seems to be joining the lucrative Word Faith charlatans.

Hyper-Calvinist churches are hyper-patriarchal, in my experience.

(Edited to add a couple names I remembered)

I will confess, I have not done a lot of reading on the subject, but when I think of Calvin, am I right that he started what became the Presbyterian Church? In my area, these churches are very mainstream and not particularly viewed as conservative.

But when I see Calvinism mentioned on FJ, I get a very different impression. I started reading that book about Quiverfull on my Kindle, and then my Kindle died and I haven't replaced it yet. I gather that the form of Calvinism that DPIAT promoted, and that the Seewalds follow is ultra conservative and very patriarchal. I know nothing about Mars Hill other than I have seen references here and there. Maybe as the Duggar part of FJ slows down in the wake of the cancellation, I will venture more to other areas of the FJ site. But sometimes it feels like work to me, to have to read so much background info, just to get caught up. As someone who works full time, and has a side part time job and is studying for a very robust certification exam, I just don't have that kind of time. I like my free time activities to be a little less intense.

I wonder if their contracts would allow them the availability to move to a different network so soon after the show was canceled. Or if there will be brand issues. TLC owns the 19 kids and counting brand. The Duggers can not take that brand to another network unless TLC allows the other network to buy the 19 kids and counting brand.

They can rename the show. United Bates of America preceded Bringing Up Bates.

My guess is since they are still technically working with TLC on the special, we won't be seeing them anywhere but on Youtube anytime soon.

I am interested to know how JB will be budgeting now that the show is off the air.

What expenses get wiped first?

I am interested to know how JB will be budgeting now that the show is off the air.

What expenses get wiped first?

Let's not forget he's a millionaire living in rural Arkansas (with no mortgage). He's not making TLC money, but we have no idea what kind of investment income he has coming in. Just the interest alone on his money, is probably not too shabby.

But I will say we won't see any big trips for the entire family unless it's on someone else's dime (except for C. America. They seem to make that work)

I've been thinking about how much more time they have these days.

No calls with TLC about filming schedules, which topics will be VSEs, etc.

No needing to record talking heads and voiceovers.

No more photo shoots.

No TLC appearances, the meetings/calls need to set up all of that, and traveling to and from.

Of course, a lot of their new free time was surely taken up meeting with their lawyers.

JB is also bad with money. Remember this is the guy who allowed his family to live like a pack of sardines while he used his savings to try and play politician.

Time for JB to get the older kids married off and/or gainfully employed. Also the ones on the Duggar Dole employed. JB this might mean letting your daughters (Jana/Jinger) have a bit of say in who their intended is. Might require letting your kids live outside of NW Ark. Oh and you and Michelle could try parenting the kids you do have.

Archived