IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Lucky 13

happy atheist

When I went to Fundie school--that was like homeschool only we did it at the church.

We would arrive at school in the morning in our uniforms, pledge allegiance to the flag, and then do about an hour of ACE or Accelerated Christian Education. Then at about 10 we had recess and after that "chapel".

Chapel went on until lunch time. We had to spend a great deal of time praising and trying to speak in tongues. The principle said he was watching us and anyone who was not praising properly would be hauled into his office. Then we had some hellfire and brimstone sermon that scared the shit out of us.

After lunch, we went back to our individual cubicles and worked on our ACE paces until 2:30 when it was time to go home. Even the school work was so bible based that it was mostly memorizing bible verses, or reading some bible and answering questions about it---blah blah. Actual time spent on doing school work was less than 2 hours per day.

Oh yeah the girls got to go to a singing class with an opera singer once per week. She was only allowed (by her husband) to teach opera singing to the girls, not the boys because of all the deep breathing that opera singing involved. :lol:

There was church on Sunday morning and Sunday night and Wednesday night. I mostly avoided going to youth group.

So my point is that school was the lowest thing on the priority list even in a regimented time situation.

I went to a very similar school. ACE curriculum and all. Luckily my parents were too liberal to get too engrossed in that world and our hours outside of school were normal(watching TV, weekends at the mall, dating, etc). And college and jobs were encouraged. We could have easily slipped head on into that fundie lifestyle otherwise.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the tragic thing of canceling 19 kids is that we will not get any new kid farm parody videos.

Maybe this has already been posted but Megyn Kelly is doing a special tonight...at 8 or 9 about "What is next for the Duggars". But I think we might already know all of the "facts" about that. Comments I saw were very negative about the Duggies.

Duggars Drive-Through Feral Child Safari Park!

It would have vending machines where you buy Fundie Feed (vinegar pretzels) and let them eat it out of your palm, and you can get your picture taken with an actual baby in the gift shop for $5. Maybe a carousel with little donated vans instead of horses.

Contact me, JB! Let's get them youngins back to monetizing!

I think the tragic thing of canceling 19 kids is that we will not get any new kid farm parody videos.

Kid farm still can do a ton of parodies.

But hopefully they don't touch on the scandal bc that would be...uncomfortable.

Maybe Funny or Die'll do more parodies of JB and J'Chelle. The sad thing is their parody interview was eerily close to the one they did with Megyn.

I went to a very similar school. ACE curriculum and all. Luckily my parents were too liberal to get too engrossed in that world and our hours outside of school were normal(watching TV, weekends at the mall, dating, etc). And college and jobs were encouraged. We could have easily slipped head on into that fundie lifestyle otherwise.

The worst part is that I bet your parents did not realize how nuts school was. What do they say about it now?

I was reading an obituary of one of my late mother's former neighbors. She was 88 and one of 18 children. She has one sister still living. It made me think of the Duggars. Someday they will be old and I wonder if they will have fond memories of filming with TLC. Someday there will be only one or two of them left with the memories.

I'm just going to leave this here...

3DZ2xMM.jpg

:laughing-rolling: I'm so glad no one was around when I saw this because I'm laughing my ass off :laughing-rollingyellow:

Maybe this has already been posted but Megyn Kelly is doing a special tonight...at 8 or 9 about "What is next for the Duggars". But I think we might already know all of the "facts" about that. Comments I saw were very negative about the Duggies.

Stinks of desperation to stay in the public eye. "Look what you guys will miss!" Wake me up when one of the kids writes a tell all.

Why is TLC even featuring the Duggars' in a special about abuse? J'Chelle and Boob feel that Smuggar did nothing wrong, and all should be forgiven. This is not the right message to be portraying. Just axe the Duggars' all together, TLC. We've had enough.

I don't either, I thought it was we're victims, but not really because it's ok, we don't remember. :ew:

I was reading an obituary of one of my late mother's former neighbors. She was 88 and one of 18 children. She has one sister still living. It made me think of the Duggars. Someday they will be old and I wonder if they will have fond memories of filming with TLC. Someday there will be only one or two of them left with the memories.

That's really deep.

I think with the way they've been indoctrinated, unless they make a clean break of the whole cult of JB all together, they're going to view the series as Daddy's great triumph-- until it was cruelly stolen from him because of his righteousness. For generations, it's going to be a story of how their family was wronged.

Ha! That's what I thought, too.

Maybe she wanted the camo shirt but was told no, 7ts for boys. Heres a pretty rainbow shirt like your sisters!!!

For a minute I thought I was looking at an old photo until I realuzed the girl I thought was Joy was actually Johannah

The worst part is that I bet your parents did not realize how nuts school was. What do they say about it now?

They totally just thought it was a nice private school in a nice neighborhood with nice people. They did notice the occasional odd moment-like when a friend went camping with us and still wore maxi skirts all weekend even in the wilderness.

I think it really struck them how unprepared we all were when we first got to college. We had all taken the SATs and managed to get into decent schools, but we had no study skills at all. The first year was a stuggle for each of us.

Time for JB to get the older kids married off and/or gainfully employed. Also the ones on the Duggar Dole employed. JB this might mean letting your daughters (Jana/Jinger) have a bit of say in who their intended is. Might require letting your kids live outside of NW Ark. Oh and you and Michelle could try parenting the kids you do have.

I don't know. I see it with Jana and Jinger quite the opposite.

I think now that Jana and Jill are married that they realize MORE how much they need Jana and Jinger still around. Sounds terrible, but if you have 5 FT employees and loose 2 FT employees, there is a lot of slack to pick up.

Would be interesting to know how much time Jessa spends at the house vs her own home. Jill is out of the country so no help there.

I have a feeling we're going to see courtships start popping like crazy, just so JB won't have to worry about feeding as many . . . Until he realizes places aren't going to pay for his weddings for free.

It would have to be the boys to start equaling things out now that the older girls have left. I don't see the boys taking care of the littler ones like the older girls did.

On a slightly unrelated note, why has the only ATI wedding so far been with Anna? It seems the girls would be even more pressured to marry within their cult.

This has puzzled me too. Not ATI and not political either. I don't understand it from Jim Boob & J'chelle's PoV.

Do the Duggars speak in tongues? Oh man the money I woul pay to hear Michelle's baby voice speaking in tongues.

I see you got your icon. :lol: Cute.

I see you got your icon. :lol: Cute.

I meant to brag about it in the thread where I asked for it, but I'm following too many. I posted my bragging in the wrong thread hahaha

I don't mean this to be a facetious question: I really don't know the answer. I know that the Duggars regard their show and their family as a ministry, but I keep wondering: what substantial good acts have they done for humanity? What has their ministry and faith accomplished? I recognize that they see their show and family as examples of how human beings should live, and in that sense they think they're models. But as far as I can tell having lots of kids and making women and children obedient hasn't changed the world for the better in any real or measurable way.

They went out and sang, they gave speeches, they allowed others to praise them, they told people how they thought they should behave, they had weddings and births on TV, and . . . so what? It lined their pockets; it made them feel righteous; and it seems to me that it's not giving, kind, generous or religious behavior. It's just a sort of smug, superior bubble bath of self-righteousness for them to sit in. I mean, even Bill Cosby coughed up a lot of money for charity (rather than just paying off women he'd used).

Weirdly enough, I think that Josh may have recognized that, and may have recognized that God didn't strike him down if he was lazy, selfish, and abusive. And his parents didn't magically know that he'd done things like that; they're a lot stupider and easier to fool than he might have thought when he was small. And he was supposed to model himself on Jim Bob without having a cohort of brothers of a similar age. He was more of an individualist and had more freedom than his sister. If he had some freedom, mixed in the world, and met other men in the area who weren't fundies, maybe he got some perspective on Jim Boob and realized what a completely egotistical jerk he is.

The only thing that comes to my mind, Cochise, is when they held the flea market/garage sale fundraiser for the Arkansas children's hospital that delivered Josie.

Interesting question Cochise. My guess would be that their mere presence in a Godly Manner would be their Ministry.

Modeling Jebus for us Masses.

They've actually done a lot of small charitable things to raise money for various....charitable causes. But really they consider their show a ministry because they believe it encourages people to embrace traditional marriage/many kids/homeschooling/Christianity.

Archived