IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Lucky 13

happy atheist

They may have been enrolled in the "camp" before the shit hit the fan.....

I bet they probably were enrolled pre-scandal, but from JB and Michelle's perspective it's an opportune time to send them away for re-programming, lest the scandal cause them to question any aspects of their lifestyle. The loss of mainstream appeal will probably cause the Duggars to double down on their Gothardite/IFB roots, because the people in this subculture don't seem to care about the scandal (and probably have known about it in some form or fashion for awhile) and probably still think of the Duggars as celebrities.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet they probably were enrolled pre-scandal, but from JB and Michelle's perspective it's an opportune time to send them away for re-programming, lest the scandal cause them to question any aspects of their lifestyle. The loss of mainstream appeal will probably cause the Duggars to double down on their Gothardite/IFB roots, because the people in this subculture don't seem to care about the scandal (and probably have known about it in some form or fashion for awhile) and probably still think of the Duggars as celebrities.

HAHA What can I say other than I don't see the Duggars planning that far in advance. Good for them. Odd that I've only see pics of Jer and not the other 3 at Camp Christian Soldier. And I'm still holding out that the didn't send little pumpkinhead James bc he's my favorite. Additionally, he would've been too young and all the bday pic has him wearing a Sam's shirt which is a recent thing.

This is my first post but I've been reading for ages.

Has anyone else noticed that Anna & even Marjorie to an extent look more like sisters (especially in that picture of Anna & Jessa) than inlaw/future possible inlaw. Given what is now known about Josh etc does anyone else feel it's a bit bizarre (not quite sure how to word it so hope this makes sense)

I don't think they look similar beyond the fact that they have the same style and are all young Caucasian females. I get that you're trying to imply that Josh chose Anna because he thinks she looks like his sisters (ugh), but how would Marjorie come into that? Marjorie in particular looks almost nothing like the Duggar girls, anyway (in my opinion).

I think when people dress similarly and have similar hairstyles they do often kind of look alike. But I don't think there's anything sinister there. It's just how people in their "circle' tend to look.

Things returning to normal with People Mag I reckon as that dueling baby bump pic is now on People.com

celebritybabies.people.com/2015/07/13/anna-jessa-duggar-compare-baby-bumps/

Article:

The number of Duggars should increase any day now — Anna Duggar is overdue!

The 19 Kids and Counting family’s official Facebook page posted a photo of Anna and sister-in-law Jessa (Duggar) Seewald comparing baby bumps Sunday night, pointing out that “sweet Anna is now past her due date!â€

“First time she has ever gone ‘late’ instead of early!†the reality stars wrote. “Here she is with our Jessa. Be praying for these girls. Pretty soon we will get to kiss the sweet face of another Duggar grandbaby!!!â€

Anna, 27, is expecting her fourth child with husband Josh Duggar, also 27, who has been keeping a low profile since news of his molestation scandal broke in May.

Jessa, 22, is due to give birth to her first baby Nov 1. She and husband Ben Seewald shared the news exclusively with PEOPLE in April.

“We are trying to take it one day at a time,†said Seewald, 20. “We pray every night that God helps us be good parents. We are getting advice from other parent.â€

Can we really blame M4 for wanting to stay comfy and safe instead of joining the Dugger circus?

Just saw tomorrow is the dress like a cow day for free chick-fil-a. Usually josh and Anna post pics. I'm sure Jessa and Ben will.

Just saw tomorrow is the dress like a cow day for free chick-fil-a. Usually josh and Anna post pics. I'm sure Jessa and Ben will.

Wait...there are pictures of them dressed as cows in the past? I need to see these.

ETA - Just googled. Not as good as I'd hoped. Haha!

Something I always wondered. Despite so many people going to Jessa's and Jill's weddings (thousands) and that the fact that the Duggars are pretty popular nobody seems to know anything about them. You would think that somebody would have some inside information to share with us but nobody seems to have any. Do all those people all have disclosure agreements with the family? I thought at least after Jill's wedding there would be some insider perspective but there wasn't. I know that even though I am not well known in my city there would be people who would at least know something about me and I live in a fairly large city. Don't understand it.

Things returning to normal with People Mag I reckon as that dueling baby bump pic is now on People.com

celebritybabies.people.com/2015/07/13/anna-jessa-duggar-compare-baby-bumps/

Article:

The number of Duggars should increase any day now — Anna Duggar is overdue!

The 19 Kids and Counting family’s official Facebook page posted a photo of Anna and sister-in-law Jessa (Duggar) Seewald comparing baby bumps Sunday night, pointing out that “sweet Anna is now past her due date!â€

“First time she has ever gone ‘late’ instead of early!†the reality stars wrote. “Here she is with our Jessa. Be praying for these girls. Pretty soon we will get to kiss the sweet face of another Duggar grandbaby!!!â€

Anna, 27, is expecting her fourth child with husband Josh Duggar, also 27, who has been keeping a low profile since news of his molestation scandal broke in May.

Jessa, 22, is due to give birth to her first baby Nov 1. She and husband Ben Seewald shared the news exclusively with PEOPLE in April.

“We are trying to take it one day at a time,†said Seewald, 20. “We pray every night that God helps us be good parents. We are getting advice from other parent.â€

What the hell kind of statement is that, it's not like they are going through a major life crisis with a pregnancy, it's a fucking pregnancy. and it's not like it's the first one in the world....

Sounds like a very young person who is not at all prepared to be a parent. He is in for a rude awakening, I think.

Sounds like a very young person who is not at all prepared to be a parent. He is in for a rude awakening, I think.

Ben isn't even wearing the "this guy is going to be a dad" shirts yet like Derick wore. He's really just a kid himself, but luckily Jessa has lots of experience taking care of her buddy group.

Ben isn't even wearing the "this guy is going to be a dad" shirts yet like Derick wore. He's really just a kid himself, but luckily Jessa has lots of experience taking care of her buddy group.

Well, dontcha know? It's the MOM'S job to be the parent. Until the female children get old enough to take over that responsibility.

Edited for riffles

FGKdnQfl.jpg

Anna's still pregnant; Josh is still absent from family photos. Bonus Sierra sighting. Photo courtesy duggarfam.

FWIW, his congrats Amy IG post got 10k fewer likes than Anna's did.

FGKdnQfl.jpg

Anna's still pregnant; Josh is still absent from family photos. Bonus Sierra sighting. Photo courtesy duggarfam.

FWIW, his congrats Amy IG post got 10k fewer likes than Anna's did.

Wow, Marcus is so big. Is Michael the one in the middle in the back with the longish hair?

How weird for Anna that she now has to appear in all of these family photos (to show off her belly) without her husband.

How weird for Anna that she now has to appear in all of these family photos (to show off her belly) without her husband.

There was an article somewhere - maybe Pickles or Cancel the Duggars - that was basically "stop hiding Josh, you can't let haters win, we miss you."

I assume he'll be in a token baby picture and that's all.

Though a friend of mine made an interesting point - it might not be the public they're hiding him from. This could sort of be like the Amish and their "shunning". They don't sit with the shunned person. I could totally believe JB being so pissed off at losing the gravy train that he's basically shunning his son and making the rest of the family go along with it.

How weird is it that they say OK now let's get a pic everyone... now let's get a pic to post online...not so fast Joshie... why don't you take this picture.

Actually interesting table turn as there have been heaps of times when she has been kicked out the pic for not being one of the 19.

There was an article somewhere - maybe Pickles or Cancel the Duggars - that was basically "stop hiding Josh, you can't let haters win, we miss you."

I assume he'll be in a token baby picture and that's all.

Though a friend of mine made an interesting point - it might not be the public they're hiding him from. This could sort of be like the Amish and their "shunning". They don't sit with the shunned person. I could totally believe JB being so pissed off at losing the gravy train that he's basically shunning his son and making the rest of the family go along with it.

maybe he was the one taking the pic...

In Derick's defense, I think JB bought him all those goofy shirts so he probably felt like he had to wear them.

I would guess Josh is behind the camera in a lot of the pictures we've seen lately.

In Derick's defense, I think JB bought him all those goofy shirts so he probably felt like he had to wear them.

In JB's defense, I don't see him as a crazy saying t-shirt buying for others kinda guy. Plus, we never saw Josh wearing that kind of shirt.

I can see JB expecting/wanting/hoping more for people to buy him best dad or best granddad t-shirt .

My guess the culprit would be Jill, but I doubt Derick had issue with wearing them.

In JB's defense, I don't see him as a crazy saying t-shirt buying for others kinda guy. Plus, we never saw Josh wearing that kind of shirt.

I can see JB expecting/wanting/hoping more for people to buy him best dad or best granddad t-shirt .

My guess the culprit would be Jill, but I doubt Derick had issue with wearing them.

I thought in the Derick's bday episode, J'Boob specifically made a big deal about buying him a corny shirt and the first time dad toolbox or whatever it was?

I thought in the Derick's bday episode, J'Boob specifically made a big deal about buying him a corny shirt and the first time dad toolbox or whatever it was?

Eh good for ol' JB. Sorry I accused you Jillymuffin!

Archived