IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Lucky 13

happy atheist

Did Jim Bob imagine Ben was going to follow his lead and do the same to Jessa? Did Jim Bob figure that he could step in, grab Jessa, and show Ben how he should be dry humping his daughter?

Yes. If you join the cult look what you can have. Unlimited access to a female body to do whatever you wish and she can't complain! Honestly, for as much as we worry about Ben and talk about him being a creeper who liked Jessa from afar... he seems so far to be less creepy than JB.

Yes too for the Josh-y thing. Pervy male behavior is totally normal to JB. He's built an empire that suits his oddities/creepiness perfectly and we put them on TV and watched!

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's too bad that TLC isn't airing Famy's wedding. It would've been nice to see one Duggar wedding that is normal.

I got my first email from Michelle Duggar! :cracking-up:

It was a c/p of the Dillards' blue-eyed, white baby post. Including a link for donations, should you feel led to make them. :sigh2:

So, how much did you donate?

Yes too for the Josh-y thing. Pervy male behavior is totally normal to JB. He's built an empire that suits his oddities/creepiness perfectly and we put them on TV and watched!

That's one of the things that bothers me most. It's like something hidden in plain sight: he's an opportunist who's built a little world in which women must give in sexually to their men on demand and "keep sweet" about it. Maybe that doesn't lead to marital rape in all cases, if the spouses really love one another, but the potential is always there.

I'm wondering exactly what JB told Josh about husbands' complete control of their wives. From looking at that episode of wife humping and the question "Does it turn you on?" I can only assume that Jim Bob told Josh about sex with the same creepy, sniggering attitude: look at me kiss Mommy? Look, it turns her on! Watch how fun it is to rub up against her butt!

Could this have influenced Josh's apparent belief that he OWNED a little five year old's genitals? That girls ought to be there for hm to play with?

There is no doubt in my mind that all of these men feel a massive sense of entitlement to their women's bodies. Regardless of how she feels. And unfortunately, that isn't just confined to their wife's body - I suspect it includes all the women under their headship. Of course they're not capable of self-analysis (no thinking allowed!) so it's just a vague and pleasant feeling akin to "Everything in this house is mine. I am the MAster. I rule all of this."

I absolutely believe that rape takes place within a huge proportion of their marriages - it's just called something else. And I believe that the sexual abuse of children is probably also commonplace. In Josh's case I suspect it was entitlement, combined with curiosity about what exactly his parents were always doing that was sooooooo great...

Michelle HATED the dry humping on the golf course. Jessa was mortified by it. And credit to Ben, he didn't act like a JimBob leg humper, he looked like he was thinking 'Asshole....". Fingers crossed Ben has some genuine respect for women - his mum seems like a genuine and kind person, and hopefully his parents acted appropriately around him growing up so that will have helped.

It's too bad that TLC isn't airing Famy's wedding. It would've been nice to see one Duggar wedding that is normal.

TLC isn't in the business of normal.

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place. I just googled "Duggar" and saw an article claiming that the Duggars are now marketing a "Duggar Studios" t-shirt. I mentioned this to Mr. Cochise. He said "I sued my brother for molesting me and all I got was this dumb t-shirt."

Happy Birthday Jennifer! So sorry that your sister-mom fled the country, and can't spend your special day with you. Hope your parents remember you today.

New picture on Instagram shows Justin and James playing Apples to Apples - a game that's filled with pop culture reference I can't image any of those kids would understand. I wonder if the cards are filtered.

New picture on Instagram shows Justin and James playing Apples to Apples - a game that's filled with pop culture reference I can't image any of those kids would understand. I wonder if the cards are filtered.

I mean, there's probably a bible version. And tbh, that game would be super easy to make G rated. It's not as if it's cards against humanity.

I mean, there's probably a bible version. And tbh, that game would be super easy to make G rated. It's not as if it's cards against humanity.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

christianbook.com/apples-to-bible-edition-game/9781889055473/pd/05547X?kw=apples%20to%20apples%20bible%20game&mt=b&dv=c&event=PPCSRC&p=1018818&gclid=CjwKEAjw__atBRDfqe-9voylym8SJAAOBeQ_qyJB3y0_0p4Xivy8tcnsjysFKMx3CG_5rrA3KIeC9hoCW_zw_wcB

From what I know, book royalties are only a small fraction of what books sell for. Royalties used to be as much as 15% of the book's selling price, but now royalties are often 8 to 10%, and sometimes less.

So suppose the four J'Slaves' book sells for $20. (I don't know if that's right; just taking a hypothetical.) And suppose their book contract with the publisher specified 10% royalties. That means they make $2 per book. (And when books are being sold off really cheap, the royalties would be even smaller, or in some cases non-existent.)

At $2 a book, the J'Slaves would have to sell 20,000 books in order to make just $2000. Could they sell 200,000, and make $20,000? Possibly. But I doubt they are going to sell more than, say 600,000 copies ($60,000). There just isn't enough of a market for what they are trying to sell.

And let's say they did make $60,000. That amount, divided among the four of them, amounts to $15,000 each. Enough for a very nice holiday, perhaps, for Jill and for Jessa, but not enough to buy long-term freedom for Jinger or Jana.

It is very very hard, and very very rare, to make a lot of money from book publishing. Especially these days.

Your math is way off for some reason. (You took 10 percent of the number of books, not 10 percent of the dollar amount times sales of the books) If they sold 20,000 books, a $2 royalty = $40,000. 200,000 books = $400,000 and 600,000 books is $1.2 M.

Just for the record.

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place. I just googled "Duggar" and saw an article claiming that the Duggars are now marketing a "Duggar Studios" t-shirt. I mentioned this to Mr. Cochise. He said "I sued my brother for molesting me and all I got was this dumb t-shirt."

I love how it says "The contribution you make, when buying these t-shirts, will enable Duggar Studios to produce more quality videos."

Happy 8th Birthday Jenny! I hope she is having a great day and isn't being overshadowed by another sibling. She's seemed so sad. I wish we could free Jennifer!

Regarding the tee shirts, I think it is less about money and more about keeping the Duggar name out there. My guess is that JB sees himself returning to television in some form sometime in 2016. I just don't buy the stories about their needing money. Unless he is one of the stupidest people on the face of the earth, he has had a money manager since he started making the big bucks. Stands to reason that someone who earned as much as he did would have a financial advisor. Jim Bob doesn't want to end up like Mama June, who's only gigs seem to be restaurant openings. No, Jim Bob has big plans for the future and he must keep his core audience with him during the transition to the next step. He may never reach the income level he had with TLC but if we turn the calendar forward a year or two, I bet he will still have his core audience with him and he will be making a sizable chunk of change in some endeavor.

I think Jenny is just not an ecsatic smiler, other people like that too... and good for her .

heres duncan flectcher former cricket player now coach...

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/arc ... 65346b.jpg

thats him ecstatic.

smiling

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/arc ... 65244b.jpg

and neutral

http://st2.cricketcountry.com/wp-conten ... 131559.jpg

http://images.mid-day.com/images/2014/o ... honi-1.jpg

poor guy had to justify that in his autobiography too.

Anyone else watching the Kelly Report Duggar Update tonight?

I watched it this morning and ffw'd thru most of it. It was a rehash of the same crap as the interviews. Maybe Megyn needed a ratings boost.

About the Duggar boys selling t-shirts, from Inquisitr:

inquisitr.com/2300861/duggar-sons-selling-t-shirts-newest-duggar-financial-scheme/

"Apparently, the four Duggar boys behind the YouTube channel and website (John David, Jeremiah, Jason, and Josiah) have gotten the idea that they can’t ask for money for nothing — so they’ve developed a product."

How industrious! :lol:

There is no doubt in my mind that all of these men feel a massive sense of entitlement to their women's bodies. Regardless of how she feels. And unfortunately, that isn't just confined to their wife's body - I suspect it includes all the women under their headship. Of course they're not capable of self-analysis (no thinking allowed!) so it's just a vague and pleasant feeling akin to "Everything in this house is mine. I am the MAster. I rule all of this."

I absolutely believe that rape takes place within a huge proportion of their marriages - it's just called something else. And I believe that the sexual abuse of children is probably also commonplace. In Josh's case I suspect it was entitlement, combined with curiosity about what exactly his parents were always doing that was sooooooo great...

Michelle HATED the dry humping on the golf course. Jessa was mortified by it. And credit to Ben, he didn't act like a JimBob leg humper, he looked like he was thinking 'Asshole....". Fingers crossed Ben has some genuine respect for women - his mum seems like a genuine and kind person, and hopefully his parents acted appropriately around him growing up so that will have helped.

There's another really cruel side to this ownership of women's bodies. My mother got breast cancer just after my younger sister was born. My mother had 3 kids under the age of 5. She was a young woman, had a diagnosis of advanced cancer and had a radical mastectomy (this was in the 1960s). My father was disgusted by her disfigurement. He believed she had deliberately defrauded him and told her so. He had married a very attractive woman, and was furious that he ended up being stuck with an ugly, tainted piece of flotsam.

His big claim to fame was what a fantastic husband he was because kept her despite her repulsive body (divorce was not allowed EVER under any circumstances). Even as a young child I felt sorry for my scared and lonely mother, (and she blanket trained me, so I have always been terrified of her), yet her plight was heartrending even to me as a 4 year old. She sank into a deep depression and got severe paranoid delusions which of course went untreated. Her mutilated body body was so disgusting to him that he could not touch her, which meant no more sex for him, by choice. The only good to come out my father's reaction to his defrauding wife's body was that they never had any more children.

I wouldn't be surprised if one or other of the Duggar girls end up with an eating disorder in order to meet the physical standard of cookie cutter fundie womanhood. Fundie wives are chattel who must be available for sex (or sexual embarrassment in public) at the whim of the headship. Less than perfect physical beauty, wrapped up in modest gift wrapping (sorry, clothing) will not engender bragging rights, no matter how sweetly they smile.

There's another really cruel side to this ownership of women's bodies. My mother got breast cancer just after my younger sister was born. My mother had 3 kids under the age of 5. She was a young woman, had a diagnosis of advanced cancer and had a radical mastectomy (this was in the 1960s). My father was disgusted by her disfigurement. He believed she had deliberately defrauded him and told her so. He had married a very attractive woman, and was furious that he ended up being stuck with an ugly, tainted piece of flotsam.

His big claim to fame was what a fantastic husband he was because kept her despite her repulsive body (divorce was not allowed EVER under any circumstances). Even as a young child I felt sorry for my scared and lonely mother, (and she blanket trained me, so I have always been terrified of her), yet her plight was heartrending even to me as a 4 year old. She sank into a deep depression and got severe paranoid delusions which of course went untreated. Her mutilated body body was so disgusting to him that he could not touch her, which meant no more sex for him, by choice. The only good to come out my father's reaction to his defrauding wife's body was that they never had any more children.

I wouldn't be surprised if one or other of the Duggar girls end up with an eating disorder in order to meet the physical standard of cookie cutter fundie womanhood. Fundie wives are chattel who must be available for sex (or sexual embarrassment in public) at the whim of the headship. Less than perfect physical beauty, wrapped up in modest gift wrapping (sorry, clothing) will not engender bragging rights, no matter how sweetly they smile.

Well, Michelle did have bulimia. And weren't they on weight watchers at one point?

Thanks for sharing that personal story.

I think it show's how these men are so into themselves and the kind of sick, sick, twisted thinking this brings about. Your mother was a survivor of a terrible cancer. The leading cancer to affect women in the US. She was no different as a person and had been lucky to survive this. Instead of thanking God that he still had his wife, it was all about him and his desires.

This is why they only hang out with other 'fundies'. Real men would tear them all a new one and they don't want to hear the truth!

About the Duggar boys selling t-shirts, from Inquisitr:

inquisitr.com/2300861/duggar-sons-selling-t-shirts-newest-duggar-financial-scheme/

"Apparently, the four Duggar boys behind the YouTube channel and website (John David, Jeremiah, Jason, and Josiah) have gotten the idea that they can’t ask for money for nothing — so they’ve developed a product."

How industrious! :lol:

It would be 'industirous' if the boys were actually building something themselves that was theirs.

But, I know Jim Boob has his tentacles :fsm: all over this, just like all the rest of the ventures. These boys are being used and like the TLC monies (abused) as the next financial scheme.

How much money does it take to make a video?

Archived