IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Lucky 13

I think they might get a spin off show if the ratings for the special are good enough. No idea if it will last beyond one season, but I wouldn't be surprised by a show.

I think if they did get the show it will be a lot of staged "learning to parent struggles", possibly the missionary trips if those are still happening, and plenty of cameos by siblings.

I think the only chance the spin off has of surviving beyond one season is if more kids get married and they integrate their new lives into the show.

I agree with you. But I do think, what is so special about learning to parent. Everyone does that. Their challenges are mundane and nothing special even though they think they are. Nobody has jobs so no challenge or excitement there.

Watching them will be as boring as watching paint dry. At least with the Kardashian's, they have nice stuff (I'm told). Are we supposed to watch Jessa spend her gifted [/s grifted ]cards at Target and Walmart, quote bible versus, and take selfies.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ClaraOswin

• justbecause

• MakeItSo

• zadie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

imjustasteph

I keep seeing people question whether the show is real because TLC hasn't posted an announcement. I suppose this link doesn't need broken since it's facebook, but I'll do it just in case they're able to track -- wouldn't want TLC to think FJ is in love with them.

facebook.com/TLC/posts/10156125838220173

That's TLC sharing the news item, and pretty clearly announcing it. Sorry to dash hopes, but it looks like they're serious. The upside is that the comments aren't much in approval.

I agree with you. But I do think, what is so special about learning to parent. Everyone does that. Their challenges are mundane and nothing special even though they think they are. Nobody has jobs so no challenge or excitement there.

Watching them will be as boring as watching paint dry. At least with the Kardashian's, they have nice stuff (I'm told). Are we supposed to watch Jessa spend her gifted [/s grifted ]cards at Target and Walmart, quote bible versus, and take selfies.

I wasn't try to imply it wouldn't be boring hahaha. It def is. But to be fair beyond the weddings 19KAC was still pulling in viewers. It wasn't nearly as many for the wedding/courting episodes but they still had a steady fan base.

The only thing that could make them interesting is if they brought back more of the religious stuff. That will bring Tlc a lot of negative attention but who knows, it might be worth it to them.

WhoompThereItIs
I keep seeing people question whether the show is real because TLC hasn't posted an announcement. I suppose this link doesn't need broken since it's facebook, but I'll do it just in case they're able to track -- wouldn't want TLC to think FJ is in love with them.

facebook.com/TLC/posts/10156125838220173

That's TLC sharing the news item, and pretty clearly announcing it. Sorry to dash hopes, but it looks like they're serious. The upside is that the comments aren't much in approval.

I love that "TLC Customer Support" is trolling the leghumpers :lol:

ShepherdontheRock

So, I don't like Bill Maher half the time, but he recently skewered Joshy boo, along with Kim Davis, Cliven Bundy, George Zimmerman, and Joe the Plumber. So I'll give him some credit where credit is due.

Of course, Joshy boo may be only too happy to be in the company of Kim Davis and George Zimmerman, at the very least.

ETA- Also I read on some clickbait tabloid that JB&JChelle are worried Marjorie is going to narc on them in a blog post about why she needed a break from the spotlight. ooh.