IGNORED

The Duggars' Megyn Kelly Lie-a-Thon Shit Show- Part 2

happy atheist

Before I start, kudos to Buzzard for the recap. You get all of the chocolate/wine/cookies for taking one for the team.

Here's what I heard(read) from the interview, all from JB:

"I'm not a mandatory reporter, so you can't send me to jail for waiting until the SOL ran out to contact the authorities about Josh."

"It was only touching, not like rape or anything, and they don't even remember it, so its nbd for his victims."

"I looked up the definition of 'pedophile' in the dictionary, so J'Chelle is totally not a hypocrite for doing that robocall about transgendered people when our son has actually sexually abused our daughters and we knew about it."

and the most interesting bit...

... as we talked to other parents a lot of families said they had similar things happen in their families.

*record scratch* WHAT!!! :pink-shock:

Is he saying, nay, ADMITTING that this happens a lot in fundie circles! I mean, we all know about Gothard, but an admission from the inside that it is common?! Can someone find a direct quote from the interview on this?

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I posted the recap of the second new bit of JB&M footage and the Jill/Jessa preview. They're on page 4 (in case this gets posted to a new page). I wasn't able to get the first bit, unfortunately.

Awesome. I'll add it over here momentarily.

viewtopic.php?f=87&p=961611#p961611

Don Lemon has Bart Hester on now! The senator that's defending the Duggars and calls for the police chief to be fired.

I'm watching CNN now and fuck Bart Lester. Also not to be cruel, but Katie Beers who is on panel doesn't seem too bright.

Since Buzzard isn't going to be recapping, here's the last new bit of JB&M material we saw tonight. I didn't see the first bit, as I was only aware that they were talking about new stuff after I saw someone say it here.

They're going to preview Jill and Jessa's interview after the break. I'll recap the preview but let Buzzard take over from here tomorrow, obviously. Recapping is hard!

----

All the people in the community knew they sent Josh away. Confided in several close friends, and that's probably how it leaked. Someone was "kind of out to get us". (More agenda bullshit.)

They got the call from the state police; they told the state trooper that they had dealt with it 3 years prior, but they went for the interview. Josh didn't go to the child safety center because he was 18 at the time and wasn't a juvenile. "And the authorities said that all this would be confidential. They told the girls this and, "You just share everything."

Family services supervised. Said "You know, this was a bad situation back in '02, '03 ... but you guys handled it better than most families." A lot of people, according to Jim Bob, said this to them. :angry-banghead:

Josh went to court with the Duggars at this 3 years later time; the judge talked to him about what he had done and that he should never do it again. Jim Bob says they didn't know the statute of limitations was run out.

Sued DHS - in Arkansas, they had records; Josh wanted to make sure they were sealed. J'Megyn: "And it didn't work out so well."

The teaser video as they went to commercial had this from Jim Bob: "I'm not sure how that In Touch magazine knew to contact that particular law firm."

If they handled it better than most families by allowing him to continue molesting his sisters, WTF kind of depravity is lurking down there in Arkansas?

I love when people justify by comparing or contrasting themselves to "most" people. Flail a little more there, JB.

Lurker here! I have SO much to say, but with no energy I will just say this for now... You can tell there is a background in politics here because it seems regardless of what question is actually asked, they make sure they kindly reply with what ever random talking points they were coached to include and to hell with the actual answers. "Is it weird to be called victims?" :::deer in headlights stare::: "no one asked us to do this...." Um, what?! Is this real life?

I wonder.what Michelle had written on that paper in her lap.

PR talking points?

Bart Hester is on CNN now talking about how appropriately JB&M handled this because JB took Josh "straight to the police." This guy is an embarrassment to Republicans and decent people everywhere.

Is Bart Hester IBLP affiliated? He sure is pro Duggar... ugh.

From Wiki, "Hester is a deacon of the First Baptist Church of Bentonville." Isn't this where Jessa & Ben got married?

My thoughts about the older kids and breaking away from the cult:

Yes, they've travelled the world and seen other cultures.

They've been exposed to slang and fashion.

They know other people live differently.

In the meantime, I'll lay odds that EVERY TIME they returned to the compound, they were debriefed on why what they saw was ungodly and why they had to renounce all that.

They have travelled the world; they have seen the opportunities out there.

I give them smarts enough to realize that they are neither educated nor prepared to handle any of the opportunities, from basic apartment living to going to college.

What other choice could they make but to stay with the hand that has fed them all this time? It's safe, and they know what to expect.

Choosing from fear is still choosing.

I couldn't bring myself to watch this during the trainwreck, but picked it up on Youtube (so I could pause it in case waves of nausea overtook me, I guess). :angry-banghead: for most of it, of course, but I loved their unsure, tentative, "yes, I know I'm lying to you" tone. :twisted: Also, JBoob has no eyebrows. (And go away, Megyn. I want Chris Cuomo to nail 'em to the wall.)

You do realize that "serious journalist from Fox News" is an oxymoron. :lol:

But I do like Shep Smith!

I do indeed realise that. I guess that really answers my question. :)

The Christianity Today reporter on CNN right now certainly isn't cutting the Duggars any slack. She makes the compelling point about the difference between forgiveness and consequences for your actions.

My thoughts about the older kids and breaking away from the cult:

Yes, they've travelled the world and seen other cultures.

They've been exposed to slang and fashion.

They know other people live differently.

In the meantime, I'll lay odds that EVERY TIME they returned to the compound, they were debriefed on why what they saw was ungodly and why they had to renounce all that.

They have travelled the world; they have seen the opportunities out there.

I give them smarts enough to realize that they are neither educated nor prepared to handle any of the opportunities, from basic apartment living to going to college.

What other choice could they make but to stay with the hand that has fed them all this time? It's safe, and they know what to expect.

I think this is very true! JB and Michelle have given them such a limited education and experience in the real world that it would be very difficult to get a job and support themselves. Furthermore, they likely have had NO meaningful interactions with people not pre-approved by their parents (i.e. Kool Aid drinkers).

And I think the Faith Pennington situation has shown us just how difficult it is for someone who actually DOES leave (check her out on the snark forum). She was fortunate enough to have the support of her grandmother and ran away from her crazy parents but is unable to obtain a driver's license, a job, go to college because she has no documentation of being a US citizen. She's literally going to court to get her parents to turn over the necessary documentation. There are lots of little bureaucratic things that I think the majority of us take for granted that would be a nightmare for a Duggar to navigate since there parents have sheltered them and likely still hold the necessary paperwork.

Just saying that someone who wanted to run away may be scared about basic survival in the real world and would likely need to have someone close to them to support and assist them. I'm not sure that they have this. But Jessa and Jill do, though perhaps they have not had enough time considering it hasn't been a full year since either of them was married.

Bart Hester is on CNN now talking about how appropriately JB&M handled this because JB took Josh "straight to the police." This guy is an embarrassment to Republicans and decent people everywhere.

95% of the politicians whether reps or dems that come from Arkansas are an embarrassment to not only their party and politics in general but also the human race. Might even be near 100% as I can't think of a good one off the top of my head.

From Wiki, "Hester is a deacon of the First Baptist Church of Bentonville." Isn't this where Jessa & Ben got married?

Also did you hear how Bart Hester demeaned Sunny Hostin by calling her "You, Lady!" and "I don't even know your name." What a sexist pig... and he is the Arkansas Senator?!

I would seriously like to know what explanation the girls were given for Josh's abuse. Were they told he was being bad because all boys are bad? Because if so that must have poisoned their feelings for all of their brothers. Were they told that Josh abused them because he was aroused by their actions/dress/appearance? Because if so that must have really changed how they felt about themselves and they must have been second-guessing everything they wore and everything they did. Were they told that Josh did these bad things because he was possessed by Satan? If so, they must have been terrified that Satan could possess anyone in their family at any time. Were they never given any explanation for his behavior? They must have secretly wondered and been confused as to what had brought this action on and why it had happened to them.

There is so much we don't know that I feel like we have only been told the bare minimum-- and even that was served up with a big huge helping of lies and bull shit. I hold out a tiny, tiny hope that the show will be canceled and the ultimate money drought will cause someone-- Josh, Anna, Jana, JD, anyone at all-- to write a tell all. Now more than ever that would be a hot, hot book and the writer would be well paid. I really believe Josh could redeem himself if he told the complete, unvarnished truth and made himself available for interviews. And if he sold ma and pa down the river for a few bucks....well that would be sweet revenge.

I couldn't bring myself to watch this during the trainwreck, but picked it up on Youtube (so I could pause it in case waves of nausea overtook me, I guess). :angry-banghead: for most of it, of course, but I loved their unsure, tentative, "yes, I know I'm lying to you" tone. :twisted: Also, JBoob has no eyebrows. (And go away, Megyn. I want Chris Cuomo to nail 'em to the wall.)

Chris Cuomo is a bigger moron than Megyn.

Judge Napolitano or Judge Judy. Lol that is who we need.

Bart Hester got ripped a new one and was even told he should be ashamed of himself. Thanks for that panel Don Lemon!

Also did you hear how Bart Hester demeaned Sunny by calling her "You, Lady!" and "I don't even know your name." What a sexist pig... and he is the Arkansas Senator?!

That part totally pissed me off.

CNN commentator: "Classic" grooming by the perp and minimizing by his defenders by talking about "touching over clothing" and "touching under clothing... BUT only for a few seconds!" That was JB last night, and it squicked me out listening. Most fathers would have had to resist the urge to tear their son limb from limb upon hearing he had done that to his daughters. But... this is Jim Bob and dear Joshua.

I think this is very true! JB and Michelle have given them such a limited education and experience in the real world that it would be very difficult to get a job and support themselves. Furthermore, they likely have had NO meaningful interactions with people not pre-approved by their parents (i.e. Kool Aid drinkers).

And I think the Faith Pennington situation has shown us just how difficult it is for someone who actually DOES leave (check her out on the snark forum). She was fortunate enough to have the support of her grandmother and ran away from her crazy parents but is unable to obtain a driver's license, a job, go to college because she has no documentation of being a US citizen. She's literally going to court to get her parents to turn over the necessary documentation. There are lots of little bureaucratic things that I think the majority of us take for granted that would be a nightmare for a Duggar to navigate since there parents have sheltered them and likely still hold the necessary paperwork.

Just saying that someone who wanted to run away may be scared about basic survival in the real world and would likely need to have someone close to them to support and assist them. I'm not sure that they have this. But Jessa and Jill do, though perhaps they have not had enough time considering it hasn't been a full year since either of them was married.

All of thesd kids above the age of fifteen realize they can call anyone from TLC, Oprah or the Today Show and have instant "help". They weren't even that insulated from the outside world back before they were famous but they are even less so now.

You can hear it in their speech and see it on their person.

A lot of this suits their purposes.

And what kid isn't scared to move out on their own?

Archived