IGNORED

The Duggars' Megyn Kelly Lie-a-Thon Shit Show- Part 2

happy atheist

I don't understand what Megyn wants.

I am sorry if you are victim of a crime but you can't protect the alleged perpetrator simply because releasing his record might MIGHT ID the victim.

And Megyn this wasn't sealed because it was an incident or offence report. It wasn't an actual juvenile arrest record. Sometimes laws aren't wrapped up with pretty bows.

Megyn you should work to tighten up the FOIA if you don't agree and libertarians like me will work to stop you stopping me from accessing public freaking records that used my freaking tax money to investigate.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really want to know if this judge ordering the records destroyed thing that they discussed is just the procedural thing we already knew about.

Preview of the Jessa and Jill interview coming up after the commercial break. Megyn asked them if it feels strange calling themselves "victims."

Since Buzzard isn't going to be recapping, here's the last new bit of JB&M material we saw tonight. I didn't see the first bit, as I was only aware that they were talking about new stuff after I saw someone say it here.

They're going to preview Jill and Jessa's interview after the break. I'll recap the preview but let Buzzard take over from here tomorrow, obviously. Recapping is hard!

----

All the people in the community knew they sent Josh away. Confided in several close friends, and that's probably how it leaked. Someone was "kind of out to get us". (More agenda bullshit.)

They got the call from the state police; they told the state trooper that they had dealt with it 3 years prior, but they went for the interview. Josh didn't go to the child safety center because he was 18 at the time and wasn't a juvenile. "And the authorities said that all this would be confidential. They told the girls this and, "You just share everything."

Family services supervised. Said "You know, this was a bad situation back in '02, '03 ... but you guys handled it better than most families." A lot of people, according to Jim Bob, said this to them. :angry-banghead:

Josh went to court with the Duggars at this 3 years later time; the judge talked to him about what he had done and that he should never do it again. Jim Bob says they didn't know the statute of limitations was run out.

Sued DHS - in Arkansas, they had records; Josh wanted to make sure they were sealed. J'Megyn: "And it didn't work out so well."

The teaser video as they went to commercial had this from Jim Bob: "I'm not sure how that In Touch magazine knew to contact that particular law firm."

I don't watch Faux News for reasons that are probably obvious, but is this woman supposed to be a serious journalist? She seems more like a morning show softball (not that I have watched any of those in years either) than a serious take no prisoners journalist.

You do realize that "serious journalist from Fox News" is an oxymoron. :lol:

But I do like Shep Smith!

"Nobody asked us to do this." That was pretty much the least convincing thing that Jill has ever uttered.

Jill/Jessa preview:

J'Megyn: You are going on the record as two of Josh's victims. Does it feel strange to say that word?

Jill: You know, I think, we didn't choose to come out and tell our story. This wouldn't have been our first choice. But now that this story has been brought about, we really feel like, as we've been seeing these headlines, as we've been seeing things that people are saying about our family, we feel like, as victims, we have to come out and speak. This is something, like, we chose to do this. Nobody asked us to do this. Jessa and I were talking, and we were like, "Oh my goodness. Most of the stuff out there is lies. It's not true. And so, for truth's sake, we wanted to come out and set the record straight.

Jessa is doing that thing Michelle does. She's staring adoringly at Jill as she talks. It's fucking creepy.

And that was it for the preview.

Legal argument summary:

Megyn had two lawyers on. One argued the angle Buzzard brought up--they had to release the report because Josh wasn't ever charged so it wasn't ever sealed. The other argued that maybe that was true, but another statute says "a law enforcement agency shall not disclose to the public information directly or indirectly identifying the victim of a sex crime..."

Megyn conceded that the issue was not as clear cut as she'd originally thought, but still did not think it was right that this report indirectly identified the victims.

She keeps saying the judge ordered the report destroyed because it was illegally released, ignoring the fact that it was destroyed because a victim came forward specifically requesting it.

Kelly sounds positively gleeful as she recaps last night's firestorm.

Michelle blabbering on and on how God will forgive Josh as long as he asks for it.

I love how Jim Bob insists that every single person in the family has completely forgiven Josh, and no one is mad at Josh. We are Borg, and we are many.

These two jerks are working in a lot more scripture with their answers. No wonder Megyn Kelly slashed this from last night's show.

No, Michelle, people are not slanderous and cruel to the victims. They are slanderous and cruel to you and Jim Bob, who facilitated the victimization of Josh and your daughters.

Nothing here about the girls' issues addressed, except for letting their brother off the hook, still all about Joshie.

This looks like it's going to be way more filler than I originally thought.

So basically, Kelly said that tonight's episode was going to be about what the Duggars daughter think of this, but instead she's whining about how everyone is criticizing her for not giving a tougher interview. Mmm-kay.

Kelly's flustered and says we should be outraged that the media and public is “Dining on the carcass of their [Duggar daughters] dead privacy rights?†WTF?

Stop with the sloppy slavish look at JB, Michelle.

More forgivness doublespeak from JB.

Heh, Kelly looks annoyed that guest speaker Travis Zimmerman congratulated her on getting the Duggar interview.

So what if gay marriage is a Biblical belief for the Duggars, Kelly? Doesn't mean that they should get to prevent gay people from marrying.

NO, Kelly, you idiot, the Family Research Council (where Josh worked) was officially classified as a hate group. It is not “a matter of opinion.†This is not a spin invention, except on your part.

Zimmerman refutes the idea that the Duggars are wholesome. You tell 'em, Zimmerman. Give up, Kelly, the Duggars are ignorant and preach hate. Zimmerman and the rest of the country have caught wise, even if you haven't.

It's not about left or right politics, people on both sides want the Duggars off the air because they are filthy hypocrites who exploit their children for money, hate people who don't believe the same as they do, and cover up for child molesters. She's actually saying liberals want the family brought down.

This baptist preacher seems cool at first, saying that Josh should be forgiven but that he is in need of earthly consequences as well...

...and then he lost me. He says the left is out to get Josh, and that politicians who vilify Josh are full of crap and shouldn't do it because they have affairs. What does that have to do with molesting young girls against their will? Now he's saying we should forgive the inexcusable because others would forgive it in us. Yeah. Uh-huh.

I type while this interview is on because it keeps me from throwing stuff at my TV screen.

I don't believe anyone ever told Jim Bob that he and Michelle handled Josh's situation better than most families, full stop.

So JB brought Josh before a judge to confess everything, and the judge let it all go after giving Josh a stern lecture. When did this happen? :evil-eye:

Jim Bob thinks he's faaaaaaar more legally savvy than he actually is.

So there's dissension in the ranks about whether or not the release of the record was legal. Fight ensues, between her guests, break out the popcorn. Kelly, of course, is still arguing that it was illegal.

The identities of the victims were redacted, Kelly. How does the release of this report indirectly or directly identify them, as you claim it does?

I bet Buzzard's got a splitting headache trying to make sense of this crap, I know I'm getting one. There's three people here fighting about this and it's hard to make heads or tails of any of it.

I hate you, Megyn Kelly. You lied, we aren't seeing what Jessa and Jill say tonight at all. Except where Jill says they were forced to come out and tell their side of things, which is more of a foregone conclusion than hardhitting journalism.

Is Buzzard watching this? I typed up a recap of the new footage that they just shared. If people need it/want it, I could post. I won't if Buzzard is already on this, though. I don't think any of us expected them to show new footage tonight.

If Buzzard hasn't written one, I'd be happy to use yours and do a truth analysis on that too...

I don't understand what Megyn wants.

I am sorry if you are victim of a crime but you can't protect the alleged perpetrator simply because releasing his record might MIGHT ID the victim.

And Megyn this wasn't sealed because it was an incident or offence report. It wasn't an actual juvenile arrest record. Sometimes laws aren't wrapped up with pretty bows.

Megyn you should work to tighten up the FOIA if you don't agree and libertarians like me will work to stop you stopping me from accessing public freaking records that used my freaking tax money to investigate.

Isn't Megyn Kelly a lawyer? Its not like she doesn't understand the concept of "laws" and "legality". I think they were lazy - they had their agenda and went with the ebil librul left never should have released the report without checking to see if it was, you know, actually illegal. Haven't seen the clips but I'm betting her anger is to save face. And I'm guessing that her initial siding with the Duggars had a lot to do with her co-worker Huckabee but it seems like even he can't defend them anymore and knows when to jump from a sinking ship.

@Alyciabaleesha

The point is this family is totally exposed. They are not locked away. They are not unlike other children. Not in the last 5-7 years anyhow.

Just look at how media savvy they are. How they travel. They know. They are not so indoctrinated they can't get on a plane, send a tweet, start a facebook page, have sex, marry, etc...

They just aren't.

Sure they had a terribly stupid religious upbringing but they aren't braindead. They know they have options and they know we know they have options.

I really want to know if this judge ordering the records destroyed thing that they discussed is just the procedural thing we already knew about.

I am not a lawyer, or a Degreed Law Professional ™, but the judge's name matches, so I'm thinking yes.

I posted the recap of the second new bit of JB&M footage and the Jill/Jessa preview. They're on page 4 (in case this gets posted to a new page). I wasn't able to get the first bit, unfortunately.

Lurker here! I have SO much to say, but with no energy I will just say this for now... You can tell there is a background in politics here because it seems regardless of what question is actually asked, they make sure they kindly reply with what ever random talking points they were coached to include and to hell with the actual answers. "Is it weird to be called victims?" :::deer in headlights stare::: "no one asked us to do this...." Um, what?! Is this real life?

post-13030-14452000387028_thumb.jpg

My thoughts about the older kids and breaking away from the cult:

Yes, they've travelled the world and seen other cultures.

They've been exposed to slang and fashion.

They know other people live differently.

In the meantime, I'll lay odds that EVERY TIME they returned to the compound, they were debriefed on why what they saw was ungodly and why they had to renounce all that.

They have travelled the world; they have seen the opportunities out there.

I give them smarts enough to realize that they are neither educated nor prepared to handle any of the opportunities, from basic apartment living to going to college.

What other choice could they make but to stay with the hand that has fed them all this time? It's safe, and they know what to expect.

Megyn gave the number for the national child abuse hotline (1-800-4-A-CHILD) and urged anyone who is a victim or knows of abuse to call and get help or report their suspicions. If anything good comes out of all this, awareness of how widespread CSA is, victims/survivors getting help, and abusers being prevented from harming anyone else will be the most important.

CNN's Don Lemon is on again talking about the Duggars

Someone is pointing out that the legal debate is missing the real issue of girls being victimized in their own home and the parents doing nothing. BOOM.

She also thinks that the actions seems like the grooming behavior of someone predatory. That he started with sleeping girls over the clothes and then moved on to touch under the clothes when the girls were awake.

Sensing that

1 Sheriff/Police Chief is going to be in hot water maybe losing her pension, and

2 The five victims will receive a large $ettlement from county/state.

Legal argument summary:

Megyn had two lawyers on. One argued the angle Buzzard brought up--they had to release the report because Josh wasn't ever charged so it wasn't ever sealed. The other argued that maybe that was true, but another statute says "a law enforcement agency shall not disclose to the public information directly or indirectly identifying the victim of a sex crime..."

Megyn conceded that the issue was not as clear cut as she'd originally thought, but still did not think it was right that this report indirectly identified the victims.

She keeps saying the judge ordered the report destroyed because it was illegally released, ignoring the fact that it was destroyed because a victim came forward specifically requesting it.

Is it a sex crime if no charges are ever filed? Buzzard, I trust your legal opinion!

I mean there is a case to be made that the law should potentially be changed to protect minors making reports of sex crimes - but that's a completely different issue. Seems like the law was followed even if it very well may be a shitty law.I mean, they did redact the information but it still seemed like there was plenty of information that identified the victims. In the health care industry, when you are de-identifying a report you take out age, address, and a whole bunch of other stuff for HIPAA that I'm surprised isn't standard for de-identifying police reports.

Archived