IGNORED

The Duggars' Megyn Kelly Lie-a-Thon Shit Show- Part 2

happy atheist

Megyn is asking this pastor harder questions than she asked the Duggars, and her follow-up is 100% better than last night.

I wonder if that was part of the agreement for doing the interview...giving softball questions that the Duggars could be coached to answer. Or deflect. If I had been playing the drinking game last night---didn't due to illness--I would have been so drunk it would not be funny. With the pastor or anyone else...no such agreement. It will be interesting to see how the interview with the girls play out. I actually think that it worked against them last night but what do I know...from the recaps I read they come off like idiots

Did anyone who watched the interview get a list of sponsors (ads?) it would interesting to see what those were.

ETA: coached to answer or deflect... Cause we all know the truth does not come out of their mouths!

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Buzzard watching this? I typed up a recap of the new footage that they just shared. If people need it/want it, I could post. I won't if Buzzard is already on this, though. I don't think any of us expected them to show new footage tonight.

The lies. THE LIESSSS.

How much do you want to bet it was some random secretary or some shit who worked for DHS that said that?

They just showed a clip that said after the other kids and jb and Michelle went to the children's safety center that Josh went to court with his parents and the judge gave him another 'stern talking to.' I want that judges name, jb totally looked like he was lying with how slowly he spoke.

Jim Bob is saying that the 2007 case with DHS was Josh suing to seal everything...If that is true, as I wondered in another thread, that's not great.

But I think it says more about issues with FOIA and the organization of reports than it does about evil agendas.

I've been lurking on FJ for YEARS, and this interview was the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm finally posting because I'm so infuriated.

These people lie all the time, but they are lying in the most blatant manner I've ever seen. The police report makes it clear that J-Boob was made aware of this entire situation because one of his daughters approached him after awakening to her pervy brother feeling her up. And then, he goes on national television claiming that he was first approached by JOSH with a voluntary confession. Who do they think they're fooling?! SERIOUSLY?!

I highly doubt that any of the victims were oblivious to the gravity of what happened to them. Even at the age of three, when my pediatrician had to examine my genital region (I don't know why, probably just to make sure I was developing properly or something) I knew that having anyone touch me there was severely uncomfortable and wrong. My mom had to reassure me that it was okay because he was a doctor, and I still freaked out. If JB and DQ observed any behavior from their daughters that resembled oblivion, the poor girls were probably in shock, maybe unable to fully absorb the experience, and didn't know how to react.

But what sickens me the most, is that after this entire experience and its recent exposure to the public, these people still place no value on their daughters aside from the media attention they garner (and their ability to rear their siblings and pop out babies, of course, but that's besides my point). If I were in the victim/survivors' shoes right now, I doubt I would have the composure to talk to anyone but those closest to me, let alone go on national television. As a survivor*, anyone's reaction to my experience is very emotionally wrenching, whether it be support or judgment. These girls' deepest, darkest secret has been exposed to the world and analyzed under an electron microscope by nearly every media outlet out there. I can't even imagine. If Jill and Jessa genuinely wanted to do this interview, then they have incredible courage, but I don't think they jumped up and volunteered for it. In JB and DQ's eyes, the tears will open the mass's eyes to the ebil media and show what victims the entire family are. They are again forgoing the wellfare of their daughters to protect Joshie's ass. HE should be sitting down for that interview. Not them. :angry-banghead:

*For the record, my assault had nothing to do with the pediatrician story, it happened much later in life.

How can we bring it to be a human rights issue? Left and right we agree children should not be sexually abused. Wasn't too long Ago Jim Bob wanted the death penalty for rapists and pedophiles. Someone please ask him why his sons treatment is an apology and construction?

Jim Bob made sure last night to say that Josh was not a pedophile. He was 14/15 when it happened, and to be classified as a pedophile, you legally have to be 16. As someone on FJ said last night (can't remember who; sorry!) said, they'd only be SOL if he was just a year older.

Is Buzzard watching this? I typed up a recap of the new footage that they just shared. If people need it/want it, I could post. I won't if Buzzard is already on this, though. I don't think any of us expected them to show new footage tonight.
It took me 10 minutes to find Fox News on my channel guide last night and now I feel dirty having it pop up as a choice when I hit the 'last' button. Thanks for watching it. I'd love to see your recap!

Whoa whoa whoa, they're claiming this judge said the records shouldn't have been released and ordered them destroyed, but was that just the totally legit request by the minor victim that was granted? Or is this a separate aspect of this?

Jim Bob

Oh my God..... What a lying asshole he is. He'll say anything to save the brand.

So, Jim Bob is claiming on Kelly right now that DHS told him because josh turned himself in three years earlier that qualified the SOL.

But Hignite didn't actually say that. And did the DA say that?

And how is an undocumented case actually the time starter?

There are too many legal loopholes rolling around here with agencies making legam choices they don't actually have jurisdiction over.

And is their some sort of documentation of the discussion with Hutchens?

They're analyzing the code and going back and forth on what it means. I hope someone who understands it better can summarize this.

How much do you want to bet it was some random secretary or some shit who worked for DHS that said that?

Mail clerk who ran into him at the water cooler.

No, it isn't all of a sudden. That is what I am saying. They have had a decade of being paraded around and seeing the outside world. Unless they are totally mentally deficient they know they have options and that they don't have to agree with daddy.

They now choose to stay. I feel sorry for their childhood and blame jb and.m for that but at a certain point unless.they were locked in the house ,which they were not, they now are responsible for how they choose to live and start a new family.

That is just how every adult is. We all grew up under certain ideas and with indoctrination and most of us grow up and think for ourselves and are even expected to.

Heck even this family expects adults to conform to their way no matter how they grew up.

No, we didn't all grow up in the same kind of environment as the Duggar kids. Not even close.

We all have things to overcome, but don't use the word "indoctrinated" to describe what a "typical" family does to a kid that goes to public school, works outside the house, has friends from different backgrounds, etc - it's not the same thing at all. You can't compare a child who is exposed every single day to different ideas, thought processes, religions, and socioeconomic statuses to children who were homeschooled by their siblings, have their data use monitored, are grown up being told that they have very specific purposes in life, and are taught that anyone outside of the immediate family is essentially "evil." It's not the same situation at all.

I get that you believe the kids are worldly. I don't. I don't think using Instagram and a few slang words means anything other than their parents approved a couple photos and comments to be posted. I also don't think that any of them would believe, for even a second, that anyone with an opposing point of view has a point. Everything in their environment tells them that that's not the case. Their beliefs are constantly reinforced as being the right way to live, and they're receiving both internal as well as external confirmation that they're doing the right thing. There are all sorts of accounts from people who grew up in similar circumstances as the Duggars all over the web, and the atmosphere they describe is stifling. The common trend seems to be that they got out thanks to some sort of catalyst in their adult years, and there were people commenting on one of the Josh Duggar, Child Molester threads describing how hard it was to recognize the fucked up beliefs their parents had instilled in them as what they were, even after they'd been out of the lifestyle for decades.

It's not an easy transition, going against a lifetime of indoctrination - and while I'd wager (and have stated this on the forum) the little ones are way less indoctrinated and more worldly than the older children, I think people might be ignoring how long the oldest children lived in the kind of isolated environment that taught them they were at fault for their brother's sexual abuse. They were in their mid to late teens when the show started, and it took awhile for them to appear even a little relatable to today's audience... and we all saw how "open" to other cultures and belief systems they were when they traveled.

Again, I understand what you're saying. I just disagree. I think the older girls are pretty heavily indoctrinated, and if you think that I'm not giving them enough credit with regard to their "worldliness", I think you're giving them way too much.

Megyn fighting with Arthur is how I wanted her to tear into JB&M. Of course it wouldn't have happened.

If Josh wasn't charged so not a criminal in the eyes of the law does that mean the girls weren't victims in the eyes of the law, is that how they got away with the release? Pretty shitty if that's their loophole. And wow megyn is flipping out now!

Megyn is right that the victims identities never should have been released, even those their names were redacted. The files should have been released, but they also should have been redacted properly.

I've been lurking on FJ for YEARS, and this interview was the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm finally posting because I'm so infuriated.

These people lie all the time, but they are lying in the most blatant manner I've ever seen. The police report makes it clear that J-Boob was made aware of this entire situation because one of his daughters approached him after awakening to her pervy brother feeling her up. And then, he goes on national television claiming that he was first approached by JOSH with a voluntary confession. Who do they think they're fooling?! SERIOUSLY?!

Yes, this! We've seen the police report.

She is in fact watching, but not in a position to recap, so if you would like to, have at. No one realised that new stuff would be going down tonight.

Megyn is screaming at Arthur... giving him Satan eyes and the whole fight. She totally lost her cool.

I don't know jack shit about the law. I think that it was legally released but the laws about victims rights make it seem like it was done so illegally.

"You may not directly or indirectly identify the victims of a sex crime." However, the law also says that if Josh wasn't detained, arrested, or charged, then they can release it. So it's just... confusing.

Archived