IGNORED

The Duggars' Megyn Kelly Lie-a-Thon Shit Show- Part 2

happy atheist

I don't blame them as children but I blame them as adults who have had more exposure than you are giving them credit.for.

They use slang even on the tv show. jill calls derrick Babe. This is not.cult speak. They have you fooled.into thinking they are these niave little warped.childwomen.

Sorry but they aren't.

Married at the ages of 22/24 your supposed brainwashing starts to become a convenient cruch when you clearly are more wordly than you let on.

Yeah, we just don't agree, and that's fine. I don't think it's "supposed" brain washing - I think that they were brought up in a cult-like atmosphere and have been heavily indoctrinated since birth. From blanket training all the way up to reinforcing that the girls' only purpose is to be a good wife and have a lot of children - that's all indoctrination. Of course they're married and having children - they were taught that that's their entire fucking purpose in life. It doesn't indicate that they are, in any way, mature enough for the responsibility.

I'm not saying that I agree with any of the bullshit they spew. I'm just saying that you can't say that they're brainwashed until a certain point, and then decide that they suddenly should see the light. That's not how it works. And I get that you're calling into question the entire idea that they've been indoctrinated or brainwashed, so that observation is only marginally directed at you. If you just think that they didn't experience any of the above, that's entirely your prerogative, and I'm not trying to invalidate your opinion. I'm more directing my response to people who have said that the girls are "brainwashed" but are also finding them at fault for not leaving the family and their belief system behind.

That's not how it works. You don't suddenly overcome an entire lifetime of indoctrination when you have a kid.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why take a witness to the AR State police station (which btw in 2003 was the troop L trailer off the side of I-540. IT WASN'T HQ for anything but Troop L- it wasn't even a real station). But if you planned to turn your son in you don't take a witness to it just so the parents can prove josh told everything. That entire story makes no logical sense to me even in duggarville.

And i love how Mich complains people are slandering them by making up lies about them and twisting things. Oh you mean sort of like how you, Michelle, make up stuff about gays and transgenders being pedophiles and molesters?

Hypocritical Liars.

And they aren't even smart enough to do it well.

Cheeses, get your lies straight. It infuriates me when people can't lie well but insist on still lying.

I really wonder about the whole police thing. And by wonder, I mean I don't believe it. JB said he researched and found the juvi system lacking in rehabbing young pedo's. So he wants Joshie not to go there, but have effective treatment on a construction site. OK. So now that Josh has rec'd said treatment and is no longer a threat to sleeping children, JB is now willing to throw the dice and just walk into the local precinct and have his son confess to his criminal activities?

No lawyer? Just a witness?

Then lucky lucky he got a guy who was an acquaintance who gave Josh a stern talking. Then Josh, JB, and witness leave without knowing what would happen next? The cop didn't give JB the winkity wink and whisper to him, I hope this lecture sorts it out for you? JB didn't ask OK what's going to happen?

JB left the police station with his scared kid saying, gee son, I know this guy just probably scared the shit out of you, who knows what's gonna happen next to you in the legal system. Maybe the cops will come for you... who knows. And JB and Meechelle said for months they didn't know if anything was going to come of Joshie's confession to the cop... really??

The person Megyn is talking to right now is a democrat. I'm surprised this conversation is going as well as it is. He's keeping his cool and she's not attacking him.

You're welcome! It's been made into an excellent documentary that was shown on HBO but might be available elsewhere now. I'd still recommend the book first. It's fascinating to read what people who were in deeply, including high ranking church members, say about how it was inside the church and the price people were willing to pay (financially and otherwise) to be a part of it all. There are obvious differences, of course, but many similarities. Abuse is rife.

I just wanted to add that having said that about the kids, there is absolutely no excuse for the parents. NONE. They're despicable people to continue having children and indoctrinating them into this sick, sick life of isolation, repression, shame and endless exploitation.

I agree completely. The parents had normal lives, and still dragged their children into this bullshit. They're disgusting.

I really like this Zimmerman guy. He's kind of bullshitting Megyn by saying she "held them" to answers but he's right about calling FRC a hate group and saying they can't impose their beliefs on everyone else.

Sassy posted something interesting about the dates and the dates of the last five children were born

was Michelle pregnant during the times he did molested the girls?

Hi! Long time lurker, first time poster. I have been sick for a few days and settled in with FJ yesterday during the interview watching buzzards recaps and discussion. Tried to watch on YouTube after but omg...I can't even...

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

This is a situation where nobody really wins. I was talking to my mom about it and had to explain to her that it was a report not a record--and that it was legal, albeit probably unethical since the victims were minor. I even see Josh as a victim...tried to get help but his parents, who are the real crazies gave him only the "help" that would save face for them. :wtf:

Reading the recaps, I don't know how anyone with common sense would say, oh yeah, God forgave Josh, all is good now! I don't think(as it has been said here) that they grasp the seriousness of this. It's much more than a mistake...its a pattern. God alone will judge at the end, but what they don't understand is, forgiven or no--there are still earthly consequences for behavior that Josh has displayed.

Admittedly, I'm a Christian,as well as a Fox News watcher, but I've never liked Megyn. Now if O'Reilly or shep smith did the interview, we'd probably get meatier questions. Much more pleased with what I term "the ebil liberal media response" and that's pretty much a first for me. I want them to fade into obscurity but think the Duggars will fight that tooth and nail. TLC had gone downhill a lot, which disappoints me.

Sorry for the long winded reply...just my thoughts.

"Why are people on the left so quick to hate this family" .. it's not a left right thing! I'm not a democrat and I still find this family repulsive. I know plenty of die hard republicans who can't stand them. This has absolutely nothing to do with the left hating the right. UGH :angry-banghead:

They're going to talk about what the judge has to say. I don't know which judge - the one who ordered for the files to be destroyed, perhaps? Or another judge related to the case? I don't know.

She's also planning on talking about why people "on the left" love to hate the Duggars. Oh boy. Here comes the eye rolling again.

Megyn is talking about the criticism about last night's interview -- my mom is watching it -- and I'm nauseated. I'm doubtful my mom's still a Duggar fan after this shitstorm, but she seems to be swallowing the whole "the liberal media have it out for JB&M!" spin. Even after I pointed out the report was obtained legally, JB&M deflecting the hard questions, et al.

:angry-banghead:

Bruce Feiler, a religious author, just called the Duggars approach bordering on revolting.

Holy Moly. They have fooled no one.

I saw a guy from Variety...maybe the TV critic...on Access Hollywood. I'm going to paraphrase here.... He said that what happens depends on what they want. If they want the show to continue then they'll keep doing interviews. If they want to heal they'll stop talking and walk away from the show. I liked that.

They filmed the kids while they were there. Some boys and I think Jordyn are sitting around the table with Ben, playing a board game and eating. They're calling it "Kelly File Exclusive".

Megyn is asking this pastor harder questions than she asked the Duggars, and her follow-up is 100% better than last night.

OMG that guy is worse than JB. There is absolutely nothing in my past that is anywhere near as bad as molesting a 5 year old child!! AHHH :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Apparently they're going to be showing more unaired footage after the next set of commercials.

How did Joshie get money to pay for therapy?

And if the girls didn't remember anything then why did Jessa and Jill said what their brother did was wrong and he did molest then but now saying it's a lie. So by JB logic if a 2 yo is molested then it's not really molestation because he/she won't remember it. Or if a woman is drugged and rape it's not rape because she won't remember it. Or if a person if a disability is molested or rape then it's not really rape or molestation. Duggar logic.

And I don't feel bad for this family or Jessa and Jill. I feel bad that the girls were abused by their parents and brother. But I don't feel bad that now they must gasp, go back to real life. Which means no more trips, free gifts and people spreads. JB raise your own damn kids stop looking for a free handout. This is your punishment JimChelle for hiding abuse and thinking you're above everyone else

I don't watch Faux News for reasons that are probably obvious, but is this woman supposed to be a serious journalist? She seems more like a morning show softball (not that I have watched any of those in years either) than a serious take no prisoners journalist.

Yeah, we just don't agree, and that's fine. I don't think it's "supposed" brain washing - I think that they were brought up in a cult-like atmosphere and have been heavily indoctrinated since birth. From blanket training all the way up to reinforcing that the girls' only purpose is to be a good wife and have a lot of children - that's all indoctrination. Of course they're married and having children - they were taught that that's their entire fucking purpose in life. It doesn't indicate that they are, in any way, mature enough for the responsibility.

I'm not saying that I agree with any of the bullshit they spew. I'm just saying that you can't say that they're brainwashed until a certain point, and then decide that they suddenly should see the light. That's not how it works. And I get that you're calling into question the entire idea that they've been indoctrinated or brainwashed, so that observation is only marginally directed at you. If you just think that they didn't experience any of the above, that's entirely your prerogative, and I'm not trying to invalidate your opinion. I'm more directing my response to people who have said that the girls are "brainwashed" but are also finding them at fault for not leaving the family and their belief system behind.

That's not how it works. You don't suddenly overcome an entire lifetime of indoctrination when you have a kid.

No, it isn't all of a sudden. That is what I am saying. They have had a decade of being paraded around and seeing the outside world. Unless they are totally mentally deficient they know they have options and that they don't have to agree with daddy.

They now choose to stay. I feel sorry for their childhood and blame jb and.m for that but at a certain point unless.they were locked in the house ,which they were not, they now are responsible for how they choose to live and start a new family.

That is just how every adult is. We all grew up under certain ideas and with indoctrination and most of us grow up and think for ourselves and are even expected to.

Heck even this family expects adults to conform to their way no matter how they grew up.

I don't watch Faux News for reasons that are probably obvious, but is this woman supposed to be a serious journalist? She seems more like a morning show softball (not that I have watched any of those in years either) than a serious take no prisoners journalist.

I think she's supposed to be a serious journalist. You wouldn't know that based off how she interviewed the Duggars last night, of course.

Oh wow, she's covering In Touch magazine's refutation of their claims. Even if she defends the family that's exposure to potentially more skeptical people.

How can we bring it to be a human rights issue? Left and right we agree children should not be sexually abused. Wasn't too long Ago Jim Bob wanted the death penalty for rapists and pedophiles. Someone please ask him why his sons treatment is an apology and construction?

DHS said they handled it better than most families ????

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah right. That's such shit. And that the judge "spoke to him sternly"?? Give me a fucking break.

Archived