IGNORED

The Duggars' Megyn Kelly Lie-a-Thon Shit Show- Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to suggest Jim Bob saying "has ran" be added to the list of words/phrases for the next drinking game. :angry-banghead:

@Alyciabaleesha

The point is this family is totally exposed. They are not locked away. They are not unlike other children. Not in the last 5-7 years anyhow.

Just look at how media savvy they are. How they travel. They know. They are not so indoctrinated they can't get on a plane, send a tweet, start a facebook page, have sex, marry, etc...

They just aren't.

Sure they had a terribly stupid religious upbringing but they aren't braindead. They know they have options and they know we know they have options.

Not to continue to harp on this since we will likely agree to disagree, but there is so much more going on than that. Yes, they may be technically capable of escaping but consider that someone like Jana and Jinger are essentially mothers to the younger children! They may be emotionally tied to staying because they fear they'd never see their siblings again - siblings who they have basically raised as their own - and maybe they worry that the youngest still need them (which I'm afraid is likely the case).

I think Cynthia Jeub talks about this on her blog that leaving her siblings behind was like leaving her children and that this continues to be difficult for her. Her blog is really excellent and I encourage everyone to check out her story.

Chris Cuomo is a bigger moron than Megyn.

Judge Napolitano or Judge Judy. Lol that is who we need.

Nah, I saw him do an epic smackdown of moron Alabama judge Roy Moore. He was so polite and yet so relentless that he kept Moore talking and just let him sputter and dig himself in deeper. It was awesome. (But oh, Judge Judy. Can you imagine? A wimmin judge? Smacking down patri-puke Helmet Head and Poodle Perm? :cracking-up: )

I thought I was safe going to a neighbor's house for dinner... Not so much!

The "judge" they were referring to is the one who issued the order I posted last week. The records were not previously sealed and the statute the non bald guy kept screaming about doesn't trump foia. The reports HAD to be released. I think that megyn will back off of that angle shortly.

Fuck the duggars. That's really all I have to add.

I would seriously like to know what explanation the girls were given for Josh's abuse. Were they told he was being bad because all boys are bad? Because if so that must have poisoned their feelings for all of their brothers. Were they told that Josh abused them because he was aroused by their actions/dress/appearance? Because if so that must have really changed how they felt about themselves and they must have been second-guessing everything they wore and everything they did. Were they told that Josh did these bad things because he was possessed by Satan? If so, they must have been terrified that Satan could possess anyone in their family at any time. Were they never given any explanation for his behavior? They must have secretly wondered and been confused as to what had brought this action on and why it had happened to them.

There is so much we don't know that I feel like we have only been told the bare minimum-- and even that was served up with a big huge helping of lies and bull shit. I hold out a tiny, tiny hope that the show will be canceled and the ultimate money drought will cause someone-- Josh, Anna, Jana, JD, anyone at all-- to write a tell all. Now more than ever that would be a hot, hot book and the writer would be well paid. I really believe Josh could redeem himself if he told the complete, unvarnished truth and made himself available for interviews. And if he sold ma and pa down the river for a few bucks....well that would be sweet revenge.

We know Michelle criminalized and demonized all "big boys" by the way she put in place safety protocols after the abuse.

So I am sure she really screwed up all those children and their sibling relationships.

I also was angered that they most likely scared those kids shitless when they sent Josh away for being a "bad boy" and didn't explain what he bad done and left then all to speculate that they woukd be sent away if they didn't eat all.their tater tot casserole.

In part 1, someone commented about if they had a PR advisor. They did - this was posted in some other threads. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26215&p=961443&hilit=chad+gallagher#p961374

His name is Chad Gallagher (legacyincorporated.com/our-principal/), he is Mike Huckabee's PR guy. IMO having worked in PR for the past 15+ years, last night's interview was the very definition of "PR disaster." I'm sure Gallagher knew that this was an uphill battle, but honestly, he should have realized that no amount of coaching could fix their level of delusion. He was REALLY dumb to let them go on the air. I mean, I'm happy that they did because they were exposed even further, but professionally that was a terrible move on his part.

Thanks for the info! Although I'm really quite pissed that there is someone outside the Gothard cult who apparently thinks that was the proper way to handle the interview. :pink-shock:

Someone is pointing out that the legal debate is missing the real issue of girls being victimized in their own home and the parents doing nothing. BOOM.

She also thinks that the actions seems like the grooming behavior of someone predatory. That he started with sleeping girls over the clothes and then moved on to touch under the clothes when the girls were awake.

This. So much this. And we all know fundie mindset is that girls are essentially property in this patriarchy cult. Speculating (hope it's ok to do that) that they didn't even see the girls as victims. I mean, the only downside in their view to what happened is that the girls wouldn't find a "proper" husband in the fundie ranks and have fundie children. As for Josh, they covered to save his political future and their gravy train.they didn't care about rehabilitation, just that their fame and fortune wouldn't go away. The whole thing is sick. They are hypocrites. And what's worse, is that people believe this is all ok! :pull-hair:

TLC would be dumb to bring it back, but if they do, I doubt it will go very well. It just leaves a bad tast in my mouth.

Would you give a 24 year old Skinhead Neo-Nazi a break on their hatred spewing mouth just because their mommy and daddy raised them in some backwoods Arkansas hate village and took them to clan marches in Siloam Springs?

I think most people wouldn't. That is why I don't give these adult Duggars much sympathy when they continue in this lifestyle.

I blame JM and M for being horrible people and I understand their offspring were warped by their upbringing but at some point I have to just say "you are an adult, you have seen beyond your four walls and you have chosen to stay for whatever reason, and your hatred and ignorance isn't excused any longer."

Damn it, my elderly folks called. I guess they were lonely. I actually started talking to my mom about the Duggars-she had no clue.

I missed it all- and will miss tomorrow too.

Back to the NBA finals.

Is Buzzard watching this? I typed up a recap of the new footage that they just shared. If people need it/want it, I could post. I won't if Buzzard is already on this, though. I don't think any of us expected them to show new footage tonight.

Yes, please post

Caught the end of the Don Lemon segment. Loved that they mentioned that if the parents had actually sent Josh to a licensed therapist that person would have been a mandated reporter and would have alerted the authorities, but that didn't happen.

And who the fuck was the judge that gave him a stern talking to, if not a mandated reporter?

Would you give a 24 year old Skinhead Neo-Nazi a break on their hatred spewing mouth just because their mommy and daddy raised them in some backwoods Arkansas hate village and took them to clan marches in Siloam Springs?

I think most people wouldn't. That is why I don't give these adult Duggars much sympathy when they continue in this lifestyle.

I blame JM and M for being horrible people and I understand their offspring were warped by their upbringing but at some point I have to just say "you are an adult, you have seen beyond your four walls and you have chosen to stay for whatever reason, and your hatred and ignorance isn't excused any longer."

IMO, once you have the responsibility for your own child, you need to be held accountable for your actions and words. No more blame game, no more deflection.

Not to continue to harp on this since we will likely agree to disagree, but there is so much more going on than that. Yes, they may be technically capable of escaping but consider that someone like Jana and Jinger are essentially mothers to the younger children! They may be emotionally tied to staying because they fear they'd never see their siblings again - siblings who they have basically raised as their own - and maybe they worry that the youngest still need them (which I'm afraid is likely the case).

I think Cynthia Jeub talks about this on her blog that leaving her siblings behind was like leaving her children and that this continues to be difficult for her. Her blog is really excellent and I encourage everyone to check out her story.

This family has given no indication they would shun a child who left the fold. They still talk to jim bobs sister who had amy out of wedlock. Michelle has a lesbian sister whom they speak to.

But at some point you even have to realize your sibs are not being helped by your staying. Get out make a life and tell your sibs your door is always open if they leave.

Not sure if this has been posted, but Piers Morgan just did a scathing write-up on the interview yesterday. It's excellent, and conservative Daily Mail readers aren't taking the Duggars' bait, either:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... nting.html

Love this: "It was one of the most invidious, repulsive, exercises in brand-protecting bulls**t that I’ve ever had the misfortune to experience."

Caught the end of the Don Lemon segment. Loved that they mentioned that if the parents had actually sent Josh to a licensed therapist that person would have been a mandated reporter and would have alerted the authorities, but that didn't happen.

And who the fuck was the judge that gave him a stern talking to, if not a mandated reporter?

On the flip side, if licensed counseling was done after the case was opened in 2006 as the interviews suggest, there would be no further reporting to the authorities in that sense as the investigation would've been the catalyst for therapy in the first place.

that body language expert was smart -yet couldn't spell for a damn - and she figured out Jill and Jessa really quickly

and she has obviously never watched an episode - of the show because Michelle it seems is always lying

people are upset imo because they pretended to be so great and godly - well they aren't anymore

the show should be cancelled

Damn it, my elderly folks called. I guess they were lonely. I actually started talking to my mom about the Duggars-she had no clue.

I missed it all- and will miss tomorrow too.

Back to the NBA finals.

Basketball seems so slow after watching hockey last night.

Well this essentially describes Josh perfectly! Which is why I don't give him a pass but I think its different for the girls still under JB's authority.

Love this: "It was one of the most invidious, repulsive, exercises in brand-protecting bulls**t that I’ve ever had the misfortune to experience."

He says while wiretapping their phones.

:music-tool:

On the flip side, if licensed counseling was done after the case was opened in 2006 as the interviews suggest, there would be no further reporting to the authorities in that sense as the investigation would've been the catalyst for therapy in the first place.

Ironically, if they had received licensed counseling I think they would be able to say "we dealt with it therapy, we've moved past it as a family, and its no ones business but ours." But of course that didn't happen.You know with all the people they've brought out they haven't mentioned one professional counselor or health organization that treated them, just the christian manual labor that changed Josh's heart...because...trust us!

That proves nothing. JBoobchelle's sisters are not QF and never were, so that's not a fair comparison -- and most importantly, those women are not their expected-to-be unquestioningly obedient children, especially if female.

Yes, this! We've seen the police report.

In the interest of accuracy, because all the minors' names in the report are redacted, we don't know for sure whether it was one of the girls or Josh himself who told JB what was happening. The interpretation that Josh confessed on his own does make sense if you read it in context in the report. Don't get me wrong--I think JB & Mich are lying liars who lie--but they didn't necessarily lie about Josh confessing to them.

Archived