IGNORED

The Duggars' Megyn Kelly Lie-a-Thon Shit Show- Part 2

happy atheist

megyn: josh once said, we are the epitome of conservative values, and yet they had this secret.

jb: i dont think people go up to random strangers and say hi im so and so and i did this in my past

Megyn: what people say is you shouldnt be preaching family values and calling other people sinners when you yourselves are sinners.

jb: what josh did was inexcusable but not unforgiveable.

cut to discussion with robert zimmerman

megyn: duggars are accused of hypocrisy

zimmerman: not a red blue thing

zimmerman: they dont have to marry gays and lesbians if they dont want to. they can follow their christian beliefs but they cant impose them on the rest of society. they have been hate mongerers. josh works for a hate group.

michelle duggar refers trans people as pedophiles.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time poster, so please forgive me if I get things wrong or step on toes; I don't intend to. I find myself wondering, though . . . if Josh had been "curious" about girls and Michelle was snoring away on the sofa one night, with no one else in the room . . . if he'd felt her breasts and vaginal area while she was sleeping, touching above or under her clothes, and Jim Bob walked in the room, would THAT just be Josh being curious and doing no real harm? (I mean, c'mon, he came out of that vagina and might have been breastfed, he'd really just be visiting areas he'd already been familiar with, right? And if it didn't wake her up, what's the harm?) [sarcasm]

Or would Jim Bob have gone through the roof? Would incestuously touching Michelle have seemed more of an outrage in Jim Bob and Michelle's minds? I think it would, even if she was the one woman in the house who'd had plenty of legitimate reasons for her vagina and breasts to be well traveled. She counts a lot more than a passel of daughters do.

All of these scenarios make me heave, but I suspect that Jim Bob could finally give a rat's bee-hind for the girls getting touched. I think all the rules about chastity were a weird way for him to feel WAAAY too involved in their sexuality. To me it seems like getting really involved in making rules, making sure that his commands about what they were and weren't allowed to do were followed, talking about showing them how to kiss, and so on, were ways for him to be control them in his power-mad way but also to feel kind of sexually stimulated by imagining what the younger people might be feeling. It gave me the creeps.

I am a woman and was raised by a Southern father, but he pretty much didn't have to tell me that there were some things he definitely didn't want me to do with a boyfriend, and it would have felt very uncomfortable if we'd actually discussed anything like that. He'd have died. Seeing Jim Bob almost try to live through his daughters' sexual initiations was revolting to me, and Jim Bob clearly could not believe it at the wedding when Ben and Jessa ran down the aisle and disappeared BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T WANT TO KISS IN FRONT OF THE OLD HORN DOG, much less all the other people. I don't know what Ben and Jessa were thinking, but it was a pretty good way of saying "Screw you, your reign is done!" to Jim Bob and his creepy, intrusive oversight of their courtship. I could have cheered for them. They give me a bit of hope that it might be possible to break away from Jim Bob--and that two people definitely WANTED to do that, just for a little.

Okay, I'm going to say this, too: Jim Bob with his red face and his tiny, too-close-together eyes looks to me like a ham with two cloves for eyes and a toupee. He's one of the least sexually attractive men I've ever seen, though his manner contributes to that.

kelly: is the fallout bc they are so outspoken about their christian beliefs?

some baptist preacher dr robert jeffress: part of it. but cannot deny serious abuse happened. he recieved forgivenes. it does not erase temporary consequences. forgiven people still have to sit in the electric chair. but the left is using this for their agenda. if holy people cannot speak out bc of bad behavior then they will be afraid of speaking out.

whats really hypocritical is those demcrats and republicans say they are for womens right and having affairs and abusing women. cs lewis quote.

megyn talking about in touch's new article suggesting cover up

jb: the whole community knew maybe not all the details but that he is having moral struggles. a friend told a friend told a friend. so then state police got a tip that maybe this had happened in the past. we told them we had gone down to the police station and told the officer and nothing has happened since. they said we said we want to meet with you for a few minutes. they want to interview all the kids. we have nothing to hide. can you bring the kids to the child safety center. so we took all the kids to the safety center. not josh he wasnt a juvenile. let the kids share everything that has ever been done in the family. our children poured out their hearts. they said this would be confidential. just share everything. the department of human services said youve handled this better than other families. we turned our own son in. the report was made three years ago and the statue of limitations ran out we didnt know. it was the police's job to make the report. josh went to court. the judge talked sternly and burned in his mind not to do that again. at this time we didnt know if we would be charged or not. if the statue had run out. he had already confessed three years ago.

megyn: in 2007 josh sued the department of human services

jb: he wanted to make sure that the records were sealed and confidential but it didnt work out

I have had a difficult time reading about the FOX interview, but did watch some of Anderson Cooper & Dr. Drew's coverage of this mess.

Has anyone discussed why Jana was spared?

I have had a difficult time reading about the FOX interview, but did watch some of Anderson Cooper & Dr. Drew's coverage of this mess.

Has anyone discussed why Jana was spared?

I think people have speculated that it's because she might have had one of the little boys sleeping in her bed during the time (apparently one of them slept with her fairly regularly for quite awhile), but I haven't seen anything definitively stated.

Access Hollywood Live had a segment with a psychology professor from New York Presbyterian Hospital, I thought it was a really good segment that covered a range of issues with the interview/Duggar beliefs in general. She said with Josh's type of behavior, typically (but not always) it happens in homes with neglect or psychological trauma, or they see abuse happen. She also talked about their patriarchal beliefs, how the girls are seen as second class citizens, and how that could have affected their views on the abuse and their forgiveness of Josh. Also stressed that saying they sought counseling was a meaningless term on it's own, it needed to be a specific type of therapy.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/the-dugg ... eo_2816937

I'm still a bit shocked that they did this interview at all. The media for the most part was shying away from the fact that 4 of the Duggar girls were involved, now that they are doing these interviews, going into specifics is fair game and most outlets are taking full advantage of that. They must really be desperate to save the show.

The Holt Family

And then, by some accounts at least, Josh and a Holt daughter were betrothed. Because that'll fix the problem.

Something to think about for people convinced that Mr. Keller could not have known what Josh really did before handing over Anna, because who could do a thing like that? Gothardites, that's who.

Long time lurker/participant that forgot my login. And by long timer, I am talking Ruth, dna, and the mormon chick from Chicago that threw her kid in a pack and play in the second bathroom. Jenna or something? Ugh - that chick really sucked.

This Duggar fallout is freaking gold. I shouldn't be so happy about this. But I am. Fuck them. I'm not even gay or trans or whatever the fuck they say is going to molest the kids.

Can we make taking selfies while flashing Jim Bob and defrauding him a thing? Please?

So, I couldn't bring myself to watch the interview last night or the follow-ups today. Kudos to Buzzard for recapping so I didn't have to because even just reading Boob and Mullet's lies, justifications, and projections turned my stomach. I'm so relieved that they basically hung themselves and that viewers, by and large, put their critical thinking caps on and were appropriately revolted.

What was probably most disgusting to me--and it's pretty hard to pick from that rotten smorgasbord--was the gross insult to survivors everywhere who either can't consciously remember their abuse or were too young to fully understand what was happening at the time it occurred. Newsflash to Boob and Mullet: 1. If you can't remember what happened to you (whether because you were asleep, knocked or chocked unconscious, drugged, or so traumatized that you repressed it), it's arguably even worse than if you can because you can't work through it if you don't know what happened. Knowing that something happened but not knowing what is a uniquely horrifying, powerless position to be in. 2. If you're too young to understand that someone is violating your personal boundaries, then you sure as hell are going to understand later on and have to work through it then. (And that's assuming that kids who were already old enough to dress themselves and use the bathroom by themselves had no understanding of personal boundaries.) It's so unbelievably irresponsible for these Fuggars--no, that was not a typo--to sit there, as public figures, and shrug off sexual abuse as if it's any less abusive in these scenarios. I was prepared for them to do the whole spiel about grace and forgiveness, sure, but when they actually tried to dismiss the abuse to begin with...well, consider my mind blown. :shock:

And also? No, JimBoob, you have no idea if it was "just touching" and "over the clothes" (not that that would make it any better) because, when asked for details about the abuse, three out of five of your girls who knew they were abused stated that they couldn't remember exactly what had happened. (You can find their respective accounts on p. 17-18, p. 19-20, and p. 23-24 of the police report.) A fourth stated that she hadn't been molested but that she really couldn't remember anything (p. 25-26). Only one girl was apparently able to give a full account of exactly what happened and didn't express any problems remembering (p. 21-22). So, frankly, Boob, you don't know shit about what happened because even your daughters don't know what happened. Yet you choose to believe your son, the perp, unquestioningly. I guess because he's a male and all, his word is always to be believed over an unreliable female's, huh?

And one more thing...No, J'Chelle, brothers and sisters shouldn't have to worry about being in a room alone together or reading each other stories or playing hide-and-seek. And in normal, healthy families, they don't. Sorry that you didn't associate with too many normal, healthy families, but that doesn't say anything good about you.

Not sure if I can stomach the Jill/Jessa interview tomorrow, but I'll try.

One of the points the "Failing Father" made last night (and likely the most important regarding Josh's indication for arousal from inappropriate age females - his youngest victim was 5) is that he supposedly came to the parents "crying" confessing his guilt. I don't know if anyone has posted anything regarding cycles of abuse, but I'm adding it here because he displayed textbook repeat offender behaviors.

What's really frightening is he has a 6 year old daughter. This type of offender doesn't just stop on their own. http://www.hiddenhurt.co.uk/cycle_of_abuse.html

Finally something I can do! I dvr'd Wed and will do Fri, but I didn't know that tonight's show would be about them too.

$ponsor$ for the aptly named show:

FastSigns

Jos. A. Bank

GoToMeeting

Experian

Acura

(The O'Reilly Factor)

OneReverseMortgage ( A Quicken Loans Company )

Angie's List

Blue-emu (anti-itch cream [WTF is emu oil?]

WillowCurve (pain reliever)

Autotrader

HumaneWatch (watchful eye in how humane society spends our $, paid for by The Center for Consumer Freedom) [Assholes! This is what "consumers" should fight :angry-banghead: ]

LifeLock

Sirius (to tell us what channel these idiots are on)

CVSHealth

Nexus 24th

Golfsmith (guy with clear "Callaway" golf bag & "Nike" hat, so them too??)

Transitions Lenses

Nutrisystem

Barrett-Jackson Auto Care

Terminex

Panera

Quicken Loans

Trivago

Sea-Bond

Experian

Game of War (game)

Vistaprint

(Fox Business)

Rand Paul

Sandals

Qunol CoQ10

DirecTV

BuyBelize.com

LifeLock

Ancestry.com

Crestor (AstraZeneca)

MagicMesh

Rapid Advance (lender)

Verizon (Droid Turbo, Motorola)

Brand Power (pimping Boost)

Megyn gave the number for the national child abuse hotline (1-800-4-A-CHILD) and urged anyone who is a victim or knows of abuse to call and get help or report their suspicions. If anything good comes out of all this, awareness of how widespread CSA is, victims/survivors getting help, and abusers being prevented from harming anyone else will be the most important.

Was she directing that at JimBob who says others have told him "much worse" things have happened in their families? Did you wonder about the victims the JB or just pat yourself on the back?

And then, by some accounts at least, Josh and a Holt daughter were betrothed. Because that'll fix the problem.

Something to think about for people convinced that Mr. Keller could not have known what Josh really did before handing over Anna, because who could do a thing like that? Gothardites, that's who.

Hmmm. Veeeeeery interesting. And do we know what happened that they are (apparently) no longer "best friends"?

ETA: Never mind, I see that that is a whole other fustercluck. Though, I did find a recent Star article where it states that Holt didn't know about the molestation until he was looking for the "sin in the camp."

So I wonder if Josh had to schedule in a time in the Dugger calendar to talk to his parents and how long did it take? Would they even allow him to do a drop in confession?

Finally something I can do! I dvr'd Wed and will do Fri, but I didn't know that tonight's show would be about them too.

FastSigns

Jos. A. Bank

GoToMeeting

Experian

Acura

(The O'Reilly Factor)

Angie's List

Autotrader

HumaneWatch (watchful eye in how humane society spends our $, paid for by The Center for Consumer Freedom) [Assholes! This is what "consumers" should fight :angry-banghead: ]

LifeLock

CVSHealth

Nexus 24th

Transitions Lenses

Nutrisystem

Terminex

Panera

Quicken Loans

Trivago

Sea-Bond

Experian

Game of War (game)

Vistaprint

(Fox Business)

Rand Paul

Sandals

Qunol CoQ10

DirecTV

BuyBelize.com

LifeLock

Ancestry.com

Crestor (AstraZeneca)

MagicMesh

Rapid Advance (lender)

Thanks for the list. Interesting difference in the Fox News sponsors and 19 kids. I don't think I really use many of the products or services of the sponsors. I do know a few people high up at Ancestry.com so I'll be emailing or talking to them.

Seth Meyer just made a joke during the opening of his Late Night show. As soon as he said Jim Bob Duggar, the audience started groaning. :geek:

Long time lurker/participant that forgot my login. And by long timer, I am talking Ruth, dna, and the mormon chick from Chicago that threw her kid in a pack and play in the second bathroom. Jenna or something? Ugh - that chick really sucked.

This Duggar fallout is freaking gold. I shouldn't be so happy about this. But I am. Fuck them. I'm not even gay or trans or whatever the fuck they say is going to molest the kids.

Can we make taking selfies while flashing Jim Bob and defrauding him a thing? Please?

Hi. I'd say no, because we know right from wrong. Unlike the Duggar's.

FastSigns

Jos. A. Bank

GoToMeeting

Experian

Acura

(The O'Reilly Factor)

Angie's List

Autotrader

LifeLock

CVSHealth

Nexus 24th

Transitions Lenses

Nutrisystem

Terminex

Panera

Quicken Loans

Trivago

Sea-Bond

Experian

Game of War (game)

Vistaprint

(Fox Business)

Rand Paul

Sandals

Qunol CoQ10

DirecTV

BuyBelize.com

LifeLock

Ancestry.com

Crestor (AstraZeneca)

MagicMesh

Rapid Advance (lender)

Thank you so very much!!!

Did anyone catch Jim twat say that when he took Josh to the church that they said they had sons who did this to their daughters to so there's nothing wrong with it. Also JB calling out the police department put him in a whole pot of hot water. Did Jim twat forget that he called in a personal favor via mike huckabee to delete the record. Wonder if the police will look into that and other things

Over and over these failure parents (who had too many kids to count, let alone supervise) talk about their son's "bad choices." What a euphemism! These weren't "bad choices"; they were bad crimes. And, they were crimes that went unpunished.

It's time for TLC to stick a fork in this show. It's done.

https://drlillianglassbodylanguageblog.wordpress.com/

Body language reader post about JimChelle.

I'm still reading this thread, but I hopped over to read the above article and WOW! is it telling when you broaden the scope and consider the 19KAC show in general and the body language of both the parents and the children. I didn't think too much more could surprise me in terms of the Duggars, but I was really sickened when my mind replayed scenes and episodes from past shows.

Just my 2 cents...back to the thread!

Mail clerk who ran into him at the water cooler.

OMG. It's like he's obsolved cuz "DHS" said they handled it better than most. And it was not so bad cuz, "other people told me that this problem is worse in other families." It's like when kids try deflecting responsibility by saying "well, they were all throwing rocks too. But I used a smaller rock."

This pastor who now says he went as a witness, what is his motive? You know, since the police who released the report had a motive or agenda...Is he getting a donation, hoping to advertise his church for new members? Hoping to distract attention away from a congregation that has a sexual predator reporting problem?

Careful buddy, the liberal media may start doing research on you too!

Wait. I just read that Huckabee dropped them...Thye are using Huckabee's PR guy and Huckabee dropped them? Whoa.Seems God did have a plan for JB getting involved in politics. His own failed race. Holts failed race. Now Huckabee. Santorum already spoke agaibst them. But I read that his dad was a clinical psychologist. He'd probably have some background into how damaging their current bs is to kids.

I think the interview has really shone a light beneath the TV surface of the family. Especially from listening to many psychologists who have discussed the interview since it aired, the Duggars have come across in an obviously disturbing way. A proper investigation needs to happen into that household! And honestly, I can't believe it took a dreadful thing like this for the media to seriously question the beliefs behind their "wholesome family values"/baby-hoarding lifestyle [cult]! Dr. Drew and panelists on his show have come extremely close to hitting the nail on the head - in a couple of recent clips I've seen, he called the house a compound, and stated something along the lines of "this feels like a cult".

I would really like to know if any of the girls have seriously questioned their upbringing, or considered breaking free. If not, JB and M have done an incredible job at brainwashing. I feel so much anger and disgust towards them after all this, and while I'm very sympathetic to the girls, I'm really worried that watching their interview will only infuriate me further. And I'm SICK of reading leghumpers defending them and downplaying the sexual abuse!

After that interview, I don't think I can bear to look at those "parents" again. They're disgusting excuses for human beings, and while I realise there are very likely significant psychological issues going on with Michelle, I'm really struggling to find any sympathy for her right now. JB? I have no words.

My number one hope right now is that the rest of those kids get out of there, one way or another.

Archived