IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting - Season 10 - Duggar Snark Part 2

happy atheist

Is anyone else finding this season of 19 Kids and Counting to be horribly boring? I suppose it shouldn't be--Jessa is getting married (but of course we've seen that in people magazine), Jill is pregnant, and Anna is about to announce she's pregnant. But, if I have to watch Michelle pretend to use machinery one more time...

Is it just me? Or is it dull after last season?

It's been pretty dull ever since the Jubilee fiasco. And that's been three years.

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is anyone else finding this season of 19 Kids and Counting to be horribly boring? I suppose it shouldn't be--Jessa is getting married (but of course we've seen that in people magazine), Jill is pregnant, and Anna is about to announce she's pregnant. But, if I have to watch Michelle pretend to use machinery one more time...

Is it just me? Or is it dull after last season?

They haven't been able to sustain their ratings so a lot of people, including me, agree with you. In fact, if I am not mistaken, Sister Wives had higher ratings this past week than did 19 Kids, no doubt due to the controversy concerning divorce. I also believe that The Little Couple sustained their ratings week after week throughout their last season without losing a million plus viewers. The numbers are still good but Jim Bob can no longer boast that his is the highest rated show on TLC. For the record, The Little Couple had the highest rated show on TLC during the 2nd quarter of 2014. Fame can be a heartless beast, Jim Bob.

There's only four girls in that picture. You're counting reflections, which is understandable bc the angle is really weird plus the mirrors are angled and there's multiples of them. I couldn't figure out how the reflections were working either. The girl with the dark brown hair in the pink dress is a Seewald. The one next to her, with the braid in her hair, is also a Seewald I believe. (We see her face in the reflection of the mirror) The girl we can see facing us, with her leg up, is Jordyn. I think. The one who is completely turned to us is either Jennie or Hannie. It's her elbow that we see reflected in the far left. Josie isn't in this picture.

The girl with the dark brown hair is indeed Faith Seewald. The other three are Duggar girls though. That's Jennie on the right, with the braid, Jordyn in the background, and so it must be Hannie on the left, though we can't really see her.

Duggars this week: Ratings: 1.978 M viewers and a .6 rating and 2.081 M viewers and a .7 rating.

SW last four episodes: Divorce episode 2.792 M viewers and a .9 rating, Tell All episode 2.123 M viewers and a .7 rating, Verdict then Lawyer: 1.531 M viewers and a .5 rating, and Meri special had 1.458 M viewers and a .4 rating.

Duggars this week: Ratings: 1.978 M viewers and a .6 rating and 2.081 M viewers and a .7 rating.

SW last four episodes: Divorce episode 2.792 M viewers and a .9 rating, Tell All episode 2.123 M viewers and a .7 rating, Verdict then Lawyer: 1.531 M viewers and a .5 rating, and Meri special had 1.458 M viewers and a .4 rating.

What do those .9, .7, .5, etc. ratings refer to?

[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]

I couldn't resist.

Am I the only one seeing a lot of Jinger in this photo? Is it the eyes?

What do those .9, .7, .5, etc. ratings refer to?

Share of adults ages 18-49 aka the "important demo" for advertisers.

Compared the ratings through week 3 from last season and this season has been trending lower overall thus far -

Last season:

Week 1[tab=30]3.3 M/1.4

Week 2[tab=30]2.7 M/1.1 & 2.6 M/1.1

Week 3[tab=30]2.4 M/1.0 & 2.4 M/1.0

This season:

Week 1[tab=30] 3.3 M/1.2

Week 2[tab=30]2.4 M/0.9 & 2.2 M/ 0.7

Week 3[tab=30]2.0 M/ 0.7 & 1.9 M/ 0.6

The show is still doing ok-ish but I imagine TLC has to be somewhat disappointed that not more people are tuning in despite the Duggars being more popular in the news than ever. Maybe too much publicity is not always a good thing?

Anyone else feel like JB can't be any more obvious how much he wants JD to get married. The episode the other night had what felt like a 5 minute long eharmony commercial for him. "He's not courting anyone now... but I bet he will be soon!" With that big stupid grin. Ugh.

We all know why JB wants JD to get married so badly. ALL OF US. FIrst of all, it's a gigantic profit center. Secondly, I'm guessing it's the opposite of whatever issues he had with Smuggar pre-Anna.

IMHO, YMMV.

We all know why JB wants JD to get married so badly. ALL OF US. FIrst of all, it's a gigantic profit center. Secondly, I'm guessing it's the opposite of whatever issues he had with Smuggar pre-Anna.

IMHO, YMMV.

what were his issues with Smuggar? do tell

and Smuggar and JD both look 40 imo

what were his issues with Smuggar? do tell

and Smuggar and JD both look 40 imo

Rumor has it that Smuggar was quite interested in the ladies. RUMOR. Allegedly.

And both Smuggar and JD look older than my 50-year-old husband.

herein lies one of my main issues with the Christian g-d. I can not wrap my head around a g-d that creates a world and human beings with free will and then "makes you"* join a cult just to get to heaven easily. A g-d, supposedly a father figure, who would want his(her) people to suffer and anguish and FEAR him. It just doesn’t compute in my head. I count my self as an agnostic Jew, but if I’m wrong, I’m confident I don’t want to go wherever it is that Duggers g-d is.

*as far as the Duggers are concerned, not all Christians.

Cosigned. Add in giving god all the credit and none of the blame, e.g. he cured someone's cancer so he's wonderful, but why would he give that person cancer to begin with, and this is where I stand. This is why I tell people that even if this creature's existence could be proven I'd remain a godless heathen. There is no explanation in the world that could compel me to worship an omnipotent being who allows all the unspeakably awful things that happen.

Rumor has it that Smuggar was quite interested in the ladies. RUMOR. Allegedly.

And both Smuggar and JD look older than my 50-year-old husband.

well smuggar has been gross since forever imo - so if that is true - ugh for those ladies

and ROFL I love that :D

appaerntly Jill and Jessa are writing follow ups for their book - which includes stuff about ....

Duggar Seewald. We did write a section in there about dating and finding the right guy and all that. But that was before any of us had really walked that road. It was just advice that other people had given us and things we assumed we would do when we came to that. It's been interesting now that Jill and I have gotten engaged and married. We actually are in the process of writing an additional chapter for the paperback version for a sort of updated edition. We'll share our story and different things we learned along the way.

that should be highly entertaining :nenner:

appaerntly Jill and Jessa are writing follow ups for their book - which includes stuff about ....

Duggar Seewald. We did write a section in there about dating and finding the right guy and all that. But that was before any of us had really walked that road. It was just advice that other people had given us and things we assumed we would do when we came to that. It's been interesting now that Jill and I have gotten engaged and married. We actually are in the process of writing an additional chapter for the paperback version for a sort of updated edition. We'll share our story and different things we learned along the way.

that should be highly entertaining :nenner:

Because now they're EXPERTS!

And we know to never question their expertise because God gave it to them, experience or not. :lol:

I'm waiting for the followup post-divorce. Then they will have something relevant to say.

One of the talking heads Jana seemed really trying extra extra hard not to say something and it made me feel she detests Jessa.....

When the mail order bridesmaid dresses came and Jana was first to try on. She didn't like the fit of the dress and didn't want to come out of change area. Jessa insisted she come out into the room for all to see. Detest may be a strong word but Jana I believe was not happy with jessa'. Jessa could have got off her ass and see in change area how the dress fit Jana.

When the mail order bridesmaid dresses came and Jana was first to try on. She didn't like the fit of the dress and didn't want to come out of change area. Jessa insisted she come out into the room for all to see. Detest may be a strong word but Jana I believe was not happy with jessa'. Jessa could have got off her ass and see in change area how the dress fit Jana.

yes, but that was most antimated I have seen Jana - and if takes that - I like that spunk - makes me think Jana has backbone - buried and inside but willing to GET Out !!

spoke to me :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

Jessa should have ordered petite sized dresses for the shorter gals.

yes

Have I told you today how brilliant you are :worship: :worship:

I am short and petite so HELL YES

Archived