IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting - Season 10 - Duggar Snark Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thoughts from tonight:

I think it's good they're showing Michelle spending time with her children, but pretty sure that Jordyn or Jennifer would have benefited more than her grown son, John David.

I hate this career title thing they do every week. Josh, you are not a Graphic Designer! Far from it. He did basically everything a designer should NOT do, such as PS shadows, beveled edges, outlines.... I thought the front was bad until he flipped it. The back of this design was just horrendous.

Anyway, how does Jessa not know flower types. Even one of the little kids could names roses. Don't know if she was nervous or just that naive.

Best quote: It'll open up a Pandora's box of all kinds of opportunities. lmao :D

Can't wait for next week, that'll be interesting!

Thoughts from tonight:

I think it's good they're showing Michelle spending time with her children, but pretty sure that Jordyn or Jennifer would have benefited more than her grown son, John David.

I hate this career title thing they do every week. Josh, you are not a Graphic Designer! Far from it. He did basically everything a designer should NOT do, such as PS shadows, beveled edges, outlines.... I thought the front was bad until he flipped it. The back of this design was just horrendous.

Anyway, how does Jessa not know flower types. Even one of the little kids could names roses. Don't know if she was nervous or just that naive.

Best quote: It'll open up a Pandora's box of all kinds of opportunities. lmao :D

The career title thing wouldn't bother me if they said "amateur" before it. Possibly even "semi-professional" for some of it. (Like Erin is a semi-professional pianist bc she has been paid for her work) I wouldn't even have an issue with Josh designing his sisters' wedding invitations if he were just doing it out of love or bc it's something he enjoys doing and they asked for his help. But to do it and then call yourself a graphic designer? Um no.

Was there supposed to be some sort of announcement tonight? Did I miss it?

Oh yeah .. they didn't announce anything other than a very pregnant Jill letting us know we can watch full episodes online.

Thoughts from tonight:

I do a lot of digital scrapbooking, using Creative Memories software. I am always trying to become better at the graphic design. I'm still not that goid, and rely heavily on pre-planned designs. Can you tell me why beveled edges, outlines, and ps shadows should not be used, in graphic design? Thanks!

I had a similar situation. My bridesmaids wanted other dresses shortened. I like the length, and said no. They kept pushing for alterations, and I had a bridezilla moment. The expression on my face was much more scary than Jessa's. So, no Jessa's expression doesn't phase me at all.

Boob. being a constable is not the same as being a part of a police department. Please stop lying.

Oh yeah .. they didn't announce anything other than a very pregnant Jill letting us know we can watch full episodes online.

They announced yesterday via People that M4 is a girl.

The career title thing wouldn't bother me if they said "amateur" before it. Possibly even "semi-professional" for some of it. (Like Erin is a semi-professional pianist bc she has been paid for her work) I wouldn't even have an issue with Josh designing his sisters' wedding invitations if he were just doing it out of love or bc it's something he enjoys doing and they asked for his help. But to do it and then call yourself a graphic designer? Um no.

Totally agree! Josh is more hobbyist than amateur, though. Maybe he could raise himself to amateur in those few years before he tries to teach his kids.

I do a lot of digital scrapbooking, using Creative Memories software. I am always trying to become better at the graphic design. I'm still not that goid, and rely heavily on pre-planned designs. Can you tell me why beveled edges, outlines, and ps shadows should not be used, in graphic design? Thanks!

Scrapbooking is fun! :) I've used pre-planned designs for it too, tbh. There aren't any solid rules in graphic design, but like my professor would say, most of the guidelines need to be known before you can break them. There are quiet a few reasons for not using effects such as those. One, you don't want the text to compete with the graphics (simple is better). Two, every character in a font set is mathematically designed to have certain vertical and horizontal weights, so using an inner outline will change the proportions (and that opens into a whole discussion about typography). Not to say these effects can't be done tastefully with effort and research, but for Josh's lack of skill, he should avoid them.

On a separate note, I'm kinda disappointed there was no special announcement tonight. I completely forgot about that.

someone is wearing pants :D

Saved and lightened, looks like she's wearing a skirt too :( I think she used up her quota of pants days for sledding.

The picture Andora posted: :o

i-mpfT4zC-M.jpg

Eta: looks like she's ready to cut somebody

Speaking of great Duggar screenshots...oops

tG29WPm.jpg?1

gER8xyp.jpg?2

and Ben's mom's reaction

QotzjVo.jpg?2

all of these were during that creepy "i can't wait for grandbabies" interaction.

Sorry, I know I'm not funny, lol

This is the first Duggar show I couldn't sit and watch. ( Sad, I know). Usually I can force myself but what a snoozefest! Ben drives me nuts and Jessa as well. " I just call them flowers." Shrug. But if she watches a FLORIST she can learn a new skill! I notice that more and more about her. If she doesn't know it , it isn't worth knowing! Ugh.

Also, I never see these bonus segments. Is it because I'm Canadian? :cry:

They announced yesterday via People that M4 is a girl.

But didn't they say there was going to be an announcement during the episode?

whoa whoa whoa .. Cathy is having a stem cell transplant?!?! Do they know where stem cells come from? Bc people who save them save them for themselves.

For the record, my sister had stem cell replacement when she was having cancer treatments - they use her own stem cells and not donors.

I've never gone wedding dress shopping but is it seriously offered to women to have their hair and makeup done before they try on wedding dresses?? Bc that seems ridiculous and over the top and completely unnecessary.

I went dress shopping a year ago at David's Bridal - no, the shop did not offer anything like that. It would have been really over the top for me. Some ladies may go and get spruced up before going to the bridal shop though (if it makes them feel more confident or comfortable when trying on dresses then more power to them!) Some ladies also schedule a hair and makeup trial for the day they go to get their first or final fitting done, in order to get an idea of how everything will look together - I'm thinking of just skipping the trials because I'm lazy.

Thoughts from tonight:

No joke, when we were talking about what flowers we wanted at our wedding my only suggestions were, "Sunflowers, a little blue, and white." I know different flowers, but I'm more concerned about keeping the cost down rather then getting something specific.

I'm willing to bet that Jessa just didn't really care too much about the types of flowers. Either that or she just hadn't really thought about it too much and couldn't think of anything on the spot.

If 2 of the girls were cooking at the ages Jason and James are at it would have been called "Tuesday" and mommy dearest would not have been supervising. It's so pathetic, and Boob, you aren't fooling anybody with your "everyone should know how to cook" BS. And if Josh cooks all the time it would not be necessary to point out when he does, or for Anna to hover over him as his "omelette" turns into scrambled eggs.

I am at the point where I involuntarily twitch and curse when Michelle says something like, "With 19 kids there's always someone in the kitchen." Michelle, yes, you popped them all out, but you have never had 19 children under your roof at the same time. It's even worse when someone points out how hard it is to do X because there are 19 kids, or when they'd ask random people on the street how they'd cope with 17/18/19 children. No, there are several young adults and full-fledged adults in that group. It's a far stretch from being, say, a school teacher who really is in charge of 19+ children.

someone is wearing pants :D

it looks like pants, but if her legs were really short. hmm.. i don't know.

post-6504-14451999988372_thumb.jpg

This is the first Duggar show I couldn't sit and watch. ( Sad, I know). Usually I can force myself but what a snoozefest! Ben drives me nuts and Jessa as well. " I just call them flowers." Shrug. But if she watches a FLORIST she can learn a new skill! I notice that more and more about her. If she doesn't know it , it isn't worth knowing! Ugh.

Also, I never see these bonus segments. Is it because I'm Canadian? :cry:

I can and I am :D

Archived