IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting - Season 10 - Duggar Snark Part 2

happy atheist

Jessa's extreme anger issues are pouring out this season imo

and I wonder if she is truly happier now that she has left the TTH

has anyone else thought maybe she was having sexual frustration while this was being filmed

:cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jessa's extreme anger issues are pouring out this season imo

and I wonder if she is truly happier now that she has left the TTH

has anyone else thought maybe she was having sexual frustration while this was being filmed

:cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

Hm...I didn't think of that, but I have wondered if she even wanted to get married at all. Considering she found NO joy in ANYTHING concerned with planning the wedding; it just crossed my mind that perhaps she didn't really want the wedding. In my opinion, she seems to put a lot of effort into just being "sweet" to...what's his name? Ben? it doesn't appear to come naturally to treat him with respect and love. But I guess that's how she talks to everyone, from what I've seen; so that may mean nothing.

I have to say I'm feeling a little redeemed reading all the negative comments about Jessa. My opinion of her, from the few episodes I've watched lately, is that she's an arrogant, vain, entitled, immature young woman and is quite rude, even to her mother. She's well beyond the adolescent stage where we might expect that kind of attitude in a "normal" household.

I think once the honeymoon phase is over, Ben's going to be asking himself "Who IS this girl I married?" I think he will spend most of his time walking on egg shells around her.

Hm...I didn't think of that, but I have wondered if she even wanted to get married at all. Considering she found NO joy in ANYTHING concerned with planning the wedding; it just crossed my mind that perhaps she didn't really want the wedding. In my opinion, she seems to put a lot of effort into just being "sweet" to...what's his name? Ben? it doesn't appear to come naturally to treat him with respect and love. But I guess that's how she talks to everyone, from what I've seen; so that may mean nothing.

I have to say I'm feeling a little redeemed reading all the negative comments about Jessa. My opinion of her, from the few episodes I've watched lately, is that she's an arrogant, vain, entitled, immature young woman and is quite rude, even to her mother. She's well beyond the adolescent stage where we might expect that kind of attitude in a "normal" household.

exactly - she was channeling her energy towards Ben - and everyone else she just let her wrath out.

and I agree with the bolded part

we have to remember that Derick didn't live at the TTH - Jill didn't see him as much I am assuming... Ben she saw endlessly and maybe those frustrations took a toll. that is the only way I can determine it.... that and she really wanted to get out of the TTH he was her ticket.

exactly - she was channeling her energy towards Ben - and everyone else she just let her wrath out.

and I agree with the bolded part

we have to remember that Derick didn't live at the TTH - Jill didn't see him as much I am assuming... Ben she saw endlessly and maybe those frustrations took a toll. that is the only way I can determine it.... that and she really wanted to get out of the TTH he was her ticket.

I just keep going back to that scene with the bridesmaids' dresses when she was so rude to her sisters. I know there are different opinions on that (and I respect them) but my mother's voice kept ringing in my ear "you should treat your siblings as nicely as you treat your friends at school," so I'm a little sensitive to that kind of thing. Sure, my siblings and I bickered but we showed common courtesy to each other in our daily interactions - especially as adults. I saw none of that coming from Jessa. Of course her siblings ARE her friends at school, so my mom's advice in that household would be pointless.

Oh, who am I kidding? I need to just STOP expecting this family to act like "any normal family."

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

JD just isn't as pretty as his sisters. I agree he's an asshole and immature. What woman especially a fundie women wants a guy like that unless she wants fame.

And I just saw previews for next week's episode. Fuck you Michelle. So she gets to go to her class reunion and meet her classmates and friends while her daughters and sons didn't get the same chance she did. She was a cheerleader, dated, had friends, kissed didn't have a chaperone, yet her kids have to raised in a cult. Then she takes about her bulimia and how she overcame it. I wonder what her kids think about mommy and daddy sinning and why can't they sin as well.

IMO, that's going to be one miserable marriage.

She is a shrew.

In a couple of years, when he is beyond the whole sex thing, he's going to be one miserable man. Then again, maybe she'll have moved on by them. A lot depends on the show, AKA their meal ticket.

I get the feeling that Jessa didn't actually want a big wedding like Jill's and that is partially where a lot of the attitude is coming from. Not that she wasn't attitudinal before, but it just seems amplified nowadays. Which could also be because we are seeing more of her or TLC is editing her footage differently.

Either way, there are plenty of people who don't want the big wedding, but I doubt any of the Duggars will be allowed a small, low key nuptial while the TLC cameras are rolling. That could be part of it with Jessa in regards to the disinterest in the flowers etc.

I get the feeling that Jessa didn't actually want a big wedding like Jill's and that is partially where a lot of the attitude is coming from. Not that she wasn't attitudinal before, but it just seems amplified nowadays. Which could also be because we are seeing more of her or TLC is editing her footage differently.

Either way, there are plenty of people who don't want the big wedding, but I doubt any of the Duggars will be allowed a small, low key nuptial while the TLC cameras are rolling. That could be part of it with Jessa in regards to the disinterest in the flowers etc.

Though I bet she wanted the gifts.

I think if Jessa wanted a family only wedding, that JB and M would have complied.

Just as long as the event was filmed and aired so JB did not lose any $$$$$$.

Jessa might actually be fine with alienating Ben once the initial heat of their passion wears off. If he's not interested in sex with her, then in her mind, it would be a great way to space out the blessings.

Of course, the smarter option would be for them to have open communication with one another about their differences and go on some form of birth control, but who here thinks that's going to happen?

And about the wedding, if both of these kids hadn't been raised fundie, they would either be shacking up or simply engaging in a torrid affair. This wedding is everyone else's idea - not Jessa's. It marks her passage into adulthood by fundamentalist standards. Jessa figured out on some level long ago that she gave up her childhood far too soon in order to raise her parents' children, so why on earth would she want or need the unwanted bullshit of planning and participating in an elaborate wedding ceremony just to confirm the next stage of her life?

This wedding is more for everyone else, including Ben (who is actually interested in the preparations) than it is for Jessa. She probably figured if more guests meant more presents, then that would mean some good could come of it, and it's the only reason she's playing along.

*Nothing wrong with planning a wedding if you actually want to go to the trouble of planning one. Me, I eloped because I didn't want to be bothered with the hassle or the expense, so I can see where Jessa is coming from here.

Jessa might actually be fine with alienating Ben once the initial heat of their passion wears off. If he's not interested in sex with her, then in her mind, it would be a great way to space out the blessings.

Of course, the smarter option would be for them to have open communication with one another about their differences and go on some form of birth control, but who here thinks that's going to happen?

And about the wedding, if both of these kids hadn't been raised fundie, they would either be shacking up or simply engaging in a torrid affair. This wedding is everyone else's idea - not Jessa's. It marks her passage into adulthood by fundamentalist standards. Jessa figured out on some level long ago that she gave up her childhood far too soon in order to raise her parents' children, so why on earth would she want or need the unwanted bullshit of planning and participating in an elaborate wedding ceremony just to confirm the next stage of her life?

This wedding is more for everyone else, including Ben (who is actually interested in the preparations) than it is for Jessa. She probably figured if more guests meant more presents, then that would mean some good could come of it, and it's the only reason she's playing along.

*Nothing wrong with planning a wedding if you actually want to go to the trouble of planning one. Me, I eloped because I didn't want to be bothered with the hassle or the expense, so I can see where Jessa is coming from here.

it makes sense !!

I think a lot of us go through this stage in our early teen years. The different being, of course, that we're given the opportunity to grow out of it.

I also can't believe that no one has pointed out to Jessa that ice cream at an outdoor reception in November is a bad idea. :shrug:

Yeah, I guess that's probably why, its just unusual to see this attitude from a bride, and not her sullen 14 year old bridesmaid who thinks its all shit and would rather be doing anything else...hopefully she is going to grow out of it, or poor Ben will go insane. Fundie girls are so immature for their ages, but the rest of them are stuck in childhood, not being the teen who hates life.

Well, its the only thing she doesn't hate, so ice cream it is then. I cant believe she doesn't like cake :o there must be something wrong with her :P

IMO, that's going to be one miserable marriage.

She is a shrew.

In a couple of years, when he is beyond the whole sex thing, he's going to be one miserable man. Then again, maybe she'll have moved on by them. A lot depends on the show, AKA their meal ticket.

I think they deserve each other. I feel like Ben is every bit as spoiled, shallow and entitled as Jessa, he just doesn't show it on camera as much because it's not HIS family's TV show. That comment about how Jessa should dress modestly because "he gets jealous" is both disgusting and worrying, and that's not the first time he's said or done something like that.

While I don't find Jessa's "shrewish" behavior attractive in any way, I hope she continues to exert her personality in their relationship rather than trying to keep sweet. Ben has the potential to outgrow being an immature douche, but he won't if he keeps getting pampered and feted like a proper little patriarch. I just hope he doesn't get frustrated to the point of turning violent.

Jill went to a shop that offers a special package that they call the princess treatment for a fee. That kind of thing wouldn't normally be offered by larger bridal shops but something a very small bridal boutique might offer to bring in more business.

As I've watched this season and the one of Jill I keep re-watching this

Kid Farm--the wedding dress episode!

the youngin's at the bridal shop

10985362_711645702267575_798530162348427583_n.jpg?oh=e008c3a60d99cc33c9d9487bcb9561c4&oe=558C5942&__gda__=1435803523_694ca49dbce5ff357b09b1438865257e

Did they dress Bin's sister in a Duggar dress? I wondered that while I watched the show.

As I've watched this season and the one of Jill I keep re-watching this

Kid Farm--the wedding dress episode!

The profit Kirk Cameron says bananas prove god exists. I don't know why but he's right. - :lol: :lol:

Did they dress Bin's sister in a Duggar dress? I wondered that while I watched the show.

I can't see all of the Ben's sister dress but from the angle of the picture, it looks like one of those matching prairie dresses that the Bates girls used to wear.

And I just saw previews for next week's episode. Fuck you Michelle. So she gets to go to her class reunion and meet her classmates and friends while her daughters and sons didn't get the same chance she did. She was a cheerleader, dated, had friends, kissed didn't have a chaperone, yet her kids have to raised in a cult. Then she takes about her bulimia and how she overcame it. I wonder what her kids think about mommy and daddy sinning and why can't they sin as well.

I really think most, if not all, are lucky they don't get as many chances to fall under sin. They are on an expressway to Heaven with only a few potential potholes to pray their way around on the way there!

Anyone else feel like JB can't be any more obvious how much he wants JD to get married. The episode the other night had what felt like a 5 minute long eharmony commercial for him. "He's not courting anyone now... but I bet he will be soon!" With that big stupid grin. Ugh.

JB was so obvious it smelled all the way to Canada

Savannah Georgia that is where Ben and jessa are off to for Jessa to impart her wisdom about marriage :cracking-up: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

where are the spies ?

Spies - we need you :D

I really think most, if not all, are lucky they don't get as many chances to fall under sin. They are on an expressway to Heaven with only a few potential potholes to pray their way around on the way there!

herein lies one of my main issues with the Christian g-d. I can not wrap my head around a g-d that creates a world and human beings with free will and then "makes you"* join a cult just to get to heaven easily. A g-d, supposedly a father figure, who would want his(her) people to suffer and anguish and FEAR him. It just doesn’t compute in my head. I count my self as an agnostic Jew, but if I’m wrong, I’m confident I don’t want to go wherever it is that Duggers g-d is.

*as far as the Duggers are concerned, not all Christians.

I count 6 little heads, 4 lost girls and Bin’s lil sis, who’s the 6th?

Is anyone else finding this season of 19 Kids and Counting to be horribly boring? I suppose it shouldn't be--Jessa is getting married (but of course we've seen that in people magazine), Jill is pregnant, and Anna is about to announce she's pregnant. But, if I have to watch Michelle pretend to use machinery one more time...

Is it just me? Or is it dull after last season?

I count 6 little heads, 4 lost girls and Bin’s lil sis, who’s the 6th?

There's only four girls in that picture. You're counting reflections, which is understandable bc the angle is really weird plus the mirrors are angled and there's multiples of them. I couldn't figure out how the reflections were working either. The girl with the dark brown hair in the pink dress is a Seewald. The one next to her, with the braid in her hair, is also a Seewald I believe. (We see her face in the reflection of the mirror) The girl we can see facing us, with her leg up, is Jordyn. I think. The one who is completely turned to us is either Jennie or Hannie. It's her elbow that we see reflected in the far left. Josie isn't in this picture.

Archived