IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting - Season 10 - Duggar Snark Part 2

happy atheist

FWIW, I've been training at pretty high volume for three years. I am relatively lean - not 6pack lean, but aesthetically, I like what I see in the mirror. I have never had amennorhea.

As another FWIW, I'm a runner/cardio person. A couple years ago, stress made me sickly thin (like, 5'10" and 121 pounds thin) while I was still running and cycling regularly. I never got ammenorhea either. While some women may get ammenorhea before others do, I think when you see a slender but healthy looking young woman who works out semi-casually a few times a week, you can pretty much assume that's not the case with her.

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember the "funny" prank call he made about kids being abducted or similar--iirc the Bates were involved> Long time ago.

That remains one of the most vile examples of a "prank" amongst friends I've ever seen. In no way is kidnapping a joke. It was the Bates family. They were on their way to visit the Duggars and Boob and some boys saw them at a gas station and didn't let the Bateses see them. Boob (I believe it was him, but maybe it was JD) drive off in their van with children in it and scared the bejesus out of Gil and Kelly. Not fucking funny.

As another FWIW, I'm a runner/cardio person. A couple years ago, stress made me sickly thin (like, 5'10" and 121 pounds thin) while I was still running and cycling regularly. I never got ammenorhea either. While some women may get ammenorhea before others do, I think when you see a slender but healthy looking young woman who works out semi-casually a few times a week, you can pretty much assume that's not the case with her.

agree with both of you. When I coached the girls that got ammenorhea had just started their cycle and then ran XC and track and all the time between so I think that factored into them getting it when they were teenagers.

I've never had ammenorhea either and since I am done having kids...I wouldn't mind getting it ;)

edit to add- but at my age I think they would call it perimenopause :)

Hold up, they dress the girls when they are still asleep? how is that even possible? they 5-9 year old girls, why not just have the clothes picked out and then have them do it? what is it with these people not treating children their age? lets have a 9 year old be a mom to a 6 month old, but g-d forgive they dress themselves. :angry-banghead:

JD can’t be too much of an idiot because of his ability to pass the pilots tests and whatnot. its not easy or something everyone can do.

In terms of sickness and pregnancy...most women who work cannot call off all the time for nausea, you would get fired. I find that excuse ludicrous. Jill has some MW training and is able to rest, sleep, slack off 99% of the time. TLC is her job. I just cannot see her powering through a hard labor and god forbid, a colicky child who never sleeps.

I agree about Jill being too big for the story timeline that TLC is attempting to present.

I like that they seem to be quickly moving through the pre-wedding crap.

I think Jessa is becoming the new TLC villain, similar to Kate Gosselin. They enjoy highlighting what a beeotch that she is.

Speaking of colic, how have these people had this many children and not discussed this topic. My baby had colic for over 4 months, and it was hell trying to keep the baby somewhat happy. Gas drops, swaddles, swinging, walking, we did it all and could never just set the baby down in a crib or bassinet, but they don't seem like they could devote that much effort to calming a baby. Just wondering if any of them ever had to deal with that... It'd be nice to hear TLC ask about colic on a Q/A episode.

I thought the whole flower shop thing was weird/annoying. Obviously the whole thing was staged, and I guess Flowerama was after some product placement, but I thought it was kind of douchey that they basically expected the employees to teach them how to arrange flowers instead of buying flowers from them. And Jessa/Jinger seemed to imply that you could just magically do your own flower arranging after watching someone do it once or twice. There's cheap, and then there's just being a dick about it.

Plus the idea that you can go into a flower shop "about a month" before your (off season) wedding, with no idea of what you want, and expect to end up with your entire complement of wedding flowers is ridiculous.

Also, JimBob was not fooling anyone with that whole "we expect all our kids to know how to cook" thing. The J'slaves were cooking entire meals for the whole family at age 12-14, but Jason and James need supervision to make a couple of pies casseroles? It's obviously not something they do on a regular basis.

JD can’t be too much of an idiot because of his ability to pass the pilots tests and whatnot. its not easy or something everyone can do.

John Shrader is an idiot, and he passed.

I thought the whole flower shop thing was weird/annoying. Obviously the whole thing was staged, and I guess Flowerama was after some product placement, but I thought it was kind of douchey that they basically expected the employees to teach them how to arrange flowers instead of buying flowers from them. And Jessa/Jinger seemed to imply that you could just magically do your own flower arranging after watching someone do it once or twice. There's cheap, and then there's just being a dick about it.

Plus the idea that you can go into a flower shop "about a month" before your (off season) wedding, with no idea of what you want, and expect to end up with your entire complement of wedding flowers is ridiculous.

Also, JimBob was not fooling anyone with that whole "we expect all our kids to know how to cook" thing. The J'slaves were cooking entire meals for the whole family at age 12-14, but Jason and James need supervision to make a couple of pies casseroles? It's obviously not something they do on a regular basis.

But that cooking was MICHELLE spending time with her children! She even made sure to use their names!

On the Flower Shop: Do they offer classes? Maybe that's why they let them do that.

I thought JD was VERY patient with his dick of a father.

Leave it to Jim Bob to make an ass out of himself on the ride along. When an officer tells you to stay in the car, you stay in the car. And John David decided to go check out what was happening with the traffic stop. Did the other officer ask for assistance or was he trying to prove his special, amazing, law enforcement skills to the single ladies out there.

A lot of this episode was little more than a John-David advertisement?  I HATE the fact that they’re auctioning off this mouth-breather while poor Jana remains at the TTH as an indentured servant.  25-years-old in their culture/lifestyle is like 45 in ours, which certainly isn’t old, but you get what I’m trying to say.  What these yahoos are doing to their adult daughters is just criminal.  The saddest part of it is that it’s surely occurred to them that they could run from a legal standpoint, but they won’t.

I HATE the fact that they’re auctioning off this mouth-breather while poor Jana remains at the TTH as an indentured servant. 

Imagine the deluded young woman that would accept his courtship. I don't see JD as "steady" and "easygoing". I seem to remember more than one occasion on video which he's been shown to be a bit of an asshole. He's a younger version of Jim Boob and there are good reasons why he's not married at 25, I'm guessing. In other words, it has nothing to do with shyness or the inability to meet single women.

Jana's not married because her parents will not allow or approve a courtship as long as there are minor children at home. Go ahead, Jim Boob -- we know there are show staff reading these boards and Previously TV. I dare you to allow Jana to court and marry the man of her choice in the next calendar year. We all know you won't because your wife will actually have to get off her ass and raise her own children for a change.

IMO, neither Jana, nor JD want to court or marry while the dog and pony show is still running.

I do not think they want either Josh or Jill's lives. I think they both realize that Jessa and Ben are limited and in for a long grind of a married life.

I don't know what the deal is with Jana. They seemed to be advertising her pretty heavily in an episode a few years ago (I believe it was the one where they were preparing to go to the Waller wedding). When I think of JD I think of the photo of him and that other guy holding rifles, and of him and Joseph trashing cars at weddings. Michelle going to spend quality time with JD, by trying to learn how to use an excavator and dump truck, was just ridiculous. Don't even get me started on Jim Bob.

JD just called DimBob another one of his siblings. :lol:

Lol can't blame him. With 18 siblings I'd lose track of who's who too :lol: Besides, JB sure has the maturity level to fit into that crowd .

I find it weird that they don't even mention Jill missing these big "wedding" events like dress shopping. No voice over to say that she isn't feeling well or couldn't make it because of some other reason. She's just not there.

And I agree with a poster upthread who asked why DQ couldn't watch the littles while the older girls went to the flower shop.

Jessa's blank expression at the flower shop was weird. She couldn't tell them what the colors of her wedding were? And why not just say, "I'd like the look of just picked wildflowers for my wedding, can you show me something like that?" I'm sure the flower shop agreed to show the girls how to arrange some flowers for the publicity. And now the girls can go and bless so many other brides with their newly learned gift. I suppose the title of "Floral Arranger" will be given to one of the girls soon.

Is there anything Jessa does not hate? She seems to barely tolerate pretty much everything about life. I guess having two emotions-horny and life is shit, is a change from the happy fake smiley stuff, but she seems just soooo miserable. She looks happier in her Instagram pictures though, especially now she is married and free....but judging by some of the things she has posted, she still hates everything in the universe.

Is there anything Jessa does not hate? She seems to barely tolerate pretty much everything about life. I guess having two emotions-horny and life is shit, is a change from the happy fake smiley stuff, but she seems just soooo miserable. She looks happier in her Instagram pictures though, especially now she is married and free....but judging by some of the things she has posted, she still hates everything in the universe.

She does not like cake

She does not like rootbeer

She seems to like ice cream and possibly hot dogs.

I noticed. I guess once you are engaged to be married, you get to bow out of your sister-mom duties.

Yeesh, Jessa was annoying in this episode. What was up with the crossed arms at the florist shop? She looked annoyed to have to be there! And then when they asked her about her wedding colors, she just stared back, as if it was some state secret. Bitch, your parents didn't teach you how to be polite? And why couldn't Michelle watch the younger girls, instead of having them trot along to the florists as well?

The vibe I get from Jessa is "better than thou" x 10. That might work a little better if you knew the name of at least one or two flowers, you idiot. And I had to laugh at her idea that if the season was right, she'd just go out and pick wildflowers for the ceremony. Sure, and tie them with some painters tape, and walk down the aisle holding wilted wildflowers. I love picking wildflowers too, but even in water they don't last long.

And on an unrelated note, I am definitely tired of hearing Ben's "headcold" voice. Does he have permanent sinus problems? Constant allergies? And is TLC paying for the wedding ring, because I know Benny doesn't have that kind of money.

I think he may be allergic to hairspray. The amount they use would stuff me up. :lol:

John Shrader is an idiot, and he passed.

If Shrader took a ground test course (which I did), he wouldn't have to be a genius to pass the ground test. And with a bit of flight practice, he could have passed the flight check test. However, given that he's never flown the magical African plane, I'm wondering if he really knows how to fly.

JD, OTOH, does know how to fly a plane.

She does not like cake

She does not like rootbeer

She does not like green eggs and ham.

She does not like them Sam I am. :D

I really do think she wanted to elope. Looks like she did the bare minimum for wedding planning, doesn't care if the bridesmaids like the dresses, just have sundaes and she would have picked some weeds for flowers if they were in season. She's not into it at all, just going through the motions. I think all she was interested in was the big honeymoon trip and the gifts of course from having a big wedding.

Wasn't there some mention that Jessa wasn't expected to do the packing any longer since she was 'in love"???

I went dress shopping a year ago at David's Bridal - no, the shop did not offer anything like that. It would have been really over the top for me. Some ladies may go and get spruced up before going to the bridal shop though (if it makes them feel more confident or comfortable when trying on dresses then more power to them!) Some ladies also schedule a hair and makeup trial for the day they go to get their first or final fitting done, in order to get an idea of how everything will look together - I'm thinking of just skipping the trials because I'm lazy.

Some bridal shops don't like you to be wearing a lot of make up when you try on wedding dresses. It['s to try and keep the dresses clean.

Jill went to a shop that offers a special package that they call the princess treatment for a fee. That kind of thing wouldn't normally be offered by larger bridal shops but something a very small bridal boutique might offer to bring in more business.

Archived