IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting - Season 10 - Duggar Snark Part 2

happy atheist

I was very happy to hear Jana protest coming out to model bridesmaid dress. I noticed at the flower store sign it had a bible verse reference Mathew 3:3 at bottom. The services they use are all IMO part of the fellowship group. This is why they get extras at no cost.

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I noticed at the flower store sign it had a bible verse reference Mathew 3:3 at bottom. The services they use are all IMO part of the fellowship group. This is why they get extras at no cost.

Sooooo many businesses in the south have bible verses posted, even on their signs out front, christian fish symbol, etc., that this might or might not be true...there may be no correlation at all However...if TLC is footing the bill I would not be surprised if the Duggars are throwing business their friends' way, or just choosing businesses that proselytize as a way to spread their TLC blessing.

Is there somewhere I can read the Dugger books online with giving money to them? I would love to read the first one before this new tell all comes out.

Is there somewhere I can read the Dugger books online with giving money to them? I would love to read the first one before this new tell all comes out.
your public library

:cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

Ok, so the sister of a Police officer is not smart enough to know you don't advertise that you have left your home unattended while vacationing? I mean, that is kind of social media 101, to not give away that kind of information.

Secondly, I suspect that Ben will struggle with his weight when older. Not that this is really a big deal as most of us do, but this couple seems predicated on the superficiality of Jessa's beauty and Ben's "hotness' (I don't see it, but apparently others do). I just felt like having an extra snarky moment. Sorry, It has passed now

Nike NIke

does it count for a teenage bride

1484526_554681591301755_4467723283147650888_n.jpg?oh=d78ba5dadcf067386dbf527be9971ba8&oe=55743096&__gda__=1434945805_6599297ec6e692627369187795fb7c79

He sure thinks he's God's gift to mankind. And womankind, in particular.

I really do think she wanted to elope. Looks like she did the bare minimum for wedding planning, doesn't care if the bridesmaids like the dresses, just have sundaes and she would have picked some weeds for flowers if they were in season. She's not into it at all, just going through the motions. I think all she was interested in was the big honeymoon trip and the gifts of course from having a big wedding.

My friends are having a low key wedding. The theme is adventure. The members of the wedding party, myself included have been given simple instructions. The maid on honor and I (the only brides maid) were told to show up at x time wearing a royal blue dress. No specifics on style or shoe color. She did offer to help me sew a dress because she loves to sew and I want a 1950s style dress with circle skirt. The flowers are going to be made from vintage maps found at good will (Bride has a friend who asked to do this for her). I am making simple pie shawls for myself, the maid of honor and the bride because I want to do it (the wedding is in late august so it might get a little cold at night). I am sure the grooms men and best man have similar simple instructions. The flower girls parents have been given easier instructions the girls need to be there at x time wearing whatever nice dress they own. I tried to convince her to have a ring bearer dressed as Bilbo, Frodo or a ring wraith but she said that was making things too complicated after laughing at the idea. Attendance will be under 100 including family. They are not asking for gifts but I think packs of magic cards and board games will be appreciated. I might suggest a group of us get together and buy the bride a surger or nice sewing machine because I know she would love it.

FYI, I use to tip them in magic card packs when they delivered pizza to my dorm (asked before I started that tradition). They were the best tips ever.

If Jill did not care about her wedding then why did she make a big deal about the brides maids dresses and loads of other things? She could have said to the brides maids and groomsmen here is your budget, here is the color pick out what you like. Instead, she picked a random dress online and forced all of the brides mades to wear them even if they were not a good fit. She could have given the florist her wedding colors and pointed out a kinds flowers she liked. She could have purchased hot dogs from sams club and had a horde of volunteers cook them up. She is a control freak who is trying to play it off like she just wants something simple when all she wants is for everything to be her way. There are so many things she could do to make this simple and enjoyable for all. Instead, she is turning it into a big production on how she wants to keep it simple and modest and so on.

on their tv schedule does anyone else have a different program at 19's regular time on Tuesday? ie the first one - but then at the later time it is on again ?

Ok, so the sister of a Police officer is not smart enough to know you don't advertise that you have left your home unattended while vacationing? I mean, that is kind of social media 101, to not give away that kind of information.

Secondly, I suspect that Ben will struggle with his weight when older. Not that this is really a big deal as most of us do, but this couple seems predicated on the superficiality of Jessa's beauty and Ben's "hotness' (I don't see it, but apparently others do). I just felt like having an extra snarky moment. Sorry, It has passed now

Just clarifyin - JD is not a police officer. He is a constable, an elected official.

http://www.arconstableassociation.com/washington/

But yeah, it's not too smart to advertise that you are gone from your home.

Is it just me or is JB desperately trying to marry off JD? That last episode was like an EHarmony commercial. "He's not dating. Not in a courtship. But I bet he will be soon!" *Wink wink, stupid grin*

yes

Have I told you today how brilliant you are :worship: :worship:

I am short and petite so HELL YES

Jessa is not bright and lacks common sense-

Either that or she just does not give an EFF about anything or anyone except herself.

I agree about Ben and his weight. She might also-

Michelle and JB both have struggled in that area.

I think his parents need to leave him alone. It's possible that he doesn't have any interest in being married at the moment or at all. Maybe he wants to save up so he can provide a decent life for his wife and family. Whatever his reasons, I think its really sad that they seem to be pushing so hard - it should be his decision.

Some bridal shops don't like you to be wearing a lot of make up when you try on wedding dresses. It['s to try and keep the dresses clean.

Good point!

The more they scream and refer to "modest" the more attention it actually brings.

I think they know it. The weirder the outfit or footwear, especially if neither is venue appropriate[ think flipflops on a dairy farm], the more attention it brings. How is that modest?

They stress an emphasis on countenance. Can anyone explain how focusing on one's face is not vain? How does that dovetail with modesty?

Attention seeking behaviors are not modest. Having a TV show that is shown ww is not modest.

The more they scream and refer to "modest" the more attention it actually brings.

I think they know it. The weirder the outfit or footwear, especially if neither is venue appropriate[ think flipflops on a dairy farm], the more attention it brings. How is that modest?

They stress an emphasis on countenance. Can anyone explain how focusing on one's face is not vain? How does that dovetail with modesty?

Attention seeking behaviors are not modest. Having a TV show that is shown ww is not modest.

yes - this endlessly discussing modesty is starting to grate on my nerves :D

:worship: :worship:

She will not eat them in Josh and Anna's moldy old house,

She will not eat them with a mouse...

She will not eat them in the truck,

Because she just don't give a. . . :lol:

yes - this endlessly discussing modesty is starting to grate on my nerves :D

:worship: :worship:

I partially blame the interviewers. I mean, we all know TLC is the media epicenter for in-depth, thoughtful discussions on politics, religion, current events, and worldwide cultures...:roll:

Remember, this is the station that has multiple television shows dedicated to toilet babies (I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant, and, well, Anna and sweet baby Michael). My guess is they love to repeat questions about side hugs, hand sex, modesty, and wedding nights because they have the collective interest of a horny 15-year-old, forever stuck at Christian summer camp. The Duggars are then paid to answer one-dimensional questions. And everybody is made dumber in the process.

To another point: JB knows a courtship and/or another baby needs to happen for the next season. The bar has been raised with all the recent Duggar action. Otherwise, the TLC well dries up. Their slot could easily be filled with another little person show, or mama June might start dating decent, 24-hour dippers like Sugar Bear (?) again, so we'll need to catch all of those farts and government assistance fleecing once more...

My friends are having a low key wedding. The theme is adventure. The members of the wedding party, myself included have been given simple instructions. The maid on honor and I (the only brides maid) were told to show up at x time wearing a royal blue dress. No specifics on style or shoe color. She did offer to help me sew a dress because she loves to sew and I want a 1950s style dress with circle skirt. The flowers are going to be made from vintage maps found at good will (Bride has a friend who asked to do this for her). I am making simple pie shawls for myself, the maid of honor and the bride because I want to do it (the wedding is in late august so it might get a little cold at night). I am sure the grooms men and best man have similar simple instructions. The flower girls parents have been given easier instructions the girls need to be there at x time wearing whatever nice dress they own. I tried to convince her to have a ring bearer dressed as Bilbo, Frodo or a ring wraith but she said that was making things too complicated after laughing at the idea. Attendance will be under 100 including family. They are not asking for gifts but I think packs of magic cards and board games will be appreciated. I might suggest a group of us get together and buy the bride a surger or nice sewing machine because I know she would love it.

FYI, I use to tip them in magic card packs when they delivered pizza to my dorm (asked before I started that tradition). They were the best tips ever.

If Jill did not care about her wedding then why did she make a big deal about the brides maids dresses and loads of other things? She could have said to the brides maids and groomsmen here is your budget, here is the color pick out what you like. Instead, she picked a random dress online and forced all of the brides mades to wear them even if they were not a good fit. She could have given the florist her wedding colors and pointed out a kinds flowers she liked. She could have purchased hot dogs from sams club and had a horde of volunteers cook them up. She is a control freak who is trying to play it off like she just wants something simple when all she wants is for everything to be her way. There are so many things she could do to make this simple and enjoyable for all. Instead, she is turning it into a big production on how she wants to keep it simple and modest and so on.

That wedding sounds awesome! Seriously, can I come dressed as a Ringwraith?!

I'm not really sure why Jessa went for the big wedding or why she appears to be uninterested in planning. It could be, as others have suggested, that she felt as if she had no choice or that she figured more guests would mean more presents. Also possible is that she really just didn't care about anything wedding related and just wanted to get things done so she wouldn't have to think about it.

The bolded, especially, rang true for me - having a large number of guests with a firm budget in mind makes things difficult, but you can still do things to make your guests comfortable. I mean, even something as simple as offering bottled water in addition to the sugary drinks would have been a good start (at both weddings).

This is backtracking a little, and I haven't seen it mentioned; but did anybody else see some of the Maxwells at Jill's wedding?

When Jim Bob was greeting guests as they arrived, John, Jesse and Anna (I think) walked in. The two brothers greeted him and shook his hand while Anna slipped by, trying to avoid the camera, in my opinion.

The Duggar's large guest lists kind of baffle me. They don't know all these people that well, do they? How do they decide who makes the cut?

I actually got the impression from the way JB talked that JD is already seeing someone. A "special friend" if you will. He said something like JD isn't in a relationship, but then backtracked and said he wasn't in a courtship. The specific word change made me feel like he was trying to be factually true but not give it away.

This is backtracking a little, and I haven't seen it mentioned; but did anybody else see some of the Maxwells at Jill's wedding?

When Jim Bob was greeting guests as they arrived, John, Jesse and Anna (I think) walked in. The two brothers greeted him and shook his hand while Anna slipped by, trying to avoid the camera, in my opinion.

The Duggar's large guest lists kind of baffle me. They don't know all these people that well, do they? How do they decide who makes the cut?

And were any Duggars invited to the recent Maxwell wedding? If so, did they attend?

well smuggar has been gross since forever imo - so if that is true - ugh for those ladies

and ROFL I love that :D

I can *sort of* corroborate this/stir the pot a little :stir-pot: , but I had tons of friends who went to U of A in Fayetteville 6ish years ago and it was pretty much an open secret that Smuggar was a regular at strip clubs in town. I know people who claim to have seen him in some unsavory places even after he was married. I hadn't even really heard of 19KAC at that point, so it didn't mean a lot to me then.

Of course, this is all unsubstantiated, but I'm inclined to believe it.

Duggars.tumblr said Jessa's wedding would air the 24th. I thought it was funny that they called it the "All About Jessa" episodes...and it's on Jill's due date. :D

They're probably hoping Jill delivers early so they can squeeze a "very special announcement" and wedding episode into the same week. But I guess people can let up on the "Jill keeps upstaging Jessa" comments if Jessa's wedding airs the day Jill's first child is born LOL.

I can *sort of* corroborate this/stir the pot a little :stir-pot: , but I had tons of friends who went to U of A in Fayetteville 6ish years ago and it was pretty much an open secret that Smuggar was a regular at strip clubs in town. I know people who claim to have seen him in some unsavory places even after he was married. I hadn't even really heard of 19KAC at that point, so it didn't mean a lot to me then.

Of course, this is all unsubstantiated, but I'm inclined to believe it.

I wonder if he tipped the strippers with Ray Comfort's million dollar bills.

Archived