IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Snark for Season 10

MatthewDuggar

That is odd. Did she have morning sickness? That may explain her having to stay at home. A bridal shop would be an awful place to have to get to a bathroom quickly to throw up. And the engagement took place out of town in the heat of summer. Seems like they would have acknowledged this if that had been the case, though. We know these folks don't shy away from sharing pregnancy news or puke any chance they get.

I'd bet anything Jill wasn't there for the same reason she wasn't at Jessa's proposal. It's very likely TLC didn't want Jill there because it interferes with their ability to manipulate the Duggar timeline. I'm sure they knew the time manipulation it the premiere looked rediculous.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like they are intentionally showing more of Michelle interacting with the kids. Seems like they have heard the comments that she is disconnected and also compared unfavorably to Kelly, so now they are managing up Michelle this season.

Jill is "tutoring" James in "school." ANd then they are picking up Derrick! YAY! She does multiplication flashcards. He gets 12x11 = 132

Don't you learn this in third grade

Noticed when the gang all trooped in to the bridal shop, the clerk asked if they were there for an apt and Michelle jumps right in, " Yes, we are!" I do believe Jessa can speak for herself...

I feel like they are intentionally showing more of Michelle interacting with the kids. Seems like they have heard the comments that she is disconnected and also compared unfavorably to Kelly, so now they are managing up Michelle this season.

which means more of Michelle :D

:cracking-up:

Isn't James twelve or thirteen? He should be way beyond multiplication tables and maybe getting into algebra. :? Oh, who am I kidding? The SOTDRT doesn't go beyond basic arithmetic.

14 this year. He'd be in the 8th grade if he didn't live in the Twilight Zone.

14 this year. He'd be in the 8th grade if he didn't live in the Twilight Zone.

Why is Jilly tutoring him, anyway? Shouldnt he be HOME, on a computer, completing actual school tasks? Considering that J'chelle fawns about how her perfect homeskooled kids are so advanced, he should be doing more complicated math than basic memorization.

Jill is "tutoring" James in "school." ANd then they are picking up Derrick! YAY! She does multiplication flashcards. He gets 12x11 = 132

Don't you learn this in third grade

My kindergarten-age granddaughter was doing some multiplication this year. Now it wasn't part of the K-5 curriculum, but they were doing some addition and subtraction. Granddaughter was just learning this on her own.

My kindergarten-age granddaughter was doing some multiplication this year. Now it wasn't part of the K-5 curriculum, but they were doing some addition and subtraction. Granddaughter was just learning this on her own.

My 7 year old cousin is doing that at school. But yes, homeschool is sooooooo gooooooooood

Why is Jilly tutoring him, anyway? Shouldnt he be HOME, on a computer, completing actual school tasks? Considering that J'chelle fawns about how her perfect homeskooled kids are so advanced, he should be doing more complicated math than basic memorization.

They used to brag about how homeschooling made their kids more advanced. Several years ago, they did an about-face and claimed that most of their kids had learning disorders.

They used to brag about how homeschooling made their kids more advanced. Several years ago, they did an about-face and claimed that most of their kids had learning disorders.

I don't think homeschooling itself is a bad thing. I'd have liked to have done it myself if I didn't have to work 10 hours a day to keep the kiddies fed and clothed. But that's the thing. You need the time and the ability to be consistent.

I don't know much about James Duggar, but I do know that he is in the pack of boys who have always seemed the most neglected, has been shown on the show dodging his school work (hiding books, was it?), and has spent an extraordinary amount of his young life traveling in a noisy, crowded bus to places where he can be pimped out politically or financially by his parents.

"Learning disorders", my arse. The younger kids have never had a chance.

Did anyone else think it was weird that Jill didn't go dress shopping or take part in the engagement? Maybe there is something to the feud speculation?

I'm thinking that one of the two theories already proposed already are correct:

1. TLC decided to keep her out because her pregnant belly could screw up the timeline - people noticed how her belly appeared to change sizes in the premiere, so it's possible.

2. Jill had morning sickness and made the decision that she wouldn't go. If the episode showed things correctly then she may have been at the TTH when she got sick and decided to stay there instead of taking the risk of being sick at the shop. Or it's possible that she was getting sick at home and decided not to risk making the drive down.

If Michelle had originally intended to leave Josie at home, who was going to watch Josie? Ben????

I am glad that GM Mary was included.

It cant be coincidental that Josie is wearing the same dress as last week. So, she either wore the same dress TO the sleepover and FROM the sleepover and then again (without michelle or the camera crew noticing) to the dress shop, or they all were shot on the same day and they're playing shenanigans.

I'm guessing shenanigans. Considering that Michelle didnt have child care plans for Josie she likely expected Jilly bean to watch her and the sleepover ended early, requiring the littles to come to the dress shop.

Haven't watched yet, but comments from the recaps...

1. The show has never been honest about the timeline. Back in Season 1 Josh showed us he was staying in the Keller's camper and we saw the photo pillow before the photo was supposedly taken....

2. They've been trying to show Michelle doing ANYTHING like a normal mother for many seasons now--they read and reply to every criticism except those on P.D.A.

3. James and times tables--meh. Some kids are not star students. Doesn't mean when he's 18 he won't know his times tables. He's been shown to have very little self-control so may finally be sitting still long enough to master something. I give him a pass on this. They are now supposedly using Teaching Textbooks for math which is an OUTSTANDING program no matter your faith or thoughts on homeschooling. I think its far less worrying than the babyish way Jackson speaks.

4. John David as some sort of a cop....I WILL watch this. Imagine he's working UNDER someone who could be female and could be a non-believer. I wonder if HE grew a pair and said "Deal with it Dad."

5. I can't stand when men say "we're pregnant." Yeah, your seconds of involvement qualify you to say that? No.

I don't think homeschooling itself is a bad thing. I'd have liked to have done it myself if I didn't have to work 10 hours a day to keep the kiddies fed and clothed. But that's the thing. You need the time and the ability to be consistent.

I don't know much about James Duggar, but I do know that he is in the pack of boys who have always seemed the most neglected, has been shown on the show dodging his school work (hiding books, was it?), and has spent an extraordinary amount of his young life traveling in a noisy, crowded bus to places where he can be pimped out politically or financially by his parents.

"Learning disorders", my arse. The younger kids have never had a chance.

Agree. I did a bit of research on home schooling last year. The vast majority of home schooled kids are at least a grade ahead. It's definitely not a bad thing. The problem is that the Duggars aren't home schooling with the right material/for the right reasons. They are using Gothard-approved courses and doing it to prevent outside influences from touching their precious blessings. IMO Michelle is way too lazy to actually care about their schooling because she figures they won't go to college anyway.

Fun fact: Most moms that home school have a college degree.

Actually, they DO use real homeschool materials. The Gothard WISDOM booklets are only a PORTION of it. They have previously used Switched on Schoolhouse which is similar to a mediocre public school program. Nothing inspiring but nothing "wrong." They've begun using Teaching Textbooks for some levels of math, I believe--it is an excellent program. I'm not a Duggar defender, but it is important to be accurate. The kids DO get much more than just the idiotic Wisdom Booklets. Now back to our regularly scheduled snark.

Actually, they DO use real homeschool materials. The Gothard WISDOM booklets are only a PORTION of it. They have previously used Switched on Schoolhouse which is similar to a mediocre public school program. Nothing inspiring but nothing "wrong." They've begun using Teaching Textbooks for some levels of math, I believe--it is an excellent program. I'm not a Duggar defender, but it is important to be accurate. The kids DO get much more than just the idiotic Wisdom Booklets. Now back to our regularly scheduled snark.

Their version of homeschooling really bothers me on so many levels. It's almost as if they think it's hilarious to be ignorant of everything. Back when Josh and Anna were engaged, they went to Italian restaurant and laughed at how they couldn't read the menu. JB's answer to everything he doesn't know - which is almost everything - is "god made it that way". No one ever bothers to say "I don't know. Let's find out together." Your children will respect you so much more if you admit the truth rather than make up some bullshit lie.

I missed last nights episodes but after reading the recaps, I don't think I missed anything. Next week should be interesting though, with JD in a badge?! Just a note, you realize that anyone can buy those things, right? It's not terribly difficult to buy them online.

New Jilly phrase of the season.....We were married four weeks before we found out we were expecting a baby. :dead-horse:

Needs to be a post count caption!!!!

Something that I noticed was that Ben seems to be jealous and posessive. He basically said the dress had to be modest Becuase he would be jealous. I mean why not "jessa would be beautiful in anything" or " i can't wait to walk down the aisle with her" or " I hope she likes it or feels comfortable". I mean it's like if anyone looks at jessa it's her fault because she's not modest enough.

Then I never heard about the confirmed learnin disorders. Last I checked they were doing so well in homeschool and had perfect grades.SODRT is the greatest

No Derrick you're not pregnant Jill is

The whole chaperone thing is annoying these people are adults young adults but still adults non the less

Wow we never heard you had modesty standard or prefer to get married after 5 in a half dates.

Finally did anyone see the pill bottle Michelle had?

The thing with homeschooling, no matter the program is you have to consistently do it. I do not believe the Duggars consistently HS all of the kids who are still in school.

IMO, the Duggars do not value even basic education-

Lazy-

The only learning disorder the Duggars have is called "Gothardism," which has been proven to dull the intellect and lead to insufferable smugness and chronic mush mouth.

Archived