IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Snark for Season 10

MatthewDuggar

Speaking of Duggar Trips, it seems like it has been a long time since they took a big trip. Yes, they went on their "mission" trip a few months ago, and maybe that will be on the show, but other than that I don't think they have done a big, whole family trip in awhile, have they?

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't know how the show keeps going. They're boring. Unless you're a Duggar thumper. Jim Bob is going to have to let Jana court, or let a Duggar kid break a rule like getting a real job or going to real school.

I just don't know how the show keeps going. They're boring. Unless you're a Duggar thumper. Jim Bob is going to have to let Jana court, or let a Duggar kid break a rule like getting a real job or going to real school.

They are indeed boring. I can't see more courtings/weddings being very interesting and I don't think grandchildren can substitute for Mullet having her own kids - both for her and the viewers.

The Smuggars can pile up as many as they possibly can, but there is nothing interesting about a 20 something couple with 4 or 5 or 6 kids living in a big house in a DC suburb. Maybe if one of their kids is born with dwarfism they can get their own TLC show, but otherwise there's nothing happening there. And TLC needs to be very careful about Josh's job.

So I agree, for the show to continue much longer something actually interesting has to happen. Someone needs to move out on his/her own (Clown College doesn't count), or start dating outside of courtship or do something that would be perceived as rebellious. Even if it's staged for the sake of saving the show.

I had grown tired of them about five years ago since it was nothing but tooth removals, jb n m smooching, fake fun with famy, loading and unloading the bus and pretty much nothing else. I think what kept the show going for a while was josie. Then when she looked like she was going to make it, they had to send the entire brood on expensive tours around the world (where jimbob made an idiot of himself everywhere). I too don't know what keeps them going, are the ratings doing really that well?

going back a few pages here, where someone commented on Ben insisting Jessa's dress be modest because he is jealous. And then of course, she looks at him and smiles.

You could see she enjoyed the idea of him being jealous. This reminded me of young HS age girls, who mistake Jealousy as a complement (ie, He must really love me), instead of what it really is, Control and possessiveness.

True, Ben is young and he will hopefully grow out of such immature feelings, but if not, Jealousy as a character trait is along the continuum of controlling and abusive behavior. I also hope that Jessa moves past the point where she finds his jealousy a complement and a sign of her being desirable. For her, it likely strokes her ego, but it is a false complement as it really has such an ugly side.

He may be hoping she chooses modestly this time, but once they are married, in their structure, he can flat out tell her how she must dress, wear her hair etc. Of course, this is Jessa we are talking about here, and as much as she might talk the talk of being a submissive wife to her headship, I think we all expect her to do as she pleases and Ben will lapdog around her until he finally grows a set.

About the ratings, the weddings have been fantastic for the ratings. This season and the end of last season has had some of the best ratings the Duggars have ever had.

but I think after a few weddings and the first few grandkids from Jill or Jessa, and the interest will die down.

There would be a way to make it more interesting, but the producers or writers of this show seem to really lack creativity or imagination.

I honestly enjoyed the show more when they showed more of the day to day life. How they managed, how they got things done. Now, it is all special focus on just one or two kids, and it is just so poorly done.

Why not show the middle boys more? They are doing some creative things with their films and videos, that would be interesting to hear them talk about how they are doing it, watch them filming something. I can't remember the last time I have seen Jason? Other than falling into the orchestra pit, has that kid ever been featured on the show? And from a production and PR point of view, TLC and Duggars are missing a huge opportunity to put the Twins front and center since they have grown into good looking kids.

The show is largely watched by women, and they could definitely draw in the young female demographic if they had those boys on there more, showing what they are doing, learning, their interests and such.

This show should be taken to film schools as an example of what not to do. The editing is terrible, the subjects of the show are shown in the most boring ways possible and the show, which purports to be about 19 kids, is really about 3 of them. Josh, Jill and Jessa. Josie was featured in the past, but even she is now just mostly background noise.

I think this is why the Bates seems more interesting and likeable to many of us now, because they show more of the kids and actually show them doing things, even when they are questionable, like hanging upside down with chainsaw.

For the Duggars, it is sad when the Sound guy is the most interesting person on the show.

Oh I miss TWOP so much-- there has been nothing to replace it, not even close. Right now I am watching The Great British Sewing Bee and I would love to discuss it. But, yeah, Howard was such an asshole.

Anyway, back to weddings. NOBODY (aside from Royalty) has to spend $20,000 on a wedding, I don't care where you live. The venue, the flowers,the dress, the food, the photographers can all be done for less, you just have to decide that you are not a princess and your groom is not a prince and your nuptials are not going to be the event of the century. This is one of these things that really gets to me because I have been to several weddings where $20,000 was spent and the weddings themselves didn't last for more than 2 years. What a waste.

It is possible to have a lovely and tasteful wedding if you choose one or two professional options such as flowers and photographs and then have everything else be done by friends, family, and other non-professionals. Also hiring a wedding planner is a waste of money unless you are a very busy professional and your family members are all too busy to help.

The idea that Jessa's wedding needed to cost $20,000 is absolutely ridiculous. They had no cake. They used the church parking lot as their reception venue. They had the TLC to photograph and film it. They had volunteers to serve. And I'm sure the dress was comped. So if that wedding cost more than 3 or 4 thousand I would be shocked.

Weddings can cost a lot depending on various factors. I'm planning one now. I would have been good eloping, but it was really important to my guy that our loved ones be there. We picked a place that we both agreed on, I spent half what I was budgeted for my dress, we are planning on our own, and have been doing whatever we can to cut costs... It's still going to cost around $20,000 when all is said and done.

It sucks. It really does. We have the money to do it, but it still sucks that everything is so expensive. We don't consider ourselves a "Prince and Princess" (and assuming everyone spending that much does is ridiculous) - we just want a nice party and to make sure everyone has a great time; unlike the Duggars, our guests are our main priority and that's where the majority of the budget is going towards. Where I'm from that pretty much cuts out a punch and cake reception at Church (we aren't religious) or the park (November in New England is not ideal for outside).

Just finished watching, Say yes, to the dress episode.

Michelle comes off as so phony. Good lord, the bug eyes & the babies comment, when taking to Bin's mom. What a kook.

Did they really need to bring 12 people to the bridal shop ?

IMHO, there are going to be major issues between Josie & the other lost girls, J'celle, favorites her. I just want to affirm and show love to little Jordyn & Jenny.

Bin comes off as such a dimwit, how can that guy ever be a Pastor/Minister ? :lol: Reality check !

The mobile is cute gift from the M' kids hopefully that is not all cheap smugs got them for a baby gift.

I so do not understand Jessa, posting all the kissy photos and yet she holds a piece of material up against her chest when trying on wedding dresses. C'mom ! They freakin march to the beat of a weird drummer !

I have to say, I like James Dugger and it is very "sweet" (oh I sound like a fundie) that Jill & Derrick spend time with him.

I do like the blush colored dress Jessa picked out. Gwen gives a very intelligent description of the dress and Jessa's personality. Amazing how J'celle can't do that but Gwen can.

I wouldn't be surprised if, over time, more and more of the littles end up "spending most of their time" with their mom buddy leader. They won't officially live there, of course, but they'll spend five nights a week there and have a room and clothes and toys and everything. I imagine Jill would almost prefer it that way anyway. As the above poster said, there's definitely that maternal bond there with Jill and her buddies.

Yes, I absolutely think there is a maternal bond between James & Jill. James is now forming a paternal bond with Derrick.

Derrick is introducing him to a world beyond tater tot casserole and James has Jill there with him to encourage him.

Yes, I absolutely think there is a maternal bond between James & Jill. James is now forming a paternal bond with Derrick.

Derrick is introducing him to a world beyond tater tot casserole and James has Jill there with him to encourage him.

I don't expect James' world to be completely changed by hanging out with Derick - he probably won't lose the beliefs he was raised with or anything - but I do think spending time with the Dillard's could be beneficial for him. He would get a little peace away from the chaos of the TTH, Jill may be able to help him with school a bit, and maybe Derick's seemingly calm and kind nature could rub off on James a bit.

Onto the engagement photos & bridesmaid dress episode.

How I would love for some rich person to give Jinger a scholarship to NYU or some similar university to study photography. She clearly has a artistic gift and it should be cultivated. It is so sad that her :music-tool: parants could send her to a good school and they do not because of fucked up beliefs that they label "Christian". It so annoys the Hell out of me . :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

CinderJana is back at work, steaming away the dresses. Free Jana !

What is with the sign/book cover like think on the bed frame "no shoes required". Can't show knees or shoulders cuz modesty, but feet are OK. (we know that cuz Gothard has a foot fetish). :brain-bleach:

Weddings can cost a lot depending on various factors. I'm planning one now. I would have been good eloping, but it was really important to my guy that our loved ones be there. We picked a place that we both agreed on, I spent half what I was budgeted for my dress, we are planning on our own, and have been doing whatever we can to cut costs... It's still going to cost around $20,000 when all is said and done.

It sucks. It really does. We have the money to do it, but it still sucks that everything is so expensive. We don't consider ourselves a "Prince and Princess" (and assuming everyone spending that much does is ridiculous) - we just want a nice party and to make sure everyone has a great time; unlike the Duggars, our guests are our main priority and that's where the majority of the budget is going towards. Where I'm from that pretty much cuts out a punch and cake reception at Church (we aren't religious) or the park (November in New England is not ideal for outside).

I'm not going to belabor this point except to say that right now hundreds of people are getting married in New York and I would guess that 90% or more don't have $20,000 to spend on a wedding. And they even have loved ones there.

The fact is you have the money and you want to spend it on this event. I think you are foolish, but I'm a stranger. Obviously you want to make it into a big day to remember. I hope it does bring you good memories-- $20,000 worth of memories.

Isn't everything just RIDICULOUSLY overpriced?! I couldn't believe some of the prices for things. You want ME to pay YOU $5.00 PER SLICE OF CAKE so you can serve it to my guests? Even though I bought the fucking cake myself? Can you just keep it in the fridge and I'll serve it my self?! Oh, and if you want to REMOVE something from whatever package they offer? "That'll be an additional fee." WHAT?! :pull-hair: Anyway. LOL

I'm not going to belabor this point except to say that right now hundreds of people are getting married in New York and I would guess that 90% or more don't have $20,000 to spend on a wedding. And they even have loved ones there.

The fact is you have the money and you want to spend it on this event. I think you are foolish, but I'm a stranger. Obviously you want to make it into a big day to remember. I hope it does bring you good memories-- $20,000 worth of memories.

I spent $35,000 on my Long Island, NY wedding and I regret it so much. It was lovely and memorable but it was just one day. I wish I had had the balls to not invite everyone.

My daughter chose a JOP wedding and took the money allotted and used it to purchase a house-

We were so happy she chose that route.

First, I don't appreciate the tone. I wasn't rude to you in my post - I merely stated what I thought. I'd appreciate the same from you.

Secondly, yeah we do have the money - money we both worked incredibly hard for over the years. We are paying for this wedding on our own - we have not asked anyone for a dime to help out not would we ever expect anyone to. Our parents have done far more than enough in raising us. We have relatively low amounts of debt in student loans and car loans and already own our own home. We don't feel entitled to anything or feel like we deserve to be handed anything.

Third, we don't care about having a "big day" to remember. We do want to be able to provide good good, good drinks, entertainment, and make sure our guests are comfortable - those are our priorities and given our wedding season and area those things aren't cheap. I would think those would be things everyone could agree are important. Not everyone knows people able to sew dresses, take nice pictures, or cook food for 80 or so people. We've done what we can to keep costs down and it just so tough sometimes.

I would have been more than happy eloping. I agreed to a wedding because it meant so much to my fiancé and he agreed to keep things small for my sake - I have bad anxiety and I've lost some family recently. We have no clue if his grandparents are coming because of family issues and it kills me to see him upset. It's incredibly stressful attempting to keep costs down. I'm sorry if I'm repeating myself - I'm kind of a mess at the moment from everything. Don't know if I'm making sense or not. It's just been a tough few weeks and the tone of your response seriously bothered me.

ETA: just wanted to apologize if this came across as rude or mean at all. I'm just very emotional right now and with everything going on in my life (wedding related and non wedding related) it's been a really rough few months. So I am sorry if this came off the wrong way.

My daughter chose a JOP wedding and took

the money allotted and used it to purchase a house-

We were so happy she chose that route.

If we had to choose we definitely would have chosen house over wedding. Having a roof over your heads is much more important.

My parents actually had a JOP wedding - mostly so mom could go on a business trip with dad for free. They wound up having the church ceremony later that year - her uncle married them. Both options are great so long as the couple is happy. Sounds like your daughter and her spouse made a really good choice for them. :)

Isn't everything just RIDICULOUSLY overpriced?! I couldn't believe some of the prices for things. You want ME to pay YOU $5.00 PER SLICE OF CAKE so you can serve it to my guests? Even though I bought the fucking cake myself? Can you just keep it in the fridge and I'll serve it my self?! Oh, and if you want to REMOVE something from whatever package they offer? "That'll be an additional fee." WHAT?! :pull-hair: Anyway. LOL

It really is! The second they hear marriage or wedding or fiancé the price goes way up. I looked into so many places that host weddings - if the price per person wasn't close to $100 then you had to hire an approved caterer. With the rental fees and catering charges it came out to be equal to or more than the all-inclusive places. Best we could do was a place in town that was about $63 per person - but that doesn't include any appetizers for the cocktail hour or anything. It's been so frustrating; I've tried cutting costs everywhere, but we can't cut on the stuff for our guests because we feel it's just wrong. I just want people happy, well fed, and having a good time. That's all I want.

wedding are crazy expensive. We paid $8000-9000 AND....

we didn't have a professional photos or videos... had a friend cater... another friend sewed the bridesmaid/flower girl dresses.. my Mum's cousin is a florist and she did the flowers... 15 yrs ago my sister paid for a professional video and photos.. and that cost $3000 back then... now a days it costs a lot more. We bought sheet cakes and had a friend decorate it and turn it into a wedding cake... and yet we paid so much! Weddings are horrifically expensive.

wedding are crazy expensive. We paid $8000-9000 AND....

we didn't have a professional photos or videos... had a friend cater... another friend sewed the bridesmaid/flower girl dresses.. my Mum's cousin is a florist and she did the flowers... 15 yrs ago my sister paid for a professional video and photos.. and that cost $3000 back then... now a days it costs a lot more. We bought sheet cakes and had a friend decorate it and turn it into a wedding cake... and yet we paid so much! Weddings are horrifically expensive.

At first glance, I thought you wrote $80 thousand!! Outrageous!

I paid $1400 for a videographer. They were there for 4 hours, which is the minimum. I didn't need them there for 4 hours since we didn't have a "traditional" wedding. It was just the ceremony, first dance, and dinner. I got an eight-minute video. They call it "cinematography wedding videos" or some such thing. And that's all I'm gonna say about that before I get all Hulk-like here.

Archived