IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Snark for Season 10

MatthewDuggar

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 3, Part 2

Random farm scenes... oh wait, thats the midwife... Theres a barn falling down...

Jill says she's having "pregnancy symptoms" but is waiting for the super fun stuff.

Jill reminds us that she's been studying for 3 1/2 years. Shes delivered around 30 babeez and is excited to be in a primary role now... shots of women in labor... babies being born with scary music.

Its entirely different when I'm the one pregnant.

The midwives are Joy Kunfield and DEBBIE QUERY... NOT the midwife who trained her ass and was planning her wedding. SCANDAL!!!!!!!!!!!

She's met Joy through the felowship of midwives. Right now prep is eating healthy, staying healthy even when she doesnt feel well. She needs to work on protein and keep a food journal.

Derrick - its fun that Jill is on the patient side to take her own advice.

They listen to the hearbeat. Derick says its fast. He talks to the baby and tells it to "come on out." She corrects him... he says "come say hey."

TH - he's never heard a heartbeat in utero, its a miracle! JIll - AH its a heartbeat and its not mine!

Michelle - anytime a momma hears the heartbeat you hear such joy in your heart.

At the midwife - They need to make a birthplan. She plans to have a home birth and reminds us that means NO DRUGS CUZ SHES DA BOMB.

They fondle a plastic baby model, just to remind us ebil heathenz that its a human being, not a fetus.

Derick - the appointment went well and was very informative.

Did anyone else think it was weird that Jill didn't go dress shopping or take part in the engagement? Maybe there is something to the feud speculation?

So this TH was obviously done after the wedding they way she smirked when she said they'd get plenty kissing pictures after the wedding.

Did anyone else think it was weird that Jill didn't go dress shopping or take part in the engagement? Maybe there is something to the feud speculation?

I thought it was weird too. Maybe Jill is too busy driving Derek to and from work?

Chaperones are to make sure that the couple isn't too close and that they don't hug unless they're saying hi or bye, except they can side hug, and no kissing. :dead-horse:

Episode 3, Part 3

Back at the TTH - Jessa calls Josh, Ben texts. They're going to get their engagement pics taken. She asks Josh to make their invitations like he did JIll's (plug for a printing business?) Ben says that having so many siblings its great to help them and save money. They never mention the date.

Jessa - in out family we have a graphic designer (Josh? Really???), a photographer (Jinger), and a seamstress slave(Cinderjana) so thats a huge moneysaver.

Jessa does Bin's hair and sprays the fuck out of it.

JInger comes down and ZOMG I SEE HER KNEES!

Joy and Johanna are coming.

Jinger tells us she's been interested in photography since she was 14 and she loves it.

Joy and Hannie are chaperoning - that means no huggin and they cant get too close. No kissing till theyre married.

They pull up at an old chapel that is boarded up. its really pretty (jessa says).

They hold hands and lean back.

Jessa tells us that normally an engagement picture includes kissing but they wont do that...

Jinger says you have to be creative without them being hands on.

Hannie says she was watching out to make sure they didnt break the rules. Its funny to see them in love because theyre all 'aaahhhhh' and stuff.

Jinger - with Jill's shoot they had issues - bugs, cars. This time they had a better location. it wasnt in the road and she didnt have to stand in the street. Jinger kneels down and takes pictures. We see a few and they're decent but boring.

yes :nenner:

HOLY FUCK NEXT WEEK BOOB GOES ON A RIDE ALONG WITH JD! HE OFFERS HIM DONUTS! THEY'RE WEARING BADGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

I'm highly amused that there is a cinderella commercial on this show...

too bad they didn't show her sewing, only washing clothes :lol:

Episode 3, part 4

Joy brings Jessa a package. Everyone is shockingly already gathered in the bedroom (michelle too).

Jana reminds us that she ordered the dresses 2 weeks ago. Jinger loves the dress but is concerned that they wont work size wise. Cinderjana steams them while everyone else lays on the beds. Michelle gets up to supervise.

Jordyn/Josie TH - they're going to wear white flower girl dresses

Jessa TH - even though they have similar dresses when it comes to clothing they are diverse.

Jessa yells at Joy to try it on. Michelle pretends to work the steamer but is nowhere near the dress. Jessa orders JInger to try it on. Jinger :pink-shock:

They order Jana to come out. She says its "weird" and "long." Its an "awkward length". Joy explains that if it hits mid calf it makes your legs look short. Jessa says that when you take up the length it will work.

Jana TH - it was hard figuring out how the dress was going to work.

They order Jana what parts need to be taken up to make it work.

Jinger comes out in the dress. They like it on her. Jinger says it fits awkward and uncomfortable. Josie throws a dress at Jessa. They will "send it" to Jill.

Jessa TH - I'm not really concerned. If you [bitches] dont like it you can send it back and order your own. I'll just leave it with Y'all. I'm not really picky, it would be nice if they stick with the dresses I've chosen but we'll see.

Next week: Josh fucks up invitations, Michelle drives heavy machinery, Boob goes on a ride along with JD, Ben designs a wedding band. Its a secret.

Buzzard- how many word do type per minute? You are on the ball with these recaps!

:lol: A lot. I type faster than I can hand write and I cant read my handwriting. I actually am slowed down by my new laptop, cant get used to the keyboard with spaces in between! Thus the random capitalization...

Jessa - in out family we have a graphic designer (Josh? Really???), a photographer (Jinger), and a seamstress slave(Cinderjana) so thats a huge moneysaver.

Again with the career titles! Josh's pissed me off the most tonight. If they insist on using these fake titles, at least back it up with some proof. I'll give Jinger her "Photographer" title because she does have some skills and could put together a decent portfolio. However, I earned many scholarships and worked 4 years for Josh's title, and I saw his junky little design on here a while back; it looked like any toddler with Photoshop could have made it. PS isn't even the main program I would use to make a professional invitation. I'm with what Ben said on the preview. Work harder, Josh!

people magazine is now recapping

:D

On this week's 19 Kids and Counting, while Jill met with her fellow midwives and had to contend with the idea of giving birth herself, Jessa continued planning her wedding to Ben Seewald.

Jessa Says Yes to a Dress

Unlike Jill, Jessa wasn't really interested in the princess experience when it came to choosing a wedding gown. She just wanted to get in, choose a dress and get out – with 11 members of her family in tow, of course, including her future sisters- and mother-in-law.

The importance of modesty was reiterated: Jessa, 22, needed something with sleeves and a neckline that didn't cut too low. Ben had his concerns, too! "I think it's important that whatever dress she chooses is modest, too. Because I get kind of jealous, you know? She's my girl," said Ben, 19, in an interview (a comment Jessa fawned over).

After trying on several dresses – and looking great in all of them because, let's be real, Jessa is ridiculously beautiful – she ended up going a little non-traditional after all. As PEOPLE previously revealed, Jessa opted for a blush-colored gown.

Keep up with your favorite celebs in the pages of PEOPLE Magazine by subscribing now.

Jessa's Sisters Say No to Several of the Same Dress

Meanwhile, Jessa's bridesmaids dresses had arrived – shipped from online and at $50 a pop, they weren't fancy, but they were cute! Her sisters, however, had problems with everything from the gathering on the bodice to the hemline of the dress.

As Jinger, 21, pointed out, it's difficult to have one dress fit several people. That said, with a family of 19 children, there are more than a couple of seamstresses in the bunch! They'll be fine.

Jessa seemed to think so, insisting the girls would be welcome to return the dresses if they hated them (but that she'd definitely like if they kept them).

Jill Hears Her Baby's Heartbeat

A midwife who has delivered around 30 babies herself and who has been studying midwifery for nearly four years, Jill, 23, had to deal with being on the other side of the table. Add to that, she was struggling with morning sickness.

Despite all that, Jill revealed she was excited to become a mom and was looking forward to delivering her baby naturally at home.

Most touching, the soon-to-be parents listened to their baby boy's heartbeat for the first time. Derick, 25, had never heard a heartbeat in utero before and found the experience to be "extra special."

Also …

• Jason, 14, is pretty much over being Jill and Derick's chaperone! Though the couple don't need it anymore, he still feels like he's in that role. (But, as Jill revealed, he doesn't mind it too much if there's food involved.)

• Jessa ended up deciding on an outdoor reception after she realized that having 1,000 people at her parents' house might be a little too optimistic.

• Josh, 26, will design Jessa's wedding invitations, just as he designed Jill's.

• The Duggars consume 1,500 pints of ice cream each year, according to one of the show's Pop-Up Video-style factoids. Does your family have them beat?

During the re-showing of last weeks episode, I noticed that when Jill and Derick announced to her family that they were pregnant, the only one of the boys who stood up to congratulate them (other than Boob) was Jackson and I didn't see him actually hug either one of them, just run up close to them. Found that interesting.

1st episode tonight ... DQ's bug eyes are just creepy.

Back at the TTH - Jill is "tutoring" James in "school." ANd then they are picking up Derrick! YAY! She does multiplication flashcards. He gets 12x11 = 132

Isn't James twelve or thirteen? He should be way beyond multiplication tables and maybe getting into algebra. :? Oh, who am I kidding? The SOTDRT doesn't go beyond basic arithmetic.

That is odd. Did she have morning sickness? That may explain her having to stay at home. A bridal shop would be an awful place to have to get to a bathroom quickly to throw up. And the engagement took place out of town in the heat of summer. Seems like they would have acknowledged this if that had been the case, though. We know these folks don't shy away from sharing pregnancy news or puke any chance they get.

Jill decides they’ll ambush her family at Bible study that night. Which they do. Sort of. Ambushes are hard to pull off when you need an entire camera crew set up inside the house to shoot your arrival. Pa Duggar makes a show of being fake-surprised when Jill and Derick show up, but no one in this family is much of an actor. Everyone else just kind of sits there.

That was so fake. Jim Bob and Michelle's facial expressions were priceless. JB looked "oh, so concerned" and shocked at Jill's "confession" that she'd "sort of stolen something" as he blindly groped to clutch Michelle's hand, and there sat Michelle with her patented wide-eyed, slack-jawed "surprised" expression. You could cut the tension with a knife... not. Did anyone notice how Joy literally THREW her bible onto the coffee table?

Jill is "tutoring" James? Heaven help us! I hope she wasn't tutoring him in English grammar. During that scene she commented that James "has been a chaperone for Derick and I so many times.... " :angry-banghead:

Then there was Derick's comment that "Jill and I are pregnant." No, dear. Jill is pregnant. You may experience sympathy morning sickness or swollen ankles or other symptoms of pregnancy, but you are not "pregnant." Funny, I don't recall JB ever saying, "Michelle and I are pregnant."

Archived