IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Snark for Season 10

MatthewDuggar

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone else see Jana's horrified face when she tried on the bridesmaid dress? That scene was the most drama I've seen on the show ever.

Two things that stuck out to me:

When they were touring the church, JB was quick to say "I get to walk her down the aisle" first to assert himself over Ben.

And Ben's comment about wanting Jessa's dress to be modest because THOSE ARE HIS COLLARBONES, DAMN IT!

He came off as freakishly possessive.

Here is the original article with Michelle talking about learning disorders.

http://web.archive.org/web/201304210726 ... lties.html

RIP Parentables. People must have gotten sick of it when it became "All Michelle, All the Time."

Or because they figured out that Michelle either wasn't writing them or that she's a complete dumbass if she can't even spell her child's name correctly.

I'm just happy James is FINALLY getting some undivided attention. I guarantee he's had more one on one time with Jill and Derick in less than a year's time than he's had with his parents in his entire life.

I was also floored that he was doing flashcards to learn what my 3rd grader has already learned this year, but he is one who really may have a learning disability or ADHD. Or he's just had no structure in a life filled with tv crews and travelling nonstop so he presents that way on tv.

Did anyone else see Jana's horrified face when she tried on the bridesmaid dress? That scene was the most drama I've seen on the show ever.

I felt bad for Jana in that scene. It seemed to me she did not want to be seen on camera in a dress in which she felt uncomfortable. I think Jessa was being really snotty about the whole thing. It didn't seem like she even got her bridesmaids' input on the dresses; then when they arrived she basically ordered them to put them on and model them. I haven't watched the show in a long time. Is Jessa always so...um...unsweet?

As far as Jana is concerned: is she going to be the next Sarah Maxwell? Are her parents forbidding her to court because they need her to raise her siblings? It makes me very sad.

I thought the girls were being big fat babies about the dresses. They look just fine and they were being rude to Jessa. I've been in several weddings and wasn't asked for input for most of them. In one we got to pick different styles in the same color, but I mostly hated the others. But I have manners and would have never spoken that way to the bride.

I thought the girls were being big fat babies about the dresses. They look just fine and they were being rude to Jessa. I've been in several weddings and wasn't asked for input for most of them. In one we got to pick different styles in the same color, but I mostly hated the others. But I have manners and would have never spoken that way to the bride.

That's a good point. After I posted, I realized we might have just seen some typical sisterly bickering going on.

I loved the look of horror on Ben's mother when Michelle says that they could be grandmothers in a year - and then Ben's mother says that she wants to get through the wedding first.

Didnt some Duggar say that Jessa pretty much checked out from household stuff once her and Ben got engaged? Jessa was the school teacher IIRC.

Chances are, Jana and Jinger do all the kid wrangling/jurisdiction watching/shopping/cooking, with help from Joy, and that put school help on the list of 'stuff Jill can do cause her husband works out of the home'.

Not having mints goes against God's plan!

Exactly! I have an aunt who makes mints for EVERY family occasion - showers, milestone birthdays, weddings, graduations. It's her thing.

As soon as my daughter announced her engagement, my aunt said to me "Of course, I'll make the mints for the wedding." I don't think my daughter had planned for mints but I said "That would be wonderful. Thank you."

A slice of cake (or a cupcake), a mint or two and some salty peanuts? Ya gotta have those at a reception!!!!

I felt bad for Jana in that scene. It seemed to me she did not want to be seen on camera in a dress in which she felt uncomfortable. I think Jessa was being really snotty about the whole thing. It didn't seem like she even got her bridesmaids' input on the dresses; then when they arrived she basically ordered them to put them on and model them. I haven't watched the show in a long time. Is Jessa always so...um...unsweet?

As far as Jana is concerned: is she going to be the next Sarah Maxwell? Are her parents forbidding her to court because they need her to raise her siblings? It makes me very sad.

Nothing makes me sadder than this. I don't care what Jana says. I can see in her eyes that she wants to run far, far away from all of them. I keep watching in hopes that one day, she will have her wish.

Nothing makes me sadder than this. I don't care what Jana says. I can see in her eyes that she wants to run far, far away from all of them. I keep watching in hopes that one day, she will have her wish.

She is a beautiful young woman and seems so sweet. Surely there have been guys wanting to court her. I really think her parents are selfishly preventing that... because who would raise those kids if Jana had a home of her own???

1. I don't believe Jim Bob and Michelle would forbid Jana to court. Maybe Jana hasn't found the right guy. Maybe she has had a failed courtship. Do you think every woman listed in "List of Unmarried Fundies" thread is being prevented from courting?

2. I wouldn't compare her to Sarah Mawell. Her father is

completely insane. Every SAHDs can't be compared to Sarah Maxwell.

3. Why would Michelle need to keep Jana at home? Why didn't they keep Jill and Jessa at home? The Quarry girl homeschools the little kids

That's a good point. After I posted, I realized we might have just seen some typical sisterly bickering going on.

And that's a good point as well. Though there are tactful ways of saying you don't like it or you want to alter it. Maybe I'm feeling bitchy because I had a closet full of dresses collecting dust for years before I finally pitched them. :lol: At least Jessa was trying to get something they could wear again, even if she missed the mark.

Ouch, the ratings dropped this week. Apparently all the hype from Ben and Jessa's People Magazine cover did nothing to increase viewership. Last night's two episodes averaged around 2 million viewers and a 0.7 & 0.9 adults 18-49 ratings, down from last week's 3.3 mil & 1.2 adults 18-49. Weirdly, the ratings for the first episode with Jessa shopping for her wedding dress did WORSE than the second episode with Jill and Derick visiting their midwife. I thought it would be the other way around? I guess people weren't interested this time to see Jessa pick out her dress because if I recall, Jill's wedding dress episode last season got one of the highest ratings ever for the show.

Ouch, the ratings dropped this week. Apparently all the hype from Ben and Jessa's People Magazine cover did nothing to increase viewership. Last night's two episodes averaged around 2 million viewers and a 0.7 & 0.9 adults 18-49 ratings, down from last week's 3.3 mil & 1.2 adults 18-49. Weirdly, the ratings for the first episode with Jessa shopping for her wedding dress did WORSE than the second episode with Jill and Derick visiting their midwife. I thought it would be the other way around? I guess people weren't interested this time to see Jessa pick out her dress because if I recall, Jill's wedding dress episode last season got one of the highest ratings ever for the show.

I'm not surprised, the wedding is really OLD news. We already know all the details.

Is it bad that I actually enjoyed the scene where Jill and Derick heard the baby's heartbeat? It just seemed like a real and special moment for them to share together. They seemed really excited. :embarrassed:

I'm just happy James is FINALLY getting some undivided attention. I guarantee he's had more one on one time with Jill and Derick in less than a year's time than he's had with his parents in his entire life.

I was also floored that he was doing flashcards to learn what my 3rd grader has already learned this year, but he is one who really may have a learning disability or ADHD. Or he's just had no structure in a life filled with tv crews and travelling nonstop so he presents that way on tv.

Whether it's ADHD, a learning disability, educational neglect, or some combination thereof, James is 4-5 YEARS below grade level in math. This kid needs real and consistent help from somebody who knows what they're doing. I'm sure one-on-one tutoring with Jill and Derick is better than trying to cover the same material in the noisy, chaotic Duggar household. But someone needs to find out what made this kid fall so far behind in the first place.

Whether it's ADHD, a learning disability, educational neglect, or some combination thereof, James is 4-5 YEARS below grade level in math. This kid needs real and consistent help from somebody who knows what they're doing. I'm sure one-on-one tutoring with Jill and Derick is better than trying to cover the same material in the noisy, chaotic Duggar household. But someone needs to find out what made this kid fall so far behind in the first place.

Oh, I completely agree. But we know that's never going to happen. Unfortunately, the best that kid's going to get is some tutoring from Jill-Totally!-Buddy.

Haven't watched yet, but comments from the recaps...

1. The show has never been honest about the timeline. Back in Season 1 Josh showed us he was staying in the Keller's camper and we saw the photo pillow before the photo was supposedly taken....

2. They've been trying to show Michelle doing ANYTHING like a normal mother for many seasons now--they read and reply to every criticism except those on P.D.A.

3. James and times tables--meh. Some kids are not star students. Doesn't mean when he's 18 he won't know his times tables. He's been shown to have very little self-control so may finally be sitting still long enough to master something. I give him a pass on this. They are now supposedly using Teaching Textbooks for math which is an OUTSTANDING program no matter your faith or thoughts on homeschooling. I think its far less worrying than the babyish way Jackson speaks.

4. John David as some sort of a cop....I WILL watch this. Imagine he's working UNDER someone who could be female and could be a non-believer. I wonder if HE grew a pair and said "Deal with it Dad."

5. I can't stand when men say "we're pregnant." Yeah, your seconds of involvement qualify you to say that? No.

JD was elected constable of their county some time ago. On other threads (or this one a long time ago?) people have said that usually this is a position that does not do much actual police-type work. http://starcasm.net/archives/282879

James is the first one to have entire life filmed isn't he?? Or is that Jackson??

Archived