IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Snark for Season 10

MatthewDuggar

:ew:

Ok - funny story. My husband can't keep a secret. Ever. So when I found out I was pregnant with #3, I hid the preg test (recapped, etc) in my tampon box and forgot about it (couldn't throw it away in the bathroom, he would have seen it). I wanted to wait until 10 weeks before telling because of past miscarriage and I learned if I told him about 10 weeks he could usually hold it in for a week or 2. Back to the story- about 6 months after having #3, I found it. We had just decided that he was going to go get snipped and so I walked out of the bathroom with the stick and my husband's look on his face was so priceless! :o :pink-shock: I think I gave him a little heart attack- like he didn't know to be excited or cry. Then I let him off the hook. The wash of relief over his face was priceless. I was laughing so hard I was crying. Shoot, I'm chuckling while typing this!

Mine couldnt hide it either(I said lets wait a couple of weeks) What did he do he spouted it out to his buddies while he was out for a smoke, when I was 4+2. lol.

Another couple friends of ours did too, but they lost theirs at 6 weeks or so... so it is obviously an awkward situation.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually know quite a few friends who saved/took photos of their positive pregnancy tests so they could show it off to others. I didn't think it was that unusual? When my sister found out she was pregnant with her first child she was so excited she immediately drove over to my house while holding the fresh pee stick in her hands the whole time, lol.

Have a look at stfuparentsblog.com...

you'll find lots of(repulsive) things some parents do on the internet...

Did she really say that? Jill got married June 21, and the official story is that Jessa got engaged August 14:

http://www.people.com/article/jessa-dug ... d-counting

So when did Jessa really get engaged?

I thought I was just imagining that part. So bizarre. Like of all things to lie about, why would Michelle lie about when Jessa got engagement? My only explanation is that it has something to do with TLC MAJORLY screwing around with the timeline on the show. They aired Jessa's engagement out of order last season when in reality we know Jill announced her pregnancy to her family in July before Jessa got engaged. Same thing with Derick and Jill having the sleepover party for the little girls. The show made it seem like the sleepover happened before Jill got pregnant when it was obvious that it took place after and her baby bump was clearly showing.

Have a look at stfuparentsblog.com...

you'll find lots of(repulsive) things some parents do on the internet...

Thanks for the link. Okay I'm off to check out that site now :mrgreen:

My 10yo has mild, yet permanent spinal cord damage, that affects his upper body. He has pitiful gross and fine motor skills, etc. The kid is STILL in OT, and has been for the past 6 years. He could even feed himself at 4yo, albeit it was messy.

My aunt and uncle fed my cousin until he was in first or second grade. Not because he couldn't eat himself but because they just didn't let go of the habit and he would throw a fit until they fed him.

That said, Josie has definitely been seen feeding herself. Maybe she was just being a pain in the ass and they needed to get ready to leave, or maybe it was after the seizures.

Does anyone else think Jessa is disinterested in everything but Ben - the wedding planning was just a means to an end for her - she didn't look like she was enjoying it

- this adoption route is just a means to an end - we will never truly understand her reasoning for anything ......

Aww, I missed the new episode. But it sounds like I really didn't miss much at all. :lol:

Wonder how the parents feel about Jessa being referred to as "The Sexiest Duggar Alive? :oops:

As for wedding planning, I'm with Jessa on this one. Years ago, my husband and I eloped. Neither one of us wanted the stress of planning a wedding, and my mother didn't approve the match anyway, so we just left town and got hitched at city hall.

If things had been different approval-wise, I still wouldn't have wanted a wedding. It just wasn't that big of a deal to me. If someone else had planned my wedding, I would have shown up for the I-Dos, but otherwise, meh. If their entire lives weren't one big ongoing production, and if Jessa wasn't a fundamentalist, I feel she would have taken the same route.

I just watched this season's premire and saw Jill feeding a four and a half Josie her cereal. Is this normal that a child Josie's age can not feed herself?

I saw that too. Josie seems so much younger than four. When Derick was pulling out the nail polish she jumped right up on the table and tried to grab everything out of the bag. It looked like they were practically pushing her away.

Yeah, they baby that kid too much.

I don't see it mentioned in this thread that on the "This season on 19 Kids and Counting" clip that there is a preview showing that Josie had a seizure and was rushed to the hospital.

I apologize if I missed the mention and am posting redundant info.

I just watched this season's premire and saw Jill feeding a four and a half Josie her cereal. Is this normal that a child Josie's age can not feed herself?

When I saw that last night my first reaction was wtf? But then as it progressed it seemed like Jill was trying to get the girls ready to go, as Jinger was on her way to pick them up. Maybe she didn't want to clean up the mess or maybe Josie was being difficult (she is spoiled, so does act very bratty. I could see her putting up a fight as Jill is trying to get her ready). So, in conclusion, it was definitely odd, but there could have been reasons for it. My best friend and my sister both sometimes feed their 3/4 year olds things when they don't want to/don't have time to clean up the inevitable mess. Kids are messy :disgust:

Good morning

we have video of a cute q & a with Ben and Jessa and

http://www.people.com/article/jessa-dug ... tion-plans

Snuggled up together on a love seat in their Springdale, Arkansas, home, Jessa and Ben Seewald are ready to talk babies.

In an exclusive interview with PEOPLE, the recently married stars of TLC's hit reality show 19 Kids & Counting aren't holding back.

"We hope to adopt a lot of kids," Jessa, 22, tells PEOPLE. "If God blesses us with biological kids of our own, it's not going to quench our desire to adopt."

Adds Ben, 19, "Kids are so important."

The Seewalds share how they are exploring the adoption process and finding out the details of bringing a child home. As they get used to living away from their siblings – Ben is one of seven kids born to Michael and Guinn Seewald of Hotsprings, Arkansas, and Jessa is one of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar's 19 kids – they also open up about their honeymoon, date nights, relationship insights and how important it is to stand up for their beliefs.

"We try not to argue," says Ben, who shares how he and Jessa work through issues and talk things out together.

"If we have a hard time and we talk about it, you just love each other so much more afterwards," Jessa says. "After a disagreement, I often feel, 'I have never loved you more than I love you now.' "

How well do the newlyweds know each other? See Jessa and Ben Seewald play PEOPLE's game of "Who's More Likely."

I skipped out early last night out of boredom so no comment there. As far as the People story, I really, REALLY hope that the adoption plans are as false as every other time a Duggar mentions adoption. Every single Duggar would be a horrible parent to an adopted child, especially Jessa and Ben.

Jessa and Ben talking about wanting to adopt doesn't concern me at this point. I always knew I wanted to adopt my future kids. When I was Ben and Jessa's age I openly talked about it, and even did research. Lots of research. I learned all about foster care, international adoption, and private infant adoption. I knew adoption was the path I would take... someday. However, I didn't adopt my daughter until I was in my mid thirties. So just because Ben and Jessa have expressed a desire to adopt and have even started researching their options, that doesn't mean they are going to start the process tomorrow. Most people who want to adopt spend a lot of time researching their options so Jessa and Ben may very well wait a few years to begin growing their family in this way.

Good morning

we have video of a cute q & a with Ben and Jessa and

http://www.people.com/article/jessa-dug ... tion-plans

Snuggled up together on a love seat in their Springdale, Arkansas, home, Jessa and Ben Seewald are ready to talk babies.

In an exclusive interview with PEOPLE, the recently married stars of TLC's hit reality show 19 Kids & Counting aren't holding back.

"We hope to adopt a lot of kids," Jessa, 22, tells PEOPLE. "If God blesses us with biological kids of our own, it's not going to quench our desire to adopt."

Adds Ben, 19, "Kids are so important."

The Seewalds share how they are exploring the adoption process and finding out the details of bringing a child home. As they get used to living away from their siblings – Ben is one of seven kids born to Michael and Guinn Seewald of Hotsprings, Arkansas, and Jessa is one of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar's 19 kids – they also open up about their honeymoon, date nights, relationship insights and how important it is to stand up for their beliefs.

"We try not to argue," says Ben, who shares how he and Jessa work through issues and talk things out together.

"If we have a hard time and we talk about it, you just love each other so much more afterwards," Jessa says. "After a disagreement, I often feel, 'I have never loved you more than I love you now.' "

How well do the newlyweds know each other? See Jessa and Ben Seewald play PEOPLE's game of "Who's More Likely."

First bolded translation: Neither one of us really want kids right now. We are secretly looking into birth control methods, but we need to tell my idiot parents SOMETHING in order to get them to shut the hell up so that they'll stop pestering us to supply them with grandbabies.

Second bolded translation: I wear the proverbial pants in the relationship, even if I'm not wearing them on camera yet. Every time I get my way in an argument and don't have to keep it sweet, I'm just so thrilled that it makes me love Ben even more.

The Josie babying is really reaching absurd levels. I understand not necessarily wanting to advertise any of Josie's delays to some extent. To me, she seems fairly typical in MOST ways of a micropremie her age.

BUT...considering the Duggars like to pretend they are open books, it seems almost irresponsible to show clips like Jill spoon feeding an almost 5 year old Josie without some explanation. Either Josie is healthy (which means it is VERY WEIRD that people are pushing her around in strollers and spoon feeding her at 5 years old) or something is wrong.

If something IS wrong, I really think they would be better off just very vaguely and casually mentioning it on the show (like mention taking her to therapy), because right now everyone just thinks they are a bunch of fcking weirdos who can't accepting that they don't have a baby around anymore. And honestly, that's probably the truth. I don't want to minimize what Josie's been through, because it is very scary, but her parents and siblings are doing her no favors by making her the princess. It is very weird how all of them were constantly expected to behave like adults at a very young age until magical Josie came along and seems exempt from those rules...

Admittedly, I know zilch about adopting. One would have to assume that any child of Jessa and Ben, adopted or not, would automatically become a player in the show. Perhaps Jessa, and future Duggar kids, will put their foot down and not allow their children to be televised. (I kinda doubt it, though). Then, would an adoption agency look kindly upon a child being raised in a reality show environment? Lastly, isn't it rather expensive to adopt? Perhaps anyone more familiar with adoption can fill me in.

Jessa came off as a spoiled brat. You should be dam grateful that your parents gave you and your teenaged husband a hime to live in at all. We didn’t need to be reminded that Michael was born on your toilet. That was cringe worthy. The mattress in Smuggar and Anna’s home was disgusting! And the mold. I’m surprised they didn’t get it fixed after Smuggar and Anna moved.

all the anticipation to the announcement was not necessary. We knew what it was at this point. Why was Jill feeding Josie like a baby? She’s FIVE years old, for God’s sake. She probably doesn’t know how old she is, because they all treat her like she’s a baby. I wonder how old the pregnancy tests are that J’Chelle has. I hope they’re not expired. Did anyone else notice that Anna said she was jealous when Jill called? Jill has officially won the prize for quickest Duggar conception.

J’Chelle is going to be throwing daggers at Jill when she’s in labor. I can see it now. Also, how did Anna know that Jill was pregnant when they called? Was that baby gift a tip off that she was already pregnant at the wedding?

And the mold. I’m surprised they didn’t get it fixed after Smuggar and Anna moved.

The mold may have appeared after Josh moved out. The house sat empty for over a year so it's possible there was no mold when they were living there.

Anybody recognize the person in the white shirt upstairs? Hair color seems darker that any of the duggars but I could be wrong.

I wondered the same thing.

Jessa and Ben Sewald adopting a child is a huge deal. Its against Gothard, it goes against the Duggar motto of makin babeez for Jebus, and sets an interesting precedent.

I wonder how they, unemployed kids, can get a baby before Michelle and Jimbob Duggar...

Zillionaire family adopts child. I'm quite sure Jessa's trust fund would put anyone's mind to rest. A private adoption is always possible if the birth mother agrees.

The timing of the episode was all over the place and it was really, really boring. I am pretty over this show. What is the point of them airing EVERY DETAIL of every episode before it comes on? And I think Jill is a sweet girl, and I even enjoyed some of the wedding stuff, but they really, really need to put less of her on the show for a while. It is too much. Like Famy, she's easier to handle in small doses.

I did kind of enjoy Michelle's reaction to Jessa's wedding plans. It was a very weird dynamic - I think Michelle might almost be intimidated by Jessa's confidence? Michelle almost seemed like she was holding back on having any comments or critiques of Jessa's wedding plans. Like she was almost afraid to say "HELL NO we won't have 1000 people breaking our septic system again! Find somewhere else!"

Archived