IGNORED

Joseph Duggar starts College

luv2laugh

I've spent waaaay too much time at the Clown College website trying to see these banquet pictures and can't find them. Would someone link, please?

Make sure you have the correct Crown College-- Crown College of the Bible in Powell, Tennessee, NOT the more mainstream Crown College in Minnesota, I think. No relationship that I know of.

www.facebook.com/thecrowncollege

PS The girl who brought the Marine date wins the evening!

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to sound like such a newbie (especially when I've been posting and lurking for so long) but what exactly goes on at ALERT? And if it's not a punishment why doesn't every single son go? Does it feed into this college? I just can't imagine them being okay with him going away to school unless they had proof that it fit into their ideals.

I hate to sound like such a newbie (especially when I've been posting and lurking for so long) but what exactly goes on at ALERT? And if it's not a punishment why doesn't every single son go? Does it feed into this college? I just can't imagine them being okay with him going away to school unless they had proof that it fit into their ideals.

Did Josh go to Alert?

Make sure you have the correct Crown College-- Crown College of the Bible in Powell, Tennessee, NOT the more mainstream Crown College in Minnesota, I think. No relationship that I know of.

http://www.facebook.com/thecrowncollege

PS The girl who brought the Marine date wins the evening!

Thanks so much. It didn't sink in that the pics were on Facebook.

According to the guy from alert, Josh has never been.

He did have that shaved head when he was a young teenager and I don't know what that was about.

Do parents have to pay for the boys to attend?

If so, that is likely the reason Josh did not attend. Josh was 16 in 2004 when the Duggars hooked up with TLC.

1. ALERT is the cult's version of military service and rite of passage into manhood. Depending on who is telling it its either hell or on par with 2-a-day football practices that normal boys go to. Only with the Bible added. Lots of Bible added. Memorizing an entire book or so of the Bible.

2. I cannot imagine Crown College having a Valentine's event like that! Are you sure you're at the right college. Even the Marine is "off." That would be putting himself at risk of being under the leadership of an unGodly man or worse a Woman!

3. Who wants to bet Joe goes off to the new campus in England? lol...

Do parents have to pay for the boys to attend?

If so, that is likely the reason Josh did not attend. Josh was 16 in 2004 when the Duggars hooked up with TLC.

Oh yeah it's pricey. Maybe he went to this quest program:

Q: What is the required age for acceptance into Basic Training?

A: At least 17 years of age. Students under 17 can receive valuable training in character and life skills through Quest, a high-intensity one-month program offered annually on ALERT's campus.

ati.iblp.org/ati/students/opportunities/alert/faq/

Costs:

alertacademy.com/alert/wp-content/uploads/2015-0Overview-of-Costs.pdf

Costs:

alertacademy.com/alert/wp-content/uploads/2015-0Overview-of-Costs.pdf

That does seem expensive at first, but when you break it down, the 9 week programs comes out to around $55 a day. Not bad if they are getting room, board and classes/courses....

I can't see the early-day Duggars affording this at all!

Cost is no obstacle. Families will nearly starve to go to the Conferences. I'm sure ALERT is the same. That's why there are so many "housing" options at conferences with tent camping even being an option.

$55/night might seem expensive for a family with 19 kids, but really, it's a BARGAIN! Only $55/night to break their spirits much faster and more effectively than you could do at home. It's an investment, really.

$55/night might seem expensive for a family with 19 kids, but really, it's a BARGAIN! Only $55/night to break their spirits much faster and more effectively than you could do at home. It's an investment, really.

$1650 isnt THAT much when you consider they likely make the kid work/shovel driveways/mow lawns for a year to pay for it. Its all about paying those indulgences! Oh wait, thats why the protestants broke away from the Catholics... hmm...

2. I cannot imagine Crown College having a Valentine's event like that! Are you sure you're at the right college. Even the Marine is "off." That would be putting himself at risk of being under the leadership of an unGodly man or worse a Woman!

Yes, I am absolutely sure that I am "at the right college."

Go to www.facebook.com/thecrowncollege

Notice that the left side of the page says that it is the official Facebook page of Crown College of the Bible in Powell, TN.

Scroll down a few entries to see the Valentine's Day banquet pics. I assume that the Marine was someone's date and not a Crown College student.

Scroll down farther to a Jan 6 entry to see a skating rink party--Nathan Bates, who also attends Crown, is in one of the pictures.

Also, why are they paying 10k for a paramedic program that won't make them actual paramedics?

From the alert website, they can sit for the certification test upon completion of the course (and completion of the state specific background test, etc)

"Upon completion of the Paramedic course, the students are eligible to test for both national certifications through the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians, and state certification."

From the alert website, they can sit for the certification test upon completion of the course (and completion of the state specific background test, etc)

"Upon completion of the Paramedic course, the students are eligible to test for both national certifications through the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians, and state certification."

Oh. Well that's not bad then lol

Yes, I am absolutely sure that I am "at the right college."

Go to http://www.facebook.com/thecrowncollege

Notice that the left side of the page says that it is the official Facebook page of Crown College of the Bible in Powell, TN.

Scroll down a few entries to see the Valentine's Day banquet pics. I assume that the Marine was someone's date and not a Crown College student.

Scroll down farther to a Jan 6 entry to see a skating rink party--Nathan Bates, who also attends Crown, is in one of the pictures.

Just FYI, if anyone's looking for the pictures from the skating rink: They're from Jan 16, not 6.

I stand AMAZED and corrected! I wonder if they had to have parent's permission to attend!

Just FYI, if anyone's looking for the pictures from the skating rink: They're from Jan 16, not 6.

Lawson Bates posted several snow day videos on his Instagram and I think I spot Joseph Duggar in all of them. I find it hard to believe that he isn't living with the Bates.

If he's living with the Bates, I feel bad for him. He leaves for "college" and instead of getting to live on his own or with one room mate, he ends up moving in with another mega family.

If he's living with the Bates, I feel bad for him. He leaves for "college" and instead of getting to live on his own or with one room mate, he ends up moving in with another mega family.

I much prefer him in the Bateses' house than staying on campus. They're bound to be a LOT less controlling.

This doesn't surprise me at all, given how ATI requires single people, regardless of age, to be under constant surveillance, lest they lose control and have sex with every carbon-based life form they meet. It seems like JB simply passed Joseph from his "umbrella of protection" to Gil Bates'. This is why I don't believe that JD is living away from the TTH, because there's no indication that they trust any of the young adults to be on their own in any context.

Archived