IGNORED

Joseph Duggar starts College

luv2laugh

I think Joseph is Jim Bob's "golden child", and if he wants to continue at Crown it'll happen. Still wondering what his major is though.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone who's brave and got some time on their hands should start messaging Crown College kids who are on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. and ask if they know Joe and if he's still in school.

I worry that Josh's "indiscretions" will be used as proof of the evil that befalls someone who leaves the umbrella of protection of their Headship.

SO I think it is unlikely that the younger duggars will have much freedom for the foreseeable future. Hopefully they let Joseph return to Crown, but that may only be because he left home before the newest scandal broke out.

I think Joseph is Jim Bob's "golden child", and if he wants to continue at Crown it'll happen. Still wondering what his major is though.

Wasn't he there to study auto mechanics? It seems like it was mentioned before, but I can't be completely sure.

Wasn't he there to study auto mechanics? It seems like it was mentioned before, but I can't be completely sure.

I think it was auto mechanics too, although I seriously doubt that an unaccredited "bible college" is the best place to learn this. My guess is that Joe got reduced tuition in exchange for the publicity they thought they'd get from being on the show. Now that there's no show, maybe JB either has to pay up or send Joe home. Then again, the Duggars were always intentionally vague about the various programs and institutions they supported, so it's doubtful that Crown would have been mentioned by name.

Someone who's brave and got some time on their hands should start messaging Crown College kids who are on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. and ask if they know Joe and if he's still in school.

Isn't that a bit excessive? :P

II'm a bit disappointed--I liked the idea of 3 fundy young men roaming free in Times Square!

"Fundy and the City" would be a great spin-off

That's stalky. Let the poor kid enjoy his college years.

Isn't that a bit excessive? :P

Thirding the concern about this. His fellow students did not sign up to be harassed by strangers on FB, etc. just because they're attending Crown College, where a Duggar also happens to be a student. As for Joe himself, if we're hoping he'll start making his own decisions and questioning his upbringing, it seems pretty counterproductive not to respect his radio silence.

That's really obnoxious. The college experience, even if the school isn't accredited, should be a safe place to grow and learn. He didn't ask for publicity, and I think it would be really crude to do something like this. These children are in the spotlight and have no control over what's shared, now they have to worry about potential friends spying on them?

I admit that I follow what's put out there and that might sound hypocritical, but I'm looking at stuff that is already out there for public consumption. I don't think it's right to invade privacy in this way.

That's really obnoxious. The college experience, even if the school isn't accredited, should be a safe place to grow and learn. He didn't ask for publicity, and I think it would be really crude to do something like this. These children are in the spotlight and have no control over what's shared, now they have to worry about potential friends spying on them?

I admit that I follow what's put out there and that might sound hypocritical, but I'm looking at stuff that is already out there for public consumption. I don't think it's right to invade privacy in this way.

I think the Duggars who aren't out there grifting or publicly proselytizing should be left completely alone. This is FreeJinger. If Joseph is living on campus or otherwise on his own, the last thing he needs is his private life disturbed in any way.

Thirding the concern about this. His fellow students did not sign up to be harassed by strangers on FB, etc. just because they're attending Crown College, where a Duggar also happens to be a student. As for Joe himself, if we're hoping he'll start making his own decisions and questioning his upbringing, it seems pretty counterproductive not to respect his radio silence.

Oh, good grief, I was joking. Gou people really need to lighten up... :roll:

Considering that multiple posters responded, maybe the problem isn't our collective sense of humor. We know the media read FJ. What kind of position does it put Curious in when people suggest pestering random students at Crown College to ask about Josh Duggar?

And without smilies, without saying "I'm joking" or in any way suggesting you're something other than serious, how is anyone supposed to know you weren't actually advocating this? Stalking and harassment aren't so far-fetched or rare that they're inherently funny.

You may have been joking, but it didn't sound that way.

Lots of people who don't necessarily post do read out here. Someone taking you up on that suggestion could make things even more difficult for Joseph and having the Duggar name can't be fun for anyone not living on the compound right now. Also as Themiscyran pointed out this site is becoming a source for various media outlets.

We want to support those adult Duggars who have left or are thinking about leaving the family fold, not make things harder for them. If Joseph leaves the Clown because he doesn't feel safe or comfortable, the odds are higher that Josiah or the twins won't get the same opportunity should they want it.

Wasn't sure where to put this, but given Joseph is going to Crown College I figured I'd ask here.

I'm curious why JB and the Bates family wouldn't want their boys to go to a college like Patrick Henry College that is accredited and more closely tied with politics and seems to actually prepare students for real jobs?

It's not like I want more kids to go to these schools, but for their sake I'd prefer they go to the more reputable one.

I've found reference to PHC elsewhere but no talk of why Duggars/Bates/Paines don't go there, if I missed it sorry and :angry-banghead: :worship:

Wasn't sure where to put this, but given Joseph is going to Crown College I figured I'd ask here.

I'm curious why JB and the Bates family wouldn't want their boys to go to a college like Patrick Henry College that is accredited and more closely tied with politics and seems to actually prepare students for real jobs?

It's not like I want more kids to go to these schools, but for their sake I'd prefer they go to the more reputable one.

I've found reference to PHC elsewhere but no talk of why Duggars/Bates/Paines don't go there, if I missed it sorry and :angry-banghead: :worship:

My guess is that PHC is too liberal for the Duggars/Bates/Paines. I'm not sure what the exact religious affliation of PHC is, but these families seem pretty set in supporting Gothard and IFB affiliated organizations like Crown. The Duggars/Bates/Paines all seem pretty anti-intellectual, and I can't see them sending a child to obtain a liberal arts education of any kind, no matter how conservative the school purports to be.

Patrick Henry has very high academic standards. The 2 kids I've know personally to go to PHC went on to Harvard for law school. Would the Duggar kids even get in to PHC?

I really hope Joe is away at school. Even being at a non-accredited Bible College will at least let him gain some life experiences his siblings will never have.

Also, I am shocked that Crown College would allow students to have Facebook, etc. as it is almost impossible to censor what is seen.

Patrick Henry has very high academic standards. The 2 kids I've know personally to go to PHC went on to Harvard for law school. Would the Duggar kids even get in to PHC?

I looked on Crown College's website and it says nothing about ACT or SAT score submissions to be admitted. Since it is not accredited (by normal standards), would the folks at ACT/SAT even send scores to Crown? I just wonder if any of those poorly educated Duggar kids would be able to attend a college with even low standards for acceptance? Even 2-year community colleges require a minimum test score.

Patrick Henry is filled with fundies, but of a different stripe and academically challenging. The Duggerlings would never be able to hack the curriculum there. Also $$$.

Patrick Henry is filled with fundies, but of a different stripe and academically challenging. The Duggerlings would never be able to hack the curriculum there. Also $$$.

I just checked out their website. There are pictures of female students wearing shorts and sleeveless tops! No Duggar child could be sent to such a hotbed of sin!

Considering that multiple posters responded, maybe the problem isn't our collective sense of humor. We know the media read FJ. What kind of position does it put Curious in when people suggest pestering random students at Crown College to ask about Josh Duggar?

And without smilies, without saying "I'm joking" or in any way suggesting you're something other than serious, how is anyone supposed to know you weren't actually advocating this? Stalking and harassment aren't so far-fetched or rare that they're inherently funny.

You know what? I couldn't care less about FJ. Sorry, because I know it's everyone's life here. :D LOL, you guys kill me...

I get that the Duggerlings aren't academically prepared for PHC and it costs a lot but I'd think if JB was really serious about his kids leading change in this country he'd be willing. I know he is too much of a control freak to let his kids actually learn and get jobs and be independent, but it sucks he won't even prepare them for PHC.

God's Harvard about PHC is a really interesting and frankly frightening read. Most of the kids are homeschooled and a lot come from very large (Quiverfull?) families. They don't allow dancing or alcohol there but girls are (somewhat) prepared for real jobs and can wear pants. Music is also allowed. There are strong ties between PHC, Home School Legal Defense Association and their doners. ATI is pretty tight with the HSLDA.

I looked on Crown College's website and it says nothing about ACT or SAT score submissions to be admitted. Since it is not accredited (by normal standards), would the folks at ACT/SAT even send scores to Crown? I just wonder if any of those poorly educated Duggar kids would be able to attend a college with even low standards for acceptance? Even 2-year community colleges require a minimum test score.

Community colleges don't require ACT/SAT scores. There are no requirements to sign up. The most they require is that once you sign up, you take an English and Math test to determine if you need remedial classes or can go straight to college credit courses in those subjects. I doubt there is a Duggar kid that would pass the tests sufficiently enough to start at college level. CC is so cheap and they allow you to transfer anywhere as long as you have the grades. It's a Godsend for so many. It's sad that the Duggars won't take advantage of it because it opens the door to opportunities Jim Bob and Michelle don't want for their kids.

Archived