IGNORED

Stanley family - Fundies have children removed

NotALoserLikeYou

I'm sorry Fj. There is nothing fair about this. Thinking of your friend. If there is anything I can do let me know. As far as the Stanley's go...yes they certainly do know how to milk this. And their friends do too.

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks.

She has tried pro bono lawyers, she has tried getting a court appointed one, etc. The court said she could not get a court appointed lawyer because she didn't live in California. Michigan lawyers say they can't help because the trial is in California. Then, the judge was supposed to order a home evaluation, but that hasn't happened and the courts are giving her the runaround. The court date to determine whether or not the sister gets permanent guardianship is in June.

She has a Facebook page and a gofundme and I have a journalist friend who is going to write an article about the situation and we are just hoping something hits.

I can't decide if Facebook ads and boosting posts would help or not.

No attorney? I knew of a case in Arkansas, the dad was in Arkansas, the mom in Maine. She was appointed an attorney in Arkansas. All of her court questioning, was done by phone..

No attorney? I knew of a case in Arkansas, the dad was in Arkansas, the mom in Maine. She was appointed an attorney in Arkansas. All of her court questioning, was done by phone..

Trying to get one. The court won't appoint her one, or get the home evaluation she needs ordered. Keeps getting the runaround.

A journalist friend is going to write a story. I tell ya, today has been hella interesting. Sister found out about the Facebook page and the gofundme and suddenly there's a phone call... supposedly some one broke in while they were gone and turned on the gas to kill them all. The police came out and sister says" They traced it back to your page! You are the number one suspect! Take the page down or else!" Then there's a fake person supposedly from sisters community who wants to help....

If any one wants the link.to the Facebook page, pm me and I'll send it to you. I'll post the article after its been published.

I've been working all day on gathering all information for my journalist friend. She's gonna write the article and post it tomorrow.

I'm a little disgusted at how people are basically posting "You can tell how much better cared for these kids are at home, because now the girls' hair is braided, not loose." :roll: Since when is that the gold standard of care?

When my daughter's teacher called CPS on us, one of her complaints was that my daughter's hair was never 'styled.' Apparently, not putting braids, bows, etc in her hair is 'neglectful.'

The other stuff she complained about was equally asinine- to the point that the caseworker told her to knock it off.

That's so ridiculous. What does it matter if her hair is styled or not? No one worries if a boy comes to school with bed head. Furthermore, there are kids who only get food at school. Kids whose parents trade their clothes for drug money. Kids who have to wait outside while their mom finishes up with a john. CPS should just laugh at the people who call about kids walking home from school with unbraided hair.

I had the same issue! Some one told DHS that they always had t do my daughter's hair. I tried to do her hair, but she would pull out barettes and ponytail holders and then rub her hair. I finally gave up after the very sane teacher told me the barettes get lost cause my daughter just yanks them out. Then she's gonna call them on Mr because of that and because we had to walk in the rain after she missed the bus.

If I'm understanding correctly, Clay is saying that a protective order is basically the same thing as a gag order. The government is doing fancy legal speak, but Clay is here to cut through the bullshit and keep it real.

Why did he black out the kids' ages but not their names? Shouldn't he have blacked out the names too?

I looked at the Bringing facebook page today. So now people are suggesting Michelle should consider leaving the country to have her baby. How in the world would that work?! Do these people think she should drive to Mexico or something? People seem to think CPS is poised to snatch the baby.

Saltwithsavor, are people in your area actually protesting in front of the sheriff station like some of the Stanley supporters are suggesting, or is that just big talk? Some people on the facebook page keep saying there isn't enough local outrage, so we need to make some noise. Let's call Dr. Phil!

Because fleeing the country to have your baby is a great way to convince CPS you're serious about making changes.

Because fleeing the country to have your baby is a great way to convince CPS you're serious about making changes.

:worship: :worship: :worship:

When is she due?

Hal sounds crazier by the day, and I still have a sinking feeling he's hatching a plan. Lord knows what though....

When is she due?

Hal sounds crazier by the day, and I still have a sinking feeling he's hatching a plan. Lord knows what though....

I think she's due in 3 weeks. They won't leave the country because they're not the sort of people to get passports.

I agree that Hal's hatching a plan. I predict he will continue to portray himself as a Christian martyr fighting against the ungodly government. He will continue to post about how Satan in working against him, but he will continue the fight even though it is exhausting. I think he'll do the minimum necessary to keep the kids, but he'll continue to push the limits. His fan club will cheer for him. They'll send him money. He will funnel the money through his "church" so he doesn't have to pay taxes. Yuck.

They might be able to get into Mexico without passports, but they couldn't return to the US.

Can you elaborate on this? Wouldn't they still need the passport ID card, or whatever, that's good for Canada and Mexico only?

Well, that is shutting the stable door after the horse is long gone. No, it is not a gag order. It is a "WTF? Why have things that should have been kept highly confidential been leaked/talked about/shouted from the roof-tops, you numbskulls?" Protective Order.

A few things about that Protective Order:

- Hal is defined as the "legal father." Rather than the "father." Is that common practice in AR? Makes me ponder a little.

- Yes, of course the names of the children should have been redacted before publishing, not just their ages. I'm assuming this dimwitted reporter got the document from the Stanleys.

- Yes, the name of the reporter to the Abuse Hotline should have been kept confidential!

- Yes, the contents of interviews with the minor children are confidential, whether they are with CPS or the Sheriff's Department. For the love of tiny puppies isn't all this just common sense?

The Judge is royally pissed off. He's going to be even more pissed off now the Stanley camp is calling him a liar.

They might be able to get into Mexico without passports, but they couldn't return to the US.

Yeah. I don't know much about how strict Mexico is about who enters their country, but the United States has definitely tightened the laws about who can enter the U.S. Years ago, if a U.S. citizen had a certified copy of their birth certificate, they could travel to/from Canada and Mexico with little problem. I did that when I took a cruise to Mexico years ago, and again when I traveled to Canada (maybe 12-13 years ago). That wouldn't work today.

Usually you can be listed as the father on the birth certificate, but not have any legal claim unless you get a legal DNA test. If the couple is married you don't have to go through those steps and are the assumed legal father. My friend just went through this when her boyfriend was filling out the birth certificate for their son. That's probably why he is notated that way on the court paperwork.

Usually you can be listed as the father on the birth certificate, but not have any legal claim unless you get a legal DNA test. If the couple is married you don't have to go through those steps and are the assumed legal father. My friend just went through this when her boyfriend was filling out the birth certificate for their son. That's probably why he is notated that way on the court paperwork.

Ah, thank you. Mind you, I am beginning to wonder whether the Stanley kids have birth certificates at all. The Stanleys have a lot in common with the Penningtons.

I've never heard of a man having to get a DNA test toprove he's the legal father, except in cases where the paternity is contested or uncertain . In my experience, unmarried parents simply list the father and he is considered the legal parent when it comes to child support, insurance, benefits, custody, decision making, taxes and everything else.

I've never heard of a man having to get a DNA test toprove he's the legal father, except in cases where the paternity is contested or uncertain . In my experience, unmarried parents simply list the father and he is considered the legal parent when it comes to child support, insurance, benefits, custody, decision making, taxes and everything else.

In my state, a man can be listed as the father and the child can have his last name without any legal rights. If the father wants to be able to make legal decisions, have access to medical records, and visitation rights, he has to fill out more forms and has so many days to take a legal DNA test. If the couple is married, he does not have to take any of those steps. I'm sure it varies state to state. Was just my best guess as to why court paperwork would list him that way.

Someone on the Bring facebook page posted that people should speak up on Governor Asa Hutchinson's facebook page. I looked at Gov. Hutchinson's page and only saw one post regarding the Stanleys. I did notice several posts about Rep. Justin Harris, however. It's nice to see that Arkansans continue to be disgusted about Harris but are disinterested in Hal Stanley's plight. I feel better about the world now.

Archived