IGNORED

Stanley family - Fundies have children removed

NotALoserLikeYou

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HOT SPRINGS, AR - A local couple reports that they've won full custody of their four youngest children, four months after the state removed them from their home.

The Stanley family had all seven children taken in January. The case started over a so-called "miracle" mineral treatment alleged to be a remedy for cancer and AIDS that was found inside the Stanley home.

The four youngest and three oldest children were allowed to go home for separate 60-day trial periods under close DHS supervision. The trial period for the four youngest has ended.

"Good news, yeah," Hal Stanley said as he walked out of the Garland County Courts Building Wednesday. "We got custody of the four."

They still essentially share in-home custody of the three oldest with DHS.

They have another month left on that trial period. The Stanley family will have to go back to court in July. It could however, end sooner.

Hal Stanley explained, "If we get some good reports from the therapist between now and then, the therapist can end it at any time."

According to the family's attorney Q. Byrum Hurst, the parents have undergone intensive counseling, parenting education and anger management among other DHS requests to get to this point.

He calls the case itself a distraction and undeserved.

"I have a personal oppinion that they probably aren't any better off," he answered when asked if the family is any better off. "Everybody can use education. Everybody can use suggestions on how to raise your children. But to have it forced on you I don't think it's particularly beneficial."

I would imagine that some (if not all) of those children are absolutely terrified of what they will face when there is no longer state supervision :(

The Bring FB page has been scrubbed of negative comments. Kristy says the site is for prayer, support, and updates only. It is not a place to debate or argue.

I guess she didn't think Hal's opinions on corporal punishment would be so controversial. I can't find that post anymore, so I think she flat out deleted the whole conversation.

So remember, everyone - people who put recordings on the internet about the Biblical justification for beatings (not spankings) of children deserve only our most supportive comments on their fan club Facebook page.

:wtf:

What an adorable baby, poor little thing.

Edit: wrong family. This is the child beating ones, not the ones who live in a fucking shithole. There are too many pregnant women who have loads of kids and CPS involvement.

Sounds like all of the kids are home, don't know if that's permanent or not. The parents have been placed on the "Child Maltreatment Registry," whatever that means (anyone able to explain?). Here's what Hal wrote on the Bring back Facebook page (I removed the bible verses since it was long as is):

WE NEED PRAYER WARRIORS!

Folks, our seven children, and now the baby girl are in our home. We are grateful and love them all dearly. We are grateful for what all of you have done to help us. We are most proud of our dear Lord Jesus who has sustained us for the last five months. But listen! Our battle is not over. I repeat it is not over. It is more fierce than ever and we need intercessors.

Every word I write here is watched carefully. For every word I write, there are an hundred I need to write.

Although we have only been charged with not being properly registered at our local school district, the state inspector has put Michelle and me on the Child Maltreatment registry. This can greatly hinder our efforts to rebuild our family. We have appealed, an now we are told that this will be a much larger trial, and thus much more stress and cost to our family. We must win this appeal! It is wicked at the highest levels and that is where we as Christians must fight it.

We need prayer warriors, specifically saints who know how to intercede. Consider these passages from Isaiah, Ezekiel and Daniel. If you are not familiar with these passages, pray that God will make you an intercessor. Imagine God looking for intercessor with Isaiah. Watch God looking for someone to stand in the gap for God with Ezekiel, and see Daniel battling with the Prince of Persia for three weeks. Brethren, that is where the battle is today. Read the top twenty news items today, and you will see that our country and world is in a huge mess. My family is caught up in the tyranny of it. We need intercessors! Bro Hal

Is someone able to verify the bold?

And hmm...perhaps that's because you seem to proudly use corporal punishment and don't properly educate your kids. I dunno, just an educated guess.

I'll be their prayer warrior, if by "them" one reads "their kids." So much for how HSDLA had us all convinced CPS would take our kids at the drop of a hat. Not even unrepentant, documented child beaters lost parental rights.

Let me say up front I Haven't seen any documents. But what I have are my three years working as a CASA in the same county where Hal lives. When you have been accused of neglect..educational, medical, environmental, emotional plus physical abuse your name automatically goes on the registry. Hal and Michele knew this early on because they are told in court with their attorney present. So this isn't news to me..Hal has a way of capitalizing in these circumstances..he hoards information and when the time is right he tells the public to gain support..in this case I believe to be financial..Michele hasn't worked as a midwife for a while, Hal does what? I think money is running low so now we see this "plea" about a fight to get their name removed from the abuse registry..typical for this family. If there was no evidence of abuse the refistary issue wouldn't exsist., as to being watched..you bet..several people are watching. If he chooses to fight to have his name removed..it will be a difficult fight because now he will have to prove the abuse never happened..his own words in the morning devotionals seem to place the guilt squarely on his shoulders,where it should be. IMHO

I would like to state also Hal and Michele mediated so they would not have to go to trial on 17 counts mentioned in the affidavit. The classes for anger management and parenting classes were a part of the deal which would leave us to believe physical abuse was an issue..the registry is a given in all cases..til unproven.

WHO ARE THE PARENTS OF OUR CHILDREN?

The answer should be simple and clear, but in our day there is a far more fearful answer. Our government increasingly flexes its muscle and proclaims parental rights over our families. For four months I have faced blatant and growing governmental intrusion into my family. There has been no neglect or abuse, according to Biblical or Constitutional standards, yet my children were taken and our parental rights have been suspended or greatly curtailed. The issue is parental rights. God did not give our children to the government to raise or control. He gave them to parents. The issue is parental rights.

A great writer wrote me recently warning me that the issue I face is christian persecution. She added that the real issue in the Gay Marriage issue is the same christian persecution in that it seeks to break down the definition of traditional biblical parents. It seems the government is using the marriage issue to redefine parental rights. Listen when they speak of legal parents as compared to natural parents or biological parents. We have a battle! The battle is for the right to be parents of our children.

Bro Hal

Wow. They are really taxing the Christian persecution excuse, aren't they? Well, if this lot end up discrediting the concept, it won't be a moment too soon.

Have to love when they have a strict view of the constitution except when it isn't in their favor. Hate to break it to them but "right to parent" is not one of them

Let me say up front I Haven't seen any documents. But what I have are my three years working as a CASA in the same county where Hal lives. When you have been accused of neglect..educational, medical, environmental, emotional plus physical abuse your name automatically goes on the registry. Hal and Michele knew this early on because they are told in court with their attorney present. So this isn't news to me..Hal has a way of capitalizing in these circumstances..he hoards information and when the time is right he tells the public to gain support..in this case I believe to be financial..Michele hasn't worked as a midwife for a while, Hal does what? I think money is running low so now we see this "plea" about a fight to get their name removed from the abuse registry..typical for this family. If there was no evidence of abuse the refistary issue wouldn't exsist., as to being watched..you bet..several people are watching. If he chooses to fight to have his name removed..it will be a difficult fight because now he will have to prove the abuse never happened..his own words in the morning devotionals seem to place the guilt squarely on his shoulders,where it should be. IMHO

Clarification request: I looked up info. on the AR child abuse registry out of interest. My source said that only confirmed abuse put people on the registry. So just an accusation of abuse doesn't put someone on there, the abuse has to be investigated and substantiated first. Is that correct?

The Stanleys apparently only had 30 days to file an appeal, so hoarding the information until funds are running low sounds about right. Hal is obviously of retirement age so is probably living on SS/pensions and such. But, as the registry seems to be open to the general public, being listed there could definitely affect Michelle's midwifery opportunities. If she ever tries to go back to that.

I think these new appeals may well be because they see an opportunity to grift more funds, but I think Hal Stanley is basking in all the attention too.

And, as you said in your next post, the Stanleys already mediated this out and were represented by an attorney. I'd say that Hal trying to prove in court that no abuse ever happened has a snowball's chance in Hell. He just wants to stay in the spotlight as a "Christian persecuted for his beliefs" as long as possible.

It is my understanding one of the daughters told DHS she was slapped on two occasions and her nose bled. I will try to find the claim..this was substantiated..thus the older children still being kept in DHS custody.

Wow. They are really taxing the Christian persecution excuse, aren't they? Well, if this lot end up discrediting the concept, it won't be a moment too soon.

Nauseating..

What are the practical consequences for a family when the parents' names appear on the list? Is it just insulting, or does it impact their everyday lives?

They think the government is ridiculously stupid and evil, so they shouldn't care if they appear on the government's bad parent list. I would be horribly offended and insulted if my name appeared on such a list, but Hal and Michelle don't think like me. I would expect them to wear it like a badge of honor - the "We're so Godly, the evil government has put us on a list!" award.

Will this new burst of prayer requests really bring in more money? I would think their supporters would be about tapped out by now. They've got the kids back, so the big emergency is over.

I must be missing something.

What are the practical consequences for a family when the parents' names appear on the list? Is it just insulting, or does it impact their everyday lives?

They think the government is ridiculously stupid and evil, so they shouldn't care if they appear on the government's bad parent list. I would be horribly offended and insulted if my name appeared on such a list, but Hal and Michelle don't think like me. I would expect them to wear it like a badge of honor - the "We're so Godly, the evil government has put us on a list!" award.

Will this new burst of prayer requests really bring in more money? I would think their supporters would be about tapped out by now. They've got the kids back, so the big emergency is over.

I must be missing something.

One supporter on the bring pag has suggested people try for 100k

I had an incident with CPS where a worker decided I was guilty of neglect and determined I needed to be on the registry. The case was later closed, but this is what went down.

Being on the registry just means that you will be monitored by CPS, and you cannot get a job or volunteer anywhere that is children based. No church nursery, no being a teacher, etc.

A social worker will come to the house once a week or so in the beginning, make determinations of what needs to be done, etc. The parents need to follow the workers suggestions. If your house is filthy, show improvement in that area. If that means you have an immaculate house once a week, so be it. Beating your kids? Well stop that. The visits will become less frequent as time goes on.

It doesnt cost anything (as far as I know) for the hearing unless you lawyer up. But if the Stanley's lawyer is doing this pro bono, there are no court costs for the Stanley's to appeal (there weren't for me anyway)

If you are still found guilty and placed on the registry, you can request in a years time that you be taken off the registry. If you have been following the plan and no reports have been made against you since, then they will likely take you off.

He's really making a big deal about nothing. Nothing the registry does pertains to him and his wife except that they have to see a social worker once a week or so and do a better job as parents. Simple stuff to the rest of us. He just doesnt want anyone telling him what to do.

Well, this is Hal's way..and will make this a money making deal for sure..BTW his attorney is "pro-bono" but charges the Stanleys for research, making motions, and for his secretary to type those motions...this info comes from Kristy on GFM and early up the thread of the bring pg.

Archived