IGNORED

Stanley family - Fundies have children removed

NotALoserLikeYou

My mom always used "tools" to spank us so she wouldn't hurt her hand when she hit us. So there's that, too.

There's also the psychological aspect of having the paddle hanging up somewhere. And asking the child to fetch it. Kind of like asking the children to go cut willow branches in some book.

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like the Stanley's have full custody of all the kids. (

facebook.com/bringthestanleykidshome?fref=ts)

On a side note, I read elsewhere that the oldest adult daughter escaped with the help of neighbors. I wonder how true, that is?

(websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?273954-AR-Fully-Armed-Sheriffs-Remove-7-Homeschool-Children-from-Prepper-Family&p=11859158#post11859158)

oh goodness. I hope the older 3 are not in trouble. I hope CPS watches them carefully. I feel now that custody is back Hal will try and go deeper underground and seclude his kids even more.

Basically, the outcome and time line are the same, or even much, much longer, than if Bro Hal kept his mouth shut, worked with CPS, learned a few things and just worked to get his kids home. Really hoping that at least the older kids are required to continue to attend public school in the fall, if that is their choice.

Also guessing that there will be some titanic battles of the wills on the way to the older boys aging out of the household. I'm hoping the adult kids who have escaped Hal will extend a helping hand.

Why were the older ones taken? I can't find anywhere information about if they used spanking.

Bro Hal has a very firm belief that the Bible instructs him to beat (not spank) his children.

It makes me really, really sad that they got those kids back so quickly (well, at all, really). I don't know what to say. Those poor kids. :cry:

I was sent to public school freshman year of high school, and it was brutal. Clothes aren't right. People would mock curtsy and make fun of my skirts. Didn't know the movie references or the TV or the slang. Useless at school. Don't understand the math. Or anything really. I cried a lot. Kids would do things like knock books out of my hands, push me into walls, trip me at lunch, leave nasty notes in my locker. Ask me to the dance as a joke and laugh. It was living hell.

A couple teachers helped me, and I showed them I was smart, and I wanted to try. I was able to catch up academically and assimilate as much as possible. Ultimately, this was instrumental in helping me get a real education and leave.

But I can see how, for some kids, public school might cause the opposite reaction and put them deeper down fundie beliefs -- especially if they believe it is too late to catch up academically. The cruelty of kids and the pedagogical high school subjects could easily be characterized as the secular world and fit neatly into most fundie worldviews.

These kids were in public school for a while. Maybe almost the whole school year? One way or another, this glimpse of public school will be life changing for these kids. For me, it was the way out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hal has gone to FB to name the baby girl. He states the name must end in an a and the middle name can be anything. It like a contest sooo get to it jingers and name that baby.

Hal has gone to FB to name the baby girl. He states the name must end in an a and the middle name can be anything. It like a contest sooo get to it jingers and name that baby.

Ima Prisoner

Thoughtful, I have always (from my lurking days) been a big fan of your avatar. Says worlds about your sense of humor!

Thoughtful, I have always (from my lurking days) been a big fan of your avatar. Says worlds about your sense of humor!

Well, thanks!

I don't know if your lurking goes back far enough to have seen the threads about our "Patron Saints," but Alan Rickman is one of them.

And so, by Grabthar's hammer, I felt I had to honor him!

That kid was born in MAY??? What are they waiting for?

Also, notice how he says "help me name her"? What about you know...the woman who gave birth to her?

Charisma Dove :? (This person shouldn't even be allowed to name her pets)

Precious Grace :shock: (My best friend in middle school had a black lab named Precious).

Charisma Dove :? (This person shouldn't even be allowed to name her pets)

Precious Grace :shock: (My best friend in middle school had a black lab named Precious).

How does Precious end in "a"?

• 1 month later...

You guys remember the baby they had back in late June/early July (can't remember which)? They STILL haven't named her. :evil-eye:

Michelle says it's because their lives were "turned upside down" and her older kids didn't like the name they chose for her.

This is Michelle. I agree that it is not normal to go this long without naming your child. But it is yet another side affect of having our lives turned upside down when they took our children. We never had any problems naming any of the other nine children. And when Baby Girl was born we named her Adaina Lynelle the next day. Our 3 teenagers were in school at the time so I told Hal let's not make that official until after they get home from school. When they did get home from school they were very unhappy that we had named her without consulting with them first. So I said fine let's have a family meeting and we'll decide on her name. Three family meetings later we realized that this was not going to be as easy as it always has been. Hal and I always discussed it, with the kids input, and he always made the decision and it has never been an issue with the kids or me.

It may not sound perfect but I want it to be a name that we at least can agree on as a family.

Until then our beautiful little blessing, Baby Girl, will continue to smile contently as if there are no problems in the world smile emoticon And we will continue to love just the same as if she already had a name.

This is beyond bizarre to me, and I have a really hard time believing Hal really cares what his older children think. There has got to be some reason they aren't naming this child. Lord only knows what it is.

Did she just imply that the teens are basically holding up naming the baby? The way they talk about their teens being a source of all their problems is messed up.

You guys remember the baby they had back in late June/early July (can't remember which)? They STILL haven't named her. :evil-eye:

Michelle says it's because their lives were "turned upside down" and her older kids didn't like the name they chose for her.

This is beyond bizarre to me, and I have a really hard time believing Hal really cares what his older children think. There has got to be some reason they aren't naming this child. Lord only knows what it is.

If she doesn't have a name does she have a birth certificate? Could it be a legal FU to the courts somehow?

• 5 months later...

Archived