IGNORED

19 Kids & Marrying - Duggar Snark Season 9 - Part 4

happy atheist

How many siblings does Anna have? I know it's less than 19 lol. She might have a different vision of growing up with multi sibs from her own family.

Or she might be delaying for awhile til Mac is capable of slaving, and the two boys would be older and more independent as well.

Anna's one of eight. I don't think they are doing anything to intentionally space out their children just Anna isn't getting pregnant while nursing and she's nursing for a full year plus not getting pregnant immediately afterwards. If they're still not expecting this time NEXT year the perhaps they are doing something but all women aren't as fertile as Michelle and a two year age gap isn't that out there for a couple not using birth control.

I also think Anna's nuts when she goes on about twins. Perhaps she thinks Jana will move in with them?

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anna's one of eight. I don't think they are doing anything to intentionally space out their children just Anna isn't getting pregnant while nursing and she's nursing for a full year plus not getting pregnant immediately afterwards. If they're still not expecting this time NEXT year the perhaps they are doing something but all women aren't as fertile as Michelle and a two year age gap isn't that out there for a couple not using birth control.

I also think Anna's nuts when she goes on about twins. Perhaps she thinks Jana will move in with them?

Yeah, Anna will probably have a number closer to her own sib set. I don't know the ages of all her siblings but they're definitely pretty spread out compared to Josh and his siblings, thank goodness. The breastfeeding seems to work for controlling her fertility and I hope she continues to nurse each baby for a good, long time.

Since a woman can only get pregnant at certain times then she might not be having sex at those times. Also Anna is number 5 of 8 not 5 of 19. So she doesn't realize how hard it might be

Since a woman can only get pregnant at certain times then she might not be having sex at those times. Also Anna is number 5 of 8 not 5 of 19. So she doesn't realize how hard it might be

Maybe Joshs crap diet is lowering his sperm count, hell.

That's very potentially a thing that happens. Some studies show a link.

This would be a hilarious TLC story line.

Maybe Joshs crap diet is lowering his sperm count, hell.

That's very potentially a thing that happens. Some studies show a link.

This would be a hilarious TLC story line.

Found hard numbers;

"Researchers recruited men from couples seeking help at a Massachusetts fertility clinic. Ninety-nine men, whose average age was 36, were surveyed about their dietary habits, lifestyle and health history. Combining that information with an analysis of a subset of the men’s semen samples and blood, the investigators found that men who consumed more fat had lower sperm counts. For every extra 5 percent of a man’s diet that was made up of fat, his sperm count dipped 18 percent. The news was even worse for men with substantial saturated fat intake. With each 5 percent increase in saturated fat as part of the total diet, sperm count dove 38 percent."

Based on that, josh has...negative sperm count, roughly.

Found hard numbers;

"Researchers recruited men from couples seeking help at a Massachusetts fertility clinic. Ninety-nine men, whose average age was 36, were surveyed about their dietary habits, lifestyle and health history. Combining that information with an analysis of a subset of the men’s semen samples and blood, the investigators found that men who consumed more fat had lower sperm counts. For every extra 5 percent of a man’s diet that was made up of fat, his sperm count dipped 18 percent. The news was even worse for men with substantial saturated fat intake. With each 5 percent increase in saturated fat as part of the total diet, sperm count dove 38 percent."

Based on that, josh has...negative sperm count, roughly.

:brain-bleach: :brain-bleach: :brain-bleach: :brain-bleach: :brain-bleach:

Oh Jeebus. If TLC made the high fat=low sperm count part of the story line, I bet Jichelle would make Boob go on a diet.

Is an exception made to the 'not spilling seed' rule if a Fundie man is getting tested to see if his swimmers can help build God's army? Would there also be an exception to the no masturbation rule.

:brain-bleach: :brain-bleach: :brain-bleach:

She's also in the centre of the screen from :27-:33, as David and Priscilla are opening the box.

Nice catch. I don't know how I missed that. I was too busy watching the balloons :lol:

The official duggar page has updated the cover photo to include derick and bin. Benessa look very tanned - if you look closely, you can see the white under ben's watch and at his neck. I guess they went somewhere sunny!

The official duggar page has updated the cover photo to include derick and bin. Benessa look very tanned - if you look closely, you can see the white under ben's watch and at his neck. I guess they went somewhere sunny!

Like Paris in November?

I have wondered how much some of these girls know about their cycle. Since they go to SOTDT, some parentsmoms** may not fully understand some subjects- such as fertility cycles- and not teach it. Or they may not teach it because they would have to talk about sex.

** I realize this isn't the case for the Duggar girl's who helped chart their mom's cycle, :ew:

I think when they are most fertile is probably one of the few subjects fundie girls know all about.

OMG, I just looked at the above-mentioned new Facebook cover foto. The girls need to lay off the self-tanner (or whatever it is they're using). Jinger looks ridiculous, and frankly, Jana and Jessa aren't all that much better.

When I was about 13 or so, I used a type of Maybelline foundation that was not the greatest quality. They didn't make foundations back then like they do now, and this one looked fine when you applied it, but turned orange a few hours later. I got laughed at by my classmates for wearing it, and once I figured it out, I stopped using the foundation.

Apparently, it's now become fashionable to intentionally paint oneself orange. :shrug:

I don't think Jill and Jessa will be doing much of that once the babies start coming, though.

I really think that a still-single Jana might move in with them for a while next time Anna gives birth. I also have said that Jennifer Hartono, who graduated from PCC in May I believe, could become the livein nanny. I assume that the Hartonos are still Indonesian citizens, so she can't just hang in the US indefinitely if she doesn't have a work or study visa (or a citizen husband).

Looks like they got spray tans to me, and it's not their best look. That would be a fun episode. They could pop up how long it would take all the Duggars to spray tan using the three spray tan booths or whatever. Wonder if spray tanning is in the bible.

I just had a Friends flashback. Remember the episode where Ross gets a spray tan? That's what Jinger reminds me off. Maybe she counted mississippilessly!

I just had a Friends flashback. Remember the episode where Ross gets a spray tan? That's what Jinger reminds me off. Maybe she counted mississippilessly!

I'm an 8?!?!?!

Oh Jeebus. If TLC made the high fat=low sperm count part of the story line, I bet Jichelle would make Boob go on a diet.

Is an exception made to the 'not spilling seed' rule if a Fundie man is getting tested to see if his swimmers can help build God's army? Would there also be an exception to the no masturbation rule.

:brain-bleach: :brain-bleach: :brain-bleach:

I guess they would just send Anna in there with him? :shock:

When I was about 13 or so, I used a type of Maybelline foundation that was not the greatest quality. They didn't make foundations back then like they do now, and this one looked fine when you applied it, but turned orange a few hours later. I got laughed at by my classmates for wearing it, and once I figured it out, I stopped using the foundation.

Apparently, it's now become fashionable to intentionally paint oneself orange. :shrug:

I don't think Jill and Jessa will be doing much of that once the babies start coming, though.

Many years ago, there was this girl who was in my cousin's 4th grade class and was also her neighbor. I suppose they could be considered frenemies. One summer day a few years later, we ran into this girl in front of the 5&10. She had slathered so much Coopertone QT on herself that she was as orange as a carrot! I hate to admit that that incident still makes me laugh.

FWIW, Coopertone QT was an early self-tanner and the 5&10 was another name for a dime store. There were some chains of 5&10s like Woolworth's, but also some local ones. Almost every town had one.

I haven't watched the duggars for years but watched Jill's wedding and Jessa's engagement this week. I have a few questions:

1) what does Derrick do?

2) how did Derrick meet Jill?

3) he's clearly from a fundie lite family right?

4) how did Ben meet Jessa

5) did he show interest in her or did jim bob direct him to her. Actually same for Jill

6) the engagement issue shows him living in some trailer...is that right? How does he get accountability if this is so?

7) do the kids get paid for being on the show? If yes, what?

Thanks in advance for any info you have

I haven't watched the duggars for years but watched Jill's wedding and Jessa's engagement this week. I have a few questions:

1) what does Derrick do?

5) did he show interest in her or did jim bob direct him to her. Actually same for Jill

6) the engagement issue shows him living in some trailer...is that right? How does he get accountability if this is so?

I would answer all these for you but they are in various active threads in the Quiver Full of Duggars forum and I'm just too lazy from an office luncheon to think of all the answers.

ok one - Derick has a degree in accounting and works in accounting at Walmart headquarters.

1) what does Derrick do?

1-Derick works at Walmart. I believe he has an accounting degree but I don't know what he does for Walmart.

2-Derick was JimBob's prayer partner and JB decided D and Jill should meet.

3-I don't know this one. I guess?

4-Ben decided to attend the Duggar church so he could meet Jessa -- I think.

5-I don't know this either but I'm assuming Ben approached JB about Jessa. See No. 2 for Jill.

6-I haven't watched but from reading here, I believe it's some sort of warehouse/garage/storage area. I don't know about your second question but he's married now so I guess that's Jessa's job.

7-No idea, but I hope so.

This is murky for me in the Benessa story.

The Duggars home church. Ben saw Jessa on TV and decided he wanted to meet her, so he went to her church. They make it sound like Ben went to a brick-and-mortar church but I thought the Duggars home-churched so how did Ben ever get to their home church?

This is murky for me in the Benessa story.

The Duggars home church. Ben saw Jessa on TV and decided he wanted to meet her, so he went to her church. They make it sound like Ben went to a brick-and-mortar church but I thought the Duggars home-churched so how did Ben ever get to their home church?

No, I think they hold religious services at some sort of empty store or something like that.

Archived