IGNORED

19 Kids & Marrying - Duggar Snark Season 9 - Part 4

happy atheist

While I would love to see Jana and a man who appears to be as nice as Tim Tebow is together, I doubt it would happen. On this board, the term fundie is a pretty wide net, but in the fundie world, there is a world of difference between the Tebows and the Duggars. Granted, I would have said the same thing about Derik and Jill, but Tebow is college educated and the women in his family wear pants, and his mom travels alone and speaks publicly without a headship at her side. In the IFBx world that I grew up in, they would be considered "liberal" (even as Tebow was admired for his displays of faith). That said, Tim's mom is very nice and personable and Jana or any girl would be fortunate to have her as a MIL. AND, drumroll, she says that she doesn't talk about her son's dating life. This in contrast to JB who would like to discuss his daughters' wedding nights on national TV.

Funny I've always thought of Tebow as a big show off. "Look at me PRAYING!!" The Bible says not to do this. I would like to see Jana get a decent guy and soon though. Its time for her to be out of the house and ENJOYING life.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While I would love to see Jana and a man who appears to be as nice as Tim Tebow is together, I doubt it would happen. On this board, the term fundie is a pretty wide net, but in the fundie world, there is a world of difference between the Tebows and the Duggars. Granted, I would have said the same thing about Derik and Jill, but Tebow is college educated and the women in his family wear pants, and his mom travels alone and speaks publicly without a headship at her side. In the IFBx world that I grew up in, they would be considered "liberal" (even as Tebow was admired for his displays of faith). That said, Tim's mom is very nice and personable and Jana or any girl would be fortunate to have her as a MIL. AND, drumroll, she says that she doesn't talk about her son's dating life. This in contrast to JB who would like to discuss his daughters' wedding nights on national TV.

Doesn't this also describe Derrik's mother?

Doesn't this also describe Derrik's mother?

I don't know that Kathy (Cathy?) does any public speaking(Pam Tebow has her own website, http://pamtebow.com/, and travels around the country speaking to women), but I agree that Derick is college educated and the women in his family (well, there's just his mother) wear pants, which is why I said that I would have said the same thing about Derick (I can never remember how he spells it!).

I don't know that Kathy (Cathy?) does any public speaking(Pam Tebow has her own website, http://pamtebow.com/, and travels around the country speaking to women), but I agree that Derick is college educated and the women in his family (well, there's just his mother) wear pants, which is why I said that I would have said the same thing about Derick (I can never remember how he spells it!).

I think it's spelled Derick, but my software always auto corrects to DeRRick.

What is is with fundie men pulling stunts to get their wives/girlfriends "out of their comfort zone"? JB did it with Michelle when he forced her to go on a hot air ballon for thier anniversary when he knew full well she was scared to death of it.

I'm rewatching Jessa's engagement episode, and both Jinger and Michelle commented that Ben's idea to have Jessa collect roses from people in the park was "to get her out of her comfort zone."

I'm sure there are other examples too. The arrogance of these men to boast about the control they have over their women is sickening!

What is is with fundie men pulling stunts to get their wives/girlfriends "out of their comfort zone"? JB did it with Michelle when he forced her to go on a hot air ballon for thier anniversary when he knew full well she was scared to death of it.

I'm rewatching Jessa's engagement episode, and both Jinger and Michelle commented that Ben's idea to have Jessa collect roses from people in the park was "to get her out of her comfort zone."

I'm sure there are other examples too. The arrogance of these men to boast about the control they have over their women is sickening!

It is seriously ridiculous.

I skipped last week but am watching tonight's episode. Why, self, why????

Okay, snark time. Did anyone else think Anna was really casual about the pregnancy test results in the preview? I guess my experience is too limited but I was definitely not just chillaxing while waiting (my experience being someone with no kids, no pregnancy, but with both inconvenient and very much wanted possible pregnancies at different times).

Its time to see Davilla in all their glory! Everyone play "spot Jana" and see if we can catch TLC in an editing slip up! Lets all find out that Anna's pregnancy test is negative!

We open with a reminder about last week's epic adventure with Joshie and the RV.

Josh and the brood are driving into Chicago. He reminds us about all the troubles the RV has had on the way there. They hope that things will go smoothly from now on. Josh turns around to talk to Marcus. Anna explains that they broke up the trip with stops. Josh says that it was important for them to get there in time - Anna says she would have cried if she missed it.

They get to the house and there is a sign on the door. David meets them in all his fabulousness and they go into the house. They get dressed for the party in their "fun" colors for the GENDER reveal party. Mike did get to wear his white shirt, but with blue pants.

David gloms onto Pris's side and says that he is going to be right and its a girl, thats why he is wearing pink. He's actually wearing red. Pris is wearing blue.

Josh says he doesnt mind wearing pink but its a 50% chance he's right.

They head to the neighbor's house to have the party. In the backyard the house is pretty well pimped out, complete with a sign that says "children are a gift from god" which Pris reads.

Closeup of a giant box that contains balloons. There is a SCARY caricature od Davilla. It, of course says "children are a gift from GOD." The letters alternate pink and blue but GOD is all in blue.

Pris says that when they had the ultrasound David wanted to have the gender reveal party.

David explains that there is competition between him and Josh. Josh is a first born and David is the first born of the "second generation." Flashback to various competitions between them - including the awesome mud wrestling day.

Josh takes a selfie of everyone around the box.

Anna narrates flashbacks of their Gender reveal parties, including the today show, skywriters, and the church announcement in the red sweater. Clearly J'anna are cooler than Davilla and their stoopid backyard party.

David says the "excitement was just throbbing through us" as he discussed the anticipation of finding out the GENDER.

Sorry, folks. Priscilla does not seem any less impaired on the show than she does on Davey's videos.

Sorry, folks. Priscilla does not seem any less impaired on the show than she does on Davey's videos.

I was just going to say that this is my first time seeing a Priscilla episode and ask if she was on drugs. She makes watching Josh and Anna downright enjoyable in comparison.

Also, the women not being belted in while the RV was driving through the city *cringe*

I swear when Anna & Priscilla talk in those baby, aw shucks, I'm so thrilled and slightly surprised voices, they sound like idiots as would anyone! Give it up! ETA: and the looks, enough of the wide eyed doe look.

LOL cracked up at David throbbing ... seriously ...

part 2

They open the box and pink balloons come out. Some appear to be orange.

Priss shows her famous intelligence in a TH as she says how excited she was about having a girl.

Josh puts Paul in the box and Priss lifts him out, yelling "its a boy." He says that he's glad its a girl because David would have looked silly in his pink shirt.

Mike and Mac yell "DAY TWO" and just like that, its the next day.

They all pile into the bus and head downtown. Everyone is hesitant but they're going to do it anyway.

*Priss fell in the self tanner in her TH's

Josh explains that he can drive the RV because he's driven it in NY. Its a piece of cake. The GPS doesnt really work, especially when you are in tunnels. David rags him.

They make it to the Willis tower and pull up to their special parking spot on wacker street. They pile into the elevator. Anna is apparently afraid of heights. They go out to the glass sky deck. The boys jump on the glass floor but Mac is afraid. The RV is parked directly beneath it.

Josh takes a selfie.

They head over to have Pizza (where did they put the RV?) Of course, its completely empty and the chef is there waiting for them to show them how to make pizza. The pizza comes out and David says "its like lasagna, pizza style." Josh says he could only eat a slice.

Priscilla wears a white blouse to make & eat deep dish pizza. And it looks like at the end of the meal, her blouse is still white, despite having to eat over that huge belly. So..obviously, speaking is not her strong point, but she must have some serious neatness skillz.

If that had been me, I would have looked like I had just been front hugging the Flying Spaghetti Monster. :fsm:

WHY do none of these people put their babies in wraps? Can they not tell how much easier life is with the baby attached to you, instead of running out the door of the store towards the street??

Part 3

Back at the house Priss is doing dishes. Apparently the husbands are watching the kids so they can go shopping. Pris loves how Anna used to stick giant hair bows on mac.

The menfolk are going shopping to "get a few things" for tomorrow. They are going to a hardware store.

Josh TH - when you have the opportunity to make things easier you do it.

Back with teh wimmenz Pris asks for a double stroller. They talk about going from 1 -2 and how awesome it is to watch them "love eachother" and entertain eachother. They continue to sort through clothes.

Anna TH - there is a little bit of concern about the dads.

Back to the men - Mike is told not to touch poison and David pushes a cart with mac and mike standing on the front of it. Mike tries out a monkey chair. Paul wanders off on his own, wearing a matching shirt with david. They check out and paul wanders out the door. David and Mike go and get him. In a TH pris asks if anyone was with him - david responds "god was with him."

Back to the wimmen... Anna touts bargain shopping. Its a $1 clearance day. Better grab everything now because someone else may come along. A woman brings them a box. They spend $425.

Anna and Pris TH "buy used, save the difference."

I just got a 'what in the hell are you watching' from the headship.

I wonder if the matching polo shirts for Paul and Davey were planned...who am I kidding? Of course they were.

Archived