IGNORED

19 Kids & Marrying - Duggar Snark Season 9 - Part 4

happy atheist

"Famy dreams of genie" part 3

Back at the TTH famy, mom, and grandma show up with a fuck ton of donuts. The boys are in the back setting up a bonfire, AKA burning trash. She hands boob the donuts and other baked goods and boob calls her the "diet crasher." Flashback to other times famy has partied with the duggars. Michelle says she is so much fun and her kids love her. Famy is "a party waiting to happen..." WOW...

Famy is going to make a donut tower. Boob says the kids will ruin that idea once they see it. The donuts are "harps." I've never heard of that.

Joy says that she likes donuts because they always have cake and ice cream.

They begin to assemble to donut tower. Michelle whips out scissors and starts cutting... no idea if she cleaned them. Michelle is doing that so you dont have to eat the whole thing. Boob steals a few donuts. Precious angel Josie is right up in there. Hannie? With a knife falls off the counter and gets covered with frosting. Famy chases her - unclear if she was still holding a knife. Boob licks his finger and eats frosting off her arm.

Famy brings the donut tower into another room. JD says that the cake "wasnt a bad idea, me being a cop." Um, hes not a cop...

Out on the bonfire they roast weiners. Hannie whacks Michelle in the boob with two. Jinger looks less than thrilled. A random dog begs.

james brings the "cake" out. Boob says its a special night to celebrate Famy's 28th birthday. Her wish is to be in music and they should pray for that and blows out the candle. Ben feeds Jessa...

Famy wants to get married and have kids, she wants to adopt. Gods timing is perfect.

Michelle likes spending time with her... Jinger things Nashville will be a challenge but with her voice she has a chance.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part 4

SNEAK PEEK OF JESSA'S WEDDING

Everyone squeaks that she looks gorgeous. Boob cant believe she's grown up. Its the next big duggar event... thats it.

Famy is in Nashville and going to a "big meeting." She's nervous. Grandma and mom are at the hotel. She is alone to prove that she can do this on her own.

Jamie set up some "important" record label meetings. Apparently he thinks she's shown "vast improvement." Famy shows up and is very nervous. She's prayed a bazillion times and is freaking out. He explains they're all label people so dont screw up. They walk into the room and he says "dont screw up" again. She looks horribly timid as she walks in - clearly he forgot to tell her that impressions are important. He introduces the people in the room. One woman heard her sing in the bar last episode and was willing to suffer through her again.

She sings the "mystery" song again. She does better with this song than the one on the ship but its MUCH easier. She still has big issues when she has to jump more than a few notes. She needs to quit trying to belt things.

Famy says the Duggar name doesnt play a role in Nashville and no one cares about her name. They applaud and jokes that she can breathe. She looks amazingly unsure of herself. The woman says she looks less nervous, more energetic, and has improved a lot. A guy says her voice has a warm tone, another says the nerves dont show.

Brian Rhoades says she has potential and wants to hear more songs. Christy Robinson, the woman, says that there is improvement and she'd see her again. A guy says that the next time shes in town she should see him.

Part 5

TLC pimps an "original movie" that has something to do with someone leaving large tips, mysterious snowmen appearing in houses, reindeer, a soldier coming home, and something about wishes written to santa being fulfilled. I'm not sure why they're pimping this during the Duggars since there is no jesus but... clearly they couldnt get an hour out of Famy so they had to add in Jessa's wedding and this "movie" to make their time.

Back in Nashville Famy is driving and getting lost, complaining about one way streets. She couldnt sleep because she's nervous about her video. She pulls up to "black river records" to shoot it. The guy in charge is supposed to be "it." I'm guessing TLC is responsible. Famy is concerned she'll be the laughing stock when people see it. She wants it to be fun, exciting, and likeable. Too bad she forgot the words to the song. She probably should have practiced. Jamie tells her not to screw up again.

The song begins with bongo drums. She forgets the words. She sings "I dont know these words..." She says it was a very stressful environment and was getting jumbled up because there were a lot of words in the song. Um... newsflash - songs have words.

Deanna tells her to write the words out because she doesnt know them. Famy says its a humbling moment and wanted to look professional but didnt. Jamie says if you were professional you should never say you dont know the song. She says she hasnt sung it in months. He says dont ever say that to anyone. Famy says he "got in her face..." He hands her the lyrics. She says that its "a lot" to be there in the studio and he says the words are "oh, oh, oh..." They argue a little and she pulls her headphones off and says "lets go."

She sings again.... badly. She asks to do it again.

TH - they did the song 15 times and that takes a lot of energy. She didnt realize how hard that was but she handled it and smiled.

Part 6

back in Arkansas Famy and friends, including a rare Grandma Jordan sighting, are coming over to watch the video. The pants wearing girls are very excited to see it. They grab blocks of cheese and processed meat and sit on the couch. No idea what fun drinks are in the solo cups.

The video opens with her in the studio. Its heavily mixed. OK, the entire video is just her singing in the studio. At one point she dons a hat and dances in front of a white screen. She calls it her "glamorous shot." Famy is "blown away" its her. Random shots of famy laying on a leather couch. She dances with some non duggar kids. The song ends and everyone screams and claps.

They all think the video is awesome and want to watch it again. Famy is proud of herself for making her first professional video. They side hug jamie and thank him. He says it was lots of fun. He high fives Grandma Duggar. He says he'll see her in Nashville in a couple weeks. Record companies are apparently interested in her.

Famy drives - a lexus - and says that she's scared to go to nashville but she's been there twice and accomplished so much. Its good to know she can stand on her own two feet. She doesnt know what can happen but her heart is there. Deanna says her dream is coming true. Famy says she could sing in a church here but there are things that she couldnt do in arkansas. She needs to discuss and pray about things because her life is in arkansas but nashville could be a new start.

AND... thats all of the Duggars for this season!

"The show begins and defrauding wimmen dress in short skirts. Famy says that its different singing for paying customers than at her cousin's wedding. This is a big deal and she doesnt want to mess it up. She puts on her blue dress and walks to the stage.

Oh no no Amy those were definitely "paying customers" at your cousins wedding.

I am going to try to make this point without making weight the issue...Amy is attempting to look glamorous and polished, but needs to invest in some "foundation garments." The dress she wore at the wedding had some draping to it that hit her in the wrong spots. The river cruise dress (disaster) was tightly fit, creating similar issues. A little spandex and she would have looked so much more put together. I keep having the wedding dance scene from Steel Magnolias run thru my head....ya know where they describe how another woman looks like "2 pigs wrestling under a blanket" due to the lack of proper undergarments?

Ah, Truvy snarking to Clairee about Belle Marmillion! I love that whole exchange. "I bet she's paid $500 for that dress." "I haven't left the house without Lycra on these thighs since I was 13." (Apologies if the quotes aren't exact. Steel Magnolias is one movie I don't have a copy of.)

Well that was boring. Not dentist boring, but still boring. Random thoughts:

1. I liked Amy's blue dress

2. If you are going to record a music video why do you not have the song memorized and the lyrics with you?

3. There was not a single Duggar at Amy's music video watching party. Not enough religion for them?

4. I think this was billed as the 19 Kids season finale instead of the special Amy Duggar show so that people would be tricked into watching it since no one watched the last one

I get the impression that the reason Famy's on the show is to show the audience how much "better" the Duggars' way of life is. She is, in many ways, the stereotype of young adults today (which, as a young adult myself, I'm in no way endorsing), and now at 28 she says she wants marriage and children, with no man in sight, while three of her younger cousins are married with kids/fetuses/a-possible-puffy-face. Obviously the producers couldn't have known it would work out that way six years ago when she first appeared on the show, but even then she was immature and fame-whorish.

I dunno, I just kind of get the impression that the producers *know* she's childish and irritating, but that's why she's on the show, so they can say, "Look at what's wrong with kids these days. The Duggars don't have that problem!"

Buzzard, thank you for this and other episode recaps. This episode sounds really dull. Not even wasting my time on it this week

I gave it a try, but I couldn't watch the whole thing. I gave up at the point where she showed up to record the music video and didn't know the freaking words! What does she do in her spare time? If she wants to actually make a career out of this (and worse singers have managed it) then she has to at least put in 100% of the work required. Know your song. Hire a vocal coach. Learn how to meet people (especially important ones) without giggling and looking like an immature nitwit.

She is barely talented enough to sing at a cousin's wedding, but she is going to be left in the dust in the real world by people who work their tails off.

Is her repertoire really only 3 songs?

All I can say is that this kind of tripe is insulting to all the good artists with actual talent trying to make it in this town. Also, seriously, Nashville isn't particularly difficult to drive in. Get over it little girl.

"Famy does nashville" - Part 2

tage.

Back to the talent show, I mean dinner cruise...

I keep seeing the Dinner Theater with Prince Charming riding a stick horse in one of the SHREK movies..

No clowns at the birthday party this time.

I could barely watch. Am starting to wonder if Amy was torn between singing or writing a tell-all.

If only she would choose the book...a ghost writer could make it readable.......

I get the impression that the reason Famy's on the show is to show the audience how much "better" the Duggars' way of life is. She is, in many ways, the stereotype of young adults today (which, as a young adult myself, I'm in no way endorsing), and now at 28 she says she wants marriage and children, with no man in sight, while three of her younger cousins are married with kids/fetuses/a-possible-puffy-face. Obviously the producers couldn't have known it would work out that way six years ago when she first appeared on the show, but even then she was immature and fame-whorish.

I dunno, I just kind of get the impression that the producers *know* she's childish and irritating, but that's why she's on the show, so they can say, "Look at what's wrong with kids these days. The Duggars don't have that problem!"

THIS. If only she listened to the WISDOM of JB/M then she'd not have this empty, worldly life. Maybe she'll fail t music and agree that they are SO WISE and admit she should have seen this sooner and agree to date a CCM star and have a zillion babies at last............................

The episode was a snooze-fest. One thing came to mind though. The part of the music video when she was wearing the hat made me think of the opening credits of the tv show Blossom! :lol:

Archived