IGNORED

19 Kids & Marrying - Duggar Snark Season 9 - Part 4

happy atheist

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never understand how they can be comfortable around each other.

You have never been alone in a room together. You go from 0 to 100 in a day.

First front hugging, kissing, sex, etc.

You've never passed gas around the person, probably rarely saw the person without makeup, see them at their worst when sick throwing up or diarrhea... it's just so odd! You are supposed to marry this person because you trust them and love them.. not to build up to trusting and knowing them.

I feel the same way Hollywood! I was talking to my mom about it, and I was like, I could see maybe saving first kiss until engagement if you really were committed, but I'm not doing 18 new things on my wedding day... :shifty:

Of course w/ me that hand holding thing, I'd break that super early. :? :lol:

Finally watched the episode of Jessa and Ben's wedding and a few thoughts: It was a really cute episode. I agree with everyone it was the best one all season. It was real and emotional and really nice to watch. Ben for sure did not plan any of that. No money and not the brightest bulb in the set. But the sentiment was real and I believe he wanted to propose at the church. TLC just helped make the rest of it happen.

Also, they had totally held hands and hugged before. The way in which they didn't even flinch when Michelle was freaking out made that very clear. And hello I thought the couples decided the courtship standards. Sorry JB and Michelle I think only the 2 of you believe that. And the way that Jinger didn't even blink an eye when they hugged she has totally seen them do that before. I think she may even be one of their primary chaperones who knows to just turn away or bring earplugs.

Joy did say she would stay out late at night with Ben so the girls wouldn't see her as much. Who was her chaperone then? Was there even one??

But most of all I agree with some of the posters earlier on. As great as this is that they're breaking small rules here and there, the fact of the matter is their parents allowed 2 teenagers without education and without jobs to get married and start a life. I hope they use this newfound freedom to actually better themselves. Get education or trade skills, become financially independent and gain some exposure to the rest of the world. An end to the fanatic rants and comparisons to the Holocaust would be nice too.

They get their information from a parody blog.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did get it on... But didn't get caught. Benboob was super horney.

We discussed this blog before, when she posted about Jill and Derick's wedding. Good for a laugh. Wow; Hollywood got wind of it? I wonder if she's gonna have to shut it down now that she's more exposed. Or do as the Maxwells do; "scrub scrub scrub"........

I think Jim Chelle sees the world in one way. JimChelle got married as teens and got through rough times, so they figure why not let a 19 yo with no skills or degree marry JB did it. Unfortunately JB got lucky. It wasn't due to smarts

It wouldn't surprise me if they did get it on... But didn't get caught. Benboob was super horney.

He wasn't the only one. Jessa looked like she wanted to jump him in almost all of their THs this season.

Hmmm......me thinks the new Mrs. Seewald leaked this rumor as a big FU.

Finally watched the episode of Jessa and Ben's wedding and a few thoughts: It was a really cute episode. I agree with everyone it was the best one all season. It was real and emotional and really nice to watch. Ben for sure did not plan any of that. No money and not the brightest bulb in the set. But the sentiment was real and I believe he wanted to propose at the church. TLC just helped make the rest of it happen.

Also, they had totally held hands and hugged before. The way in which they didn't even flinch when Michelle was freaking out made that very clear. And hello I thought the couples decided the courtship standards. Sorry JB and Michelle I think only the 2 of you believe that. And the way that Jinger didn't even blink an eye when they hugged she has totally seen them do that before. I think she may even be one of their primary chaperones who knows to just turn away or bring earplugs.

Joy did say she would stay out late at night with Ben so the girls wouldn't see her as much. Who was her chaperone then? Was there even one??

But most of all I agree with some of the posters earlier on. As great as this is that they're breaking small rules here and there, the fact of the matter is their parents allowed 2 teenagers without education and without jobs to get married and start a life. I hope they use this newfound freedom to actually better themselves. Get education or trade skills, become financially independent and gain some exposure to the rest of the world. An end to the fanatic rants and comparisons to the Holocaust would be nice too.

Especially yes to the bolded, and I hope Jim Bob and Michelle have actually learned something from this. Neither of the Duggar parents are known for their sense of introspection, but I would hope they realize that it simply isn't realistic or possible to try and control the thoughts and desires of one's adult children. Jessa is showing that she very much has a mind of her own, and that it's not safe for Jim Bob in particular to assume that she'll continue to do everything he wants for the future of the show. In between defying her parents by holding hands with Ben in the engagement episode, not kissing at the altar, and posting the racy honeymoon pictures, it could be possible that Jessa and Ben will continue to do things their own way, regardless of what her parents want.

JB and M would be wise to rethink how they approach courtship and handle the feelings of their kids during that time. Not gonna happen, but I can dream. ;)

I think Jim Chelle sees the world in one way. JimChelle got married as teens and got through rough times, so they figure why not let a 19 yo with no skills or degree marry JB did it. Unfortunately JB got lucky. It wasn't due to smarts

JB got lucky, and it obviously wasn't due to smarts. I think his mother was (and still maybe is) really savvy about real estate, and she leveraged her idiot son's ability to perform physical work into a real estate "empire."

I was watching the extended version of Jill's wedding and a conversation between Derick and Dan in the groomsmen room perked my ears up - Derick stayed the previous night at stony brook :D

hmmm

Probably to get some stuff dropped off and moved in since that's where they would be living after the honeymoon, I'd think.

How terribly jarring, to go from side-hugging to kissing, sex and living together literally overnight. But in their world, this is what makes you an adult, apparently. :shrug:

Count me in with others who believe Jill and Derrick were talking a lot earlier than we were led to believe. Their courtship might have been made official in Nepal, but I think they had been talking for many months prior, not just 'recently' as was talked about in the show.

TLC was able to show Benessa and their 'official' courtship first, as they were both in the country and they couldn't avoid it with him around the house and traveling with them. Most of Jill's early relationship was thru Skype, but I think once they knew how serious it was, with the date of Derricks return getting closer, wanted to get it on film, so, it's a trip y'all, watch Jimbo travel to another country and make an ass of himself, while another daughter starts her official courtship!

So it appeared Jessa was first… no dates mentioned, so no real lies … Yet, Joy said it herself when she was talking about how she's come around to liking Ben. Her words, first Derrick came and took Jill and then Ben came for Jessa. I think she's acknowledging that Jill and Derrick were involved first, just not in an 'official' courtship.

TLCs most popular shows have been wedding shows ... one a 'season', step right up ladies and gentlemen, watch the virgins get married!

JB got lucky, and it obviously wasn't due to smarts. I think his mother was (and still maybe is) really savvy about real estate, and she leveraged her idiot son's ability to perform physical work into a real estate "empire."

I don't know. I think JB has a pretty shrewd business sense. Though they did hit it big with TLC, I think they would have done well regardless. The combination of shrewd business sense + a little bit of tightwadishness does add up the money. I remember reading their first book and how Michelle said whenever they had a little bit extra she would want to get something nice but JB would say they should re-invest it by buying some other kind of machine at auction.

Whatever else I think about them, I do think they worked hard in those early years and made some savvy decisions for two very young marrieds.

Just got caught up on the two most recent episodes. I think the engagment episode was overly staged but one of y favorites this season. Benn (of the producers) did a great job making the day about them and ending with a very romantic proposal. I don't like jessa or ben, but this episode made me happy for them.

My favorite line was "I got 6 inches!" from Jessa when making her "hole in two" on the mini golf course. Taken out of context, this is a fantastic line. :wink-kitty:

I REALLY liked the dishing with the duggars episode. It showed them being much more candid and real than we have seen them be in many years.

The girls (especially Jinger) were so candid with their facial expressions and responses to the old clips. And way to gross out little kids by showing them their births!!! I'm in my 20's and would not want to see my birth...

Still pondering why Josiah was not in that episode. Was he at alert? Or has he truly not signed up with TLC for this season and is refusing to be on TV?

I smell a controversy.

I don't know. I think JB has a pretty shrewd business sense. Though they did hit it big with TLC, I think they would have done well regardless. The combination of shrewd business sense + a little bit of tightwadishness does add up the money. I remember reading their first book and how Michelle said whenever they had a little bit extra she would want to get something nice but JB would say they should re-invest it by buying some other kind of machine at auction.

Whatever else I think about them, I do think they worked hard in those early years and made some savvy decisions for two very young marrieds.

Agreed. I think he's a very shrewd when it comes to real estate and finding deals. When you look at where they were before they became TLC regulars, they still had 16 kids and no debt, were well on their way to having the TTH built, could take vacations (maybe not around then world, but road trips still cost $$), had the car lot for Josh, and no 9-5 type jobs. That takes a hell of a lot more than luck.

Yeah, their lives wouldn't be as extravagant as they are now, but they'd be doing fine.

Archived