IGNORED

19 Kids & Marrying - Duggar Snark Season 9 - Part 4

happy atheist

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why is the Josh and Anna vacation being made into such a big deal? Don't they travel all the time back and forth to AR?

Why do they keep making it such a point that they are doing this on their own, etc? Especially since with virtually no detective work, it is easy to see that Jana was with them for part, if not all of their trip. This seems to be a blatant lie, which is confusing to me. What is the point? Why risk being caught in such a blatant lie over such a trivial thing? They should have just owned up to Jana being there, but not wanting to be filmed, or something.

It is very very weird and all very pointless.

why is the Josh and Anna vacation being made into such a big deal? Don't they travel all the time back and forth to Arkansas?.

Well, exactly. And the Mkids ask where they are going to sleep, then later in a talking head, reveal that they DID NOT KNOW that the couch turned into a bed. Whaaaat? So where have they slept on previous RV & hate bus trips...hotels? If hotels, why drive the gas guzzler to AR? :evil-eye:

And at about 0:43 we can clearly see Jana next to Soundman Mr.Jim, so weird that they edited her out of the trip..

Veron1que, I love your avatar :)

Thank you!

I don't know why they are bothering to lie but everyone has noticed. I think they made a big deal about being alone because they know they are lying.

The video is not loading for me – can you spoil please?

apparently it was posted on the day of Jessa's enaggement episode and somehow I missed it

so:

The lady who covers the duggars for People magazine said it was an intimate affair even though 1000 people were at the wedding

the wedding told Ben and Jessa's love story at the actual wedding

not a dry eye in the house

Jessa is very strong

Ben likes the cameras around and is comfortable around them

Ben's parents say he is a good leader

Jill is fertile

this is what the people magazine editor told the interviewer - her thoughts

When I watched it last night, I noticed that Anna said that the party was hosted by their neighbors Robert and Kendalyn (she said it while walking up the driveway to the party). Is that the Staddon family?

Sorry if this has already been discussed - this topic is so extensive that I haven't read all of the posts, and I don't follow the Staddons very closely.

When I watched it last night, I noticed that Anna said that the party was hosted by their neighbors Robert and Kendalyn (she said it while walking up the driveway to the party). Is that the Staddon family?

Sorry if this has already been discussed - this topic is so extensive that I haven't read all of the posts, and I don't follow the Staddons very closely.

Yes. I don't actually recall seeing Robert, but I definitely saw Kendalyn holding (probably) baby #2 Marilee.

David and Priscilla's relationship is incredibly awkward. And David and Josh have more chemistry in their talking heads than Jessa and Ben. I think there's something about being raised in extreme patriarchy that makes it nearly impossbile for men to have normal friendships/relationships with each other. JB is always so competitive, especially with his own children, and Josh and David are the same way. Priscilla and Anna talk to their husbands the same way they talk to their children. All of the interactions in this episode were FUBAR.

Total remake of the Anna/Michelle shopping trip when Mac was on the way. BORING. And are they REALLY trying to make Anna into Michelle? The horrible hair, the same style comments, same comments--like the gave her a transcript of the original episode.

David....no words.....

Priss....Back the short bus up--you missed one. Is she safe to turn loose in a car? Mac is way more adult.

The Daddies shopping--REALLY? Having a penis makes it that hard to shop with kids? Wow. Even my VERY 60s Man in the Gray Flannel Suit Dad could manage to take us to a store and not have us wander away! Good thing Mikey was there to keep Paul from danger. It's obvious Josh does way more than Davy at home--and of course he had a lot more practice growing up.

Talking about fishing I thought David wasn't jokinig in his displeasure that his wife doubted him. Like I've said before, he just plain HATES her. He must clearly see she's not all there. And salmon in Lake Michigan?

I thought Josh has a pretty nice "what the hell" attitude in this one--more a "normal guy" vibe. He is clearly not excited by more children and I honestly don't think Anna is either. I did not think her "disappointment" was sincere.

The whole "making memories" crap. Here's what the kids will remember: Peeing against a tree, the roof flying off, the bad things Daddy said when the RV broke down...lol

I briefly attended Mars Hill, and grew up in the area. Who is moving there? Its about 2 1/2 hours from the Bates in Rocky Top (formerly Lake City) TN

Mars Hill, where one of the families is moving is about 30 minutes from downtown Asheville and Mars Hill has a small university. Not really the usual "off the grid" area.

Who's moving to Mars Hill? I missed the show. Too busy watching Casablanca on TCM.

Mars Hill may not be far enough from Asheville to keep a little of the hippie, funky Hashville spirit from rubbing off.

ETA: I see several of us asked the same question!

I don't know if these alerts are still current, but there used to be cautions against pregnant women and nursing mothers consuming fish from the Great Lakes due to environmental contaminants.

So Pris and anna went to the dollar store and spent several hundred dollars? That's not a wise use of money! And the dads can't go to the freaking hardware store and look after their boys? My husband used to take our girls to the hardware store all the time. They didn't wander off or get lost, but they weren't beaten into obedience and weren't subservient either. We had some pretty lively girls!

They went to a children's used stuff store (bag looked like Buy Buy Baby) and I believe they spent about a hundred and fifty bucks on four hundred something dollars' WORTH of stuff. It was a special sale day where all clothing was a dollar each or something like that. They probably also picked up a double stroller since Pris was talking about that when they walked in.

I don't know if these alerts are still current, but there used to be cautions against pregnant women and nursing mothers consuming fish from the Great Lakes due to environmental contaminants.

So Pris and anna went to the dollar store and spent several hundred dollars? That's not a wise use of money! And the dads can't go to the freaking hardware store and look after their boys? My husband used to take our girls to the hardware store all the time. They didn't wander off or get lost, but they weren't beaten into obedience and weren't subservient either. We had some pretty lively girls!

They ended up spending a hundred something. There was a pop up that said they saved 400 something by shopping at the thrift store.

Who's moving to Mars Hill? I missed the show. Too busy watching Casablanca on TCM.

Mars Hill may not be far enough from Asheville to keep a little of the hippie, funky Hashville spirit from rubbing off.

ETA: I see several of us asked the same question!

One of the families on the new TLC show about families going off the grid.

I really wish they'd stop acting like the Duggar family invented shopping at thrift stores and like it's some amazing concept that few people have heard of.

According to this : http://www.wbez.org/series/curious-city ... tch-109808

Lake trout over 29" are in the "Do Not Eat" category. I haven't seen the episode yet, how big was David's catch? And was it a trout? Smaller fish are safer it seems. I guess they haven't had as much time to soak up all the nasty chemicals and stuff.

It was definitely a lake trout. I don't think it was that big though, although the weight was something like 7-8 lbs.

In any case, I doubt Priscilla ate enough for it to pose a risk. One fish split between 4 adults (and possibly a couple children) doesn't make for much of a portion. I would say Josh's DIY marinade and the questionable cooking methods might be more problematic.

How's baby number 10 going to feel when he doesn't have a journal, or a song that was sung to him in utero every night? I usually don't snark on what people do to celebrate pregnancy because to each their own (even though I couldn't keep up with a damn baby book for my one and only!), but why start a bunch of traditions no person could keep up when they plan on having kids continuously for 20+ years?

It was definitely a lake trout. I don't think it was that big though, although the weight was something like 7-8 lbs.

In any case, I doubt Priscilla ate enough for it to pose a risk. One fish split between 4 adults (and possibly a couple children) doesn't make for much of a portion. I would say Josh's DIY marinade and the questionable cooking methods might be more problematic.

It's okay if Pris ingested a little bit of mercury. The baby was just a girl anyway. It's not like she's going to be a leader, run a business, or anything else that requires a penis brain.

(I'm being sarcastic. I really hope whoever took them fishing informed them of any active fish advisories in the area.)

How's baby number 10 going to feel when he doesn't have a journal, or a song that was sung to him in utero every night? I usually don't snark on what people do to celebrate pregnancy because to each their own (even though I couldn't keep up with a damn baby book for my one and only!), but why start a bunch of traditions no person could keep up when they plan on having kids continuously for 20+ years?

maybe the young ones will start to do that :D

or maybe Jill is Superwoman and can do it all

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :nenner: :nenner: :nenner: :nenner:

maybe the young ones will start to do that :D

or maybe Jill is Superwoman and can do it all

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :nenner: :nenner: :nenner: :nenner:

They're just going to buy the baby book, collect photos, and give the book & photos to the child when he/she is old enough to put it together themselves. Because that makes it more special :romance-grouphug:

Archived