IGNORED

19 Kids & Marrying - Duggar Snark Season 9 - Part 4

happy atheist

I wish Derick would step up as Jill's headship for a bit and get her the hell away from there, then lead her out of the cult.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got so used to reading !!! points after each sentence, I didn't even notice them after a while. After re-reading it, I realized there was an elimination point after each sentence, and even in place of commas... "For all the Facebook comments against Amy! You don't know my daughter!" :evil-eye:

Sorry Deanna but I don't like Amy's singing "career" because she isn't working at it!! 2 examples of young (under 40) ladies trying to make it in Nashville. The first is Dani Jamersion (reverbnation.com/danijamersonband) she is always singing in clubs and venues in about a 100 mile radius of her home town. I saw her when she was still in HS and had to be accompanied by her parents to the bars to sing. She now has a band and has been to Nashville a couple of times to check it out. She works really hard. She sings covers but also has started singing her own stuff.

Another lady that I went to school with is working her butt off. - Kate Butler she went to college and then moved to Nashville. She has a band (Cherry Rain), writes music and instructs music but she also has done gigs on Y&R (young and the restless) as the house band for the show, Nick Jr, etc. Her band has opened for Restless Heart, Point of Grace, Burns & Poe and Phil Keaggy. She takes all these different opportunities to grow and build her business. She is making a living at singing but most likely she won't be a Carrie Underwood or Taylor Swift or Miranda Lambert (I would love to eat those words one day 8-) ). integritimusic.com/the-team/kate-taylor-butler/ facebook.com/cherryrainmusic

That is why I scoff at Amy's singing "career" because she doesn't seem to really want it. She isn't working in all the clubs, touring around her area, taking gigs as a back up singer, singing on a show boat as a regular gig, playing/singing in a piano bar, etc. Hell, it doesn't even sound like she is a regular cantor at church!

* edited to add Cherry Rain's f/b page because the first link was to the conservator that she runs to give lessons to kids.

I wish Derick would step up as Jill's headship for a bit and get her the hell away from there, then lead her out of the cult.

Pretty sure she and JB led him INTO it....sorry....

Yeah right. Jill is so brained washed that daddy still owned her heart. Derrick would have to completely cut Jill off from her Daddy to undo all that brainwashing. Sorry to say Jim Bob and Michelle are toxic to their children

Pretty sure she and JB led him INTO it....sorry....

I agree. I just hope that after time he wakes up and thinks "what the hell was I thinking, this shit is crazy!" (I hope Whitney Bates does the same thing, BTW.)

I agree. I just hope that after time he wakes up and thinks "what the hell was I thinking, this shit is crazy!" (I hope Whitney Bates does the same thing, BTW.)

This reminds me of an episode of Malcolm in the Middle (I think...) where the grandma, who's really mean, drugs a guy to try to get him to marry her or something. Anyway, Malcolm or one of his brothers ends up drinking the special tea Grandma had concocted (with who knows what in it) and the guy comes to, or comes down from his high, and points at grandma and says "hey, you're that rude woman from the tour!" Maybe Jill is doing the same to Derick.

Oh wait, that's what the kool-aid is for. Never mind :lol:

Just saw that too and that new episodes start in February ... short off season, I guess covering some of the loss from the Honey Boo Boos

Pregnant Anna has its own thread: freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=22717

Pregnant Anna has its own thread: freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=22717

Thanks. I don't ever leave the Quiverful of Snark forum so if it is in the Duggar forum I likely won't see it.

Just saw that too and that new episodes start in February ... short off season, I guess covering some of the loss from the Honey Boo Boos

They've actually got a lot of stuff to cover. Jessa's wedding, Jill a n Anna's pregnancies. Gotta strike while the irons hot.

I wonder if they are going ahead with an Amy spin-off? If they are it would make sense that they end the season with an episode focused on her.

A spin-off of a 28 - year-old nanny living in her parents' home? Or of a mediocre, unprofessional "singer" riding her cousins' coattails in Nashville? I don't think either would bring in ratings.

I think a good spin-off would be Jessa and Jill and their families.

I wonder if they are going ahead with an Amy spin-off? If they are it would make sense that they end the season with an episode focused on her.

Who would watch? Not Duggar leghumpers.

Sorry to say this, but Amy just does not come across as star material to me. I watched her vid, I've seen her on the show, I think her strengths lie elsewhere. I think she'd be a great apartment manager, she seems like she could talk to people, she could dress nicely esp for upscale complex...idk why that comes to mind but it does lol.

I had real estate/property type people as clients in the recent past and those people made some dough.

Get a real estate license Amy!

Sorry to say this, but Amy just does not come across as star material to me. I watched her vid, I've seen her on the show, I think her strengths lie elsewhere. I think she'd be a great apartment manager, she seems like she could talk to people, she could dress nicely esp for upscale complex...idk why that comes to mind but it does lol.

I had real estate/property type people as clients in the recent past and those people made some dough.

THIS. Use your outgoing personality and Grandma and Uncle JBs contacts and become the next Duggar real estate success! Team up with John and rehab houses!

Real estate does seem like a good career for her personality. And her family already has experience in that area, whivh is always a plus.

Since they have Reality Shows about virtually every single conceivable type of lifestyle and job on the planet --- exterminators, real estate, bakers, being rich, cutting down trees , living in a trailer park, kids who dance, making moonshine, car repos, and I think one For every single resident of Alaska, having children younger than average, having children period, living off yard sales, fishing, driving trucks.......and about 100 other things- there appears to be an audience for every possible variation of people.

Oh God I hope not. The girl doesn't have a talented bone in her body. I'd rather watch Honey Boo Boo than an Amy show. :pink-shock: I mean, maybe if it wasn't a singing show, maybe if she was doing something like that Jennie Garth lady it might bring in viewers. But they'd be crazy to make an Amy show about her singing in Nashville or something :shrug:

I think Amy has a nice singing voice. So do I. I sang in my college choir and now I sing with/to my kids. They like my voice, and so does my headship. I'm a nice singer, but not a great one. Same with Amy. She dreams big, but it's not gonna happen. She can still sing and enjoy her voice all her life--she just won't make money off of it.

And, UGH, no one wants a show about it not happening. Even the leghumpers on facebook were generally of the "Amy? No thanks!" persuasion.

If Amy were truly serious about a singing career, she would not market herself as "Amy Duggar, cousin of 19kids and counting." She would try and distance herself as much as possible.

If Amy were truly serious about a singing career, she would not market herself as "Amy Duggar, cousin of 19kids and counting." She would try and distance herself as much as possible.

And yet she does, and then the passive aggressive "don't want to be on the coattails..."

There's a whole world of music between superstar and singing at home in the shower. Does she sing with a community choir? Can she even read music? Does she meet with other people around where she lives and do music? You never see her with other musicians. If this is her "passion," why is she never with other musicians?

And yet she does, and then the passive aggressive "don't want to be on the coattails..."

There's a whole world of music between superstar and singing at home in the shower. Does she sing with a community choir? Can she even read music? Does she meet with other people around where she lives and do music? You never see her with other musicians. If this is her "passion," why is she never with other musicians?

I was thinking the same thing.

Archived