IGNORED

Where are Jessa and Ben living?

anjulibai

Not to derail the thread once again, but I wanted to add that I am sure Famy Duggar gets her own paycheck for "her" episodes. I am sure her contract has changed since we first saw her. It might also be one of the reasons we didn't get a peep from her in Jill's wedding episode.

I'm shocked that none of these postings or selfies has given away the home location of the Seebald newlyweds!

I think a few pages back someone mentioned that the house they were in looked like one of Ben's aunts. I don't know if they lived in that or were just there for Thanksgiving...

I'm suspecting they're closer to his family than hers. It seems like they're spending more time over there... but with the holidays, it's hard to tell if that's due to family gatherings or proximity.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to this list, Jill Duggar is NOT a midwife as of Oct 24. She is still a Lay Wife Apprentice: http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/program ... ntices.pdf

[Janna is listed as one also, and also Debora Query]

That is not one but TWO qualifiers-- "lay" and "apprentice"-- away from being an actual midwife.

That is like saying a college sophomore biology major= a Doctor.

Shame on the Duggars for inflating Jill's qualifications (and on People magazine and other news outlets for repeating this lie).

Shame on them for insulting all those hardworking skilled tradesmen and tradeswomen out there who have actually completed years of apprenticeships and passed exams, and didn't "take time off" to plan their giant-ass weddings & get knocked up.

I think people are exaggerating a bit about the Duggars trying to lie about her qualifications. They have said multiple times that she is still studying and have said that she and Jana are doulas (their words) with Jill studying to be a midwife. I don't think they've ever given the impression that she can practice independently yet.

Obviously Jill can't be a nurse midwife (unless she goes to nursing school - not likely...) but she can (and I'm sure soon will) be a lay midwife like Venessa. Arkansas clearly does have some kind of licensure process for lay midwifery, though I'm sure it's pretty lax and just boils down to apprenticeship hours, since lay midwivery is obviously a pretty nonformal career.

Anyway, it's not true that being a lay midwife doesn't make you a "real" midwife - it's just very, very different. A CNM has a lot more power to handle more serious medical conditions or processes (for example, I doubt a lay midwife could or would know how to run an IV or dose medication) and most nurse midwives have years and years of experience in nursing, plus a master's degree in their specialty.

Most lay midwives with a lot of experience are just as skilled at understanding the birth process, identifying problems etc., but they lack the power to really do much about it if something DOES go wrong, beyond helping to transport you and making sure you get to a hospital quickly. I don't think it's really good that people look down on them as lesser, necessarily. Hiring a lay midwife can be a really good option for people who live near a medical center and want to save a lot of money, or who maybe don't have insurance, or are in similar situations that'd make it difficult to afford a $10-30,000+ hospital visit.

I think people are exaggerating a bit about the Duggars trying to lie about her qualifications. They have said multiple times that she is still studying and have said that she and Jana are doulas (their words) with Jill studying to be a midwife. I don't think they've ever given the impression that she can practice independently yet.

Obviously Jill can't be a nurse midwife (unless she goes to nursing school - not likely...) but she can (and I'm sure soon will) be a lay midwife like Venessa. Arkansas clearly does have some kind of licensure process for lay midwifery, though I'm sure it's pretty lax and just boils down to apprenticeship hours, since lay midwivery is obviously a pretty nonformal career.

Anyway, it's not true that being a lay midwife doesn't make you a "real" midwife - it's just very, very different. A CNM has a lot more power to handle more serious medical conditions or processes (for example, I doubt a lay midwife could or would know how to run an IV or dose medication) and most nurse midwives have years and years of experience in nursing, plus a master's degree in their specialty.

Most lay midwives with a lot of experience are just as skilled at understanding the birth process, identifying problems etc., but they lack the power to really do much about it if something DOES go wrong, beyond helping to transport you and making sure you get to a hospital quickly. I don't think it's really good that people look down on them as lesser, necessarily. Hiring a lay midwife can be a really good option for people who live near a medical center and want to save a lot of money, or who maybe don't have insurance, or are in similar situations that'd make it difficult to afford a $10-30,000+ hospital visit.

Jill will never be a midwife, lay or otherwise, unless she and Derrick leave ATI/Bill Gothard/super conservative fundamentalist Christianity. Their whole belief system revolves around women staying at home to serve their husbands and family. If Jill has to go deliver a baby there is no one to cook for Derrick, can't have that. Some jobs, as long as we don't actually call them jobs, are ok as long as you are using it to minister to people - basically everything the Duggar women do - speaking engagements, writing and promoting books, and being on their show.

Also, Jill took time off from her studies to plan her wedding, adjust to being married, and have her first and second trimesters of pregnancy. Does that sound like someone who is going to go back and finish her studies in her third trimester? With a newborn? With a toddler and pregnant again? With 8 kids under 10? I highly doubt it. Jill said it herself, midwifery was a great thing to do in her single years, but now she's done.

ETA: I should clarify. Jill said only that midwifery was a great thing to do during her single years. She never said she was done, I just think that.

I think Jill will continue with it, though maybe to a somewhat limited capacity. I doubt she'll be working anything remotely close to full time. If she ran her own midwife "business" with Venessa, they would have a lot of flexibility around Jill's family - especially since Jill's family is nearby and could babysit if she had to leave on short notice - and I still think it is possible they could have births in that enormous house. It is very close to a hospital (I think less than 2 miles) and definitely has the extra space, so it seems like a pretty good location, and it would explain why they got such a huge house to begin with.

I've always thought it was weird that they show Venessa so much, and it's always made me wonder if Jill and Venessa have planned on really "going into business" together for years now. It just seems like a weird coincidence to show Venessa so much on the show. They don't really just feature random unimportant people very often.

I don't think Derick would have any problem with Jill working if she wanted it - just my impression, of course, and I could be wrong. Didn't his mom work even when his dad was still alive? It seemed like she had a pretty long and relatively uninterrupted career on her resume site we found a while back, if I remember right? I think if midwifery made Jill happy, neither she nor Derick would have any issue with her pursuing it. He's never said anything to suggest that he believes it is wrong for a woman to work or pursue her own interests outside the home, though obviously he does see himself as needing to take on the "provider" role.

I can see that. Jill would be the type to be a PTA Mom if she believed in public school. She doesn't strike me as a type who will just lounge around the house once the daily chores are done.

If nothing else, she's gonna help care for and deliver all her future nieces and nephews who are nearby and probably some of her church friends who go that route. Give it a few years, that will be enough to be close to a full time job.

Anyone have the answer?

Lol. Still no news. Only on FJ can we spend 11 pages talking about something we have no idea the answer to. Oh, and getting sidetracked.

In terms of Jill and her MW quest, even when single she never completed the process, which includes passing a written exam. If she did not find the time, motivation and effort needed before marriage, pregnancy and a baby, she'll likely never find it now-

Sorry-

i think it's smart of them to keep their home location hidden. The world is a frightening place, and they've attracted negative attention.

I just read the comments about Jessa on a photo she is in on Anna's Instagram. If I were her I would be scared to even let people know the town I lived in. There are some sick, sick people out there. :shock:

I just read the comments about Jessa on a photo she is in on Anna's Instagram. If I were her I would be scared to even let people know the town I lived in. There are some sick, sick people out there. :shock:

The downside to being sold to paying customers (the TV audience) for quick, easy cash.

The only people to blame are her parents- they took the easy way out by selling their kids' privacy, anonymity and special life moments for cash...sad really.

I think Jill will continue with it, though maybe to a somewhat limited capacity. I doubt she'll be working anything remotely close to full time. If she ran her own midwife "business" with Venessa, they would have a lot of flexibility around Jill's family - especially since Jill's family is nearby and could babysit if she had to leave on short notice - and I still think it is possible they could have births in that enormous house. It is very close to a hospital (I think less than 2 miles) and definitely has the extra space, so it seems like a pretty good location, and it would explain why they got such a huge house to begin with.

I've always thought it was weird that they show Venessa so much, and it's always made me wonder if Jill and Venessa have planned on really "going into business" together for years now. It just seems like a weird coincidence to show Venessa so much on the show. They don't really just feature random unimportant people very often.

I don't think Derick would have any problem with Jill working if she wanted it - just my impression, of course, and I could be wrong. Didn't his mom work even when his dad was still alive? It seemed like she had a pretty long and relatively uninterrupted career on her resume site we found a while back, if I remember right? I think if midwifery made Jill happy, neither she nor Derick would have any issue with her pursuing it. He's never said anything to suggest that he believes it is wrong for a woman to work or pursue her own interests outside the home, though obviously he does see himself as needing to take on the "provider" role.

Derick and his beliefs are not the obstacle.

Err I’ve followed Jill on twitter from the beginning and I’m pretty sure that Jill never once followed Jessa on twitter. Nor Ben though she follows them both on Instagram. I think it was just an oversight and Jill probably doesn’t even realize that her sister and Ben have twitter accounts. She doesn't appear to use twitter that much anyway. If you look at her tweets, 99% of them are linked from her Instagram account. Jill's much more active there and I see her liking Jessa's and Ben's posts all the time. So clearly, no beef.

Shesh, the media sure likes making up stories though, don't they? I'm not kidding when I say that a few days ago a fan tweeted Jill asking her why she wasn't following Jessa. I bet anything that's where the "source" for this fake rumor came from. Some troll for the Inquisitir saw that tweet and decided to fabricate a complete BS story about the two Duggar sisters feuding on social media. :roll:

The downside to being sold to paying customers (the TV audience) for quick, easy cash.

The only people to blame are her parents- they took the easy way out by selling their kids' privacy, anonymity and special life moments for cash...sad really.

True, if she wasn't a public figure due to her parents choices it's much less likely there would be people commenting about how they want to kidnap her so that they can do any number of sexual things to her specific body parts. The same could be said of Malia Obama. Who had a blow up on twitter due only partially to some congressional staffer snarking on her acting like a teenager. If that wasn't bad enough it turned into a big jerk off fest of comments from people who want to do any number of explicit sexual things to her specific body parts.

Yes, it would be safer if these young women weren't in the public eye.

But shouldn't the people making the vile rape comments be the ones who are actually to blame?

1. The twitter thing has a post of its own I think....

2. Jill is DONE being anything but a wife.

3. Jana, therefore, has escaped having to go to doula training that she never seemed to give a damn about.

4. One of the reasons I'm surprised Jill is living in the mansion IS security. A Stay at home wife with a new baby in a HUGE house all alone be scary enough without being known from tv and people seeing the house on tv! I actually DO wonder if Jim-Bob has security out there for them. I know he put in the gate at their house becuase people were coming up to the door...........

True, if she wasn't a public figure due to her parents choices it's much less likely there would be people commenting about how they want to kidnap her so that they can do any number of sexual things to her specific body parts. The same could be said of Malia Obama. Who had a blow up on twitter due only partially to some congressional staffer snarking on her acting like a teenager. If that wasn't bad enough it turned into a big jerk off fest of comments from people who want to do any number of explicit sexual things to her specific body parts.

Yes, it would be safer if these young women weren't in the public eye.

But shouldn't the people making the vile rape comments be the ones who are actually to blame?

Yes. It's like the people that stole my stuff from my unlocked shed. Stealing is wrong; you shouldn't do it; and culpability falls entirely on the criminals.

But also, crime is, unfortunately, part of living in a flawed human society. I need to accept that and protect myself by putting a lock on my shed. Ditto to locking your doors/windows at night.

Yes. It's like the people that stole my stuff from my unlocked shed. Stealing is wrong; you shouldn't do it; and culpability falls entirely on the criminals.

But also, crime is, unfortunately, part of living in a flawed human society. I need to accept that and protect myself by putting a lock on my shed. Ditto to locking your doors/windows at night.

True. The question is, what protections are reasonable. If I never leave my house, I won't be mugged. Is it reasonable not to leave my house just so I don't get mugged? Probably not.

So while I blame JB&M for a LOT of things, blaming them for their daughters getting rape threats is not one of them. That is no one's fault but the persons' who do it.

The latest pic jessa posted makes me think she is living with jill and derrick. The kitchen counters and back splash look.identical

Posted two new pics this morning showing her breakfast she made (an omlet with various veggies incorporated). The countertop and backsplash dont look fancy enough to what I think I may remember being in Grandma Duggars old house. I guess they could have had it renovated (perhaps what JD was referring to before in regards to construction?), but Im not sure.

This speculating and guessing business is fun. :) I like that they havent come out and said where they are living yet. Perhaps besides safety reasons, this gives them a chance to be at peace without leghumpers showing up at their door.

The latest pic jessa posted makes me think she is living with jill and derrick. The kitchen counters and back splash look.identical

While that may be the case, I wonder too if they live elsewhere and JimBob happened to have some countertop left over from the remodel of the mansion, and used it to renovate Jessa's house. (where ever that may be.) We all know he likes a good deal, perhaps bought it in bulk and set some back for future projects?

(not discounting your theory, just adding to the possibilities.) :)

The counters look the same but the backsplash looks different. I'm going to hope Jim Bob just got a great deal on granite and installed them in all his houses.

Archived