IGNORED

Where are Jessa and Ben living?

anjulibai

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I SO HOPE they are gonna live near his family. Not a big fan of any of their beliefs, but at least Ben's family seem a little more normal & hip. Does anyone remember the little brick house Ben & JB fixed up last year? I bet that house is a possibility. Let's remember Ben & Jessa are employed by TLC at the moment so I'm sure they have some cash stashed somewhere. Still don't agree with them being married, they are definitely making more money than my broke as at the moment.

I doubt they will live far from the TTC. Ben does work for JB now. :roll:

I'm surprised nothing has been released about this. I thought we knew way before Jill and Derick's wedding where they were living.

A very tiny place that will be provided by JB. Jessa already alluded to the size when she spoke of a living in a "cottage". She was paving the way because she knows exactly what JB was offering. Hope it has storage space for the wedding haul...or maybe they'll store the stuff in Ben's bachelor pad?

I agree that as long as JB owns Ben, the leash will be very short.

They will probably start out in the room above the shed or maybe in one of the tour busses. Possibly in a house nearby that JB owns. Someone else thought that maybe they will be forced to share the temporary McMansion that Jill and Derrick are in.

How on earth would they be able to support living on their own unless they both work??

I have a feeling that they're going to be gone for three weeks so Boob and the boys can put together a mini TTC on their property... Or one of those little barns.

I'm still holding out hope that they are not on a JB property at all. Or not even staying in Arkansas. Please!! Where ever they end up, we should know once they are back from their trip and the social media stuff starts up again.

Northwest Arkansas is not exactly the place to be when you need a job that will support a wife and soon to be many kids. Ben can't clean JB's toilets forever. I think Jim Bob would pull some political strings and do absolutely whatever he could to make Ben and Jessa not look like immature freeloaders who were not prepared for marriage. Unless Ben gets a real estate license or something like that where he can ACTUALLY work with Jim Bob (doing a real job) I don't see them staying in Tontitown.

I predict a small house and lots of Michelle's blank bug-eyed expressions as she goes on about them "living on love" when we all know they're getting paychecks from TLC and aren't even remotely close to broke.

I so hope that Ben finishes his online college courses, gets some kind of degree and gets a real job.

Maybe Boob can pull some strings. Although it would be much better if he could get some real degree like his brother-in-law Derick. Accounting may be boring for some, but at least its a solid job with which he can support his wife and his future kids.

And about the living situation: nobody really knows. But I guess it will be on some family property, from the Duggars or the Seewalds, cause it's not like Ben could afford anything else right now.

I don't know, but I thought one fundie rule was that you could only get married, if the groom was able to support himself and his wife?

Call me an outlier, but I dont think JB owns Ben anymore. I feel so corny saying this but how JB was doing Ben reminds me of the Bible story of Jacob and Rachel. Rachel's father, Laban, was very similar to JB in that he made Jacob work for him before marrying his daughter (but Laban was alot worse than JB, he tricked Jacob and made him marry the oldest, Leah after working for 7 years, and then made him work 7 more years for Rachel's hand). However, once Jacob married the one he wanted, Rachel, he and his real life sisterwives left, even after Laban pursued him and tried to get him to stay.

I guess what im trying to say is like Ben, much like Jacob, waited it out and allowed his future father in law to make him his "rhymes with itch", knowing that once he married his bride the joke will be on the father; he got the girl. While Ben is not especially skilled or educated, he is in school and has a family that loves and supports him, and most important a dad that was really ticked off by Jim Bob's courting antics. Im pretty sure Michael has like a manufactured house business; he could easily get the resources required to build his son and daughter in law a home closer to them in Hot Springs. I think JB would have to pull another Stoney Brook out of his pocket to get Benessa to stay with him.

I think the housing war is why theyre on a 3 week honeymoon, Michael and JB are duking out headship.

3 week honeymoon? Good lord... hope they're keeping some of that Wedding cash in the bank.

I feel like JB would have made a bigger deal about them staying close to him if they were for sure doing that. My money is on them moving closer to Hot Springs. Maybe beauty school can be in Jessa's future while Bin finishes his degree.

Maybe the Seewald's have an extra bedroom they can live in. I think that would be better than crashing in one of JB's rent houses and still being under his thumb.

In a way, it is a good thing that Bin and Jessa are keeping so much private. As much as we'd love to snark, I like that someone is standing up to her cash hungry parents. :)

They're actually quite cute together in that pic. (Meant in a non creepy un Jim Bob Duggar like way!)

There's always the former Josh/Anna chateau unless Grandma has a new renter.

What ever happened to the house JD bought from the bank and was fixing up? Maybe they can live there until he sells it?

I don't know, but I thought one fundie rule was that you could only get married, if the groom was able to support himself and his wife?

I don't know if that's a general fundie rule, or a Gothard/ATI rule -- but yes, that is apparently one of the supposed requirements. But if you are a Duggar, you can thumb your nose at the rules.

I predict JimBob will provide that small cottage Jessa referred to - either on or near the Duggar property. Ben will continue to "work for" JimBob, and that's how they will provide a veneer of "Ben is supporting his wife," when in fact the newlyweds will be accepting welfare from JimBob. But hey, they get to have all the sex they want!

I predict lots of cottages on the TTH grounds. A sort of red neck version of the Kennedy compound.

Boob isn't letting his girls get too far out of his sight if he can help it. I think there is an underlying unhealthy dynamic between him and his daughters, one that perhaps developed from a combination of Michelle's lack of maternal instinct coupled with their desire to embrace paternalism. (I say "desire" because it seems this paternalism does not extend to their view of their sons-in-law and their roles.)

Jim Bob is the more involved, and clearly more affectionate parent. Seeing him with the little girls in one of the TH's last week (Josie is energy, Jordyn is adorable, and Jenny is sweet) it's obvious he adores them and they are very comfortable with him. But he appears to truly see himself as the "keeper of their hearts" and letting go of those hearts seems an almost impossible task for him. I see the TLC show as being 95% staged bullshit, but I think his despair over Jill leaving home was genuine. And the thought of Jinger and Joy and Hannie all leaving him in the coming years is probably killing him.

So he'll try to use his money and his power over them to keep as close to him as possible. Whether it will actually work or not is an open question, although I hope the daughters all get as far from Tontitown as they can.

I predict lots of cottages on the TTH grounds. A sort of red neck version of the Kennedy compound..

When I read this line, my first thought was, "I wonder if their zoning regulations would allow that." Then I looked at where their house is, and it looks like right across the street from them (a little to the left) looks like an industrial area...a landfill or a sand quarry, perhaps? But the other houses in the immediate area to the right of them (from above) seem very, very nice...pools, tennis courts, etc. Some farm fields and BIG chicken houses to the left of and behind them. So it is hard to tell if this is the kind of place where he could subdivide the property or even get permission to build more dwellings.

(And is that big industrial-looking storage building next to them, right on the road, where Bin has been shacking up?)

virtualglobetrotting.com/map/the-duggar-familys-house/view/google/

When I read this line, my first thought was, "I wonder if their zoning regulations would allow that." Then I looked at where their house is, and it looks like right across the street from them (a little to the left) looks like an industrial area...a landfill or a sand quarry, perhaps? But the other houses in the immediate area to the right of them (from above) seem very, very nice...pools, tennis courts, etc. Some farm fields and BIG chicken houses to the left of and behind them. So it is hard to tell if this is the kind of place where he could subdivide the property or even get permission to build more dwellings.

(And is that big industrial-looking storage building next to them, right on the road, where Bin has been shacking up?)

virtualglobetrotting.com/map/the-duggar-familys-house/view/google/

That's a quarry across the street from them. The part that makes me wonder is that semi garage at the front of the property. I find that to be odd.

Holy crap, how much of that land do they own???? That house is huge on its own, about 7000 square feet, isn't it? So they must have miles of land!

Holy crap, how much of that land do they own???? That house is huge on its own, about 7000 square feet, isn't it? So they must have miles of land!

They have 20 acres. A square mile though is 640 acres so they really don't have a lot of land.

They have 20 acres. A square mile though is 640 acres so they really don't have a lot of land.

Well, it's all relative.

Most places, a typical 4 bedroom suburban house on an acre of land is on a very large plot. We're on a 1/2 acre and it's too damn much, especially this time of year.

Not suggesting they'd ever be allowed to put 20 houses on their property, but I can see Boob pulling enough strings or making enough changes to get 5 or 6 houses built there.

That was Daddy Arndt's dream when he bought his large plot of land in southern Illinois. However, his manboys have shown no inclination to find wives.

Archived