IGNORED

Where are Jessa and Ben living?

anjulibai

I've said something similar before-- that any of the kids could blackmail their parents if they felt strongly enough. One tell-all interview and the Duggar empire comes crashing down. One escapee and JB and Michelle will lose their crown as Parents of the Year. For all we know that's what has happened with Jana. Maybe she balked at an arranged romance or being featured in the TV show and said she wouldn't make waves as long as they let her go.

The only thing the Duggars have over these adult children is the threat of being cut off from the family (and going to hell) but if they make their lives miserable enough then who knows what will happen?

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still suspect TLC has put some safeguards in place for the "kids" (both adult children and minors). They've had enough issues with their reality families that I think they have covered their asses when it comes to the kids.

I think FJ sometimes gives JB a little too much credit with the control of the show. He's a control freak but he still has to kowtow to the production and TLC. He's not on the production team. (They have a massive team too. Full crew list is here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1307083/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast)

Figure 8 Productions learned a LOT from all the shit that Jon & Kate went through - and money was a big part of that... they're gonna make sure they don't have the same issues. I'm sure the Duggar kids aren't getting their fair due, but I don't think it's as dire as many people on here think.

wow, that is a LOT of people (it includes past crew, i assume, but still) TLC isn't going to cancel their cash cow.

The sidebar photos of those actors, so funny. Especially Chris Rock -- his expression in that picture sums up the crazy pretty well. :lol:

Jessa has the hots for Ben even if she doesn't really like him/respect him. She's hot for him. She threatened to tell all so she got to marry him to save face. The entire point of the Quiverfull movement is to TAKE DOMINION over the US Government and state government. Hence unmarried daughters voting. An ARMY for God. Ben likely IS looking to do something toward this end. I've seen dumber people become lawyers. He could certainly become a lobbyist, especially if he starts local and builds a career to the state house and follows on the coat tails with some future senator or governor. I'm sure by age 30 he'll be smoozing just fine. We don't know what his grades are either. Not all good students seem like they are good students.

:text-+1: Quoted for truth. These people are politically dangerous to anyone who doesn't fit their agenda.

Hey TLC, here's a show I'd watch:

Seewalds: Breaking Free Razorbacks

Ben and Jessa become students at the Univ of Arkansas:

1. Ben free speech area preaching on abortion
  2. Jessa discovering her homeschool education was inadequate for college, thus remedial courses
  3. Jessa learning to cope with having to be in class every day and on time (no more Duggar time)
  4. Finding a church home
  5. Ben meets some frat boys in class and gets invited to Sigma Chi rush
  6. Jessa rushes to class in track pants

Just for starters, TLC, just for starters... that could be a very interesting show.

Hey TLC, here's a show I'd watch:

Seewalds: Breaking Free Razorbacks

Ben and Jessa become students at the Univ of Arkansas:

1. Ben free speech area preaching on abortion
  2. Jessa discovering her homeschool education was inadequate for college, thus remedial courses
  3. Jessa learning to cope with having to be in class every day and on time (no more Duggar time)
  4. Finding a church home
  5. Ben meets some frat boys in class and gets invited to Sigma Chi rush
  6. Jessa rushes to class in track pants

Just for starters, TLC, just for starters... that could be a very interesting show.

7. Jessa's irresistible urge to get a part-time job in the cafeteria, cuz hey... the quantity and quality would be nearly the same as the Duggar household. There could be an entire episode of her introducing the students to tater-tot casserole.

I don't have the time to look it up but, in one of the early specials JB said they picked that plot on which to build the TTH in the hopes that someday more of their kids would build houses on the property.

All the easier to keep tabs on them and develop more cultish behaviors.

I lived next door to my in laws and it was NOT fun.

If Debra and Raymond (Everybody Loves Raymond) thought Marie was a pest, imagine JimBoob checking every day to see if there were any more little people coming into the world ! But it would be easier to keep Mullet sitting in a corner rocking something. (Hand her a rag doll and she'll never know the difference)

I lived next door to my in laws and it was NOT fun.

DITTO. I currently live next to my inlaws, my husbands grandparents live the other way, and his brother lives the OTHER way. We literally live on a family compound lol. Anyway, IT SUCKS HARD. :pull-hair:

Jessa and Bin may be living in Grandma Duggars old home better known as the Josh and Anna Manse. Speaking of Josh and Anna does JimBob's LLC's own the house The DC Duggars are living in? I am getting conflicting reports about that. If it belongs to the Duggar LLC then I don't know what Josh and Anna were kind of whining about when they found out Jill moved into her Mansion. They certainly have a very spacious home there in DC.

7. Jessa's irresistible urge to get a part-time job in the cafeteria, cuz hey... the quantity and quality would be nearly the same as the Duggar household. There could be an entire episode of her introducing the students to tater-tot casserole.

8. Jessa and/or Bin heads to the university health clinic and discovers a whole bowl of multicolored condoms in the waiting room. Does not know what they are. Learns what they are.

The DC Duggar house is not owned by Duggars. They rent it. The property records are fairly easy to check.

I've said it before and I'll repeat: Jim Boob can't stand Jessa. He's all but called her a bitch on camera more than once. Unfortunately for Jim Boob, at least one of his daughters has a backbone and sufficient brain matter to not only get herself out of the house, she and Bin may end up with the spin-off because at the very least, Jessa's antics will be more interesting than Jill's attempts to set the land-speed record for getting pregnant again or Anna's adventures in an old RV. Bin can puff his chest out and wear anti-abortion t-shirts all he wants, but she's the breadwinner right now and will be for the foreseeable future.

If it emerges that Bin and Jessa are indeed living in Grandma's teeny little house, it makes Jim Boob a) look even cheaper and b) makes the viewers start asking questions as to why Jill got the big, beautiful house and Jessa got almost nothing from her parents. I don't think the "we'll elope" comment was a joke, either. They let Jessa marry because they were afraid of what would happen if they didn't. All that high-profile press coverage is a double-edged sword: Jim Boob's banking on that happy family image to keep the TLC dollars rolling in, and the tabloid press is rubbing their hands together at any real or imagined family turmoil to report.

Jim Boob is a bit over a barrel in my opinion. There is no appearance of a courtship on the horizon. He can BS all he wants about Tebow and the "courtship applications" for JD all he'd like, but there aren't many women who'd be interested in dealing with JD on a daily basis. He certainly isn't interesting or telegenic enough to carry the show.

Why would Tebow and his family attach themselves to this trainwreck? Again, the Duggars need him more than his family needs them and their kooky beliefs.

Hopefully, Jessa got some good legal advice on how to recover any money she made from 19KAC and make sure the checks for the People coverage, TLC's wedding broadcast, their filmed honeymoon, etcetera, are in her name and deposited into HER account.

So, I'm guessing Bin and Jessa are in Grandma's house, unless the Seewalds managed to talk them into moving closer to the University of Arkansas so Bin can finish his degree on TLC's dime. It'll be interesting to see how the leghumpers react to Jessa's "new life".

1. Jim Bob hates Jessa? That is ridiculous.

2. I love how you describe Jill. What is everyone going to say when Jesse announces she's pregnant in three weeks :? Jessa got herself out if the house but Jill didn't? Jesse and Ben could get a spinoff? When making predictions and assumptions about Jessa and Ben, remember what some were saying about Jill and Derick shortly after they were married :|

3. The elope comment was a joke. If Jim Bob didn't want Jessa and Ben to get married he wouldn't have allowed them to enter a courtship. In their religion a courtship is expected to lead to marriage. They "date with a purpose" :roll:

4. I think Jill got the mansion because it was available. Grandma's house was being rented out. I don't know where Jessa and Ben will live, but JD did say something about a building project they were doing in the summer.

5. Tim Tebow is an idiot who has many Christian fans. Jana is big in the Christian world. They would be the perfect Christian couple. Are the Duggars a train wreck? Gossip websites are making up rumours that are CLEARLY false, but their show is doing well :shrug: .

I totally get that renting a home is different than making a monthly mortgage payment, but it really bothers me that the Duggars think they're are soooo superior for having zero debt when Josh has been "cleaved" for how many years now, and he has put a lot money into someone else's pockets instead of having potentially 1/4 - 1/2 a mortgage paid off. He *is* in debt every single month to his landlord.

I really wonder if J&A will ever have enough to pay cash for a home. It's not like they're living a frugal lifestyle. If they do, will there even be the tiniest chance they will realize why so many of us go the mortgage route? Derick and Jill will probably live frugally and save up quickly for a home. Ben? Hahaha. How is he ever going to have that kind of money?

At least the Maxwells put their money where their mouth is and the sons buy homes before moving out and getting married. I'm absolutely not meaning to sound like I judge those who choose to rent instead of buy. I know there are many pros and cons to both sides and there is no right or wrong. It just bugs me that the Duggars think they're better and smarter than everyone else with money, yet their oldest son is renting a gigantic house he doesn't need while going out to eat every other day and taking trips all over. Who exactly is he supposed to be an example to?

I totally get that renting a home is different than making a monthly mortgage payment, but it really bothers me that the Duggars think they're are soooo superior for having zero debt when Josh has been "cleaved" for how many years now, and he has put a lot money into someone else's pockets instead of having potentially 1/4 - 1/2 a mortgage paid off. He *is* in debt every single month to his landlord.

I really wonder if J&A will ever have enough to pay cash for a home. It's not like they're living a frugal lifestyle. If they do, will there even be the tiniest chance they will realize why so many of us go the mortgage route? Derick and Jill will probably live frugally and save up quickly for a home. Ben? Hahaha. How is he ever going to have that kind of money?

At least the Maxwells put their money where their mouth is and the sons buy homes before moving out and getting married. I'm absolutely not meaning to sound like I judge those who choose to rent instead of buy. I know there are many pros and cons to both sides and there is no right or wrong. It just bugs me that the Duggars think they're better and smarter than everyone else with money, yet their oldest son is renting a gigantic house he doesn't need while going out to eat every other day and taking trips all over. Who exactly is he supposed to be an example to?

I'm pretty sure by now Josh has earned plenty from TLC.....I do wonder if TLC pays for the house since they modified it with special blinds, etc., for filming. Life in the DC is very expensive compare to Arkansas, but lobbyists do well. I don't imagine he saves much from THAT salary, but still. People forget that they do not have "payments" beyond utilities and may even pre-pay those (you often can and guess what, you save a bunch). I don't know if they can do that or not. He also likely got something from the sale of (or continues to get some income [small]) from the car lot. We also don't know if he and John were "rewarded" for their years and years of "diligence" in working on the house once JimBob made it "big."

I hear you. Not getting into debt is great advice for the average person, but it sickens me how they elevate it to the level of piety and godliness that they do.

Does Josh get his own TLC paycheck? Can anyone confirm such??? If not, probably best not to write comments indicating that he does. I do not think Josh owned the car lot- so selling such would not have netted him anything. It appears that Josh and Anna are s behind the curve financially speaking, they rent in a rather expensive area of the country, and have 3 small kids. Now did they live rent free when they occupied GM Mary's little house? Do Jill and Derick live rent free?

Personally, the only person I see truly controlling all the strings, including the money, is JB. For all we know, the Duggars' TLC related business pays all the kids' rents.

The amount of fancy legal dancework that JimBob and TLC would have to do to get ALL the money coming to him vs going to each separate family (Main Duggars... Josh... Dillards... Seewalds) would be staggering. Even if JB was willing to pay and play for the lawyers, TLC wouldn't because of all the possible ramifications in the long term.

I think FJ really overestimates Jim Bob's financial involvement in this area. Even he can't manipulate his way around LA lawyers - they invented and perfected manipulation. Legally, each adult MUST HAVE their own contract signed.

The adults can put the same account number down for deposit - which is probably what happens with the adult kids at home. But, unless Josh is using the First National Bank of JimBob while he is living in DC... there is no reason why he would do that. Point being, they technically all get their own paychecks. However it's divided is open to negotiation, but legally each adult gets a cut of their contractual pie.

If not, TLC has a massive lawsuit brewing in the next 3-5 years. TLC isn't gonna let that happen. They're gonna cover their asses.

Does Josh get his own TLC paycheck? Can anyone confirm such??? If not, probably best not to write comments indicating that he does. I do not think Josh owned the car lot- so selling such would not have netted him anything. It appears that Josh and Anna are s behind the curve financially speaking, they rent in a rather expensive area of the country, and have 3 small kids. Now did they live rent free when they occupied GM Mary's little house? Do Jill and Derick live rent free?

Personally, the only person I see truly controlling all the strings, including the money, is JB. For all we know, the Duggars' TLC related business pays all the kids' rents.

They rent ( o have rented for them)a huge, nice house in an expensive area, have 3 children and he has a well-paying job, plus a well-paying family business. He and his wife are in their mid twenties. What part of that is " financially behind the curve" ? How on earth do most twenty something's you know live?

The amount of fancy legal dancework that JimBob and TLC would have to do to get ALL the money coming to him vs going to each separate family (Main Duggars... Josh... Dillards... Seewalds) would be staggering. Even if JB was willing to pay and play for the lawyers, TLC wouldn't because of all the possible ramifications in the long term.

I think FJ really overestimates Jim Bob's financial involvement in this area. Even he can't manipulate his way around LA lawyers - they invented and perfected manipulation. Legally, each adult MUST HAVE their own contract signed.

The adults can put the same account number down for deposit - which is probably what happens with the adult kids at home. But, unless Josh is using the First National Bank of JimBob while he is living in DC... there is no reason why he would do that. Point being, they technically all get their own paychecks. However it's divided is open to negotiation, but legally each adult gets a cut of their contractual pie.

If not, TLC has a massive lawsuit brewing in the next 3-5 years. TLC isn't gonna let that happen. They're gonna cover their asses.

Family Limited Partnership is most likely the way they've got it organized with JB as the general partner. Everyone gets a pie of Daddy-controlled pie.

Even with a LLC or FLP, Josh would still have to sign his contract over to it. He would be paying JimBob to pay him.

That is more than likely how it works with the kids at home with their one massive family account... but again... with the other adult families now involved that is a BIG risky move that I can't see TLC willing to gamble with.

Legally Josh and Anna have to have their own contract and it would be silly to think that the contract doesn't include pay. According to property records Josh still owns the land that the car lot is on, he didn't sell the land he sold the business and is probably getting some sort of rent from the new owner.

I have seen no proof of anything.

Could someone source the record that shows Josh owns the land the car lot used to occupy? I thought I read that JB owned the prior business and lands.

How about the starter house, who owns it?

Legally, all those over 18 have signed individual contracts? Josh is 26 and the twins nearing 25, they've been legal adults for a good, long time.

Again, could someone provide a link to the businesses, land and home(s) that Josh and Anna own- thanks.

Never forget that Aunt Jody appeared on many episodes of Jon and Kate without receiving any compensation for the appearance. There was payment for using her house I believe. It was when TLC wanted to pay her that Kate had a hissy fit and cut Jody out of their lives.

And it's because of that whole Jon & Kate mess that a lot of things changed with the way TLC handles their reality shows.

Flip it around to a more recent example - Uncle Poodle is still getting paid for his unaired appearances on the episodes that they've already filmed (but won't show) of Honey Boo Boo. I believe everyone (Kids... Sugar Bear... Poodle) except for Mama June is getting at least a partial paycheck for the season that wasn't completed.

TLC is NOT gonna let another Aunt Jody situation happen. The Adult Duggars are covered.

Edit to add:

Unless TLC and JimBob sat down with all their adult children and a bunch of lawyers and worked it out.... each adult child on that show has signed their own contract.

I would like to point out that - this past season aside - they don't usually show a whole lot of the adult kids aside from one or two. There was more of a an adult kid storyline this season, but typically we don't see a lot of Jana, JD, Joseph etc.

. First of all, JB is sly and the quintessential salesman. Plus, I think he is listed as an executive producer of his show. Add that all up and it is he who has a large percentage of control over everyone's paycheck. My guess is he an Michelle get the biggest chunk and the blessings get whatever percentage he decides.

Flip it around to a more recent example - Uncle Poodle is still getting paid for his unaired appearances on the episodes that they've already filmed (but won't show) of Honey Boo Boo. I believe everyone (Kids... Sugar Bear... Poodle) except for Mama June is getting at least a partial paycheck for the season that wasn't completed.

And this is probably because Mama June's behavior violated a condition of her contract. The others didn't and were therefore entitled to compensation for their work - aired or otherwise.

Unless TLC and JimBob sat down with all their adult children and a bunch of lawyers and worked it out.... each adult child on that show has signed their own contract.

I'd love to know what the deal is. The fact that Josiah has more or less disappeared since turning 18 (I know he was at Alert much of the year but they could have worked that into an episode. And he seemed to have been edited out of Jill's wedding) makes wonder even more what's going on.

I would think TLC would want a contract with all recurring adult characters on the show. It could very well be that Jim Bob has encouraged his adult children (sans Prince Smugs) to accept a small stipend in exchange for a contract with TLC, ensuring TLC directs most of the money towards him. Maybe Josiah hasn't signed a contract. Does Jim Bob really care if Josiah isn't seen on the show?

Archived