IGNORED

Where are Jessa and Ben living?

anjulibai

I have seen no proof of anything.

Could someone source the record that shows Josh owns the land the car lot used to occupy? I thought I read that JB owned the prior business and lands.

How about the starter house, who owns it?

Legally, all those over 18 have signed individual contracts? Josh is 26 and the twins nearing 25, they've been legal adults for a good, long time.

Again, could someone provide a link to the businesses, land and home(s) that Josh and Anna own- thanks.

So I'm asking again, cause I'm really, really curious. What is the life of a typical twenty something in your circle? Cause I can't even fathom where Josh and family are somehow " behind the curve financially" for their age. It sounds like maybe you're saying they should own a home by now? Not only a home but a large, very nice home. In an expensive area. That just seems incredibly unlikely to me. It seems like unless someone came from a very wealthy family, or they invented some mega popular app, or they were a very successful entertainer -- they wouldn't be able to afford that lifestyle in a rental, let alone owning the place.

The twenty something's I know range from living with parents to having a bunch of roommates to renting average apartments

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply
. First of all, JB is sly and the quintessential salesman. Plus, I think he is listed as an executive producer of his show. Add that all up and it is he who has a large percentage of control over everyone's paycheck. My guess is he an Michelle get the biggest chunk and the blessings get whatever percentage he decides.

Jim Bob is not an executive producer of the show. Massive staff list on IMDB... but JBDuggar is not among them. Link is here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1307083/ful ... t_ov_st_sm

It kinda doesn't matter what JimBob wants... TLC is gonna protect TLC's interests. It's so unlikely and really unreasonable for them to completely rewrite work laws just to cater to Jim Bob Duggar. The man is such a small potato... there is NO benefit for TLC to get in a questionable legal situation over him and his family.

I work in the entertainment industry, and although I don't deal with TLC... I deal with similar type shows on a much smaller scale and they have to comply with those guidelines. TLC would not be exempt from the same laws.

I'm sure they are not all as fairly compensated as we would want them to be... but if they are over 18, they HAVE to have their own contract. That contract might only give them $500 and a Popsicle per season, but each adult appearing would have to sign their own or there would be a bunch of lawyers and probably no more show now that there are non-Duggars appearing.

I have seen no proof of anything.

Could someone source the record that shows Josh owns the land the car lot used to occupy? I thought I read that JB owned the prior business and lands.

How about the starter house, who owns it?

Legally, all those over 18 have signed individual contracts? Josh is 26 and the twins nearing 25, they've been legal adults for a good, long time.

Again, could someone provide a link to the businesses, land and home(s) that Josh and Anna own- thanks.

http://www.arcountydata.com/

Accesor - Washington County - Search Duggar, page 2 Great American Automotive company is listed with Josh's address in Maryland

And it's because of that whole Jon & Kate mess that a lot of things changed with the way TLC handles their reality shows.

Flip it around to a more recent example - Uncle Poodle is still getting paid for his unaired appearances on the episodes that they've already filmed (but won't show) of Honey Boo Boo. I believe everyone (Kids... Sugar Bear... Poodle) except for Mama June is getting at least a partial paycheck for the season that wasn't completed.

TLC is NOT gonna let another Aunt Jody situation happen. The Adult Duggars are covered.

Edit to add:

Unless TLC and JimBob sat down with all their adult children and a bunch of lawyers and worked it out.... each adult child on that show has signed their own contract.

I would like to point out that - this past season aside - they don't usually show a whole lot of the adult kids aside from one or two. There was more of a an adult kid storyline this season, but typically we don't see a lot of Jana, JD, Joseph etc.

How interesting - now I'm genuinely wondering if the reason we don't see more of the legal adult children on the show is because Jim Bob would be forced to give them a larger percentage of any money earned on the show. :think:

How interesting - now I'm genuinely wondering if the reason we don't see more of the legal adult children on the show is because Jim Bob would be forced to give them a larger percentage of any money earned on the show. :think:

It might not even be on JB s end. It's very likely that TLC would want to limit the number of featured adult cast members to those who are camera friendly and have an a potentially interesting storyline to follow. Less camera time equals less money they are paying out. I'm sure they try to balance that out with what might bring in viewers. Adding Ben and Derrik to the cast means more money going out -- but also means much higher ratings than watching little kids go to the dentist.

Think of any scripted ensemble cast show. When contract negotiations come up there will sometimes be dickering over who is a star, who is a recurring performer, who is in a supporting role, etc. All of those distinctions aren't just about prestige or awards -- they are also about money. The Big Bang Theory just had an issue with this. With the three main stars demanding, and getting, a much higher salary than the three

( 4?) secondary characters.

I'm wondering if maybe Josiah hasn't been living at ALert long term because he isn't interested in being on the show, and it's just much easier to film all those group scenes if he's just not there. It could be an agreement that met all their needs.

Josh and Anna get a separate cut if their names are shown at the end of an episode under the "Special Thanks" section. It has always shown "Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar Family," and shows the Smuggars if they had a substantive storyline (ie. the workout challenge episodes, or, obviously, the camping trip).

Based on this, I believe they have a contract negotiated separately from what the at-home over-18's might have. It will be interesting to see how Jill and Derick are handled now that they will be a separate entity next "season." I keep forgetting to look at the credits at the end of her wedding episode to the if the Dullards were "thanked," ie. received separate, negotiated compensation for the episode. I'll also be on the lookout after Jessa's wedding episode.

Pics released from a 3rd photographer at the Dullard nuptials confirms that she can't publish Jessa pics until her episode airs in "spring." I was hoping for a holiday special, cutting out a redux of all the shopping, etc.

http://www.arcountydata.com/

Accesor - Washington County - Search Duggar, page 2 Great American Automotive company is listed with Josh's address in Maryland

I could easily be wrong, but I think that site is a data compiler type thing and you're looking at 2007, 2008, 2009 tax records. The current records are on the official Washington County, AR, site and I don't find a Duggar Automotive there or any records relating to Josh. I didn't check all the addresses to see if Jim Bob still owns the property. They would have updated the records when Josh moved and gave them a change of address for the business. The property taxes could have been for the inventory rather the land also. Someone more versed in AR property taxes could check on that if it's important.

I could easily be wrong, but I think that site is a data compiler type thing and you're looking at 2007, 2008, 2009 tax records. The current records are on the official Washington County, AR, site and I don't find a Duggar Automotive there or any records relating to Josh. I didn't check all the addresses to see if Jim Bob still owns the property. They would have updated the records when Josh moved and gave them a change of address for the business. The property taxes could have been for the inventory rather the land also. Someone more versed in AR property taxes could check on that if it's important.

Some of it is updated, I know we talked about some land/house that JD owned at it showed 2012. I provided the link so the other person knew I wasn't talking out of my ass. It was where I found the information and why I also included step by step directions on how I found it. I really don't care what they own, whose name it is in, or anything else but others seem to need that information spelled out for them.

Yep- that does make sense. Plus, perhaps some of them would rather not be filmed-or maybe would like better compensation and are preferring to opt out for that reason.

LOL, $500 dollars and a popsicle... don't forget the 1 cent for any chore done.

So I'm asking again, cause I'm really, really curious. What is the life of a typical twenty something in your circle? Cause I can't even fathom where Josh and family are somehow " behind the curve financially" for their age. It sounds like maybe you're saying they should own a home by now? Not only a home but a large, very nice home. In an expensive area. That just seems incredibly unlikely to me. It seems like unless someone came from a very wealthy family, or they invented some mega popular app, or they were a very successful entertainer -- they wouldn't be able to afford that lifestyle in a rental, let alone owning the place.

The twenty something's I know range from living with parents to having a bunch of roommates to renting average apartments

UM, the Duggars schtick is that they do things differently- Buy used and save the difference...living debt free. Now you are attempting to compare them to every OTHER person their age...you've forgotten the schtick. THEY are DIFFERENT... My 27 yo is married, has a newborn, a home, a Master's degree...no reality TV show though-LOL

So according to the DUGGARS' parameters, they are behind the curve.

Maybe JB forgot to give Josh the financial talk that he gave Derick????

Josh and Anna get a separate cut if their names are shown at the end of an episode under the "Special Thanks" section. It has always shown "Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar Family," and shows the Smuggars if they had a substantive storyline (ie. the workout challenge episodes, or, obviously, the camping trip).

Based on this, I believe they have a contract negotiated separately from what the at-home over-18's might have. It will be interesting to see how Jill and Derick are handled now that they will be a separate entity next "season." I keep forgetting to look at the credits at the end of her wedding episode to the if the Dullards were "thanked," ie. received separate, negotiated compensation for the episode. I'll also be on the lookout after Jessa's wedding episode.

Pics released from a 3rd photographer at the Dullard nuptials confirms that she can't publish Jessa pics until her episode airs in "spring." I was hoping for a holiday special, cutting out a redux of all the shopping, etc.

Interesting info. I just checked Derick and Jill’s wedding episode and they didn’t receive any special thanks. Only thanks to “Jim Bob & Michelle and their familyâ€. Guess that’s because they weren’t technically married when their wedding was filmed? But does that mean Derick wasn’t compensated at all for his appearances this season? I certainly hope that will change next season when presumingly all of their baby stuff airs.

On a side note - does anyone else find it odd that there's hardly been any newlywed portraits of Jill and Derick, even now that their wedding has aired? Those are usually my favorite part of wedding photos! I’ve seen tons of other photos - rehearsal dinner, getting ready, ceremony, reception, group photos, but literally only 3 or 4 portraits of just the two of them. I’m not counting the pictures from their “first look†because that took place before the ceremony. Where’s all the photos from AFTER their nuptials -cheesy staged shots of them gazing into each other's eyes, leaning in for a kiss, etc.? It's not like they didn't take any because the paparazzi caught them in the middle of their shoot. But so far there’s been the one official photo from People Mag where Derick is dipping Jill and a couple more from their photographer where they’re posing in a meadow. That’s it. Compared to Ben and Jessa who are seemingly posting a new wedding photo every other day it seems like Jill and Derick have been much more restrictive over what they release. IMO it's kind of unexpected (and disappointing for me :() but good for them if they want to keep some photos private.

Interesting info. I just checked Derick and Jill’s wedding episode and they didn’t receive any special thanks. Only thanks to “Jim Bob & Michelle and their familyâ€. Guess that’s because they weren’t technically married when their wedding was filmed? But does that mean Derick wasn’t compensated at all for his appearances this season? I certainly hope that will change next season when presumingly all of their baby stuff airs.

On a side note - does anyone else find it odd that there's hardly been any newlywed portraits of Jill and Derick, even now that their wedding has aired? Those are usually my favorite part of wedding photos! I’ve seen tons of other photos - rehearsal dinner, getting ready, ceremony, reception, group photos, but literally only 3 or 4 portraits of just the two of them. I’m not counting the pictures from their “first look†because that took place before the ceremony. Where’s all the photos from AFTER their nuptials -cheesy staged shots of them gazing into each other's eyes, leaning in for a kiss, etc.? It's not like they didn't take any because the paparazzi caught them in the middle of their shoot. But so far there’s been the one official photo from People Mag where Derick is dipping Jill and a couple more from their photographer where they’re posing in a meadow. That’s it. Compared to Ben and Jessa who are seemingly posting a new wedding photo every other day it seems like Jill and Derick have been much more restrictive over what they release. IMO it's kind of unexpected (and disappointing for me :() but good for them if they want to keep some photos private.

i have seen endless

^ Where? Like I said, I’m not talking about the photos from their “first look†meeting where they’re standing outside a red brick building and white columns. That took place before their ceremony. Jill and Derick also took some photos after they got married in a meadow/lake area similar to Ben and Jessa's photos. Those are the photos I’m talking about and they’ve been very, very scarce compared to the rest of their wedding photos. Other than the People Mag one I mentioned I can remember only three others - one with them leaning against each other with their eyes closed, one where they’re going in for a kiss with Derick’s hand on Jill’s face, and one where her veil is covering both of them as he’s lifting her. That's hardly "endless".

^ Where? Like I said, I’m not talking about the photos from their “first look†meeting where they’re standing outside a red brick building and white columns. That took place before their ceremony. Jill and Derick also took some photos after they got married in a meadow/lake area similar to Ben and Jessa's photos. Those are the photos I’m talking about and they’ve been very, very scarce compared to the rest of their wedding photos. Other than the People Mag one I mentioned I can remember only three others - one with them leaning against each other with their eyes closed, one where they’re going in for a kiss with Derick’s hand on Jill’s face, and one where her veil is covering both of them as he’s lifting her. That's hardly "endless".

endless yes - on facebook and everywhere else

that's endless to me

endless yes - on facebook and everywhere else

that's endless to me

Okay. You’ve misunderstood my point because I was talking about a specific set of wedding photos that haven’t been released yet. I want to see some newlywed portraits. Not behind-the-scenes photos or photos from their First Look. Their First Look was sweet but also pretty tame and boring. Obviously Jill and Derick were restricted in the amount of affections they could show since they weren’t married yet and had their stupid courtship rules they still needed to adhere to. So it was pretty much side-hugs only galore.

I found their post-nuptials photos to be much more interesting, from the small glimpse I’ve seen anyway. I’ll reserve my full judgement until I see more photos (if they ever get released) but I preferred their newlywed portraits over Jessa and Ben’s, and I’m not just saying that as a fan of them. I thought Jessa’s wedding was more personal and well-thought out than Jill’s overall. But as for Benessa’s photos, well there’s only so much full body shots of these two leaning towards/kissing each other with her dress carefully spread out behind her under a sunset/field that I could take. The photography work is stunning but IMO they just feel a bit too overly staged. In contrast, Derick and Jill’s photos weren’t as technically stunning but I thought their photos seemed more natural and intimate, maybe because they were actually doing something other than gaze at each other or the camera. YMMV.

Sorry to have hi-jacked this thread with all this wedding photos talk LOL. Guess you could say that I'm still impatiently waiting to see more photos from Jill and Derick’s wedding. To their credit, they haven’t posted much photos on their own social media accounts. I think Jill posted exactly one and that was a repost/link to a People magazine article. And Derick - none at all. Initially I thought it was because they had a contract with TLC but judging by how freely Ben and Jessa are posting their wedding photos that doesn’t appear to have been the case. :x

In one of the most recent episodes, IIRC, Josh said he sold the car lot to a woman and her son when he left Arkansas.

Not to derail the thread once again, but I wanted to add that I am sure Famy Duggar gets her own paycheck for "her" episodes. I am sure her contract has changed since we first saw her. It might also be one of the reasons we didn't get a peep from her in Jill's wedding episode.

I'm shocked that none of these postings or selfies has given away the home location of the Seebald newlyweds!

In one of the most recent episodes, IIRC, Josh said he sold the car lot to a woman and her son when he left Arkansas.

I tend not to fully believe anything that comes out of the Duggars' mouths as they like to take an idea and twist it to represent what they want to portray. According to the Duggars, Jill is a midwife-

I tend not to fully believe anything that comes out of the Duggars' mouths as they like to take an idea and twist it to represent what they want to portray. According to the Duggars, Jill is a midwife-

If she's a midwife, I'm Donald Trump.

:evil-eye:

I totally get that renting a home is different than making a monthly mortgage payment, but it really bothers me that the Duggars think they're are soooo superior for having zero debt when Josh has been "cleaved" for how many years now, and he has put a lot money into someone else's pockets instead of having potentially 1/4 - 1/2 a mortgage paid off. He *is* in debt every single month to his landlord.

I really wonder if J&A will ever have enough to pay cash for a home. It's not like they're living a frugal lifestyle. If they do, will there even be the tiniest chance they will realize why so many of us go the mortgage route? Derick and Jill will probably live frugally and save up quickly for a home. Ben? Hahaha. How is he ever going to have that kind of money?

At least the Maxwells put their money where their mouth is and the sons buy homes before moving out and getting married. I'm absolutely not meaning to sound like I judge those who choose to rent instead of buy. I know there are many pros and cons to both sides and there is no right or wrong. It just bugs me that the Duggars think they're better and smarter than everyone else with money, yet their oldest son is renting a gigantic house he doesn't need while going out to eat every other day and taking trips all over. Who exactly is he supposed to be an example to?

Well, you can't really compare the Maxwell sons situation to Joshs. The Maxwells live in an area where you can find houses for a really low price (according to my realtor researches). And if you have family who will help you renovate it, then you can have a whole house for a price which wouldn't even buy you a garage in the D.C. area. Especially if you want to live in a safe neighborhood.

It really depends where you live if you can afford to buy a home without debt, most people could buy a house in some areas in Detroit right now, but most people prefer to rent instead of buying a 1000 (or even less) dollar home in a really bad neighborhood.

Well, you can't really compare the Maxwell sons situation to Joshs. The Maxwells live in an area where you can find houses for a really low price (according to my realtor researches). And if you have family who will help you renovate it, then you can have a whole house for a price which wouldn't even buy you a garage in the D.C. area. Especially if you want to live in a safe neighborhood.

It really depends where you live if you can afford to buy a home without debt, most people could buy a house in some areas in Detroit right now, but most people prefer to rent instead of buying a 1000 (or even less) dollar home in a really bad neighborhood.

Until last year, so 5 years in total, Josh/Anna lived in AR, which has a very inexpensive COL- why didn't he own his own home during that time?

Until last year, so 5 years in total, Josh/Anna lived in AR, which has a very inexpensive COL- why didn't he own his own home during that time?

I think he was living at Grandma Duggars house, wasn't he? And he probably didn't have to pay any rent. So why would he buy is own home if he was living rent-free?

Of course, that is typical Duggar hypocrisy to claim that they make the kids "leave and cleave" but still let them live in houses owned by them. That's not my point, I was just saying that you can't compare Joshs situation now (renting instead of buying a home in the D.C. area) with the Maxwell sons situation (buying a house as soon as they leave home in their rural area).

Archived