IGNORED

Where are Jessa and Ben living?

anjulibai

I agree that FRC would probably be good for Jessa and Ben in some ways, but I just can't bring myself to wish Ben would get a job there. I think FRC has been struggling a bit recently (which is probably why they were willing to hire Josh to begin with) and I would just love to see them crash and burn. IMO they are already really having trouble reworking their priorities because they know same sex marriage is a lost cause. That's why the anti-choice focus has been so strong lately, I think. They're not investing money in stopping same sex marriage anymore and it's all moving into the abortion legislation pool.

But DC seems to have made Josh and Anna so much more tolerable. I think Jessa would enjoy being around some non-Duggars and non-Arkansans for sure. Is it bad that I could see them moving to the city and her growing increasingly bored with Ben and divorcing him 5 years down the road? I honestly want them to be happy and hope that it works out, but it's just hard for me to envision 30 year old Jessa still being satisfied with Ben. I just think it tends to be a bad sign when you have the type of relationship where you'll roll your eyes when your spouse says things you think are stupid nonstop - right now the horny feelings are winning out, but those die down with time and sometimes all you're left with is the eye rolls...

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that FRC would probably be good for Jessa and Ben in some ways, but I just can't bring myself to wish Ben would get a job there. I think FRC has been struggling a bit recently (which is probably why they were willing to hire Josh to begin with) and I would just love to see them crash and burn. IMO they are already really having trouble reworking their priorities because they know same sex marriage is a lost cause. That's why the anti-choice focus has been so strong lately, I think. They're not investing money in stopping same sex marriage anymore and it's all moving into the abortion legislation pool.

But DC seems to have made Josh and Anna so much more tolerable. I think Jessa would enjoy being around some non-Duggars and non-Arkansans for sure. Is it bad that I could see them moving to the city and her growing increasingly bored with Ben and divorcing him 5 years down the road? I honestly want them to be happy and hope that it works out, but it's just hard for me to envision 30 year old Jessa still being satisfied with Ben. I just think it tends to be a bad sign when you have the type of relationship where you'll roll your eyes when your spouse says things you think are stupid nonstop - right now the horny feelings are winning out, but those die down with time and sometimes all you're left with is the eye rolls...

The Republicans picked up 10 Senate seats and lemon-sucking Mitch will be leader. The game has changed.

I think we have to distinguish between what would be good for Jessa and Bin, and what would be good for the rest of the population (minus some crazy fundies), those are opposed interests. Would it be beneficial for Jessa, if Bin would get a secure job there? I think it sure would be. But would it be good for the citizens if FRC would crash and burn? Hell yes.

The Republicans picked up 10 Senate seats and lemon-sucking Mitch will be leader. The game has changed.

But the population hasn't. Unless they can gerrymander and voter-suppress to force their agenda, their days are numbered.

Eh, only temporarily. I think people forget sometimes how the senate tends to flip flop back and forth.

I mean, I wasn't happy with the results, of course, but I can't say I was surprised. It will be a frustrating two years trying to get anything passed at all, but next election cycle there will be several (or possibly more than several) Republican seats that could go blue.

My point I guess is that I don't think the election results represent any real widespread change toward the social issues FRC focuses on. I think the biggest issue democrats have in non-presidential election years is voter turnout, and that was a huge issue this year. You couldn't pay old white guys to miss out on their chance to vote, but young people tend to get worked up over highly publicized presidential elections and then unfortunately forget to vote in their local elections, which can be just as (or sometimes more!) important.

Here's a partial list of "Duggar" search results from the Washington County Personal Property & Real Estate Tax Records website arcountydata.com/propsearch.asp

I looked up most of these addresses back when FJ was trying to ID the cat house, but I don't remember many details. Several of the properties don't have houses on them, iirc.

Benton County lookup is here: arcountydata.com/search.asp

*editted because I forgot to upload the screenshot no pic because I couldn't make it small enough *shrug*

Well it looks like Joshie is delinquent on his taxes. Duggar Automotive is listed a delinquent on a few of them and it's his address listed as owner. It also appears that JD owns Jilly Muffins house per the tax collection and it is also delinquent.

ETA: Well the Stony Brook property listed in JD's name isn't Jill's house but a different house. I found it listed on a few real estate sites but not active. It's also zoned for commercial and comes back to Skelton Trucking. That company comes back to a woman though.

Boob's obviously not too desperate to rent Jill's "McMansion" or it would have been rented out already. And why does he need to?

He should, and probably is, going to use it as a newlywed "Staging" house. Each new couple can live there until they find a place of their own. (If they can't manage to get something immediately) Obviously there would be overlap with Jessa and Ben. Don't say a word about them having no privacy! These are the Duggars after all.

Is there a floorplan anywhere to that house? While it appears huge from the outside and some of the rooms are large, I can't quite work out a floorplan in my mind based on what they have shown. Sometimes houses look huge, but actually are poorly designed with no flow which makes them feel small.

Boob's obviously not too desperate to rent Jill's "McMansion" or it would have been rented out already. And why does he need to?

He should, and probably is, going to use it as a newlywed "Staging" house. Each new couple can live there until they find a place of their own. (If they can't manage to get something immediately) Obviously there would be overlap with Jessa and Ben. Don't say a word about them having no privacy! These are the Duggars after all.

Is there a floorplan anywhere to that house? While it appears huge from the outside and some of the rooms are large, I can't quite work out a floorplan in my mind based on what they have shown. Sometimes houses look huge, but actually are poorly designed with no flow which makes them feel small.

I can't remember the square footage when someone posted the real estate listing, but I remember that it was smaller than I expected. Though it's possible that it was small because maybe the basement area was unfinished and not included?

I'm not sure what exactly will happen with the house, but I don't think they'd be likely to put two couples in it at once unless it was actually divided into two separate units with full kitchens, laundry etc. If there's one thing Jim Bob and Michelle want to ensure, it's that they have plenty of sex and babies. Doubt many women want to hear their sister having sex in the next room, but then again - it's the Duggars, who knows what it'd take to weird them out...

I imagine that by now, because of how small the house they spent years living in, the sound of a couple having sex in the next room is totally normal to them.

I imagine that by now, because of how small the house they spent years living in, the sound of a couple having sex in the next room is totally normal to them.

I bet you Derick is very quite :D

and Ben very loud with the way he always made those noises during those TH's

I bet you Derick is very quite :D

and Ben very loud with the way he always made those noises during those TH's

Yep. There goes my lunch. :ew: Mental image of every Duggar couple having sex...and all thrown at me at once...it might be a while until I can eat again.

Well it looks like Joshie is delinquent on his taxes. Duggar Automotive is listed a delinquent on a few of them and it's his address listed as owner. It also appears that JD owns Jilly Muffins house per the tax collection and it is also delinquent.

ETA: Well the Stony Brook property listed in JD's name isn't Jill's house but a different house. I found it listed on a few real estate sites but not active. It's also zoned for commercial and comes back to Skelton Trucking. That company comes back to a woman though.

Right. I'm looking at it again, in Google Maps. Also, I searched 5723 W Stoney Brook (Jill's house) in hopes of finding floor plan pics. What I actually found was old listings for several acres BETWEEN "JD's house" and "Jill's house;" a large (to me) parcel that surrounds, but doesn't include, "Jill's house." *is confused all over again*

I put that address into Zillow and it shows the property (nearly 21 acres) for that address is bank owned and in foreclosure. However, the house looks as though it is outside the property boundary, even though a photo of it is included in the listing. Since JB pays cash for everything, the house must be separate from the rest of the parcel. There is no way JB would let a bank take back something he owned. But the way it is listed is odd.

I put that address into Zillow and it shows the property (nearly 21 acres) for that address is bank owned and in foreclosure. However, the house looks as though it is outside the property boundary, even though a photo of it is included in the listing. Since JB pays cash for everything, the house must be separate from the rest of the parcel. There is no way JB would let a bank take back something he owned. But the way it is listed is odd.

i saw this too and it stunned me

the mortgage amount

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5723- ... 4500_zpid/

I had read that JB only got the house not the land that went with the property. The land is worth much more than the homes in that area. When I looked it up a home was going around 500 and land was going for 40k an acre with no home. It doesn't shock me that the bank split it up. It'll help them recoup their costs.

Zillow is usually pretty out of date, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping up since it appears they may be done with their honeymoon.

Any news or speculation on where they are now residing??

The Rogers property assessor's office says the house is about 4400 square feet on one acre. Jim Bob and Michelle have owned it for nearly 3 years.

For 4.5 people, that's a lot of space. I can actually see Boob trying to make it into a two-family for both couples to share.

Either way, Ben and his bride are at the Boob's total mercy as far as living arrangements go. If JoshNAnna's old house is still around, they could end up there, but the inequity of it all will be quite glaring.

In truth, Josh and Anna's old house is quite nice as a starter home, especially for a 19 year old kid. But you are right, it would be interesting to watch JB try to explain why Jill got a castle and Jessa got a 1950's style tract home.

Jessa did say in one of her TH's that she saw her self in a cottage, so maybe she herself is just fine with a smaller house to start. Less to have to clean, furnish, decorate, etc. And also if her home is smaller, maybe she thinks that will make it harder for JB and M to farm out a bunch of the little ones to her as a free babysitting service, where as Jill's home is big enough to run a daycare out of it.

If it were me, I would prefer a smaller house. As long as the Kitchen and bathrooms were up-to-date with appliances, plumbing, fixtures and the electric wiring was up-to-date to support modern needs, and it had a basement, given that AR is in tornado alley, I would be fine. I have never seen the appeal of a huge house unless you have a huge family.

While they'll most likely end up in a small house or even Josh and Anna's old one I'm still holding out on the theory that they'll be pushed in with Jill and Derrick. Think of all the crazy sibling antics! (that are only slightly less boring than going to the dentist)

Zillow is usually pretty out of date, though.

Zillow always prices things more too. I looked at my own house on Zillow right after we bought it and it was listed for nearly 60k more than what the actual list price was.

Is Josh and Anna's old house big enough to fit all the crap they registered for?

I think Jill would have been more comfortable in Josh and Anna's old house. For all the talk of a small cottage, I do think Jessa would be happy living in Josh's old home.

Again with the josh and Anna house. They are renting it out, so why would they give up an income source? I doubt any of the new couples will be living in it any more.

Archived