IGNORED

Where are Jessa and Ben living?

anjulibai

Their address says Springdale, but from what I understand, they live in the city of Tontitown...?

Tontitown building regulations, subdivision rules, etc here, but my head is not in the game at the moment: http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.dll/ ... wn_ar$anc=

And here's a few regulations from the city of Springdale, but I am guessing they are out of the city limits and these regs wouldn't apply: http://www.springdalear.gov/department/ ... /faq_s.php

And, yes, I'm sure DimBob has already researched what he needs to do to get more buildings on it, especially since I do remember them saying they would like all the kids to build there. I do wonder if it was a joke on his part, though...he sometimes has a less-then-obvious sense of humor...

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Their address says Springdale, but from what I understand, they live in the city of Tontitown...?

Tontitown building regulations, subdivision rules, etc here, but my head is not in the game at the moment: http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.dll/ ... wn_ar$anc=

And here's a few regulations from the city of Springdale, but I am guessing they are out of the city limits and these regs wouldn't apply: http://www.springdalear.gov/department/ ... /faq_s.php

And, yes, I'm sure DimBob has already researched what he needs to do to get more buildings on it, especially since I do remember them saying they would like all the kids to build there. I do wonder if it was a joke on his part, though...he sometimes has a less-then-obvious sense of humor...

Tontitown is a suburb of Springdale but they don't live in either. I'm guessing that based on their property lines their address is Springdale but Tontitown is actually closer. It can get really odd in rural places what your address is and even what county you live in.

Tontitown is a suburb of Springdale but they don't live in either. I'm guessing that based on their property lines their address is Springdale but Tontitown is actually closer. It can get really odd in rural places what your address is and even what county you live in.

We rented a house for a year that was on the line. You only had to cross the street to be in a different county, so people on the other side of the road had a completely different address with a different county road name. It was a flippin' nightmare trying to do basic things like arrange trash pickup and even have utilities turned on. Everything came from a different town or city, none of which was the city in our address. And absolutely no one's GPS could find our house. :lol:

We rented a house for a year that was on the line. You only had to cross the street to be in a different county, so people on the other side of the road had a completely different address with a different county road name. It was a flippin' nightmare trying to do basic things like arrange trash pickup and even have utilities turned on. Everything came from a different town or city, none of which was the city in our address. And absolutely no one's GPS could find our house. :lol:

So the "city" of Tontitown is someplace else? It says City on the website I posted....but I could understand if there's a city AND a suburb of another city, both with the same name.

Yeah, one of my colleagues has the same issues. Their house is one of only three on their street to belong to county A and all other houses belong to county B. The kids go to different school districts, their trash gets picked up on different days, and yes, it is a nightmare to find their house!

I have a friend who lives in a house that is divided by the city/county line... her front is in the county; her rear is in the city. She gets trash pickup from the county, and pays taxes to the county, but if her kitchen gets broken into, she'll have to call the city police.

So the "city" of Tontitown is someplace else? It says City on the website I posted....but I could understand if there's a city AND a suburb of another city, both with the same name.

I think she was getting at the fact the postal address might say Tontitown or Sprindale but they aren't within the city limits of either.

Perhaps a multi-family building with communal kitchens, laundry, and daycare center? I wish I was 100% kidding...but I'm not. Would their zoning laws permit such a thing?

You may have something there although I don't think Mrs. Anna Duggar would be too happy with those arrangements. It would mean she would have Ma and Pa and the gang and spouses breathing down her neck making decisions for her and Joshie. No way No How I think that idea wouldn't go over big with Mrs Joshua Dugger. It would get old real fast. In thinking about it Anna never really had time to honeymoon with Joshie anyway because she had the Duggar Family always at her home from what we have seen on tv or she was always doing something with the girls. Michelle and Jimboob didn't give them time to spend alone together. The Duggar parents have always had their noses up Josh and Anna's butt from the time Anna and Josh got back from their honeymoon.

I don't think Mrs. Anna Duggar would be too happy with those arrangements. It would mean she would have Ma and Pa and the gang and spouses breathing down her neck making decisions for her and Joshie. No way No How I think that idea wouldn't go over big with Mrs Joshua Dugger. It would get old real fast. In thinking about it Anna never really had time to honeymoon with Joshie anyway because she had the Duggar Family always at her home from what we have seen on tv or she was always doing something with the girls. Michelle and Jimboob didn't give them time to spend alone together. The Duggar parents have always had their noses up Josh and Anna's butt from the time Anna and Josh got back from their honeymoon.

I think Josh and Anna have a lot of independence now and they do seem to be enjoying it. I don't know if I can see them ever going back to Arkansas. They look very happy in DC, and even if Josh's job doesn't last forever, I don't really get the impression he'd be eager to move back to the Duggar compound, or anywhere even remotely close to Arkansas. Maybe to another city or large suburb.

Also, I think we should probably give the Duggar kids a little more credit. I think they will all really enjoy being on their own with their spouses when the time comes and will want some privacy and independence. I'm not sure they'd necessarily even be interested in a compound, though I'm sure Michelle would love it because she might put her head in the oven if she doesn't find a baby soon.

I think Josh and Anna have a lot of independence now and they do seem to be enjoying it. I don't know if I can see them ever going back to Arkansas. They look very happy in DC, and even if Josh's job doesn't last forever, I don't really get the impression he'd be eager to move back to the Duggar compound, or anywhere even remotely close to Arkansas. Maybe to another city or large suburb.

Also, I think we should probably give the Duggar kids a little more credit. I think they will all really enjoy being on their own with their spouses when the time comes and will want some privacy and independence. I'm not sure they'd necessarily even be interested in a compound, though I'm sure Michelle would love it because she might put her head in the oven if she doesn't find a baby soon.

Here's hoping that your right about the privacy and independence of Josh and Anna since they always seem to be in Arkansas or on the FRC Looney Tune Bus most of the time with the rest of the Duggars. I did enjoy the holiday episode when Boob decided to show up early at the DC house because of an impending storm and Josh sounded annoyed and Anna well She didn't look to pleased but that could be good acting on her part.

This might be the entirely wrong thread to put this in but - it is part of where Ben and Jessa live question

So after watching the season and actually believing that poor ben lives above a garage and below him was all that waste and garbage - I was horrified for him sometimes, (plus what must his mother think) and his reaction of him of moving in - I actually fell for it -- how insane am I

Now cue to six - eight months later and I watch the newest video that the lovely young howlers have created and they are using Ben's "room" - except they use some other part of his apartment - I BET YOU any amount of dollars that "room" that they showed us was scripted (and you all probably knew that ) was purely so they could have a plot point..I mean why would they show us a nice normal apartment like the one they showed the howlers playing their music in.....

so to my guess I bet you Ben and Jessa will live there

Boy do I feel stupid as a viewer

these people are master manipulators

but still happy for jessa and Ben :D

Not saying you're not right, but didn't they mention in the show that they were working on that place but it wasn't finished yet? So it may just be that in the past few months they've actually finished it.

From the looks of it it still seems like it would be a raw deal for Jessa and Ben considering Jill got a freaking mansion.

To be fair, Derrick also has his own, outside the family job. So hypothetically the house/furniture are the only handout they get, and they are able to cover their own cost of living.

Personally, I see the job for Ben as a handout since honestly, JB could have his sons do all those "chores" for free. So from what I see on the show, JB and M are basically still supporting Jessa and Ben.

The value of the job + apartment is probably somewhat close to what the mansion + furniture cost to JB. And again, since Derrick has independent income coming in to cover the cost of living/upkeep of the mansion, it was probably beneficial to JB to let them use it at cost. I really don't see that as favoritism to Jill.

HOWEVER

You can't always expect to have the same standard of living as your siblings. If your sister marries an accountant and you marry a teenager without a college degree, you should probably get used to her having a higher standard of living than you, at least for a while. If Jessa really cared about living in a mansion....she probably should have married someone with more guaranteed earning power.

again I won't compare Jill and Derick to Ben and Jessa because they are two separate issues

I am from the camp that thinks Jill is JB's favorite so she gets that house until she no longer wants it.

as for Ben he is 19 and that apartment from what we saw of it - looked really good - it had granite counter tops and looked cozy. what else does a 19 year need, I know when I was 19 and moved out - I lived in a bachelor apartment and no granite counter tops.

I do think Ben and Jessa will get a cottage like she wanted - I just have that feeling - although until that "cottage " is ready - I think they will be fine in that apartment, and I am hoping she doesn't get pregnant as fast as Jill. They are the ones who should enjoy themselves.

Here's a partial list of "Duggar" search results from the Washington County Personal Property & Real Estate Tax Records website arcountydata.com/propsearch.asp

I looked up most of these addresses back when FJ was trying to ID the cat house, but I don't remember many details. Several of the properties don't have houses on them, iirc.

Benton County lookup is here: arcountydata.com/search.asp

*editted because I forgot to upload the screenshot no pic because I couldn't make it small enough *shrug*

To be fair, Derrick also has his own, outside the family job. So hypothetically the house/furniture are the only handout they get, and they are able to cover their own cost of living.

Personally, I see the job for Ben as a handout since honestly, JB could have his sons do all those "chores" for free. So from what I see on the show, JB and M are basically still supporting Jessa and Ben.

The value of the job + apartment is probably somewhat close to what the mansion + furniture cost to JB. And again, since Derrick has independent income coming in to cover the cost of living/upkeep of the mansion, it was probably beneficial to JB to let them use it at cost. I really don't see that as favoritism to Jill.

HOWEVER

You can't always expect to have the same standard of living as your siblings. If your sister marries an accountant and you marry a teenager without a college degree, you should probably get used to her having a higher standard of living than you, at least for a while. If Jessa really cared about living in a mansion....she probably should have married someone with more guaranteed earning power.

I agree. I wouldn't rule out that Jill is Boobs favourite and thus got the nicest home. But like you said, Derrick has a proper job with a good income, so he can support his family on his own. Ben is a kid without a job or a finished education. I wouldn't be surprised if Jessa and Ben get more financial help from Boob than Jill and Derrick get with this masion.

Also, while I think Ben should finish his education and get a real job, Jessa and Jill deserve every dollar they get from Boob. They have been working for him and J'Chelle for free since they were little girls, and helped them get money with their appearances on the show.

I agree. I wouldn't rule out that Jill is Boobs favourite and thus got the nicest home. But like you said, Derrick has a proper job with a good income, so he can support his family on his own. Ben is a kid without a job or a finished education. I wouldn't be surprised if Jessa and Ben get more financial help from Boob than Jill and Derrick get with this masion.

Also, while I think Ben should finish his education and get a real job, Jessa and Jill deserve every dollar they get from Boob. They have been working for him and J'Chelle for free since they were little girls, and helped them get money with their appearances on the show.

I agree that JB should give the girls their money they are entitled to and maybe based on that Jessa will get her cottage she wants

It would be better for them if they went it alone and got no handouts from him. As long as he can keep them financially dependent on him, he retains control over them. The married couples never really 'leave and cleave', they never become fully independent - instead they become vassal states of the Duggar Empire, paying fealty to Jim Bob.

It would be better for them if they went it alone and got no handouts from him. As long as he can keep them financially dependent on him, he retains control over them. The married couples never really 'leave and cleave', they never become fully independent - instead they become vassal states of the Duggar Empire, paying fealty to Jim Bob.

Unfortunately, the JB and M school of education and skills disbursement was all about control and limitations. Those kids have been handcuffed and handicapped...especially the girls below Jana.

I agree with this! And maybe it is unfair to consider JB paying Ben a handout since really, Jessa "earned" a lot of money for that family and she probably deserves a big paycheck for it. They owe everything they have to the kids. JB+M sure wouldn't have a show on their own.

I think Jill is a favorite, no doubt, but at the same time, I think there's probably more behind the big house. Either Jill will use it as a birthing center to work from home (I still feel like this is a pretty reasonable option, especially since it's three very separate levels with a first and second floor entrance - easy office) or SOMETHING will make use of the extra space. I just think Jim Bob is too calculating to buy a huge house like that, spend a ton of money to fix it up, clearly not try all that hard to sell it and then "give" it to Jill and Derick "until it sells" (yeah right). Even if Jill was planning on having 20 kids I don't think he would have just given it to her. Something's up. And Michelle wrote something recently about Jill still doing midwifery preparation, so I am guessing and hoping she isn't giving it up.

As for Jessa and Ben, I think Ben probably has a job lined up. We all know Jim Bob's connections run deep in Arkansas (and with fundies nationwide), and there's no doubt in my mind he'd bend over backwards to find Ben a job to avoid people's criticism that Ben was too young to marry and can't provide for Jessa. JB knows how bad it will look if Jessa is pregnant with a 19 year old "stay at home husband" finishing up college classes online with no income. Jim Bob is REALLY serious about preserving their image of being hard working, able to bring in income etc.

I am just dreading Ben finishing his "political science" degree and going to work at FRC, uhg. I hope that does not happen, but I can't say I'd be surprised. Jessa would probably LOVE DC though!

I agree with this! And maybe it is unfair to consider JB paying Ben a handout since really, Jessa "earned" a lot of money for that family and she probably deserves a big paycheck for it. They owe everything they have to the kids. JB+M sure wouldn't have a show on their own.

I think Jill is a favorite, no doubt, but at the same time, I think there's probably more behind the big house. Either Jill will use it as a birthing center to work from home (I still feel like this is a pretty reasonable option, especially since it's three very separate levels with a first and second floor entrance - easy office) or SOMETHING will make use of the extra space. I just think Jim Bob is too calculating to buy a huge house like that, spend a ton of money to fix it up, clearly not try all that hard to sell it and then "give" it to Jill and Derick "until it sells" (yeah right). Even if Jill was planning on having 20 kids I don't think he would have just given it to her. Something's up. And Michelle wrote something recently about Jill still doing midwifery preparation, so I am guessing and hoping she isn't giving it up.

As for Jessa and Ben, I think Ben probably has a job lined up. We all know Jim Bob's connections run deep in Arkansas (and with fundies nationwide), and there's no doubt in my mind he'd bend over backwards to find Ben a job to avoid people's criticism that Ben was too young to marry and can't provide for Jessa. JB knows how bad it will look if Jessa is pregnant with a 19 year old "stay at home husband" finishing up college classes online with no income. Jim Bob is REALLY serious about preserving their image of being hard working, able to bring in income etc.

I am just dreading Ben finishing his "political science" degree and going to work at FRC, uhg. I hope that does not happen, but I can't say I'd be surprised. Jessa would probably LOVE DC though!

I don't think that would be so bad if Ben would get a job at FRC. Now, don't get me wrong, I think FRC is a lunatic and dangerous organisation, their goal is to take away even more freedom from the citizens and to impose their ideologies on everybody. BUT, as far as fundie organisations go, FRC is still one of the better ones. Many people working with them have gone to a real college, they employ women in higher positions and with short hair and they are located in D.C. Now, this doesn't sound like much, but for fanatic fundies, they are already pretty worldly and liberal.

Plus, living in D.C. would take Ben and Jessa away from the immediate influence of Boob and J'Chelle, and they could have a shot at gradually becoming fundie-lite.

I am sure there was a time when both JB and M were hard working, we just never saw those moments. I know hard work as like many others, I did for 34 years. I know how hard my husband has worked for the last 38 years- He travels 75% of the time. While I would never sell my family's anonymity and private moments away for easy cash and the lifelong implications of such, I do not think the Duggars are the epitome of a hard working family. Cunning and opportunistic? Absolutely

They do not even garden

What happened to their pets?

Disposable diapers and plates despite commercial appliance (S)- yes, plural in some cases.

Aside from the mega family and words they repeat, they do not really stand out as overtly religious.

I am sure there was a time when both JB and M were hard working, we just never saw those moments. I know hard work as like many others, I did for 34 years. I know how hard my husband has worked for the last 38 years- He travels 75% of the time. While I would never sell my family's anonymity and private moments away for easy cash and the lifelong implications of such, I do not think the Duggars are the epitome of a hard working family. Cunning and opportunistic? Absolutely

They do not even garden

What happened to their pets?

Disposable diapers and plates despite commercial appliance (S)- yes, plural in some cases.

Aside from the mega family and words they repeat, they do not really stand out as overtly religious.

and not only that every time jB says he has 19 kids

I am so over that because

Josh, Jill, Jessa and Josiah are all gone

say what you actually mean we only have 15 kids still at home.

Archived