IGNORED

Where are Jessa and Ben living?

anjulibai

Odd dentist story...

I was going to go to school to be a dental hygienist, until one day I was "shadowing" and realized...peoples mouths are just gross!

I became a nurse instead...where digging out fecal impaction may just be the highlight of your shift some days! :lol:

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Odd dentist story...

I was going to go to school to be a dental hygienist, until one day I was "shadowing" and realized...peoples mouths are just gross!

I became a nurse instead...where digging out fecal impaction may just be the highlight of your shift some days! :lol:

I'm a nanny and I can tell you that in my 10 years of dealing with babies and toddlers, I've witnessed/heard/dealt with a lot of disgusting things (for example: one day, I showed up to work and the mother was on the phone with the doctor because one of her 2.5 year old sons (she had twin boys) took off his poopy diaper, put it in the sink, filled the sink with water, dipped his cup in the sink, and then drank it); but I would NEVER be able to do anything dentistry. Just. It wont happen. I can brush teeth and help with teething. That's it.

edited because I left out a word.

I'm sorry, I forgot about the rape comments. Y'all are right nobody deserves that. But the other negative comments and publicity? They most certainly deserve those. Rape comments they don't deserve.

Morning (all day in Jill's words) sickness seemed to really get to her. IMO, morning sickness is nothing compared to labor and delivery. Plus ,from the looks of the latest pics, her baby is going to be large.

I dunno, labor and delivery can suck but they are over in 24-48 hours. I always compare it to overseas flights.... not a lot of fun at the time, but they are over in a little while and then you are somewhere interesting at the end.

Morning sickness... while truly not as bad on a minute-to-minute basis.... can last a really long time.

Anyway, I know she's looking at a home birth, but maybe she'll reconsider and be able to have an epidural.

Jessa posted a video in IG this morning. They are driving a Tahoe or suburban type truck and are getting ready to back out of the driveway of grandma Duggars house.

Jessa posted a video in IG this morning. They are driving a Tahoe or suburban type truck and are getting ready to back out of the driveway of grandma Duggars house.

I saw that. And it looks like she's wearing the ring Bin proposed with (did we ever figure out that whole thing?).

Odd dentist story...

Oh, that brings back memories. Have you ever given a milk and molasses enema? :lol:

So they got a vehicle upgrade from Ben's little red truck? Or are they a 2-car family?

So they got a vehicle upgrade from Ben's little red truck? Or are they a 2-car family?

I suspect they are a two car family. At one point (maybe in a book?) Jim Bob said that they bought cars for the girls when they turned 16 (the boys had to save up to buy their own as part of learning to be providers); so Jessa would have had a vehicle of her own plus Ben's little red truck.

I suspect they are a two car family. At one point (maybe in a book?) Jim Bob said that they bought cars for the girls when they turned 16 (the boys had to save up to buy their own as part of learning to be providers); so Jessa would have had a vehicle of her own plus Ben's little red truck.

Weren't people speculating that the reason Jill drives Derick to and from work each day is because they only have 1 car?

Weren't people speculating that the reason Jill drives Derick to and from work each day is because they only have 1 car?

Yes, I think they were speculating that... but speculation doesn't make fact. It could be that Jill drives Derick to work because they can't stand being apart any more than they have too or they could only have one car or maybe Derick didn't have a car of his own. Jessa and Ben could have two cars or they could have sold Ben's little red truck and upgraded to this Tahoe/Suburban type truck or they could have borrowed a vehicle from someone. Its all speculation.

Since the girls are never allowed to go anywhere without an accountability buddy, there would be absolutely no need for each girl to be gifted her own car at age 16.

Seems like a major lack of logic, if JB has purchased each of the girls who are age 16 or > their own vehicle.

Since the girls are never allowed to go anywhere without an accountability buddy, there would be absolutely no need for each girl to be gifted her own car at age 16.

Seems like a major lack of logic, if JB has purchased each of the girls who are age 16 or > their own vehicle.

Oh yes, because we all know that with 19 kids, 2 parents, 1 grandparent, and 3 in-laws in the family, there isn't likely to be a single person who could ride in a car with one of the girls. What wouldn't make logical sense is making sure that these girls, who are in charge of groups of 3 or more kids, are able to run errands and take the kids places without hauling out a bus or waiting for someone else to get home.

At one point (maybe in a book?) Jim Bob said that they bought cars for the girls when they turned 16 (the boys had to save up to buy their own as part of learning to be providers); so Jessa would have had a vehicle of her own plus Ben's little red truck.

I don't know about this. It certainly was not on the show. They did have several episodes on the girls learning to drive. I mean if all the older girls and boy have cars, plus mom and dad and grandma, their place must look like a car lot.

Yes, I think they were speculating that... but speculation doesn't make fact. It could be that Jill drives Derick to work because they can't stand being apart any more than they have too or they could only have one car or maybe Derick didn't have a car of his own. Jessa and Ben could have two cars or they could have sold Ben's little red truck and upgraded to this Tahoe/Suburban type truck or they could have borrowed a vehicle from someone. Its all speculation.

Derick did have one though. Remember Jill said that while he was away she went to see his mum and she sat in his truck? I will never forget that, cause it's next-leve stalker.

I don't know about this. It certainly was not on the show. They did have several episodes on the girls learning to drive. I mean if all the older girls and boy have cars, plus mom and dad and grandma, their place must look like a car lot.

8ea215ac209db97c35accbfdd6ba698f.jpg

It does look like a car lot.

8ea215ac209db97c35accbfdd6ba698f.jpg

It does look like a car lot.

If this was any normal family, I'd like to say to them "you know you can only drive one car at a time right?" HOWEVER, this is the Duggar Cult.

With all these cars you'd think someone could run.

I was thinking about it. Maybe Jessa and Ben getting J&A's house was actually requested by the couple (or at least Jessa). Think about it. Jill has more than enough room to make a pretty large family happen in her house without having to move. Anna and Josh, however, expressed a problem with just having 2 kids in the house Jessa now has. That problem allowed them to move away without too much of a fuss. If Jessa had a larger house, she and Ben would have a hard time coming up for reasons to move. With a small house, they can stay there until they settle into their life together, then express a desire to move later when the house is too small. Since J&A had the same problem, no one would even bat an eye at Jessa and Ben coming to that conclusion and deciding to leave. Then they'd be able to leave the area if they wanted to, just like J&A.

Give me another natural homebirth than time in the dental chair. I'm putting off dental work because FUCK THAT. I can't stand how there's no escape from the noise. It's all in your head, literally in your head, and it's so loud in there, and creepy.

Fucking DITTO!! I've had 2 natural (unmedicated) births. One in the hospital and one at home. Hate hate hate the damn dentist. I BEGGED my father to pay for me to be put out totally for my wisdom teeth. I wanted no memory of that shit. I've gone like twice in the last five years because I've felt like I should. I avoid the dentist at almost all costs.

I was thinking about it. Maybe Jessa and Ben getting J&A's house was actually requested by the couple (or at least Jessa). Think about it. Jill has more than enough room to make a pretty large family happen in her house without having to move. Anna and Josh, however, expressed a problem with just having 2 kids in the house Jessa now has. That problem allowed them to move away without too much of a fuss. If Jessa had a larger house, she and Ben would have a hard time coming up for reasons to move. With a small house, they can stay there until they settle into their life together, then express a desire to move later when the house is too small. Since J&A had the same problem, no one would even bat an eye at Jessa and Ben coming to that conclusion and deciding to leave. Then they'd be able to leave the area if they wanted to, just like J&A.

Great thought! And i wouldn't put it past Jessa to have figured that out. She seems very shrewd. :banana-linedance:

The smaller house keeps them off the hook for hosting family gatherings. Jill won't have a viable excuse to not have the whole brood drop by for family dinners, parties, filming, and whatnot. In my book, Jessa got the better deal.

The smaller house keeps them off the hook for hosting family gatherings. Jill won't have a viable excuse to not have the whole brood drop by for family dinners, parties, filming, and whatnot. In my book, Jessa got the better deal.

I believe there were at least two episodes where Anna had to entertain in that house for the entire family.

Derrick is not making enough to pay the full rent on that house, plus utilities. I doubt they are paying for anything except utilities and their own expenses. He's an entry level accountant at Wal Mart. Luckily, they live in a low COL area.

Jessa and Ben probably got the better deal, in that it's likely cheaper to pay for utility costs in that big house. I am shocked that they gave up the rental income on that house to let one of the new couples live in it. I figured that was something they'd continue to rent out, as it's a source of income for other things.

Derrick is not making enough to pay the full rent on that house, plus utilities. I doubt they are paying for anything except utilities and their own expenses. He's an entry level accountant at Wal Mart. Luckily, they live in a low COL area.

Jessa and Ben probably got the better deal, in that it's likely cheaper to pay for utility costs in that big house. I am shocked that they gave up the rental income on that house to let one of the new couples live in it. I figured that was something they'd continue to rent out, as it's a source of income for other things.

The Smuggar house is already wired for filming. I'm sure that came into play in deciding if they would live there or somewhere else.

Archived