IGNORED

Where are Jessa and Ben living?

anjulibai

Derrick is not making enough to pay the full rent on that house, plus utilities. I doubt they are paying for anything except utilities and their own expenses. He's an entry level accountant at Wal Mart. Luckily, they live in a low COL area.

Jessa and Ben probably got the better deal, in that it's likely cheaper to pay for utility costs in that big house. I am shocked that they gave up the rental income on that house to let one of the new couples live in it. I figured that was something they'd continue to rent out, as it's a source of income for other things.

I agree that Jessa and Ben got the better deal! Don't we think that the Duggars own at least one other rental property, though? Wasn't there a place being used as a church for awhile?

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm also in the camp hate the dentist with a passion... Yet gave birth naturally even though I was in labor for 56+hrs 24 of those being with my waters broken and my sons head was stuck sideways(acynclitic). Also I was bigger then Jill with my first, and my son came spontaneously at 37.5w weighing 6lbs12oz... Sure he would have been bigger at 40 weeks.. But he was way smaller than we were expecting because how "huge" I was. Not to mention my mom and mil gave birth to 10+lb babies... It's allllll speculation on how big baby will be and if she will be able to succeed with a natural birth. I fully expect sans any complications they will be successful in natural birth.

I'm also in the camp hate the dentist with a passion... Yet gave birth naturally even though I was in labor for 56+hrs 24 of those being with my waters broken and my sons head was stuck sideways(acynclitic). Also I was bigger then Jill with my first, and my son came spontaneously at 37.5w weighing 6lbs12oz... Sure he would have been bigger at 40 weeks.. But he was way smaller than we were expecting because how "huge" I was. Not to mention my mom and mil gave birth to 10+lb babies... It's allllll speculation on how big baby will be and if she will be able to succeed with a natural birth. I fully expect sans any complications they will be successful in natural birth.

Same here! I gained 50 pounds with my first and was huge, everyone was asking me the stupid "Ya sure it's not twins?!" question (seriously, you think I haven't heard the heart beat multiple times by then?! Good grief! Yes, I'm sure it's not twins!!!), and he was 7 lb 11 oz at 9 days past my due date. Everyone predicted a big 10-pound baby. My second was born on his due date. I gained 55 pounds and he weighed 9 pounds at birth. Some women just get big when pregnant, big baby or not.

I have to be sedated for dental work or I'll have a severe Meniere's attack. My fiancée wants to add me to his health and dental insurance plans after we're married. That's the only way I'll be able to afford much needed dental work.

I wonder if Michael Seewald is helping them out any or if he is more of a "let baby bird fly on its own" types..

I doubt the Seewalds have enough money to help out Blessa.

But I have to say, why should parents help out a newly married couple? After all, newlyweds only have themselves to support while their parents might still have children at home or retirement to fund.

I think if you're big enough and old enough to be married, then you can support yourself.

Unless a family is wealthy, in most circles "Helping out" means giving a nice wedding gift and sending the couple on their way. How much help could a couple that was given a house, has vehicles, and has at least money from Jessa's show/book deals, and no children yet, really need?

Unless a family is wealthy, in most circles "Helping out" means giving a nice wedding gift and sending the couple on their way. How much help could a couple that was given a house, has vehicles, and has at least money from Jessa's show/book deals, and no children yet, really need?

My experience has been the opposite. It's generally the families with the least money that tend to help their grown kids out with things like rent if they run short, or having them live at home, or picking up some groceries or diapers if needed, paying for a car repair or finding them a new ( used) car if theirs breaks. Even the ones who are married or have their own children. Of course, that's only if they need it and the parents are able. The ones who are more solidly middle class tend to be the ones who don't help out.

But the range of families I know goes from dirt poor to upper middle class -- wealthy people might be different. :D

But I agree about the finances, there isn't anything the older Seawalds would need to help them with. If anything, it might be the other way around.

I can't really say, it's been decades since we lived close enough to family to ask for or receive any sort of help, so maybe I'm just disconnected there. I mean, I wouldn't hesitate to help out DS once he's out on his own, in fact it wouldn't occur to me NOT to, but I just don't see what help Jessa and Ben would even need. They likely only have utility and personal expenses, so I doubt its more than a thousand (and that's me thinking NY prices we pay here) and they have nothing else to do but save or spend frivilously.

How far apart are J & D from TTH and J & B from TTH and J & D from J & B?

Bentonville (Walmart HQ, near Jill & D) is 20 miles/25 mins north of Tontitown, according to Mapquest.

Fayetteville (Jessa & B) is about 12 miles/20 mins southeast of Tontitown.

Fayetteville (Jessa & B) is about 25 miles/35 minutes' drive south of Bentonville (Jill & D)

So north to south, it is Bentonville, Tontitown, then Fayetteville.

In addition, Ben's parents live near/in Hot Springs, 188 miles/3.5 hours south of Ben & Jessa/Fayetteville.

Anyone know how much Jessa & Ben got from their wedding registries? They would also, I imagine, have gotten some presents in cash. They have a house, vehicle(s), wedding gifts, and contracts with TLC. If/When Jessa becomes pregnant they'll have more episodes and $$s. Jessa has brothers who are good at building/moving/fixing things. If a car breaks down they won't get ripped off repairing it. I doubt they have many money worries right now, though they should be preparing for the future.

She edited her caption already so I doubt it. Jessa is much too shrewd to slip her pregnancy news over on Instagram before her huge People/TLC announcement. More likely she was only referring to Jill but she realized people would misinterpret her words to her being pregnant so she took out the part about her sister being a mom.

I'm more LOL-ing that Jessa chose probably the most unflattering picture of Jill give her "sweet" shoutout to. I always knew Jessa had a passive-aggressive side to her. :wink-kitty:

She edited her caption already so I doubt it. Jessa is much too shrewd to slip her pregnancy news over on Instagram before her huge People/TLC announcement. More likely she was only referring to Jill but she realized people would misinterpret her words to her being pregnant so she took out the part about her sister being a mom.

I'm more LOL-ing that Jessa chose probably the most unflattering picture of Jill give her "sweet" shoutout to. I always knew Jessa had a passive-aggressive side to her. :wink-kitty:

:clap: :clap: :lol:

Jill just makes it so easy though. :D

Or Jessa is being a bitch.

Frankly I’m not a fan of passive-aggressive backstabbers. If Jessa wants to throw shots at her sister for whatever reason (petty jealousy?) then just come out and do it. Don’t pretend to be nice to her face with this fake "sweetness".

I don't think it's passive aggressiveness. It's not the best shot of Jill (but also FAR from the worst), but it's also not a very good shot of Jessa imho. So there you go.

Or Jessa is being a bitch.

Frankly I’m not a fan of passive-aggressive backstabbers. If Jessa wants to throw shots at her sister for whatever reason (petty jealousy?) then just come out and do it. Don’t pretend to be nice to her face with this fake "sweetness".

Or you're letting your Jessa hate/Jill fangirling cloud your head. Nothing about the picture or caption says passive-aggressive. It's a picture that is supposed to show a sort of candid & sorta sweet "sister moment"; which is probably why Jessa used it. And like JillyO said it's not the best pic of Jessa either.

I disagree. There’s nothing “candid†about that photo. Jill looks deranged while Jessa’s smile looks forced and not genuine at all. If Jessa wanted to make a post to prove how much she loves Jill she didn’t do a very good job. I don’t see much warmth or love between the two sisters. Jessa is usually pretty selective about the photos she uploads so I’m somewhat surprised that she would chose THAT particular shot. Did Jessa not have a more flattering photo she could have used? Or take a quick selfie with Jill since it looks like they’re both at the Duggars’ Christmas party. IMO, photos like the one Jessa posted aren’t going to do much to squash the sibling feud rumors. That's not "fan-girling", it's called speculating .

OK, so the conversation I envision happening when that photo was snapped:

Jill: Hey, Jessa, now that you're married, the next step is working on getting pregnant, JUST LIKE ME-E-E!! (Sticks out belly)

Jessa: (internal monologue, not out loud) Not if I can help it, sis! (Insert fake open-mouthed smile and laugh here)

Jessa's smile just really looks fake to me there. Like Jill just said something incredulous but she had to smile and nod to save face.

I disagree. There’s nothing “candid†about that photo. Jill looks deranged while Jessa’s smile looks forced and not genuine at all. If Jessa wanted to make a post to prove how much she loves Jill she didn’t do a very good job. I don’t see much warmth or love between the two sisters. Jessa is usually pretty selective about the photos she uploads so I’m somewhat surprised that she would chose THAT particular shot. Did Jessa not have a more flattering photo she could have used? Or take a quick selfie with Jill since it looks like they’re both at the Duggars’ Christmas party. IMO, photos like the one Jessa posted aren’t going to do much to squash the sibling feud rumors. That's not "fan-girling", it's called speculating .

Or maybe Jessa does not think the way you think she does & chose the photo because she liked it? Or it was the only photo of just her & Jill that she was given?

And she was showing off her wedding pictures; she's not going to use one of her & Jill at Christmas, she wanted to use one AT HER WEDDING.

There are multiple reasons; reasons that have nothing to do with Jessa being a "bitch" (as you called her) to poor JillyMuffin.

Does this mean what I think it means? 4f03483760073775e444ba8b3072218c.jpg

The PA is strong with that one. What an awful picture of Jill. lmao

Jill looks like the overly excited teen that is hanging out with the popular cheerleader or something.

I never have seen any sisterly love among the Fab 4. They can shout it from the rooftops that they are are all besties, but their body language says otherwise.

Archived