IGNORED

Where are Jessa and Ben living?

anjulibai

Like others said, I'm thinking Jill jumped on the Gluten free fad.

Or, she could shop like my husband does, and seen "flour", picked it up, and missed the other details. :lol:

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't he help sample the four candidate wedding cakes that Jill's friend made? I suppose they may have been GF, but wouldn't they then have had GF cake at the wedding? Does anyone remember if it was a big or small cake? It would make perfect sense to have GF cake if Derick and any family/friends are GF, but would they have made enough (with the accompanying expense) for over 1000 guests?

IF Derick had Celiacs, we'd all know it as it would have been broadcast a million times.

I am engaged to Derick Dillard. We met through my dad and visited one another in Nepal. Derick has Celiacs disease, so we eat a strict diet.

I bought these bananas at .19/lb because Derick has Celiacs disease and we are on a strict diet.

Canned food is almost a no-no if one has Celiacs- Jill would need to learn to cook from scratch and take some nutrition classes.

Uh, no. None of us are "projecting what we would do." We're snarking on the Duggars in a Duggar snark forum.

You have an attitude problem.

I bought these bananas at .19/lb because Derick has Celiacs disease and we are on a strict diet.

Canned food is almost a no-no if one has Celiacs- Jill would need to learn to cook from scratch and take some nutrition classes.

Before Jill and Derrick married they went on a picnic. Derrick had bought all the foods and they looked like they had come from a health food store such as

Whole Foods. The one boy chaperoning was asking what the food was. I forget what they ate but it does look like Derrick is careful about what he eats. The day of the engagement he only eat a salad.

Before Jill and Derrick married they went on a picnic. Derrick had bought all the foods and they looked like they had come from a health food store such as

Whole Foods. The one boy chaperoning was asking what the food was. I forget what they ate but it does look like Derrick is careful about what he eats. The day of the engagement he only eat a salad.

Wasn't it Hummus (Chickpeas) which James asked "Chicken peas"???

If Derick is really genuine, he most be one of the most patient and gentle men on the planet. He is clearly having to introduce Jill to so many new things...almost parenting an adult. God bless the both of them, especially when BD arrives in 2 months.

So anything new with "the writer" and his wife :D

I am so bored with the Instagrams of the Writer and his Muse now. Just a bunch of fundy cut 'n paste and yet more wedding pics. I'd be happy with some PDA pics or a tour of the redecorated love nest. Don't they at least have anything to say about the massacre in Paris, their honeymoon spot?

Although what I really want is for the Writer to start blogging.

I am so bored with the Instagrams of the Writer and his Muse now. Just a bunch of fundy cut 'n paste and yet more wedding pics. I'd be happy with some PDA pics or a tour of the redecorated love nest. Don't they at least have anything to say about the massacre in Paris, their honeymoon spot?

Although what I really want is for the Writer to start blogging.

and here I thought I was the only one who was "bored" with the Muse's instagram photos as of late. I am one for also PDA -big surprise there.....:) but they are "Too GOOD" for that - they must PROTECT the image of "The Writer" " The Writer needs to go grow out his gotee :D and beef up his muscles.

Be original Muse post something from your house - show us something fun - tell us something fun

I bet you come February will be a slew of new posts all about how "happy" they are :D

and here I thought I was the only one who was "bored" with the Muse's instagram photos as of late. I am one for also PDA -big surprise there.....:) but they are "Too GOOD" for that - they must PROTECT the image of "The Writer" " The Writer needs to go grow out his gotee :D and beef up his muscles.

Be original Muse post something from your house - show us something fun - tell us something fun

I bet you come February will be a slew of new posts all about how "happy" they are :D

Exactly. They're waiting until it's time to promote the new season. Jessa is no dope.

Exactly. They're waiting until it's time to promote the new season. Jessa is no dope.

she is no dope - she is just not warm and very cut and dry and it's annoying me

even in that video from Christmas on that special video (not the xmas video the other one) - she was robotic - talking about the wedding and knowing when you know

she won't voluntary share anything unless it's to promote the show even then she is guarded.

maybe they are being careful because she is knocked up and is starting to show a little and are waiting to announce right before the new season....

In that picture of the 4 couples on a date thing from a few weeks ago...she was in the middle seat and covered with a blanket....things that make you go, hmmmm...

maybe they are being careful because she is knocked up and is starting to show a little and are waiting to announce right before the new season....

In that picture of the 4 couples on a date thing from a few weeks ago...she was in the middle seat and covered with a blanket....things that make you go, hmmmm...

she has been covered by a blanket a lot in pictures

maybe it's her new thing :D

although "the writer" has posted again

this time a cross and yes he is "writing" aka blogging aka plagiarizing

meanwhile Jill posted a picture of herself working out

Interesting gym attire!! and interesting she's at a gym and not the workout area of the TTH...

Jessa has looked a bit like she gained a few pounds, right? then standing in back of the Xmas video and the blanket in the pic and no full body shots of her lately on instagram........

I believe on the picnic that Derick prepared he brought hummus, cheese and some bread. I remember Jill encouraging the little boy chaperone to at least try everything there

I think Jessa is just messing with everyone, and probably will for as long as possible. Plain and simple. She loves the attention and speculation.

A few years ago, I thought Jessa had some kind of refreshing snark and charisma. Now she just seems irritating, and Ben has made it worse. If she keeps it up with the instagram posts, she's quickly becoming my least favorite Duggar...

I'm not sure these are Jessa's decisions at all. She hasn't been raised to be a thinker. These social media accounts are probably an extension of promoting the show rather than actually belonging to Jessa or Jill.

If Jessa is not posting in a certain way in order to better promote the show's return in Feb, sorry but I don't buy that is her reasoning. She has certainly been told to do that.

You don't go against Daddy, he has your heart. You don't go against Hubby, because Daddy gave your heart to Hubs. You keep sweet.

Not conducive to even having a lot of private, original thoughts and ideas.

I think Jessa is just messing with everyone, and probably will for as long as possible. Plain and simple. She loves the attention and speculation.

A few years ago, I thought Jessa had some kind of refreshing snark and charisma. Now she just seems irritating, and Ben has made it worse. If she keeps it up with the instagram posts, she's quickly becoming my least favorite Duggar...

Amen ! and can we preach it to the choir

and this is coming from Michelle's tippy tippy fingers

Question from a "19 Kids and Counting" fan on Facebook: How did your daughter Jessa meet Ben?

We met Ben when his family came to visit our church. Afterwards we invited their family over to our home for fellowship, as we often do with guests to our church. I think Ben spotted Jess, but he didn’t go up to her then. We’d met Ben’s parents years ago when we were in the Little Rock area while Jim Bob was serving in the legislature. We visited a church that they attended, so we did know their family in a roundabout way, just a distant friendship.

During fellowship at our home, Ben and Jim Bob would often sit with the guys and talk about doctrine and the Bible. At one point, Jim Bob said to Ben, "You know, you’ve been bringing up a lot of these truths from the scripture. This is a topic that we’ve actually been talking about in our home and Jessa has really been studying this very thing. You guys would probably enjoy talking about it. So why don’t you text her?"

It’s so funny. Jim Bob was the initiator. I don’t know if Jim Bob even knew that Ben was really interested in her, but he had already spotted Jessa. They started texting and talking about these scriptures and things just took off.

A few of our girls have had men come up to them and ask for their phone numbers. And our daughters have always explained to them that if anybody asked for their phone numbers, they would tell them to ask their dad. Then they would give them Jim Bob’s phone number. Sometimes the guy would never call and other times they would, but the girls would quickly let Jim Bob know if there was an interest on their part. Jim Bob is the “no†man.

He doesn’t mind being that guy and he’ll always use these calls as an opportunity to encourage those young men in their walk with Christ. A lot of times that weeds out the young men. Either they’ve got a spiritual focus or they don’t.

Have a burning question for Michelle Duggar? Send it to her and it could appear in an upcoming post! Or catch up with all of Michelle's Blogs.

Yeah, that seemed pretty clear from the context. The transition between the two different time periods was just a little awkward. I'm pretty sure it would be clear in her mind what time period she was referring too. Obviously no one would think 5 year old Ben was encouraged to text 7 year old Jessa to engage in a theological discussion. :lol:

Archived