IGNORED

Where are Jessa and Ben living?

anjulibai

The PA is strong with that one. What an awful picture of Jill. lmao

Jill looks like the overly excited teen that is hanging out with the popular cheerleader or something.

The pic, to me, looks like Jill said something about finally being married, and able to touch her husband. Kind of a "passing the sex torch" comment (to insert a 90 fiance reference). Jessa wasnt thrilled about having THAT convo with her overly eager sis... Although I can only imagine the conversation between Michelle, Anna, Jill, and Jessa about the wifely duties she must now assume.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does this mean what I think it means? 4f03483760073775e444ba8b3072218c.jpg

Can't Jill just shut her damn mouth? I hate seeing open-mouthed pictures and the Duggars seem to love those.

I see this as Jill saying, "this is what you have to look forward to next" picture of them at the wedding, with Jessa saying, "yah sure but not as quick as you, I hope" in her own head... but it IS odd that she just released it.

To me it looks like the photographer said, "Look at each other and look excited!! Big smiles!! Be excited!!!" Thus the crazy grins, thus the awkward appearance. I think most people find these kinds of photographs awkward to pose for.

I never have seen any sisterly love among the Fab 4. They can shout it from the rooftops that they are are all besties, but their body language says otherwise.

Ive seen it between Jessa and Jinger, they are clearly best friends, and I think even if they were only one of four they still would be close (but also have their own group of friends) because theres a bit over a year between them in ages and they have a lot in common.

I definitely don't think that all 19 kids see all of eachother as their best friends-their relationships seem like that of normal siblings-they have some they are super close to, others they aren't so close with, and probably have others who they really don't like. Its just when it is forced, and they are expected to be eachothers best friends, all of them, from adults in their 20s to five year old Josie, and all get on happily and love eachother, that makes it not normal.

I don't think it's passive aggressiveness. It's not the best shot of Jill (but also FAR from the worst), but it's also not a very good shot of Jessa imho. So there you go.

Agree. I don't think Jessa was being bitchy or passive aggressive. I wonder if she edited the caption because she didn't want people to think she was pregnant or because she wasn't suppose to announce it on instagram?

It's not a great picture of Jessa, but it is a terrible picture of Jill. It ironic she's saying Jill's a great example of being a wife and mother to her, maybe she should wait until Jill has been married for at least a year and is actually a mom. Of course Jill is having an easy time being a new wife in the mansion that was handed to her with a husband who is still doting. As for being a mom, getting knocked up easily and having a smooth pregnancy doesn't make you a great mom. Wait until she's had to overcome some actual hardships and problems and then say she is a good example.

The entire post is strange, like she was forced to do it by TLC or her family to play sweet.

I also think think Jessa and Jinger have a genuine sister relationship, can't say about the rest.

So I was looking at that video Jessa posted of her and Ben in a vehicle talking about smoothies for breakfast, and showing off their purple smoothies.

On facebook, a lot of people started commenting "I see you have a new vehicle, guess Ben doesn't have his little truck anymore", and she replied back with "Actually he still has his cute little truck, we're actually in my Tahoe!"

Sooooooo Jessa has her own Tahoe I guess.

I think she would enjoy being in the Kardashian family, they could all do makeup and hair together, drive around in Tahoes and get smoothies and starbucks.

It's not a great picture of Jessa, but it is a terrible picture of Jill. It ironic she's saying Jill's a great example of being a wife and mother to her, maybe she should wait until Jill has been married for at least a year and is actually a mom. Of course Jill is having an easy time being a new wife in the mansion that was handed to her with a husband who is still doting. As for being a mom, getting knocked up easily and having a smooth pregnancy doesn't make you a great mom. Wait until she's had to overcome some actual hardships and problems and then say she is a good example.

The entire post is strange, like she was forced to do it by TLC or her family to play sweet.

I also think think Jessa and Jinger have a genuine sister relationship, can't say about the rest.

I guess if Michelle can win MOTY awards for giving birth to a bunch of kids without actually doing any of the parenting, Jill can be a great example of being a mother simply by being knocked-up. That and showing off her belly in photos. This family do love the limelight.

I don't think the picture was passive aggressive. I think that the picture was definitely staged, and neither of the girls looks good in it. But, honestly, I know a lot of people who take pictures like that and think they're SO CUTE and THE BEST PICTURES EVER. A bunch of my friends and the friends my siblings have (so ages 18-30) have awful pictures like that which they post as their profile pictures or "bestie shots."

I also don't think that there was anything passive aggressive about her post. I think that Jessa wanted to make a shout out to Jill, but also had to worry about PR and what not, so she couldn't just write a normal comment like the rest of us would have. Therefore, her sentiments were rather forced instead of genuine.

As for the whole "the girls aren't actually best friends" argument, I think the girls are the closest they'll probably ever have to best friends besides their husbands. And, their relationship sucks because it's not like they had parents that met their emotional needs or the ability to become their own people. They were stuck in a family that forever increased in size, they were stuck raising their siblings from the moment they could deal with themselves, etc. Most/all of their lives have been stressful to a degree most of us cant even fathom; and it's very hard to form real relationships when you're brain is dealing with chronic stress, even if the relationships are with people you see every day.

I don't think the picture was passive aggressive. I think that the picture was definitely staged, and neither of the girls looks good in it. But, honestly, I know a lot of people who take pictures like that and think they're SO CUTE and THE BEST PICTURES EVER. A bunch of my friends and the friends my siblings have (so ages 18-30) have awful pictures like that which they post as their profile pictures or "bestie shots."

I also don't think that there was anything passive aggressive about her post. I think that Jessa wanted to make a shout out to Jill, but also had to worry about PR and what not, so she couldn't just write a normal comment like the rest of us would have. Therefore, her sentiments were rather forced instead of genuine.

As for the whole "the girls aren't actually best friends" argument, I think the girls are the closest they'll probably ever have to best friends besides their husbands. And, their relationship sucks because it's not like they had parents that met their emotional needs or the ability to become their own people. They were stuck in a family that forever increased in size, they were stuck raising their siblings from the moment they could deal with themselves, etc. Most/all of their lives have been stressful to a degree most of us cant even fathom; and it's very hard to form real relationships when you're brain is dealing with chronic stress, even if the relationships are with people you see every day.

Yes to that last paragraph! I think it's hard for us who grew up in the mainstream world to understand the girls' relationship. I mean, do the four older girls even understand what it is like to have a best friend? They were so sheltered and their lives are so out of the norm. I'm pretty sure that the fabfour genuinely believe that their relationship is what a best friend's relationship is like. They know nothing else.

I think the big deal about Anna giving birth on the shitter isn't so much that she gave birth there but that these are "I'm oh-so modest I won't even show my fucking KNEES on TV unlike all you worldly knee showing whore sluts" kind of people but being shown giving birth, in a bathroom, on a toilet, when she may have also had a bowel movement at the same time which is quite common in labour, bare exposed legs and knees up in the air, two/three other women squished in that tiny bathroom super close to her bizz, most likely MALE TLC camera person and sound person also trying to squish in, and getting a shot so personal they had to blur out a little bit of Anna's SIDE VAGINA is...perfectly okay with these people. They probably excuse themselves of modesty infractions because these people make an idol of pregnancy and giving birth and newborns so being "immodest" during labour is fine BUT DON'T YOU DARE SHOW THE WORLD MAH KNEES!!!!!11

At least, that's the bizarre situation re: the toilet birth the way I look at it. Otherwise I do completely agree that it seems like a much better birthing position than laying flat in a hospital bed. Let gravity help, and all that.

(and yes I realize the "blur out my knees" thing was on Michelle, not Anna, and may have just been TLC trolling Michelle if she didn't ask for them to do that anyway and I'm being a bit hyperbolic but "modesty" attitude wise, Michelle and Anna seem very similar)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Laughed out loud at least three times while reading your post. Hubby and dog think that I've lost my mind.

Or Jessa is being a bitch.

Frankly I’m not a fan of passive-aggressive backstabbers. If Jessa wants to throw shots at her sister for whatever reason (petty jealousy?) then just come out and do it. Don’t pretend to be nice to her face with this fake "sweetness".

Psychoanalyzing her Instagram to find passive-aggression, eh?

The Duggars are simpler people than you realize.

Did anyone else notice in the 40/29 video that the house Jessa was interviewed in did not look like Grandma's house? Were we wrong about their home?

Psychoanalyzing her Instagram to find passive-aggression, eh?

The Duggars are simpler people than you realize.

I don't know, Jessa started posting pictures of her wedding when she got them back, then Jill randomly started posting pictures of her own wedding that was 6 months ago. Trying to steal the spotlight back? I don't think it's above Duggarlings to be catty and PA.

I don't know, Jessa started posting pictures of her wedding when she got them back, then Jill randomly started posting pictures of her own wedding that was 6 months ago. Trying to steal the spotlight back? I don't think it's above Duggarlings to be catty and PA.

I think their primary focus of all the photos is just keeping fans hooked while the show is not on, not to one-up each other. People read too much into it IMO.

That said, I can easily see the J'slaves not staying very close as they start their own families. Jessa and Jill have very different personalities and clearly already, this early in their marriages, have very different ideas about the "image" they are trying to portray for themselves and their new families. The girls have always been encouraged to tattle on each other and "hold each other accountable." That will get really old really fast as they get out of their parents' house and realize they can do whatever the f*ck they want.

I think their primary focus of all the photos is just keeping fans hooked while the show is not on, not to one-up each other. People read too much into it IMO.

Agree. It's all about the show, the ratings, the $$

That said, I can easily see the J'slaves not staying very close as they start their own families. Jessa and Jill have very different personalities and clearly already, this early in their marriages, have very different ideas about the "image" they are trying to portray for themselves and their new families. The girls have always been encouraged to tattle on each other and "hold each other accountable." That will get really old really fast as they get out of their parents' house and realize they can do whatever the f*ck they want.

Actually, Jill the tattler might have a big problem with this, once she becomes used to the idea that nobody cares what Jessa (or she, for that matter) is doing. Where is her attention for bringing a transgression to light? Gasp! She might be the one to write the "tell all" book after all! :shock:

This probably isn't a very popular opinion, but as far as Jill constantly drawing attention to the fact that she's pregnant, I can see why. She's been looking forward to being a mother all of her life and she's finally going to have a baby. She's obviously excited. I don't think it's bad to be that excited about your first child. I feel like I'm a lot like Jill in the fact that we both really want to be mothers (but I'm sure as hell not having more than four) and it's what we feel called to do. I mean, yeah, I'm getting a COLLEGE EDUCATION first and she's not, but still, she's excited. I would be! I would probably be more obnoxious about it than she is!

Archived