IGNORED

Where are Jessa and Ben living?

anjulibai

I agree that by that point, she probably just couldn't think about upholding her modesty standards anymore. But weren't J'chelle and Jillymuffin there? I'm sure THEY could have intervened.

I think Anna, and Jill, are very strong advocates of natural childbirth. I think they know that can get messy and long and painful and ugly and still be perfectly normal. I think that's why Anna was fine with showing the whole process, and why Jill will likely do the same. I don't think,from what they've said, that they are against medication and interventions if needed, but are using their show to promote a kind of birth experience you don't see much.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So all the rape comments are a ok? As long as it's towards someone you don't like. Got it.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Rape comments or other hateful posts on their social media is sick and wrong, period. I am fine with disagreeing with them or petitioning to get them off TV, or peacefully demonstrating against them, but some of the posts that have been on IG only serve to prove JB and M right, that the world is an evil place.

I think Anna, and Jill, are very strong advocates of natural childbirth. I think they know that can get messy and long and painful and ugly and still be perfectly normal. I think that's why Anna was fine with showing the whole process, and why Jill will likely do the same. I don't think,from what they've said, that they are against medication and interventions if needed, but are using their show to promote a kind of birth experience you don't see much.

I have never given birth so my comment is unjustified...

I HAVE had my wisdom teeth out in the chair though and while it was painful; I didn't carry on like Jill. I was more like Jana; calm and collected, possibly napping but who knows? :P

HOWEVER Jill just did not cope well at all. All the tears, crying and fear - I'm assuming Childbirth is a LOT more painful... is she going to be like that giving birth?

Two wrongs don't make a right. Rape comments or other hateful posts on their social media is sick and wrong, period. I am fine with disagreeing with them or petitioning to get them off TV, or peacefully demonstrating against them, but some of the posts that have been on IG only serve to prove JB and M right, that the world is an evil place.

Exactly - the comments are so wrong and in no way justified. Jessa and / or any member of ANY family - not just the Duggars do NOT deserve these comments!

I HAVE had my wisdom teeth out in the chair though and while it was painful; I didn't carry on like Jill. I was more like Jana; calm and collected, possibly napping but who knows? :P

HOWEVER Jill just did not cope well at all. All the tears, crying and fear - I'm assuming Childbirth is a LOT more painful... is she going to be like that giving birth?

Well, first off, it's really hard to tell about wisdom teeth. They vary a great deal in how painful they are to remove based on root length, if they need to be dug out, ig the roots are twisted around, etc.. So I wouldn't really go off of that.

But more importantly, it's okay if she is crying or freaking out during parts of labor, as long as SHE is okay with it. Some women handle labor that way, some get really quiet, some just nicely breathe,some yell. It's all fine. As long as she is fine with it.

And she's certainly been to enough births to know there is a big range in expression.

I think Jill will try for a natural birth and cope better than she did in the dental chair. She has (presumably) an understanding of the birth process, related pain and coping mechanisms, and what needs to be done if things go wrong. I believe the familiarity will help her stay calm. I'm also picturing Michelle holding one hand and Derick the other while she's in labor, with a large group of supportive family and friends nearby.

I think Jill will try for a natural birth and cope better than she did in the dental chair. She has (presumably) an understanding of the birth process, related pain and coping mechanisms, and what needs to be done if things go wrong. I believe the familiarity will help her stay calm. I'm also picturing Michelle holding one hand and Derick the other while she's in labor, with a large group of supportive family and friends nearby.

I hope all this stuff is true, and all the claims about Jill related to midwifery weren't more Duggar half-truths and fabrications.

All the education and observation in the world might not mean jack when Jill is going through it herself.

And who knows, maybe the wisdom tooth drama was Jill's way of subconsciously trying to make interesting TV. Now, her life revolves around being a perfect fundie wife and fertile mom. Having a huge amount of kids is so important to them. They want to portray it as a natural path for women, beautiful and desired. The "right" way to serve God. (we all know Jill's all about doing the "right" things) They want to cover up the difficult side of having a lot of children and the difficult health toll of back-to-back pregnancies. I bet she won't be making a scene. I bet she'll try to make it seem as effortless and easy as possible, because their agenda is to make their fans want to live the life.

I've had 3 c-sections. I'm way more scared of the dentist than I was major abdominal surgery.

I think that he reaction had more to do with maybe fear of dentists or medical procedures, which a lot of people have. I know more than a few with a crippling fear of dentists in particular.

Either way, that was a few years ago, and she's been involved with enough births to know that it's no walk in the park. You really don't know until you're going through it, how you'll truly handle it, but there's no shame in not being able to cope with the pain and getting some relief, either. Childbirth is natural but it still fucking hurts, lol.

I haven't gone to the dentist in YEARS because of anxiety problems. I'm a mess when I do go. The last time I went, I almost threw up because they left me alone for too long. I should get my wisdom teeth taken out, but I'd be too much of a mess to do it. I would probably actually throw up. I can't fault Jill for that.

Plus, like another poster said, depending on how your roots are structured, it could hurt more. And, if you catch the teeth before they grow roots, you'll have a much easier process. It's entirely possible that Jill had the roots and Jessa didn't. Or that Jill's roots were really messed up and Jessa's weren't.

One of my friends had to get her wisdom teeth taken out and it was a HUGE ordeal for her because, the way her roots had grown, she was at risk of having her face paralyzed if they did something wrong or left the teeth in any longer. Her surgery was so complex and she was in so much more pain than most people when they get their teeth taken out.

My wisdom teeth were so impacted they had to crush them while they were still under the gums, make an incision and pull out the pieces. It was horrible, had I know that I would have been freaking out too. Luckily, I was extremely medicated, but I could still hear it happening. Later did I find out that they could have knocked me out completely for it. My dad took the cheap route.

I cried when I had my wisdom teeth out because I was scared of being out under (iv anesthesia). But had natural births. Who knows, maybe she just wanted some parental attention.

I've had 3 c-sections. I'm way more scared of the dentist than I was major abdominal surgery.

Welcome, Heathen1. ;)

It's true that people definitely have different tolerance levels based on the type of pain. Me, I was a nervous wreck before natural childbirth, and I had a really hard time with the pain. On the other hand, my dentist and I found out by accident that I don't seem to require pain medicine when he drills on my teeth. I was annoyed by how long my mouth would stay numb afterward, so he used less and less of the painkillers because I kept complaining. Now I just give him the choice if he wants to use them. :lol:

DuggarsTheEndIsNear, there are dentists who will sedate you and give you anti-nausea meds if you want them. I have a friend who has similar issues when she sees the dentist. She likes him because he always gives her the good meds. :lol:

And who knows, maybe the wisdom tooth drama was Jill's way of subconsciously trying to make interesting TV. Now, her life revolves around being a perfect fundie wife and fertile mom. Having a huge amount of kids is so important to them. They want to portray it as a natural path for women, beautiful and desired. The "right" way to serve God. (we all know Jill's all about doing the "right" things) They want to cover up the difficult side of having a lot of children and the difficult health toll of back-to-back pregnancies. I bet she won't be making a scene. I bet she'll try to make it seem as effortless and easy as possible, because their agenda is to make their fans want to live the life.

Morning (all day in Jill's words) sickness seemed to really get to her. IMO, morning sickness is nothing compared to labor and delivery. Plus ,from the looks of the latest pics, her baby is going to be large.

Give me another natural homebirth than time in the dental chair. I'm putting off dental work because FUCK THAT. I can't stand how there's no escape from the noise. It's all in your head, literally in your head, and it's so loud in there, and creepy.

Morning (all day in Jill's words) sickness seemed to really get to her. IMO, morning sickness is nothing compared to labor and delivery. Plus ,from the looks of the latest pics, her baby is going to be large.

I think so too. First-time moms usually are smaller since all the muscles are tighter still. If you asked me how many months I thought she was a long for a first-timer, I'd guess close to due, and if you told me due in March, I'd ask if she's having twins. I will place a bet on 9 pounds 3 ounces.

I'm not afraid of the dentist at all, but I have a high tolerance for anesthetics and TMD, both of which make anything beyond regular cleanings hell.

That's why I do sedation dentistry now. I take a halcion tablet, sail off into a peaceful place, and get work done. It's great!

I got general anesthesia for my wisdom teeth. I was getting all four out and they were a mess.

I think so too. First-time moms usually are smaller since all the muscles are tighter still. If you asked me how many months I thought she was a long for a first-timer, I'd guess close to due, and if you told me due in March, I'd ask if she's having twins. I will place a bet on 9 pounds 3 ounces.

I'd also guess she was due. She's BIG. I predict 10 lbs 9 oz.

I'd also guess she was due. She's BIG. I predict 10 lbs 9 oz.

She looks like she's full term - her baby will be a big boy; probably tall like his dad too!

Welcome, Heathen1. ;)

It's true that people definitely have different tolerance levels based on the type of pain. Me, I was a nervous wreck before natural childbirth, and I had a really hard time with the pain. On the other hand, my dentist and I found out by accident that I don't seem to require pain medicine when he drills on my teeth. I was annoyed by how long my mouth would stay numb afterward, so he used less and less of the painkillers because I kept complaining. Now I just give him the choice if he wants to use them. :lol:

DuggarsTheEndIsNear, there are dentists who will sedate you and give you anti-nausea meds if you want them. I have a friend who has similar issues when she sees the dentist. She likes him because he always gives her the good meds. :lol:

Yea a lot of people tell me about those dentists, and I have a few friends who go to them. I haven't been able to convince myself to go though cause even the thought of having an appointment freaks me out.

It's weird, too, cause as a kid I LOVED the dentist and even liked getting my cavities filled. Now, I'm pretty sure that when I have kids, my husband's going to have to take the kids to the dentist.

She looks like she's full term - her baby will be a big boy; probably tall like his dad too!

I am a smaller lady but I was that big at term- I had near 7 lbers- I'll go with greater than 9 lbs, for sure.

The DC Duggar house is not owned by Duggars. They rent it. The property records are fairly easy to check.

And the guy who owns it is gay. Wonder how JB rectifies that one.

And the guy who owns it is gay. Wonder how JB rectifies that one.

Easy... God led Smuganna to the heathen's home so that he could be exposed to their godly light. They can pray for teh ebil heathen, perhaps include a bible verse in the memo line of their monthly check, and slowly expose him to jebus. Plus, they can pray for him.

Archived