IGNORED

Where are Jessa and Ben living?

anjulibai

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mentioned in a post below something odd about how those two were registered. Jill had a similar thing on hers. I can't remember the word either but found it odd that she wasn't declared a republican. I know here in KS you can only vote in primaries for the party that you declare wonder if Arkansas is the same?

Ok, this is a fun website, but I have to get this off my chest.

I wish people would stop making such a big deal about Anna giving birth in the bathroom. Squatting, or sitting on a chair similar to a toilet is not at all uncommon. The position is very conducive to the aligning the angles of the pelvis optimally to allow for the head to fit. In particular squatting, sitting on a toilet, a birthing ball, getting on hands and knees, or using a specially designed birthing chair are great for women whose baby is in what is called the posterior position.

Posterior in this case, doesn't mean backside, but refers to the way the head is entering the birth canal. In the posterior position, the widest angle of the head is entering the canal, making labor difficult and usually much longer. Women who have this, usually complain of what is called "Back Labor" which is usually the most intense kind of labor.

working as an OB nurse for years, it wasn't unheard of for us to help women get up to the toilet for pushing when they were having that kind of labor. Not only does that position help open the pelvis, but since we are all familiar with "pushing on the pot", it sort of brings in a muscle memory to the situation. True, pushing out a baby uses slightly different muscles than pushing out a deuce, but it is similar enough that you can really help a woman isolate the areas she needs to push through.

It is far more unnatural to labor flat in a bed, strapped to monitors than it is to deliver squatting, sitting, on hands and knees or on your side. Like it or not, Labor and delivery is a messy business no matter what. It is a pretty cool thing, and as long as at the end you have a healthy mom and a healthy baby, then there really is not right or wrong way to do it.

So, can we just put the toilet delivery in the past for now? It isn't a big deal,

I think the big deal about Anna giving birth on the shitter isn't so much that she gave birth there but that these are "I'm oh-so modest I won't even show my fucking KNEES on TV unlike all you worldly knee showing whore sluts" kind of people but being shown giving birth, in a bathroom, on a toilet, when she may have also had a bowel movement at the same time which is quite common in labour, bare exposed legs and knees up in the air, two/three other women squished in that tiny bathroom super close to her bizz, most likely MALE TLC camera person and sound person also trying to squish in, and getting a shot so personal they had to blur out a little bit of Anna's SIDE VAGINA is...perfectly okay with these people. They probably excuse themselves of modesty infractions because these people make an idol of pregnancy and giving birth and newborns so being "immodest" during labour is fine BUT DON'T YOU DARE SHOW THE WORLD MAH KNEES!!!!!11

At least, that's the bizarre situation re: the toilet birth the way I look at it. Otherwise I do completely agree that it seems like a much better birthing position than laying flat in a hospital bed. Let gravity help, and all that.

(and yes I realize the "blur out my knees" thing was on Michelle, not Anna, and may have just been TLC trolling Michelle if she didn't ask for them to do that anyway and I'm being a bit hyperbolic but "modesty" attitude wise, Michelle and Anna seem very similar)

Well, their modesty ideas as pretty fu**ed up, IMO, toilet birth or not.

The water birth, the first home birth were all intensely private moments and things were shown that seem in contrast to their modesty standards. But I think you are right on the money in that pregnancy and Labor/delivery seem to be exceptions in their modesty code.

My grandmother was the epitome of modesty and she would have never even used the term "pregnancy". It was always "Expecting" or "with child". In her day, women didn't post about their bumps, and maternity clothes didn't accentuate the growing baby. Women also didn't spend hours doing their hair and make up, and take constant pictures of themselves either as that would not have been considered modest.

The Duggars, like so many things, just don't quite get it. They claim to be sheltered from "the world" yet they blatantly make their money "Of the world". They claim to value financial independence, yet they raise their children to have almost no choice but to be depended on them for housing money, etc, They claim to follow Christ's values, yet their activism supports hatred and exclusionary politics, They claim to follow modesty, yet Michelle loves to flash pictures of her cheerleading days every chance she gets, and the girls don't go a day without piling on the slap and hair products, they claim to be humble servants of the Lord, yet they are arrogant in their beliefs, and only seem to serve when the cameras are on, or if the recipients of their charity buy into their religion.

They are not the brightest as evidenced by how little insight they have into their many contradictions. They are sly, no doubt, and clever with making the most of the opportunities they have had, but they are not sharp-witted, critical thinkers who value insight into their actions, motives and consequences.

I don't doubt that the position of being on the toilet is great for birth. Thanks for the info. But frankly, Anna giving birth on a toilet was one of the more humorous and less polished moments of the whole orchestrated, robotic freakshow that is 19KAC. I don't think anyone is about to forget it.

EDIT: The other thing that is so particularly hilarious about Anna giving birth on a toilet is that it ironically underscores everything on the show about valuing hyper-fertility - children being so plentiful that they could be birthed in every room of the house, on any and every surface. :roll: Maybe people find the context humorous.

If they are living in J&A's house, I wonder if they are using the same toilet Anna gave birth on, or if the bathroom was renovated also. Eesh

I highly doubt that. He's probably still registered in Arkansas (which I believe we can confirm, yes?), & either voted there in person or absentee.

Many people I know who work in DC-area political jobs still vote in their home states.Its not that difficult.

The Duggars, like so many things, just don't quite get it. They claim to be sheltered from "the world" yet they blatantly make their money "Of the world". They claim to value financial independence, yet they raise their children to have almost no choice but to be depended on them for housing money, etc, They claim to follow Christ's values, yet their activism supports hatred and exclusionary politics, They claim to follow modesty, yet Michelle loves to flash pictures of her cheerleading days every chance she gets, and the girls don't go a day without piling on the slap and hair products, they claim to be humble servants of the Lord, yet they are arrogant in their beliefs, and only seem to serve when the cameras are on, or if the recipients of their charity buy into their religion.

They are not the brightest as evidenced by how little insight they have into their many contradictions. They are sly, no doubt, and clever with making the most of the opportunities they have had, but they are not sharp-witted, critical thinkers who value insight into their actions, motives and consequences.

This. 100% Also (don't know if this is a re-post - my apologies if it is) I found this article today:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/1 ... 40246.html

It shows what an absolute lack of humility that JB has. I don't claim to know Jesus very well - not by the book, in spirit or otherwise, but wasn't his whole schtick supposed to be all about humility, generosity, equality and unconditional love? I think JB needs to get to know the dude he claims to hold in such high regard - sheesh.

There is no excuse for the horrible and disgusting comments that "celebrities" get online. It's really sickening and even more so when you consider that Jessa never signed up for this life. I'm sure she's not jumping to give out her address for a bunch of strangers.

However, I hope that Jessa (and the rest of the Duggar kids) are able to have the sense to know how to interact in the world without being terrified that every stranger is a creepy instagram commenter... and how to protect themselves if and when they come across those people.

There is no excuse for the horrible and disgusting comments that "celebrities" get online. It's really sickening and even more so when you consider that Jessa never signed up for this life. I'm sure she's not jumping to give out her address for a bunch of strangers.

However, I hope that Jessa (and the rest of the Duggar kids) are able to have the sense to know how to interact in the world without being terrified that every stranger is a creepy instagram commenter... and how to protect themselves if and when they come across those people.

Ok, this is a fun website, but I have to get this off my chest.

I wish people would stop making such a big deal about Anna giving birth in the bathroom. Squatting, or sitting on a chair similar to a toilet is not at all uncommon. The position is very conducive to the aligning the angles of the pelvis optimally to allow for the head to fit. In particular squatting, sitting on a toilet, a birthing ball, getting on hands and knees, or using a specially designed birthing chair are great for women whose baby is in what is called the posterior position.

Posterior in this case, doesn't mean backside, but refers to the way the head is entering the birth canal. In the posterior position, the widest angle of the head is entering the canal, making labor difficult and usually much longer. Women who have this, usually complain of what is called "Back Labor" which is usually the most intense kind of labor.

working as an OB nurse for years, it wasn't unheard of for us to help women get up to the toilet for pushing when they were having that kind of labor. Not only does that position help open the pelvis, but since we are all familiar with "pushing on the pot", it sort of brings in a muscle memory to the situation. True, pushing out a baby uses slightly different muscles than pushing out a deuce, but it is similar enough that you can really help a woman isolate the areas she needs to push through.

It is far more unnatural to labor flat in a bed, strapped to monitors than it is to deliver squatting, sitting, on hands and knees or on your side. Like it or not, Labor and delivery is a messy business no matter what. It is a pretty cool thing, and as long as at the end you have a healthy mom and a healthy baby, then there really is not right or wrong way to do it.

So, can we just put the toilet delivery in the past for now? It isn't a big deal,

Eh, I agree with you on this. Anna's toilet birth never bothered me. I actually felt pretty bad for the poor thing by then - she was clearly miserable and her husband decided it was better to go take a nap. I'm sure by the time Anna was on that toilet pushing Michael out, she didn't give a hang where she had him, or who saw what - I imagine modesty went out the window and "Get this child the heck out of me" won out.

To be constantly ridiculed about where she gave birth is kind of low to me. There is just so much else to snark about.

Personally, I think she kind of learned her lesson after Michael, and that is why they went for the birthing center with Marcus, where there was a little more control of the situation.

I agree that by that point, she probably just couldn't think about upholding her modesty standards anymore. But weren't J'chelle and Jillymuffin there? I'm sure THEY could have intervened.

I am very interested to see how much of Jill's childbirth is filmed and aired. For some reason, I see Jill having a medicated, hospital birth IF her demeanor at her wisdom teeth extraction was any indication of her comfort re medical procedures. Compared to Jessa, who just sat in the chair, Jill was very needy and required JB to sit at her bedside, holding her hand.

I am very interested to see how much of Jill's childbirth is filmed and aired. For some reason, I see Jill having a medicated, hospital birth IF her demeanor at her wisdom teeth extraction was any indication of her comfort re medical procedures. Compared to Jessa, who just sat in the chair, Jill was very needy and required JB to sit at her bedside, holding her hand.

Maybe, but i'm hoping for a fantastic at-home drama-fest made out of a totally normal and safe birth. :lol:

She's the embodiment of crunchy natural fundie - even Jana is into EO's, so Jill's got to be all over that crap lol. Probably doing perineal massage with EO's and crushed herbs every day.

i bet it's going to be candles lit, hot tub luxury bath moaning and groaning with Derick (the attentive slave palm leaf waver) cooing Bible verses, holding her sweaty mane out of the way.

Benessa have gone quiet on IG for a few days. I think we're due some more underlined KJV Bible verses :P

Yeah, what is with that lately!!

Sorry, but I don't give a shit about the horrible comments they receive. What about their horrible beliefs that have and still are hurting women and children? Now that's more disgusting than the stories about having sex in the church, kissy face selfies, and the comments that follow. Having said that, I don't care where Jessa and Ben or any other fundies live.

So all the rape comments are a ok? As long as it's towards someone you don't like. Got it.

Archived