IGNORED

Where are Jessa and Ben living?

anjulibai

The thing with babies and family size is has to be agreed upon by both mom and dad. Now some will say that Derick knew what he was in for but I do not believe that to be true. I doubt Derick has had much interfacing with the QFM and has any sort of reference point in terms of what managing a $mall army require$...I guess he should have taken note that JB sold his family away in order to provide for the brood. If Derick was my son, I would be very concerned.

Getting pregnant and having babies cannot be one's only goal in life. It just is not healthy- *see Michelle*.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if should post that here but..

Ben and jessa knowing each others since childhood ? the Duggars and the Seewalds went to the same church years ago ?? Since when ??????? Never heard that story before...

I think Derrick is on board. He had plenty of time to get out of the craziness when parents wanted to read texts between two adults. They have had conversations about beliefs. If they don't line up they wouldn't be together (unless they threatened eloping or writing a tell all). Down the road could someone become less enthusiastic about being quiverfull possibly.Derrick knows sorta what he got into but he doesn't know it all or how his personal experience could play into it.

Okay, to be fair, it's the show saying they've 'known each other' since they were kids, not Ben and Jessa. Attending the same church doesn't necessarily mean you know each other - especially as they were kids, and especially if it was a big church and they didn't live there long. The show also made it sound like Jim Bob met Derick on a mission trip in Nepal. It's just shoddy reporting.

This probably isn't a very popular opinion, but as far as Jill constantly drawing attention to the fact that she's pregnant, I can see why. She's been looking forward to being a mother all of her life and she's finally going to have a baby. She's obviously excited. I don't think it's bad to be that excited about your first child. I feel like I'm a lot like Jill in the fact that we both really want to be mothers (but I'm sure as hell not having more than four) and it's what we feel called to do. I mean, yeah, I'm getting a COLLEGE EDUCATION first and she's not, but still, she's excited. I would be! I would probably be more obnoxious about it than she is!

I really don't see her excitement being that out of the ordinary for many first time mothers. In fact, she's a LOT better than a lot of the first time moms I know. I have a friend, her entire pregnancy she posted EVERYTHING. Every little thing she read on other sites, every time her baby kicked, how big her baby was that day, every ultrasound picture, every time she had gas, every time she woke up to pee in the middle of the night, every time she had trouble sleeping, every time she worried she'd be a bad mother, every time she was certain she'd be the best mother in the world, etc. I gladly accept Jill's version of social media posting.

Ben and jessa knowing each others since childhood ? the Duggars and the Seewalds went to the same church years ago ?? Since when ??????? Never heard that story before...

They've known each other since they lived in the Little Rock area (according to the story), so when Josie was born? Jessa was hardly a child, she was 17. Though, Ben was, what, 14? I guess you could count him as a child.

I thought they had lived there for a while when Jim Bob was a congressman, but maybe I'm wrong.

I thought they had lived there for a while when Jim Bob was a congressman, but maybe I'm wrong.

I thought that they didn't have to move because the office he held only met like once a year (according to the state government's website)

I thought that they didn't have to move because the office he held only met like once a year (according to the state government's website)

I was curious, so I googled it. According to Duggar Family Blog:

in November of 1998, Jim Bob won the election with 56 percent of the votes.

Just like they did when Josie was born, the Duggars moved to Little Rock and lived there until 2002.

I was curious, so I googled it. According to Duggar Family Blog:

1998-2002...Jessa was 6-12 years old. Men was 3-9 years old.

So that is when their relationship started?

Or was it 2009- when Jessa was 17 and Ben was 14.

Lies, Lies, Lies- Yeah

Lies, Lies, Lies- Yeah

Did you actually watch the segment? They never said their relationship started during either of those time periods. It was pretty clear that they were referring to the 98-02 time period, and also that they didn't care much to get their facts straight. Why would they even lie about something like that? Wouldn't, "Omg our families had known each other for yeeears and we just finally got together" have made for a cuter story than Ben deciding he had the hots for Jessa and showing up at their church?

I went to high school for 4 years with a guy, and we must have met at least once or twice, but neither of us really remembered, and we didn't actually get to know each other or become friends until we started going to the same church years later. It's not a lie to say that we'd met years before, but it's also not a lie to say that we didn't have a relationship with each other until years later, or even really that we 'met' at the church, and not at school.

Lies, Lies, Lies- Yeah

can't you all just see Ben chasing Jessa around when she was 6 and he was 2.5

can't you all just see it

I see it - I swear I do

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

seriously

and no one is calling him out on his "writer" status on his facebook lol

You know what I noticed in the video? Jill was using Betty Crocker All Purpose Gluten Free flour. If Derick has to eat gluten free because he is a Celiac it would explain his thinness, and sometimes unwell look. It would be one hell of a curve ball for Jill.

It wouldn't surprise me if Jill had just jumped on the gluten free bandwagon, though. She seems like the sort who would be all over those fad health things, especially the ones fundies favour. I wonder if she's into essential oils.

It wouldn't surprise me if Jill had just jumped on the gluten free bandwagon, though. She seems like the sort who would be all over those fad health things, especially the ones fundies favour. I wonder if she's into essential oils.

Well that would piss me off. My husband is Celiac and has no choice but to follow the gluten free diet. I'd hate to have to hate Jill strictly on principal. :whistle:

Well that would piss me off. My husband is Celiac and has no choice but to follow the gluten free diet. I'd hate to have to hate Jill strictly on principal. :whistle:

IIRC she had mentioned something, at some point, about trying to cook for some dietary need he had. I don' think this is a bandwagon moment for Jill although I certainly wouldn't put it past her.

IIRC she had mentioned something, at some point, about trying to cook for some dietary need he had. I don' think this is a bandwagon moment for Jill although I certainly wouldn't put it past her.

Didn't he help sample the four candidate wedding cakes that Jill's friend made? I suppose they may have been GF, but wouldn't they then have had GF cake at the wedding? Does anyone remember if it was a big or small cake? It would make perfect sense to have GF cake if Derick and any family/friends are GF, but would they have made enough (with the accompanying expense) for over 1000 guests?

Actually, Jill the tattler might have a big problem with this, once she becomes used to the idea that nobody cares what Jessa (or she, for that matter) is doing. Where is her attention for bringing a transgression to light? Gasp! She might be the one to write the "tell all" book after all! :shock:

Y'all are possibly projecting what you would do in that situation. These girls don't seem like the catty type.

Didn't he help sample the four candidate wedding cakes that Jill's friend made? I suppose they may have been GF, but wouldn't they then have had GF cake at the wedding? Does anyone remember if it was a big or small cake? It would make perfect sense to have GF cake if Derick and any family/friends are GF, but would they have made enough (with the accompanying expense) for over 1000 guests?

IIRC they had a normal-sized wedding cake and then sheet cakes for most of the guests. They may have made the real cake GF but not the sheet cakes.

IIRC they had a normal-sized wedding cake and then sheet cakes for most of the guests. They may have made the real cake GF but not the sheet cakes.

I don't remember if he actually ate any of the cakes at the tasting or not. He did have a grooms cake that might have been GF. He might also be in the "I'll suffer" stage just not to give up things like a regular wedding cake.

I don't remember if he actually ate any of the cakes at the tasting or not.

I'm not sure if they showed him eating the cake or not, but they did have talking heads where he mentioned which cakes he preferred, so it's assumed he ate them.

Like others said, I'm thinking Jill jumped on the Gluten free fad.

Y'all are possibly projecting what you would do in that situation. These girls don't seem like the catty type.

Uh, no. None of us are "projecting what we would do." We're snarking on the Duggars in a Duggar snark forum.

He might also be sensitive to gluten, but not actually gluten intolerant. As someone with GI issues, let me tell you they can manifest in a variety of ways. If I have gluten heavy dishes like pasta and breads, I'll get really ill. So I'm not "gluten free", but I tend to avoid it if I can.

What I'm saying is that he may have a legitimate reason to avoid gluten besides celiac or jumping on the bandwagon.

I generally just don't care what other people eat, even if it is woo. Go on with your bad self.

And as someone who is allergic to wheat, I appreciate having lots of GF options made more available by the demands of bandwagoners.

Archived