IGNORED

Where are Jessa and Ben living?

anjulibai

So the gospel according to the Duggars is that Daddy Duggar suggested to Derek, the prayer partner, he might be interested in Jill and

Daddy suggested to Ben, the budding theologian, that he might be interested in Jessa. Uh huh. I'll be interested to see what story is told when the next girl is married off. No daughter could possibly be drawn to or engage with a young man by her own initiative it will have to be the mighty JB going out and capturing another son-in-law.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

besides I don't think those phones existed in the year 2000 :D

but I could be wrong :nenner:

but the good news is "the writer" turns 20 in five months :D

Text messages were around in 2001 when I got my first cell phone. But it was rare for teenagers to have cell phones back then. Good luck getting a cell phone if you were a kid. You're best bet at that age would be a private land line to your bedroom =p

Oh my God. lol I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous! Look, I'm not saying AT ALL that the Duggars are never deceptive, that they never lie or spin things to put themselves in the best light or maintain their chosen narrative - of course they do. But sometimes they are actually telling the truth. And in cases like this, when their story is more or less consistent and when they really have no reason to lie, the simplest explanation (that they're telling the truth) is usually correct.

You know why there are some inconsistencies in their story? Because they've told it in 10-second sound bites for a reality show and TV and magazine interviews over the course of more than a year. If you asked me and all my family members to, I don't know, describe how and why my parents got a divorce, and we retold events in small segments over the course of 16 months to various interviewers, there would definitely be inconsistencies, and that's not even taking into account the fact that journalists, especially ones writing fluff pieces for fluff publications, often get shit wrong.

Anyway, this is basically what the Duggars have revealed up to now concerning how Ben and Jessa met and got together - the facts as we know them:

-During 1998-2002 the Duggars lived near Little Rock. During this time they apparently attended the same church as the Seewalds, which is where they first 'met'. There is as far as I can tell no indication that there was an actual relationship beyond this vague meeting. We don't even know that the Duggars attended this particular church on a regular basis. Also keep in mind that during this time Jessa was 6-10 years old, Ben 3-7.

-After 2002 the Duggars moved back to Tontitown. From what they've said so far, it seems there was no communication between the two families from here on (if there was ever really any).

-In 2010 the Duggars moved to Little Rock to be closer to the hospital/Josie. Again there is no indication that they had any contact with the Seewalds at this point.

-Sometime in 2013 (probably) Ben and his family visited the Duggars' church. Ben had a crush on Jessa. He kept coming back. Jim Bob obviously approved because he gave Ben Jessa's phone number so they could text about theology or whatever. They kept texting, became friends, became very good friends, and then started courting. I wouldn't be surprised if it were at some point between Ben's first visit to the church and the start of their courtship that they remembered/realized that they had already 'met' as children near Little Rock, but it's possible they didn't even realize it until later. Even if they had always known, it doesn't imply deception to me to say that you 'met' as children but didn't really meet until you actually got to know each other as adults.

So, where are the lies? Where's the deceit? The timeline makes sense. Their story is more or less consistent. But the most damning thing to me is that they seem to have no reason to lie. If they'd really known each other forever, why lie? What would their motivation be? The people crying, 'Lies! Deceit!' can't even seem to decide what they're lying about - is it that the Duggars and the Seewalds have known each other longer than they claim, or for a shorter period of time? Is it that the relationship was closer, or more distant? Is it that either or both families approved more than they want us to think, or less? That it was an arranged marriage, or a love match? What story exactly are they trying to spin? Or are they constantly contradicting themselves to distract Free Jinger from the fact that Ben and Jessa have really been married since they were 10?

Oh my God. lol I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous! Look, I'm not saying AT ALL that the Duggars are never deceptive, that they never lie or spin things to put themselves in the best light or maintain their chosen narrative - of course they do. But sometimes they are actually telling the truth. And in cases like this, when their story is more or less consistent and when they really have no reason to lie, the simplest explanation (that they're telling the truth) is usually correct.

You know why there are some inconsistencies in their story? Because they've told it in 10-second sound bites for a reality show and TV and magazine interviews over the course of more than a year. If you asked me and all my family members to, I don't know, describe how and why my parents got a divorce, and we retold events in small segments over the course of 16 months to various interviewers, there would definitely be inconsistencies, and that's not even taking into account the fact that journalists, especially ones writing fluff pieces for fluff publications, often get shit wrong.

Anyway, this is basically what the Duggars have revealed up to now concerning how Ben and Jessa met and got together - the facts as we know them:

-During 1998-2002 the Duggars lived near Little Rock. During this time they apparently attended the same church as the Seewalds, which is where they first 'met'. There is as far as I can tell no indication that there was an actual relationship beyond this vague meeting. We don't even know that the Duggars attended this particular church on a regular basis. Also keep in mind that during this time Jessa was 6-10 years old, Ben 3-7.

-After 2002 the Duggars moved back to Tontitown. From what they've said so far, it seems there was no communication between the two families from here on (if there was ever really any).

-In 2010 the Duggars moved to Little Rock to be closer to the hospital/Josie. Again there is no indication that they had any contact with the Seewalds at this point.

-Sometime in 2013 (probably) Ben and his family visited the Duggars' church. Ben had a crush on Jessa. He kept coming back. Jim Bob obviously approved because he gave Ben Jessa's phone number so they could text about theology or whatever. They kept texting, became friends, became very good friends, and then started courting. I wouldn't be surprised if it were at some point between Ben's first visit to the church and the start of their courtship that they remembered/realized that they had already 'met' as children near Little Rock, but it's possible they didn't even realize it until later. Even if they had always known, it doesn't imply deception to me to say that you 'met' as children but didn't really meet until you actually got to know each other as adults.

So, where are the lies? Where's the deceit? The timeline makes sense. Their story is more or less consistent. But the most damning thing to me is that they seem to have no reason to lie. If they'd really known each other forever, why lie? What would their motivation be? The people crying, 'Lies! Deceit!' can't even seem to decide what they're lying about - is it that the Duggars and the Seewalds have known each other longer than they claim, or for a shorter period of time? Is it that the relationship was closer, or more distant? Is it that either or both families approved more than they want us to think, or less? That it was an arranged marriage, or a love match? What story exactly are they trying to spin? Or are they constantly contradicting themselves to distract Free Jinger from the fact that Ben and Jessa have really been married since they were 10?

I love it - since they were 10 ROFL

:nenner: :cracking-up:

Yes. And since they were both ten because apparently some kind of time-space paradox is involved here (the Duggars have been lying to us all along - they're from the future, they learned how to bend space and time and they've come back to screw with the minds of 21st century forum posters).

p.s. I don't want people to think I'm handslapping or just rolling my eyes at speculation. Speculation is great but when it makes no sense it's frustrating. I do believe the Duggars lie about things. We have evidence: they lied for seemingly no reason about Jana not being on the RV trip with Josh and Anna. It probably wasn't a sinister reason, but they still lied; however, we KNOW that they lied in that case. I would actually love it if someone could lay out a solid argument, based on logic, for why they think the Duggars, the Seewalds, the Dillards or anyone else are lying about either Jessa or Jill's relationship, and for what exactly they're lying about. I don't believe they are lying, but I'm totally prepared to have my mind changed - I'm not being sarcastic or implying it can't be done.

Yes. And since they were both ten because apparently some kind of time-space paradox is involved here (the Duggars have been lying to us all along - they're from the future, they learned how to bend space and time and they've come back to screw with the minds of 21st century forum posters).

that would explain the raven and cross photos

Lots of people either need to get a sense of humor or find a Digger fansite.

The game of semantics played here lately is ridiculous.

If you never want to be challenged on whatever random insult or accusation you choose to throw around, don't post them, or block everyone who disagrees with you. If the majority of posters here decide that Free Jinger is the Fundie Burn Book and that debate is not allowed, okay - but to me this is still a forum. I post things people disagree with all the time, and they call me out on it. Sometimes I post really stupid things. Sometimes I phrase things wrong and my point fails to come across. Sometimes I'm a hypocrite and I contradict myself. I don't always enjoy it when people challenge me, but I expect it and I don't resent it. If all you want to do is insult the Duggars and have no interest in accuracy or reality, that's fine - but you can own that. Just tell me you don't care, that you have no interest debating, or don't respond at all. You don't have to say, "Nah nah you have no sense of humour, go find a Duggar fansite!" All that amounts to is basically, "I don't like what you're saying. You're stupid. Go away." Which I guess is fine, but it doesn't add much to the discussion!

See, that's the thing, when I'm on a forum I assume people are looking for discussion. Maybe I need to stop assuming that, as weird as it may seem.

let's discuss the type of cereal they buy :D

I'm more than willing. Are they buying health cereal, or Lucky Charms? If they buy Count Chocula are they supporting the occult?! :P

Why is it that whenever anyone disagrees with you, you accuse them of being a Duggar leghumper or pretend you were just kidding around and that people cant take a joke?

I get it, you don't like the Duggars. Most of us don't like the Duggars. That doesn't mean that every single solitary thing they do is evil, filled with lies, or robotic. It also doesn't mean that people defending them against those types of accusations are leghumpers -- rather it means that they admit that the Duggars are humans and humans are not black and white.

The Duggars are allowed to have good qualities and bad qualities, just like everyone else. The Duggars are allowed to have depth that we don't always see/haven't previously seen, just like everyone else. The Duggars are allowed to have experiences and memories that don't progress in a strictly linear fashion, just like everyone else (meaning, the Seewalds and the Duggars are allowed to have met before and not had even a friendship until shortly before the courtship began). The Duggars are allowed to be human because the Duggars are human.

Go ahead and hate the Duggars all you want, but please stop pretending like they're not human.

I'm more than willing. Are they buying health cereal, or Lucky Charms? If they buy Count Chocula are they supporting the occult?! :P

based on both of them - Jessa has her smoothies and Ben apparently likes hamburgers

I would say Captn Crunch :D

and maybe they want to be a bit private

maybe they don't want to share that they don't like Captn Crunch

maybe just maybe they like Chia Seeds instead

If you never want to be challenged on whatever random insult or accusation you choose to throw around, don't post them, or block everyone who disagrees with you. If the majority of posters here decide that Free Jinger is the Fundie Burn Book and that debate is not allowed, okay - but to me this is still a forum. I post things people disagree with all the time, and they call me out on it. Sometimes I post really stupid things. Sometimes I phrase things wrong and my point fails to come across. Sometimes I'm a hypocrite and I contradict myself. I don't always enjoy it when people challenge me, but I expect it and I don't resent it. If all you want to do is insult the Duggars and have no interest in accuracy or reality, that's fine - but you can own that. Just tell me you don't care, that you have no interest debating, or don't respond at all. You don't have to say, "Nah nah you have no sense of humour, go find a Duggar fansite!" All that amounts to is basically, "I don't like what you're saying. You're stupid. Go away." Which I guess is fine, but it doesn't add much to the discussion!

See, that's the thing, when I'm on a forum I assume people are looking for discussion. Maybe I need to stop assuming that, as weird as it may seem.

you mean this isn't a duggar fansite

oh dear -- you mean I actually like Jill

oh dear oh dear

I must confess I -ADORE Jill

ok - joke over

I don't

:cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

I vote Rice Krispy Treat Cereal. Have y'all ever tried that? It's like the crack of cereals, it's that addictive.

It's not Rice Crispies, and it's not Sweetened Rice Crispies Cereal. Rice Crispy Treat Cereal is sold at Wal-Mart, and is usually on the bottom shelf. I haven't seen it sold anywhere else.

I hope Jessa and Ben are eating a ton of it. NOM.

I've been gone all week and must have missed something. Why is Ben the Writer?

he changed it on his facebook from businessman to Writer - you must use the quotes for the "the writer" because he is much of a writer as I am Doctor :nenner:

because all he does is copy and plagiarize sermons and posts endless photos of crosses

so

I honestly hope that they are going insane eating Salt and Vingear potato chips while watching 9 1/2 weeks

while renacting the kitchen scene :D

I vote Rice Krispy Treat Cereal. Have y'all ever tried that? It's like the crack of cereals, it's that addictive.

It's not Rice Crispies, and it's not Sweetened Rice Crispies Cereal. Rice Crispy Treat Cereal is sold at Wal-Mart, and is usually on the bottom shelf. I haven't seen it sold anywhere else.

I hope Jessa and Ben are eating a ton of it. NOM.

i vote Puffins :D

Kinda crunchy-healthy like Jessa, wheat free for the fad win, and sweet enough to tempt Ben. Although Rice Crispy Treat Cereal sounds divine.

post-10046-14451999850101_thumb.jpg

facebook.com/benL4CSeewald

Looks like someone posting to his wall has congratulated him on expecting a child with Jessa. Is it someone who knows him personally and would be privy so such info, or just a hopeful yet uninformed fan? I don't know, but it's not doing anything to help Benessa bump watch 2015.

I tried searching and didn't see any congratulations comment.

You can delete comments from others on facebook and that may be what he did. Could be suspicious, or he could just not want any new gossip about him & Jessa.

Archived