IGNORED

Jill Duggar Pregnant! CONFIRMED! MERGED

actuallyjessica

Surprised? Yes and no...I knew the likelihood of a baby before they were married a year was high. I just didn't expect to announce when the embryo was so...well, embryo. Is the pee even dry on the stick? And the fact she has been peeing on multiple sticks :o Good lord! Imagine how devastated she would have been if it took her THREE whole months to get pregnant.

I feel so sad that she and Derrick are going to miss out on some fun time just being the two of them.

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of their self worth is tied to having kids, and the only praise and approval they get is when they get pregnant. Most of them are probably doomed.

I wonder if they even realize they're missing out on anything. I mean, a core part of what Jill has been raised to believe is that it is a woman's duty to fuck her husband and make babies. It is what her body of beliefs requires her to do, as engrained as going to church every Sunday is for some. I imagine she's thrilled to be pregnant, and doesn't think or even know she's going to miss anything. Hell, it's probably a badge of honor to be pregnant so quick. A "Look! We're doing what we're supposed to be doing!" kind of thing.

They have actually surpassed Kardashian Level Fame Whoring. From now on the Duggars are the standard by which all other fame whoring will be judged.

Move over Kimmy, there's a new queen in town. :disgust:

I like to call them the Duggashians.

The Duggars and Kardashians do have a lot in common. Both families have a controlling parent/manager that sells the sex lives of their daughters. Both families are on the cover of magazines for the most mundane topics ever. Then we have the whole same first letter of the first name crappola. Did I mention they both say "bible" a lot?

I'm sorry: this is not going to be a nice post, and I'll probably get a warning for it, sorry.

I feel so bad for the other three adult girls. I feel like Jill hits the jackpot all the time whereas the other girls do not get a piece of the cake.

First, Jill is the only one who got to have a real education that she also likes on top of that!

Jill starts courting second but gets married first and gets all the attention. She get's to have the cool guy AND the beautiful house which is my country would be considered a f****** villa. now she is pregnant with a honeymoon baby, probably. i would not be surprised if she is pregnant with twins, boy and girl, so the jackpot would be complete.

the other girls on the other hand, well:

Jessa is stuck with a manchild, who would not even be a good match if he wasn't a f***** manchild. She started courting first but Jill stole all the attention. She announces her engagement but Jill tops that with a superfast pregnancy.

Jana is stuck at home, with all the children. a beautiful young woman who, in fundie circles, is nearing her expiration date.

Jinger is stuck in the closet, where it is dark and cold. The closet will most probably be her wedding dress, (hopefully NOT her coffin as well). At least, this is the purest a person could be at their wedding.

If this was a narcissistic family, I would think that Jill was the golden child, the chosen one! Oh....wait.....

Amen!

I may never get to the end of this thread b/c I'm too busy laughing my ass off at ONTD nonsense:

sImCD43.jpg

Damn you! Now when I look at the real cover, their faces look weird to me! XD

On another note, I'm wondering if the way these announcements are falling isn't influenced by other shit. Someone suggested that Jill is attempting to take some focus off Jessa, who doesn't seem to enjoy so much media attention, which I could believe.

There's also the horrendous robocall. I could honestly believe these announcements have been rushed out to take the focus off that horseshit.

Damn you! Now when I look at the real cover, their faces look weird to me! XD

On another note, I'm wondering if the way these announcements are falling isn't influenced by other shit. Someone suggested that Jill is attempting to take some focus off Jessa, who doesn't seem to enjoy so much media attention, which I could believe.

There's also the horrendous robocall. I could honestly believe these announcements have been rushed out to take the focus off that horseshit.

Derick would look really pretty with mascara...

I got the feeling Jessa likes attention because she is obsessed with selfies.

I got the feeling Jessa likes attention because she is obsessed with selfies.

Posting selfies isn't the same as having intimate moments taped and broadcast for the world. She's always seemed uncomfortable on camera, at least to me. There were pictures floating around of the taping of Ben's proposal.. Jessa did NOT look happy, for whatever reason, and I'm sure it was probably influenced by the cameras.

Edited for riffle

Posting selfies isn't the same as having intimate moments taped and broadcast for the world. She's always seemed uncomfortable on camera, at least to me. There were pictures floating around of the taping of Ben's proposal.. Jessa did NOT look happy, for whatever reason, and I'm sure it was probably influenced by the cameras.

Edited for riffle

Not to mention that posting selfies allows you to choose what is shown. When you're life is a TV show and the media circus surrounding it, you have no say as to what the world sees without controlling yourself to the point of not being yourself, which is what Jessa did in the spotlight.

Anyone can post selfies, most people wouldn't survive on a reality show. Especially when the subject of the reality TV show is a first relationship that everyone anticipates to lead to marriage and kids while you're still getting to know your intended.

Probably bulk ordered them off Amazon or Costco. :roll:

I wonder if Jchelle gives some of her stock away as wedding gifts?

If memory serves, Jill was actually given a gift basket by Michelle right before she married Derick. In it was a bunch of things Michelle thought Jill would need for her honeymoon, including a whole mess of pregnancy tests. I think it was covered in one of the Jill marriage megathreads.

Ugh, the thought of the discussion they had before the ceremony seriously grosses me out. "Now Jill, don't forget. Every time you have sex, you need to immediately pee on the stick so that you can see if you'll be catching a baby within the next few months. Oh, won't it be wonderful? Maybe we can be pregnant together, just think of the TV ratings, uhh, I mean, just think of how it will strengthen our family bonds!"

It kind of makes me sad that, after a lifetime of achievement and various struggles, Robin Williams and Lauren Bacall are Duggar footnotes in entertainment news :|

I had to go back and look at the cover again. It knocked the wind out of me to see their names when I looked for them. I had to LOOK for them! WTF is wrong with the world?

I wonder how upset Jessa is. She'll be overshadowed by Jill now, probably even on her wedding day. She'll have to do something startling if she wants more attention to refocus on her. What about a coloured wedding dress? A pink, a la Jessica Biel, or a metallic like whoever it was who did that recently. Perhaps she can have 20 bridesmaids, or a horse and carriage as her wedding transport.

I thought about this, and feel bad for her. I don't think her family will be as interested in her wedding because everything is about babies. I can already see it, all the attention on the blushing newlywed as everyone gazes fondly at her bump, while Bennessa go for broke and start their wedding night right there at the alter, unnoticed because Jill is the Madonna in which the sun rises and falls for getting knocked up so fast.

It would be interesting to compare that photoshopped People cover to the inevitable host of Dullard spawn as they come of age.

Which was the advice book Michelle and JimBob mentioned that advised them not to get a TV or pets during their first year of marriage, because they would be too distracting during that crucial time? So a puppy or TV is a major distraction, but pregnancy and a baby isn't . . .

They'll distract you from doing the deed and having a baby, not from other things. Have sex and prove you're going it with a pregnancy!

Maybe they weren't pure on their wedding day. Maybe this is them hiding the fact that they had sex before they were wed! Maybe shes showing cause she's actually further along. And maybe that's why her sisters were pushing multiple tests. They all know each other's cycles, afterall.

A story for the tell all book, I guess ;)

I think it's really weird for sisters to be pushing for a test that quick unless they knew something. Maybe, when one of them was chaperoning. She turned her back so she could say she never saw it happening. It would be more believable for them to pester her for all the details of having sex, but pushing her for a test just makes me wonder. If they have a full-term baby in January, we'll know.

I don't like anyone in this family at all and this announcement makes me feel so bad for Jessa. Could they not have waited maybe a few weeks or so. Give Jessa the chance to have the limelight. She is a going to be a bride and no matter what I feel about them I would be devastated if this was me and my sister swooped in met a guy, got engaged had a wedding and now days after my own engagement announcement she is pregnant. Also shame on Jim Bob for using all this to make money and allowing this. These people are not the humble christians they make themselves out to be. They are fame whoring cult members whose only views are those of there own. They seem hypocritical in their actions and I just am SUPER ANNOYED by them all.

That is all...

I've thought about this, and it's sad. Those kids so rarely get any individual attention, and Jessa's turn had come, but then it got stolen away from her, and even her own first pregnancy probably won't be her time alone. She might get a month to have some attention, which would be shared since Jill could still be pregnant, but when Jill's baby comes, Jessa's pregnancy will be just a pregnancy, not a cute little baby face to awwww at.

It doesn't make me wonder. These people have been raised to ask people if they're expecting the minute after they're married. I imagine they play pee on the stick like other people play spin the bottle. It's a real riot of a party game in fundieland. "Hey, there's a newlywed in the room. Wouldn't it be fun to see if God's blessed her yet?"

How many pregnancy tests did Whitney Bates take, desperately trying to get pregnant as soon as she said "I do." ? No matter how normal the Duggars may sound, they are not like you or me, and they never will be. In their world, if a newly married woman isn't pregnant after two months, that is too long.

Archived