IGNORED

Jill Duggar Pregnant! CONFIRMED! MERGED

actuallyjessica

If memory serves, Jill was actually given a gift basket by Michelle right before she married Derick. In it was a bunch of things Michelle thought Jill would need for her honeymoon, including a whole mess of pregnancy tests. I think it was covered in one of the Jill marriage megathreads.

Ugh, the thought of the discussion they had before the ceremony seriously grosses me out. "Now Jill, don't forget. Every time you have sex, you need to immediately pee on the stick so that you can see if you'll be catching a baby within the next few months. Oh, won't it be wonderful? Maybe we can be pregnant together, just think of the TV ratings, uhh, I mean, just think of how it will strengthen our family bonds!"

I believe the Duggarism you are looking for is "think of the testimony" lol

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's really weird for sisters to be pushing for a test that quick unless they knew something. Maybe, when one of them was chaperoning. She turned her back so she could say she never saw it happening. It would be more believable for them to pester her for all the details of having sex, but pushing her for a test just makes me wonder. If they have a full-term baby in January, we'll know.

She could have lost her virginity before the wedding but still be due in March. I expect that with all of the craziness of getting the wedding together, there may have been some chances to slip away, with or without chaperones knowing. I feel the "we got pregnant two weeks after" is a bit convenient.... She's reportedly due on the 28th, but she could deliver in mid March and say the baby was "just a bit early."

is it honestly so unusual for her to be pregnant immediately that we need to be speculating they were having sex before the wedding?

Ugh. I consider this sad news. I had so hoped that moving out and getting her own place to live would affect Jill in such a way as to step back from the TLCmachine madness.

I wish Derick had insisted to be out of the machine rather jump feet first into it.

I had hoped for them to have a year before conceiving.

Oh and Afterthought-Jessa's cute little banner at the bottom. Nice.

Getting ready for the Duggars to go away.

Oh yeah, the first I knew of this, I saw a headline on a newsfeed that says "JIM BOB BLAH BLAH BLAH" and that's just messed up this show has turned their family into something so twisted and abnormal...

I've thought about this, and it's sad. Those kids so rarely get any individual attention, and Jessa's turn had come, but then it got stolen away from her, and even her own first pregnancy probably won't be her time alone. She might get a month to have some attention, which would be shared since Jill could still be pregnant, but when Jill's baby comes, Jessa's pregnancy will be just a pregnancy, not a cute little baby face to awwww at.

You can always hope that it takes her a few months to get pregnant so she can be the focus of her husband's attention for a while before going back to her accustomed role of mother.

Ugh. I consider this sad news. I had so hoped that moving out and getting her own place to live would affect Jill in such a way as to step back from the TLCmachine madness.

I wish Derick had insisted to be out of the machine rather jump feet first into it.

I had hoped for them to have a year before conceiving.

Oh and Afterthought-Jessa's cute little banner at the bottom. Nice.

Getting ready for the Duggars to go away.

Oh yeah, the first I knew of this, I saw a headline on a newsfeed that says "JIM BOB BLAH BLAH BLAH" and that's just messed up this show has turned their family into something so twisted and abnormal...

Having one pregnancy hardly means she's forever going to be part of the TLC machine or even that she's too far gone as a fundie. Jill really wants children and always has. But I imagine that neither of them expected her to get pregnant so quickly. Even if you have sex when you're most fertile, it doesn't guarantee a viable egg or implantation. The 30% chance every month statistic I posted earlier is WITH attempting to get pregnant (having sex on fertile days, proper diet, etc).

Plus, they got married. They were going to have sex (there was way too much sexual frustration between the two of them for them to not get there). She would not have allowed birth control, even pulling out. What was Derick going to say? "Hey, baby, I love you, but I'm not getting my cock anywhere near you"?

10565194_10154506883135521_3018715546823342400_n.jpg

There is also another video message tonight during the Who do you think you are episode.

Not for nothing I think these pictures are a cute way to announce the pregnancy. I know it's Jill and Derick, but I do like the photo shoot. It's cute.

10565194_10154506883135521_3018715546823342400_n.jpg

There is also another video message tonight during the Who do you think you are episode.

Didn't she know that pictures of her shoes would be taken? Jeeeez, she rather should have worn flip flops instead of these old worn-out shoes...

Didn't she know that pictures of her shoes would be taken? Jeeeez, she rather should have worn flip flops instead of these old worn-out shoes...

she has nice ankles though :D

she has nice ankles though :D

for now :lol: pretty soon it'll be elephant ankles. But they'll go back to normal after the baby's born

kim k's pregnancy ankles:

post-10046-14451999371711_thumb.jpg

source: eurweb.com/2013/06/kimberly-gossip-kanyes-scandal-jurnees-new-curves-nenes-ugly-dress/

So, now that I think about all this, she's knocked up and hasn't even known him a year. crazy.

My DH and I got married quickly (10 months after meeting) but we didn't try to get pregnant til 6 months later (I was already 30 by then).

So who's jumping in bed too fast here?

I think it's really weird for sisters to be pushing for a test that quick unless they knew something. Maybe, when one of them was chaperoning. She turned her back so she could say she never saw it happening. It would be more believable for them to pester her for all the details of having sex, but pushing her for a test just makes me wonder. If they have a full-term baby in January, we'll know.

I'm no expert on pregnancy timing, but if she got pregnant RIGHT away (honeymoon baby), couldn't she have had a late period before finding out? I imagine if I were trying to get pregnant right away and was really close to my sisters, I might mention something to them about taking a pregnancy test because I was late but having it show up negative. And in that case, the sister might encourage me to take another one, just in case.

I can't imagine not having a late period yet and having a sister encourage me to take another pregnancy test "just in case," but then... I'm not a Duggar. I can't imagine shelling out the money for a pregnancy test until I was late even if I were trying to have kids.

I'm sorry: this is not going to be a nice post, and I'll probably get a warning for it, sorry.

I feel so bad for the other three adult girls. I feel like Jill hits the jackpot all the time whereas the other girls do not get a piece of the cake.

First, Jill is the only one who got to have a real education that she also likes on top of that!

Jill starts courting second but gets married first and gets all the attention. She get's to have the cool guy AND the beautiful house which is my country would be considered a f****** villa. now she is pregnant with a honeymoon baby, probably. i would not be surprised if she is pregnant with twins, boy and girl, so the jackpot would be complete.

the other girls on the other hand, well:

Jessa is stuck with a manchild, who would not even be a good match if he wasn't a f***** manchild. She started courting first but Jill stole all the attention. She announces her engagement but Jill tops that with a superfast pregnancy.

Jana is stuck at home, with all the children. a beautiful young woman who, in fundie circles, is nearing her expiration date.

Jinger is stuck in the closet, where it is dark and cold. The closet will most probably be her wedding dress, (hopefully NOT her coffin as well). At least, this is the purest a person could be at their wedding.

If this was a narcissistic family, I would think that Jill was the golden child, the chosen one! Oh....wait.....

Amen!

Jill is particularly annoying to those of us who have a sibling like her. You all know the one; the favorite who never does anything wrong and gets everything first.

I'm no expert on pregnancy timing, but if she got pregnant RIGHT away (honeymoon baby), couldn't she have had a late period before finding out? I imagine if I were trying to get pregnant right away and was really close to my sisters, I might mention something to them about taking a pregnancy test because I was late but having it show up negative. And in that case, the sister might encourage me to take another one, just in case.

I can't imagine not having a late period yet and having a sister encourage me to take another pregnancy test "just in case," but then... I'm not a Duggar. I can't imagine shelling out the money for a pregnancy test until I was late even if I were trying to have kids.

After going through infertility...trust me, you buy in bulk and test constantly. just how it is. I tested a few days before AF was due with my daughter (no infertility then) but nothing crazy, and NOTHING like the 2 years when TTCing my son.

After going through infertility...trust me, you buy in bulk and test constantly. just how it is. I tested a few days before AF was due with my daughter (no infertility then) but nothing crazy, and NOTHING like the 2 years when TTCing my son.

I guess I should clarify-- if I had faced fertility issues or had been trying for a while, I can imagine testing constantly. I just can't imagine spending $5 on a pregnancy test after I've only been trying for several cycles when I'll have a good idea whether or not I'm pregnant by just waiting a couple weeks.

But again, I'm not a Duggar, and that is a completely different culture in regards to pregnancy!

Jill is particularly annoying to those of us who have a sibling like her. You all know the one; the favorite who never does anything wrong and gets everything first.

:worship: Thank you so much for saying that! I feel like i've been really bitchy on FJ the last couple of days and it's just because of old family baggage. :lol: I actually do hope J&B and J&D are happy, and i truly hope that none of the girls feels like passed over second-rate goods. (but i have a hard time believing Jana and Jinger don't struggle a little with doubting themselves) :|

It really might not have been a big deal for them... I definitely won't speak to their experience.

But it's definitely not a given that attraction makes it easy to go from not kissing to sex in a few hours. I had had one sexual partner when the boyfriend and I started dating, and we didn't kiss for probably a month for various reasons, despite being extremely attracted to each other. Looking back on the first time we kissed (which ended up being a night positively chock-full of chemistry), I'm still glad it didn't go further than a no-petting make-out session because I would definitely NOT have been ready. That's a lot of steps to go through at once, even when you have (some) experience and attraction on your side.

True, but, I think it depends on how much the couple knows about the mechanics of sex as well as attraction.

...so that you can see if you'll be catching a baby within the next few months. Oh, won't it be wonderful? Maybe we can be pregnant together, just think of the TV ratings, uhh, I mean, just think of how it will strengthen our family bonds!"

:D And where did y'all get the "catch" a baby line? I know there's a story.

Many people think Jill might be having multiples based on a pic of her laying in Derek's arms. Her stomach does look quite larger than it should at 7-8 weeks, it's possible she' could be having twins. :?

Well twins do run in families and JB&M did have a set so it's not impossible.

Oh wow, I had never seen that video.

Sure Michelle & JB let the kids set their own courtship rules, SURE! Because obviously it doesn't matter to JB & Michelle if Jill & Derick side hug or frontal hug cause it's their decision. They didn't make a huge deal about it or anything.

So full of crap!!

IKR? J'chelle is "sure" they won't let that happen again. Or WHAT? :penguin-no:

And I love the proverbial "do not enter" painted on the floor, and the proverbial "YOU CROSSED THE LINE!" alarm that sounded when she gave her hussy hug...er,....side hug. And they CLEARLY don't believe in "do not enter." :dance: :cracking-up: :dance: I"m sure Bulb and Mullet (I like to pronounce that in the French, "Mull-ae") will continue to "mentor" them, so as not to allow their lack of fundie maturity to cause a wayward turn di-rection.

Nothing more annoying than a hypocritical parent. Jim Bob and Michelle kissed/hugged etc before marriage and had a few years to really get to know each other before having kids and those two have a very strong marriage. Their kids aren't given those same options because it's 'eVIL!!11!' for women to not be actively trying to receive her husbands holy manjuice gift from God. I would be less annoyed if I got the impression that the kids want to follow these rules because they value them, not because they are being pushed by JB and J'chelle. With that many people there's bound to be AT LEAST one who thinks "I'm going to decide that with my wife/husband for my own family." Pressuring them to follow their rules by putting them in their wedding vows whilst insisting that the kids come up with their own standards just doesn't sit we'll with me.

Just based on the fact that Jill and Derick full-faced hugged during their courtship and Michelle was all: "Well I'm sure that won't happen again" made me think that it's not really the choice of the kids themselves to follow these courtship rules, as much as J'chelle keeps trying to sell it that way. She keeps saying they made the decision to have this kind of courtship, but it's hardly a choice when you have parents who are so rigid and don't really allow an alternatives.

I get the feeling that with Derick, at least, he may follow the party line for now about stuff like having as many kids as God gives them, but I could see him putting his foot down in a few years. It'll be interesting to see how Jill responds. She is so completely a kool-aid drinker of her parents lifestyle and beliefs, but to me that also shows that she can be easily swayed and manipulated unlike the girls who question more and more rebellious. I can see Derick sit her down and lay out reasons to use some form of birth control (like rhythm method at the very least) and her agreeing...maybe without telling Jchelle and if she tells a sister, swearing them to secrecy. I hope so. I think Derick could be good for her as long as he isn't brainwashed into the Duggar way of life.

is it honestly so unusual for her to be pregnant immediately that we need to be speculating they were having sex before the wedding?

Based on how much this family preaches about no kissing or sex before marriage and the timeline, I don't think it's unusual at all. Just to clear up my own posts, I personally don't think any less of Jill if she did. That would make me a colossal hypocrite.

Based on how much this family preaches about no kissing or sex before marriage and the timeline, I don't think it's unusual at all. Just to clear up my own posts, I personally don't think any less of Jill if she did. That would make me a colossal hypocrite.

I would just keel over laughing

because I think Jill and Derick are just hot for each other - :D

Archived